How should modern wrestling be treated?

How would you like wrestling to be treated?

• Like a TV show

• Traditional

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss

Night Elf Mohawk
All the wrestlers being pushed lately has got me thinking; do the fans decide what card level a performer is anymore? Take Sheamus for example; he's not over as a heel and despite being a "fresh change to the main event" most fans are clamoring for and beating IWC whipping boy John Cena, hasn't gotten the face pops that normally come with that either. Fans are just cripplingly indifferent to Sheamus. Despite this Sheamus is current champ.

Example number two: Kofi Kingston. Kofi has been pushed well lately and one would naturally assume it's because he's young, charismatic, talented, and somewhat over. I read a report awhile back however, that stated WWE wanted more black wrestlers at the top of card.

What I'm getting at is mainstream wrestling becoming to much of a TV show?

Wrestlers don't appear to be placed on the card anymore based on how over they are with the live crowd, but rather if creative "has something for them" at the moment.

Is this a bad thing?

My opinion is not necessarily. I'm mean the skits and cartoonishness can get old at times, especially when your in the mood for a simple wrestling match, but it's usually not a big deal.

So what do you think? Should wrestling be treated as a TV show where creative has the most influence with whose pushed?

Or should wrestling go to more traditional roots where overness with the live crowd has the most influence over a wrestler's push?

So what do you think? Should wrestling be treated as a TV show where creative has the most influence with whose pushed?

Or should wrestling go to more traditional roots where overness with the live crowd has the most influence over a wrestler's push?

Honestly.... both. Yes, it's a TV Show now, but when you get past all the promos and storylines, it still comes down to reasons for why we end up watching a wrestling match. It's a TV Show AND wrestling. Being over with the crowd is still one of the factors that make or break someone's push even though it is more of a show now than in the old days. If you edit the poll to include "a mix of both" as an option, then I would vote for that because I think wrestling has retained some aspects of its traditional roots even if the focus is on TV and PPV shows now.

ITs a shame its a television show nowadays. Its a sucky television show. They need to go back to the traditional ways of wrestling. Not have it be a wacked out television show. Or a knock off saturday night live or live action soap opera show like Days of Our Lives. Its sad its not a sport anymore, real sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back