How would you book a "WCW One Night Stand" PPV?

CM Steel

A REAL American
If the WWE ever came up with a WCW themed show or pay per-view in the future? How do you think that they should booked the card of matches? So let's say that WWE chairman Vince McMahon did come up with a "WCW One Night Stand"-like PPV. And held it in Atlanta, GA or even Charlotte, NC. It could be called something like "WCW One Night Bang"? Because the WWE had the "ECW One Night Stand", and they had the "WWF One Night Only" PPV in England before the attitude era started.

The card could be:

Triple H vs. Booker T in a 2 out of 3 match

Chris Jericho vs. Dean Malenko (in a tribute for the late Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit)

The Big Show vs. Kevin Nash

A special segment from Stone Cold Steve Austin aka "Stunning" Steve Austin

The Undertaker vs. Diamond Dallas Page

RyBack vs. Bill GOLDBERG (Past vs. Future Match)

Rey Mysterio vs. Syxx (Sean Waltman)

Crusierweight Battle Royal

A second segment with Vince McMahon & Ric Flair (If Flair re-signed with the WWE?)

With WWE Hall of Famers Jim Ross & Dusty Rhodes on commentary.

That would be a solid tribute PPV well done! How would you book it?

There's some good ideas there but this is how I would book it with only former WCW talent and with only possible/available talent:

Rey Mysterio vs Billy Kidman (Both still work for WWE)

Last Nitro Rematch
Booker T vs Scott Steiner

Big Show 'The Giant vs Kevin Nash

Chris Jericho vs. Dean Malenko

I'd come up with more matches but gotta leave work now haha

I would start by not starting.

Sorry but WCW was pathetic and would have died had the WWE not brought it and consumed it. ECW was something completely different, but WCW was always trying to be WWE (or WWF or whatever u want to call it).

5-7 years ago, this would have been an idea at best, now most of the casual fanbase is too young to remember WCW outside of the WWE DVD releases.

hmmmm why not do it similair to the first ecw one night stand bring back some of wcw guys for one only. scott stiener vs booker t
rey misterio vs juvi geurrara
buff bagwell vs ddp
dean malenko vs jericho
goldberg vs the giant(big show)
jung dragons(jimmy yang wayne and jamie noble) vs 3 count(Shane Helms and Shannon Moore)
rick stiener vs road warrior animal
or perhaps the skyscrapers(sid vicious &mean mark callous/undertaker) vs harlem heat or the steiner brothers

It would be alright but the Commentating team has to consist of Tony Schiavone and Larry Zbysko not Jim Ross and Dusty Rhodes.

As far as matches I would love to see Larry Zbysko vs Chris Jericho as the match would be billed as the True Living Legend.
Harlem Heat vs the Steiners
Ernest Miller, Glacier and Brodus Clay vs Hugh Morrus, Konnan, and Meng (Haku)
Madusa vs Beth Phoenix for the Real Diva's Championship
A Cruiserweight Open
World War 3 Battle Royal (Former WCW and WWE Guys)

these are the only 1's I can think of for now.

This was done not long ago, but I'll bite. Anything WCW I'll comment on.

By the way...
I would start by not starting.

Sorry but WCW was pathetic and would have died had the WWE not brought it and consumed it. ECW was something completely different, but WCW was always trying to be WWE (or WWF or whatever u want to call it).

Actually it was WWF that was trying to be more like WCW. WCW was more gritty, realistic, edgy and the WWF at the same time was still the good-two-shoes of the wrestling business.

Anyways, to the card for my "WCW One Night Stand":

(Let's settle this first: On commentary, Tony Schiavone and Dusty Rhodes. That's it. Zbysko was okay, but Tony and Dusty were WCW PPVs alongside Bobby Heenan, who unfortunately can't commentate).

