How Loud Will His Return Be?

How Big of a Pop Will Daniel Bryan get when he Returns?

• Massive!

• Pretty Good but nothing louder than usual.

• Suprisingly Tame.

• Crickets.

Results are only viewable after voting.

RedRegan1005

Leading A Revolution
So I am looking forward to the eventual Daniel Bryan return. I think if done at the right time it will be one of the biggest pops, and loudest returns we've seen for a full time wrestler in a longtime. So it's a simple poll, how big of a pop do you think Daniel Bryan will get when he finally returns? My money is on a massive reaction filled with a sold out audience doing yes chants. Including me marking out in front of my TV at home.

It will probably be quite massive. Bryan is one of the few current babyfaces that everyone seems to love (apart from a few... how do you people call them... smarks -?-, but no one cares about them)

Massive.

But then again, Batista got a massive pop from the crowd when he returned late last year, so it's all about what the WWE does after that that matters.

I put massive as well. When he returns, it will still be soon enough that fans haven't forgotten about him. If it was drastic and he was out, say, the summer of 2015, I'd give another answer.

But then again, Batista got a massive pop from the crowd when he returned late last year, so it's all about what the WWE does after that that matters.

He never had a chance since Bryan's popularity was at an all-time high. Batista's return couldn't have come at a worse time then right before the Rumble. Winning it didn't help either. The WWE was lucky Punk left. The story of Bryan's WM win wrote itself after that.

As last night's YES chants showed, he is still massively over despite not being part of the show at all(apart from a few mentions in the Bella feud).

I, for one, am not his biggest fan, but even then, I accept his immense popularity and have no doubts he will return to a Massive pop.

When he returns, people will mark out using the Yes chant, after which, Daniel Bryan will have several matches where he unbelievably beats top heels, and his heat will die down, and he'll become another mid level popularity star. If it wasn't for HHH and Stephanie carrying him through his HORRIBLE promos, his mediocre matches full of dangerous spots, and the Yes chant, most people wouldn't know who he was.

When he returns, people will mark out using the Yes chant, after which, Daniel Bryan will have several matches where he unbelievably beats top heels, and his heat will die down, and he'll become another mid level popularity star. If it wasn't for HHH and Stephanie carrying him through his HORRIBLE promos, his mediocre matches full of dangerous spots, and the Yes chant, most people wouldn't know who he was.

Right. It was Triple H and Stephanie that made the Yes chant popular. It was Triple H and Stephanie that got him over when he beat The Miz for the US Title in 2010. It was Triple H and Stephanie that got everyone chanting Yes, No, and Hug It Out when he teamed with Kane. It was Triple H and Kane that made him so popular John Cena went on live TV to handpick Daniel Bryan as his challenger for SummerSlam.

Incase you didn't pick up on what I'm saying, Daniel Bryan made a name for himself. There are a lot, like a lot a lot, of people that knew who Daniel Bryan was before his feud with The Authority. So to imply they are the only reason people know who he is, well that's just plain wrong.

Daniel Bryan will return to a massive pop. We're going to pick up right where we left off and the fans will love Daniel Bryan because he is their guy. He overcame every obstacle in his way, and the fans got behind him in a massive way. His return from injury is just another obstacle the fans are waiting to see.

Did Daniel Bryan touch in you in the bad place or something?

I mean, seriously, this just seems to be a consistent fantasy of yours that Daniel Bryan will one day return and be booed out of the arena.

It depends on if they bring him back correctly or if they try to kill his momentum by having him return in a notoriously quiet town into a mid-card feud. It'll soon be shown in the following weeks that they can't do that as the majority of fans will reject it like they did during the Wyatt heel turn at the beginning of this year but it could cause a bit of a hiccup if he is purposely booked to knock him down the card.

Also laodaron... I pity you.

You guys have to be kidding. I admit that when he was hot, he was hot. But denying that he was so hot because of his feud against the Authority is blatantly ignoring the truth. No one gave a shit about him until Cena picked him out to fight at Summerslam. Then he was artificially pushed to the moon, and HHH and Stephanie did their best work in years to make sure he was worth cheering for. Then, HHH mixed reality with kayfabe, and the IWC smarks ate it up like a sandwich.

Daniel Bryan fits perfectly into ROH, TNA, or Japan style wrestling. He seems pretty talented for that style of wrestling. Dangerous unnecessary spots, fighting while injured, scaring fans, etc. He won't be able to sustain a real push at the top, though. So, his pop on return will be big. Within 6 months, it'll be barely noticeable.