- Goldberg vs DDP (Bobby Heenan on commentary ala JR at WM 28) - These two put on one of the best matches in WCW's history at Halloween Havoc 98 and it would be interesting to see a rematch between them, even 14 years later. DDP could still go in TNA and who knows about Goldberg?

- Sting vs Ric Flair - How can you have a WCW show without Sting or Ric Flair and more importantly, how can you not have them wrestling each other? Yes, I'm aware of all the criticism Flair gets for wrestling at near 70 years old, but he's still Ric Flair and he's still entertaining and he can still get the job done. The nostalgia would be off the charts.

- Harlem Heat vs The Steiner Brothers vs The Outsiders - Three of the most accomplished tag teams ever. Booker T can still obviously go, Scott Steiner isn't too shabby either. Nash is still decent. I assume Stevie Ray and Rick Steiner are still in shape to wrestle. Hall is the wildcard, but being a triple threat, he wouldn't have to do much. It would be a nice tag team match between three of the best.

- Juventud Guerrera vs Chris Jericho - These two had a memorable feud together, which culminated in Jericho winning Juvi's mask. I bet these two could still tear the house down.

- Dean Malenko vs Rey Mysterio - Two of the pioneers of the Cruiserweight divison. I'm not sure if Malenko can stilll wrestle physically, but I would love to see him in one more match.

- Lance Storm vs Hugh Morrus - Two of the most solid workers in the business and rekindling an old feud between the two.

- Cruiserweight Battle Royal - Bring them all back! Kidman, Super Calo, Cibernetico, Disco Inferno, Alex Wright, Tokyo Magnum, Yang, Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, Jamie Noble, La Parka (who would get the loudest ovation hands down), Silver King, Psychosis, Prime Time Elix Skipper, Syxx-Pac (Sean Waltman), Chavo Guerrero (and Pepe)...all of them. This would easily be the most entertaining match on the card.

- Raven vs Saturn (Raven's Rules) - This two had a nice feud during their tenures and I'm sure they could still bring it today.

Buff Bagwell vs Konnan - Two of the more popular NWO stars (Wolfpac and Black and White) squaring off in one of the sloppiest matches the wrestling world will have ever seen, but they have to be on here right?

They should have a nice montage with the WCW talent that is no longer with us too: Curt Henning, Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit (regardless it's a tragedy), Kanyon, Bam Bam Bigelow, Mike Awesome, Brian Pillman, Randy Savage, Hulk Hog...wait he's not? My mistake.

Also, somewhere in here you HAVE to have Norman Smiley and Ralphus show up. YOU HAVE TO. And also, Mean Gene Okerlund needs to do some interview segments. Also, Lex Luger, Arn Anderson, and Eric Bischoff have to be involved somehow. Whether it just be interviews, interference in matches, whatever. They were integral to WCW and deserve to be recognized.

By the way, I left off guys like Vader, The Giant (Big Show), Dustin Rhodes (Goldust), Barry Windham, Ron Simmons, Steven (William) Regal, Mick Foley, and Sid Vicious. There's still PLENTY of WCW Talent to make this show work in my opinion.

WCW ONE NIGHT STAND 2012.

Nitro Music...Pyro...Nitro Girls

Commentators Tony Schiavone & Jim Ross welcome everybody to the show & talk about tonights advertised matches but state that the nWo has not yet arrived.

Chavo Guerrero Jr. d. Juventud Guerrera

Sid Vicious d. Barry Horowitz (COMPELTE SQUASH)

nWo Paid Annoucment

Mean Gene Okerlund conducts in-ring interview with Ric Flair accompanied by Arn Anderson. MEAN! WOOOOO! BY GOD GENE!

Fit Finlay d. Steve Regal

nWo (Nash, Hall, Syxx, Steiner, Bagwell, Norton) come though crowd & attack Finlay & Regal after their match & then spray paint nWo on their backs. Scott Hall does a survey on if the fans came to WCW or nWo...one more for the good guys!