The fact that Daniel Bryan & his Yes chants got the biggest response of the night is a pretty fair indicator that we can expect a pretty massive pop upon his return. Bryan's name was mentioned during the confrontation with Brie & Nikki and the arena pretty much lit up, so it's easy to imagine what sort of response he'd gotten if he'd actually been on the show.

Of course, it's not an absolute given as there are a few factors to consider.

1. The hype of Bryan's return - I find it difficult to believe that Bryan returning to WWE after what will be over half a year's absence won't be heavily hyped on Raw. One little thing I've noticed, as others have I'm sure, is that Bryan's image is shown on the opening "Then. Now. Forever" montage that opens WWE programming. Unless you're someone that's over with management, a major star currently with the company, one of the true, all time legends, has a good relationship with them, is over with fans, has made a lasting impact in WWE or some combination of any or all of the above, your image usually isn't featured. While there's no guarantee that Bryan will be as over as he was, I also can't really think of any reason why he wouldn't be. Nobody's risen up to Bryan's level of popularity and Bryan was put on the shelf so soon after triumph at WrestleMania XXX.

The location of his return - There are simply some cities with hotter, more energetic wrestling fans that can sometimes help put a show, a return, a match or whatever over the top. Chicago is one of those cities as is Orlando, Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Las Vegas and a handful of others. If Bryan makes his return in a city that's known to be especially energetic, the roof may very well be blown off the place. Bryan's gotten huge responses regardless of the city, but it could be insane if he returns in a town known to have very hot crowds.

I assume it will be massive and it will blow the roof off the place. I'm not really a fan of his though, never have been, and don't know why. I think he's a great wrestler, but he just doesn't interest me at all. By all accounts he's also one of the nicest guys around, but yea, again not that interested in him.

I'm one of those types of fans, either I like them or I don't. Most of the time don't have a reason, and if you ask me I would be hard pressed to come come with one. So yea, sure everyone will love seeing him come back, but I'm waiting for Reigns to show up.

The location of his return - There are simply some cities with hotter, more energetic wrestling fans that can sometimes help put a show, a return, a match or whatever over the top. Chicago is one of those cities as is Orlando, Miami, New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Las Vegas and a handful of others. If Bryan makes his return in a city that's known to be especially energetic, the roof may very well be blown off the place. Bryan's gotten huge responses regardless of the city, but it could be insane if he returns in a town known to have very hot crowds.

I don't think he could have even livened up that crowd in Nashville. So hope you're right and it's in a place known for a good crowd.

You guys have to be kidding. I admit that when he was hot, he was hot. But denying that he was so hot because of his feud against the Authority is blatantly ignoring the truth. No one gave a shit about him until Cena picked him out to fight at Summerslam.

Sorry man, I'm usually on board with you but you're the one that's blatantly ignoring the truth. Bryan's popularity as a heel or babyface started after winning the WHC MITB briefcase back in 2011. He got over as a heel after cashing in, he & Kane surprisingly got over as a tag team and once Bryan went back to a singles run, people were even more behind him. When it was announced that Cena could "pick" his own opponent, fans immediately started chanting for Daniel Bryan and doing the "Yes" chant just as they'd been doing for quite a long while. Bryan's popularity picked up steam, but it was clearly there long before he was put into any sort of picture with John Cena or The Authority.

Daniel Bryan fits perfectly into ROH, TNA, or Japan style wrestling. He seems pretty talented for that style of wrestling. Dangerous unnecessary spots, fighting while injured, scaring fans, etc. He won't be able to sustain a real push at the top, though. So, his pop on return will be big. Within 6 months, it'll be barely noticeable.

What sort of dangerous, unnecessary spots? You make it sound like he's dong Swanton Bombs off the top of the Titantron through flaming tables. He does a diving headbutt, a missile dropkick from the top and a suicide dive through the ropes. As for fighting while injured, a lot of guys work through injuries. It's not at all uncommon for wrestlers who have some various injuries to work through them without taking any time off. Cesaro worked with a couple of broken fingers not long after making it to the main roster, John Cena's worked with some slight muscle tears at various points, then there are the various bumps & bruises, the wear & tear if you will, of the road. You wanna be on top, you sometimes have to show that you're tough enough to endure the physical toll it takes. Sometimes, that means putting off taking time off to heal or get surgery. As far as him not being able to sustain a real push at the top, I wouldn't mind an example of how he won't, apart from you just not liking the guy. Based on everything I've seen in regards to Bryan over the past 3+ years, I don't see why he won't be able to sustain a push apart from doing something to garner heat on himself backstage. Whenever he's had an opportunity to deliver, he's made good on it. Whether or not he was someone Vince originally intended to be an upper tier star is pretty much moot at this point because as long as he's over with fans, his segments & matches draw well on TV, he helps sell tickets, ppv buys, network subscriptions and brings in money from merchandise, there's nothing else that can be asked for or expected of him.