Rey Mysterio Jr. d. Chris Jericho

A camera backstage shows the nWo reeking havoc including Kevin Nash throwing Rey Mysterio Jr. like a lawn dart into a truck when he arrives backstage after his match.

Vader d. Cactus Jack

Scott Steiner accompanied by Buff Bagwell comes to the ring to cut a promo. Steiner say after he beats Booker T to become the final WCW World Heavyweight Champion he is going to spray paint it with the nWo logo.

Road Warrior Animal & Rick Steiner d. Nasty Boys

Goldberg d. Kevin Nash

After the match The Giant appears wearing an nWo T-Shirt & chokeslams Goldberg. Giant says if Goldberg has any balls he will face him later tonight.

Raven's Rules
Diamond Dallas Page d. Raven

Ricky Steamboat d. Ric Flair w/Arn Anderson

Goldberg d. The Giant.

Michael Buffer is in the ring for the Main Event. "Let's get ready to rumble!"

WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Booker T d. Scott Steiner w/Buff Bagwell

nWo attack Booker T after the match but the WCW locker room makes the save which leads to a huge brawl which WCW eventually get the better of. WCW celebrates in the ring with Booker T paraded on their shoulders.

As for the other cards:

- a tribute to Benoit? SICK.
- I don't believe Malenko is in good enough shape to wrestle which is why he hasn't since 2001 because he is old & had heart attack few years ago.
- I don't like idea of using HHH & Undertaker since they were not big parts of WCW.
- To me using Stunning Steve Austin just seems pointless without Brian Pillman.
- Ryback has nothing to do with WCW.
- Scott Hall cannot wrestle...he has a pacemaker.
- Kane has nothing to do with WCW.
- Cage, Last Man Standing, Ladder, Strap, Iron Man...WAY TO MANY GIMMICKS.
- Sting is under contract to TNA.
- Eric Bischoff is under contract to TNA.
- Brodus Clay has nothing to do with WCW.
- Bobby Heenan after throat cancer cannot even talk now.

- a tribute to Benoit? SICK.
- I don't believe Malenko is in good enough shape to wrestle which is why he hasn't since 2001 becuase he is old & had heart attack few years ago.
- I don't like idea of using HHH & undertaker since they were not big parts of WCW.
- To me using Stunning Steve Austin just seems pointless without Brian Pillman.
- Ryback has nothing to do with WCW.
- Scott Hall cannot wrestle...he has a pacemaker.
- Kane has nothing to do with WCW.
- Cage, Last Man Standing, Ladder, Strap, Iron Man...WAY TO MANY GIMMICKS.
- Sting is under contract to TNA.
- Eric Bischoff is under contract to TNA.
- Brodus Clay has nothing to do with WCW.

You misunderstood me about Benoit...They should recognize that he's gone, but they shouldn't celebrate his life...if that makes sense.

Malenko had a bad neck, I think and had a heart attack.. Ricky Steamboat was actually the one who had a heart attack a few years ago around the time he made his comeback against Jericho at Wrestlemania. I think he'd be out for your card.

I'm aware Scott Hall has a pacemaker. Pacemaker's don't necessarily mean you can't do physical activity and in a "Triple Threat", he could hit a few punches, possibly do an Outsider's Edge and call it a night.

Sting and Bischoff are under contract to TNA, yes, but so was Ric Flair and he attended the Hall of Fame. If TNA could get publicity on it, they'd let them do it. And let's face it, you can't do WCW One Night Stand without Sting. He was the franchise of WCW.

You misunderstood me about Benoit...They should recognize that he's gone, but they shouldn't celebrate his life...if that makes sense.

Malenko had a bad neck, I think and had a heart attack.. Ricky Steamboat was actually the one who had a heart attack a few years ago around the time he made his comeback against Jericho at Wrestlemania. I think he'd be out for your card.

I'm aware Scott Hall has a pacemaker. Pacemaker's don't necessarily mean you can't do physical activity and in a "Triple Threat", he could hit a few punches, possibly do an Outsider's Edge and call it a night.

Sting and Bischoff are under contract to TNA, yes, but so was Ric Flair and he attended the Hall of Fame. If TNA could get publicity on it, they'd let them do it. And let's face it, you can't do WCW One Night Stand without Sting. He was the franchise of WCW.

You are not the guy who im refering to regarding Chris Benoit. The guy who i was refereing to is the guy who made the thread who had a match in which part of the appeal was a Tribute to Chris Benoit. But regardless i disagree 1 million percent that WWE should recognize a child murdering piece of scum like Chris Benoit (nobody will ever know why he did what he did regardless if they claim brain damage etc. the fact still remains he killed his wife & 7 year old son). There is no point in giving controversial recognition to a child murder simply because of his pro wrestling contributions. Recognition should be reserved for likes of Macho Man Randy Savage.

Dean Malenko suffered a heart attack in November 2010.

Ricky Steamboat suffered a brain aneurysm in 2010 not a heart attack.

I agree that Scott Hall get could physical to a certain degree which is why i have him simply particpating in beatdowns & brawls. However there is ZERO chance of Scott Hall wrestling because WWE has a strict wellness policy. WWE would not allow Kevin Nash to wrestle CM Punk last year because he was on blood thinners for his heart due to family history so there is no chance of letting Scott Hall with a pacemaker & all the meds he is on for it & his seizures.

Ric Flair is coming back to WWE very soon & we all know it. TNA would never allow Sting to wrestle for a WWE promoted event even if it was WCW. Sting has more class then Ric Flair & would not breach his contract. TNA was in a no win situation with HOF & Flair this year because Flair more then likely would have went regardless & if they didn't allow him then TNA would be made to look like bad guys. TNA is now suing WWE with Flair being a big part of the equation.

You could easily do a WCW PPV without Sting...because i just did. I wish i could of used Sting, Hogan, Bischoff & Jarrett but i cannot & it isn't realistic.

ECW One Night Stand 2005 did so without Shane Douglas, New Jack & Terry Funk...WCW can without Sting.

I think WWE Should have done A WCW ONS themed PPV in 2003 - 2004 If WWE Did try and do one now it would be a complete waste there's not that many active WCW wrestlers in WWE and a lot of them are in TNA.

Furthermore one of the main players of WCW would never work for Vince and that is Sting do you honestly think Vince would really have a WCW type PPV again the only reason why he did it for ECW is he was helping ECW with MONEY Problems that's the only reason

It would have been cool if they did a WCW ONS type of PPV but the likely hood of that happening is slim to none It will never happen, Let's face it WCW is DEAD the only thing WWE is doing right is with the releases of WCW themed DVD's it's great to see that but with a WCW ONS themed PPV I don't think so.

The idea would work but I'd do it as a 3 hour RAW "Clash Of The Champions" special around Wrestlemania.

A lot of the guys you would ideally want are out of the equation, but I would go with using new stars to fill in some gaps

WCW related Hall Of Fame Announcements

Brian Pillman, Vader, Rick Rude & Booker T

Jericho v Rock (Last 2 WCW champions)

Legends War Games Match
Scott & Rick Steiner, Richie Steamboat (replaces Ricky who gets "taken out" before the match), Cactus Jack, Dustin Rhodes vs Masa Chono, The Great Muta, Dean Ambrose, Vader & Cody Rhodes.