I assume it will be massive and it will blow the roof off the place. I'm not really a fan of his though, never have been, and don't know why. I think he's a great wrestler, but he just doesn't interest me at all. By all accounts he's also one of the nicest guys around, but yea, again not that interested in him.

I'm one of those types of fans, either I like them or I don't. Most of the time don't have a reason, and if you ask me I would be hard pressed to come come with one. So yea, sure everyone will love seeing him come back, but I'm waiting for Reigns to show up.

:lol:

Ditto.

I feel much the same way as you do. Whilst I do appreciate DB's overness, and given the current state of the product, especially the Main Event scene, I can't wait for him to return.
I have never quite been able to put him amongst my favs. He just doesn't 'do it for me'.

Roman Reigns on the other hand... I absolutely can't wait for him to get back...

He will receive huge pops, that's for sure. As to who (between Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns) I'd like to see return first, my answer is Daniel Bryan. Daniel Bryan has his own style and personality that feels genuine, and he works well with people.

Remember wm 28, when the Yes chant went into full swing, almost a year and a half before ss13? People gave a shit then. Then he moved on to team hell no, giving us insanely entertaining segments and people actually gave a shit about a tag team? Then, when Cena comes out to select his opponent, everyone is already chanting/giving a shit for him.

After Summerslam ended, Stephanie came out to Bryan's theme... The reaction was huge... Just imagine if the return happens in some even greater fashion...

Daniel Bryan will get a HUGE pop when he returns. He will also be a star for a long time in the WWE.

Those saying his run against HHH and the Authority made him; I think he did well to remain over against such a derogative storyline. AAA+ player!

Noone cares for the midget hardly a huge pop

No-one cares yet the vast majority of comments on this thread state the opposite. I think you need to read the dictionary definition of no-one.

As I have stated earlier, it really does depend on the place but no matter where it is there will be at least a moderate pop at that show and his momentum/popularity will show his longevity over the following weeks and months. I will say though that there isn't really the potential of a complete fan uprising if he doesn't get the same push as before as there are quite a few guys in similar spots currently (Reigns, Ambrose particularly) so I don't think it will be a case where the fans reject the product should Bryan not get pushed immediately to the top.

I think the people thinking he is gonna come back to a massive pop are delusional. By the end of his run chants had died down quite a lot. If he comes back at a super iwc heavy city or mania/night after mania then sure it will be huge. otherwise I don't think it will be anything of the magnitude you are all expecting. I would say if it is a random city in which he comes back he won't even get the pop batista got on his last return.

Noone cares for the midget hardly a huge pop

I'm taking it by your comment and username that you didn't watch the WWE for most of last year, and didn't the the mountain Bryan had to climb. Nor did you watch Mania to see what he went through to win the title, and the crowd reaction too it.

Maybe before you comment on these kind of threads might be an idea for you to actually watch some of what we're talking about here. Now I'm not a Danial Bryan fan so to speak, but at least I realize that the pop he gets is going to be massive and I also know that he has a huge fanbase that is awaiting his return.

I'm taking it by your comment and username that you didn't watch the WWE for most of last year, and didn't the the mountain Bryan had to climb. Nor did you watch Mania to see what he went through to win the title, and the crowd reaction too it.

Maybe before you comment on these kind of threads might be an idea for you to actually watch some of what we're talking about here. Now I'm not a Danial Bryan fan so to speak, but at least I realize that the pop he gets is going to be massive and I also know that he has a huge fanbase that is awaiting his return.

I'm sorry, while what you're saying about wwesux is technically correct, Daniel Bryan had the red carpet rolled out for him starting at Summerslam 2013. That was the point at which he suddenly became the Stone Cold of 2013/2014, fighting the Authority, fighting the Corporate Stooges, and culminating at Wrestlemania 30. I get it that his fans see him as earning it, and I won't argue that. But wrestling is fake. It's all a work. To include Batista winning the Royal Rumble, Orton becoming the WWEWHC, and HHH putting him over clean in the opening match at Wrestlemania. He was chosen to be the face to run the show from Summerslam the Wrestlemania, and he did just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back