Ultimate Cruiserweight Ladder Match
Mysterio v Chavo Guerrero v Ultimo Dragon v Billy Kidman v Shannon Moore v Alex Wright

Ultimate TV Champion Match
Lord Steven Regal v Booker T

I think this card would be a nice nod to the older fans while using talent many will be familiar with. The HOF announcements would be a good thing too, those 4 guys played massive parts in WCW throughout the years.

soo much could be done its unreal prob not enough for one show but unlike ecw who had everlasting fueds that you could book in emergency, wcw did not have that as much so youd need some build and a little tv time just to set up 3 top matches... also one night stand did feature wwe talent ( 05 had the invaders ) and 06 had the cena van dam classic complete with adam copeland interference

start off true to form with an x div... i mean cruiserweight triple threat with ultimo dragon, jushin thunder liger and jericho .. who cares who wins because we are all winners with a match of this caliber

Mike rotundo vs Rick Steiner .. winner gets all the letterman jackets from the varsity club ... maybe a kevin sullivan run in? dr death steve williams in the crowd, do i hear a dangerous dan spivey chant starting??? steiner over mike with a steiner line

barry windham vs ric flair in a " you never passed me the torch like you were suppose to so not im going to whip your 70 year old ass match " .. windham wins with a float over superplex

hacksaw butch reed vs hacksaw jim duggan for the hacksaw name ... butch reed wins when ron simmons runs in to help reuniting Doom for one night

wasted talent battle royal ... throw whoever you can think of in here, tom zenk, bobby eaton, tracey smothers,brad armstrong, johnny b badd, big josh, bunkhouse buck... i mean i could literally name 100 people to throw in this battle royal lol

booker T vs DDP w/ kim ... new harlem heat cost booker the match when ahmed gives T the pearl river plunge

Paul Roma cuts a promo on how he was the greatest four horsemen member and then every four horsemen member alive past and present comes out and throws him in a trash can ( lex luger gets a huge pop for medical reasons )

Paul Wight talks about how hes a real giant and how taker didnt get over until he had a gimmick thus setting up a Giant vs Mean Mark match ( for those of you who dont know Mark was in Wcw for a little bit and was a very high up mid card on the verge of main event heel status, thank god vince got him though because " mean " marks heart punch was lame )

goldberg shoots on HHH and calls him terra ryzing ( his wcw gimmick lmao ) and says hes never liked Paul or Terra or Hunter or Triple H .. and we get are Main Event ...

all procedes from this show go to Kamala

As someone who grew up preferring the National Wrestling Alliance, which ultimately became World Championship Wrestling, to the World Wrestling Federation, I truly wish a show of this nature was possible. It would be amazing to travel down memory lane one last time, to relive the highlights of what I loved watching as a kid and young adult.

Unfortunately, 90-percent of the most memorable talent from WCW is long since past its prime. The remaining 10-percent, even more unfortunately, were never significant parts of WCW anyway. Even the household names we could recall were probably not significant during their times in WCW.

The reality of booking such a show is that nearly anyone who had true, significant or lasting impact at the height of WCW is now of retirement age. Who wants to watch the "Don't Break a Hip Battle Royale"?! I care about my legends too greatly to want to see anyone denigrate their memory by performing so dramatically below par!

One possibility for such a show is to pack it with second-generation stars whose parents were meaningful in WCW and still-living legends who could play a role in building new stories for stars not affiliated with the original WCW/NWA. To that end, I would book the whole show around Ric Flair announcing the introduction of a group -- a new generation of stars -- to rival The Four Horsemen legacy.

I would pack the show with the children/family of stars like Mike Rotundo/Barry Windham, Ricky Steamboat, Jimmy Snuka, Curt Hennig, Eddie Guerrero, etc. as each played roles in NWA/WCW history. In fact, since most of the current 2nd-generation stars are the children of people who performed in NWA during the '80s, they could all have a spot.

Dustin (Goldust) and Cody Rhodes, Rey Misterio and Chris Jericho would be ideal as headliners. Kevin Nash and The Big Show (The Giant) would also play prominent roles.

As for the actual line-up of matches, I can't say what those would be. However, from the perspective of a casual observer who might recall the NWA/WCW heyday, there would be ample names -- Rhodes, Flair, Snuka, Steamboat, Windham, Hennig, Guerrero -- they recognize. Surely, if paired properly, and with sufficient build-up to draw interest, it would be a success!

First off, there would be a market for a WCW PPV, especially with so many wrestling fans NOT watching these days. The last of the WCW fans who switched to WWE largely quit watching when Flair left. They would come back for a revival PPV.

However, there is no realistic way to do a show today. Simply put, it's almost impossible to find any WCW guys who arent too old, too injured, or both to compete. No way you do a WCW show w/out Flair & Sting. That's like a WWE 80s show w/out Hogan & Piper or an Attitude Era show w/ no Austin or Rock. Flair is 61yrs old and cand wrestle, Sting is under contract to TNA.

Hogan - too old & TNA
Jarrett - TNA
Nash - has missed a lot of match time last 2yrs w/ various injuries, doubt he can wrestle
Scott Hall - enough said
DDP - retired from WWE w/ chronic back trouble
Savage, Pillman, Benoit, Rude, Henning, Road Warrior Hawk - RIP
Steiner - a walking cripple w/ nasty rep for not getting along with co workers. Does anyone even know what happened to Scott's brother Rick ?
Goldberg: may still be in good enough shape to wrestle, if he was interested
Vader - went to Japan and fell off US wrestling map, does he still perform ?
Cruiserweights - other than Misterio none of these guys ever made it in the US past the opening match, most WCW fans saw the cruisers as filler during the 1st hour of Nitro until people we cared about came on.
Jericho & Big Show - active in WWE.

Who else do you have from the main event scene, Steamboat & Austin & Luger are all either too old, too injured, or both. You can probably get a couple unemployed cruiserweights sprinkled around Y2J, Show & maybe Goldberg & Foley. Dont even mention Sid, he was worthless in every WCW Stint he had, even as a Horsemen. Certainly none of The NWA guys could wrestle, they're as old as Flair - Piper, Valentine, Blanchard, Dusty, Race - get the picture ?

Purely for fantasy lets say age, injury and contract tie ups dont exist for most of these guys, then my WCW REUNION PPV would look like this...

Big Man Challenge Match: Nash pins Big Show after Hall appears with the taser, ala Starrcade 98

Tag Team Challenge - Best of 3 Falls Harlem Heat def Steiner Bros

4 Way Dance - Cruiserweight Style: Mysterio def J. Guerrero, Kidman, & D. Malenko

Submission Match: DDP def J. Jarret when Kimberly interferes

Worlds Collide: Vader (representing Japan) def Jericho w/ help from former mgr Harley Race

Steel Cage, No DQ, Last Man Standing to determine the real King of WCW: Flair (w/ Arn Anderson) def Hollywood Hogan (w/ Bischowith special guest ref Sting - Bischoff locks himself & Nash in the cage, knocks out Sting, but Steamboat comes down w/ bolt cutters and Goldberg goes in for the save, warning Nash he'll see him in the main event. Hogan taps out in the melee.

Who's The Boss: Bischoff vs McMahon ends in No Contest when Sting & Brett Hart jump in, Hart locks Sharpshooter on Vince & Sting locks Scorpion on EZ E. Guest ref is Mick Foley

Last Man Standing Battle Royal: all the participants plus Sting, Foley, and Goldberg are in. Goldberg wins, eliminating Nash last getting revenge for ending The Streak.

Add in some tributes for Rude, Savage, & Pillman & Hawk throughout the show.

Also, their should be some mention of Ron Simmons, the firrt African American to be World Champ of a major US Wrestling company. That is a huge accomplishment worth mention. Maybe have Simmons as guest ref for Vader vs Jericho (since he has historw with Vader).

I wouldn't.

To be honest I would almost be offended if the WWE attempted to do this given how amazing WCW was and how shitty the WWE is.

No, never do a one night stand show for WCW.

The reason being, WCW fucked up EVERYTHING they got their hands on, nWo was a diamond and they ended up ruining that, Goldberg, the screwed him over. Bret Hart???

From September 2000-March 2001 was the only period WCW actually got right, Booker T as champ, Steiner, pushing the Natural born thrillers, WCW cruiser tag belts.

To create an authentic WCW experience I would book 10 gimmick matches, and have all of them end in disqualification due to interference from the NWO. Each match would feature a double turn, followed by a severe heel beat down. Intermission would consist of a $200,000 Kiss performance, and the main event would feature Ric Flair vs Hulk Hogan in a "retroactive prenuptial agreement on a pole" match. Finally, to ensure total authenticity, the pay-per-view would only be available in select parts of Montana, to ensure the buyrate was below .10.

Reactions: Lee
Actually it was WWF that was trying to be more like WCW. WCW was more gritty, realistic, edgy and the WWF at the same time was still the good-two-shoes of the wrestling business.

Actually WWE was trying to be like ECW not WCW. WWE jumped over and wayyyy beyond anything WCW did. The way you describes WCW is exactly the way ECW was not WCW. WCW was corporate and they weren't gritty, edgy or realistic. They were allowed to push things only so far.

As far as WCW goes it just can't be done anymore. Most of the guys are just too old or haven't wrestled in so long. Keep bringing out the DVDs but just leave WCW dead.

Former WCW Tag Team Champions, still active or able to go: The Insiders - DDP and Kevin Nash, Perfect Event - Shawn Stasiak and Chuck Palumbo, Brothers of Destruction - Kane and Undertaker, Matt and Jeff Hardy, Dudley Boyz.

Former US Champions still active or able to go: Jeff Jarrett, Raven, Scott Steiner, Lance Storm, Bill De Mott, Shane Douglas, Tajiri, Rhyno, Kurt Angle

Former Cruiserweight Champions still active or able to go: Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragon, Juvi Guerrera, Billy Kidman, Psicosis, Chavo Geurrero jr, Shane Helms, X-Pac, Jamie Noble

Former WCW Champions still active or able to go: Goldberg, Sting, Booker T, The Rock, Chris Jericho

Tag team Match to open the show: The Insiders v Perfect Event v Dudley Boyz

Lance Storm vs Bill De Mott

Jeff Jarrett vs Raven

Tag Team Match: Hardy Boys vs Brothers of Destruction

Hardcore Match Rhyno vs Scott Steiner

Chris Jericho vs Kurt Angle

Cruiserweight Battle Royal for Cruiserweight Championship: Rey Mysterio, Ultimo Dragon, Juvi Guerrera, Billy Kidman, Psicosis, Chavo Geurrero jr, Shane Helms, X-Pac, Jamie Noble

Goldberg vs Big Show

Main Event: Sting vs Booker T w/ Ric Flair as Special Guest Referee

"Hollywood" Hogan vs. Sting vs. Ric Flair

Bill Goldberg vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Kevin Nash & Konnan (nWo Wolfpac) vs. The Giant & Syxx (nWo Hollywood)

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Chris Jericho (Tribute to Eddy Guerrerro)

Harlem Heat vs. The Steiners vs. Faces Of Fear vs. The Nasty Boys (Hardcore Match)

Sid Vicious vs. Hugh Morrus

Raven vs. Cactus Jack vs. Perry Saturn (Ravens Rules)

Fit Finlay vs. Lord Steven Regal vs. Alex Wright vs. Lance Storm

Disco Inferno vs. Buff Bagwell

Glacier & The Jung Dragons vs. Ernest "The Cat" Miller & 3 Count

Billy Kidman vs. Juventud Gurrerra vs. Psicosis vs. Chavo Guerrerro Jr.

Well the obvious answer to the question is I wouldn't book it at all. But assuming I HAD to book the show one thing for sure I would have is a Cruiserweight Battle Royal, with the winner to take on Chris Jericho later in the night. Jericho of course would be the special guest ring announcer for said Battle Royal.

So I guess the card would look something like this...

WCW CLASH OF THE CHAMPIONS, hosted by "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair!

1) Cruiserweight Battle Royal w/Chris Jericho as the Special Guest Ring Announcer. Rey Mysterio wins and will take on Chris Jericho later tonight.

2) DDP def. Kevin Nash

3) Lord Steven Regal def. Fit Finlay

4) Booker T def. Scott Steiner

5) Rey Mysterio def. "Lionheart" Chris Jericho

6) Vader def. Cactus Jack in a No Holds Barred Match

7) Goldberg def. the Giant (that's the Big Show for all you kiddies out there...)

I tried to keep it realistic and didn't use anyone currently on the TNA roster, with the exception of Flair who is leaving . Also I'm certain everyone I've booked would be able to perform well enough to fit their role in the show and do what they need to do. I think it would actually be a decent event, especially if you get all nostalgic about WCW. I contemplated booking Sid Vicious against the Shockmaster, but with a show like this you want to celebrate WCW, not poke fun at it...but I still think that's a hilarious idea.

First of all, as much as enjoyed WCW at the time it wouldn't make much sense to have a WCW one night stand PPV these days.

The thing is when they did ECW one night stand they had ECW originals vs a new breed and that was necessary because why have a tribute to ECW if you aren't going to include wrestlers who are known from that brand?

So if they did a WCW PPV today... who would they have?

Most of the guys who were big in WCW when WCW was big are pretty old (for wrestlers). Ideally guys you would want are:

- Goldberg
- DDP
- Booker T
- Sting
- Kevin Nash
- Hulk Hogan
- Scott Hall
- Steiner
- Bret Hart

Those guys were pretty huge in WCW but most of them, really, just no way they could put on a good match anymore.

You might be able to get Booker T, DDP and Goldberg and then Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho and Billy Kidman for a bit of a Cruiserweight flashback but you're pretty limited there still.

And a good portion of fans of WWE now are children they would not have the same appreciation for a WCW night.

WCW is best left as a memory of the past just like WWECW, Sunday Night Heat, Velocity and Saturday Night's Main Event.

I will try to keep it real and include wrestlers who can actually participate at this moment of time. I am booking a Best of 7 tournament between WCW and WWE for this PPV with the team winning more number of matches to celebrate at the end of the night and claim victory.

Scott Steiner/Rick Steiner vs. Dolph Ziggler/Cody Rhodes- Tables Match for WWE Tag Team Titles

(Steiners are not in form anymore, but still a popular WCW tag team pitted against new comers, Zigger and Rhodes win this one and retain their titles)

Ultimo Warrior vs. Rey Mysterio- 2 out of 3 falls match

(Both look-alikes and similar style fighters from their era, should be fun with Warrior winning at the end)

Syxx vs. Christian vs. The Miz vs. Juvented Guerrera- Ladder Match for IC Title

(Syxx and Guerrera represesting WCW here, anyways The Miz retains in this one)

Daniel Bryan vs. Booker T.- Cage Match

(Booker T. beats Bryan after escaping the cage)

CM Punk vs. Raven- Raven's Rules Match

(Raven openly challenges anyone in his Raven's Rules match, Punk accepts the challenge 1 week ago on television and nails him with a chain. Raven wins the match at the PPV though, Punk makes heavy use of a chain in this match)

Randy Orton vs. Kevin Nash- Falls Count Anywhere Match

(Legend Killer vs Legend match here, simple storyline. Orton beats Nash after throwing him off the stage at the entrance video platform)

John Cena vs. Chris Jericho- No Holds Barred Match for WWE Championship

(It's the final here, I don't remember Jericho ever beating Cena. Jericho finally gets a win over Cena here to win the WWE Championship and beat Cena for the first time with a victory for WCW)

At the end, an angry/frustrated and sad Vince comes out to see his WWE lose and WCW wrestlers celebrating inside the ring. After few weeks another PPV is booked between WWE and WCW where WWE gets their revenge to even the score.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back