How I Would Book The WWE World Heavyweight Championship

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
Yes, the WWE World Heavyweight Championshit, the main championship in WWE and the championship that everyone on the roster has an obsession about getting their hand on. And I, have a booking proposal for it

I'm going to start with RAW, April 6th, 2015

The show starts with Seth Rollins in panic mode in the locker room all because his WWE World Heavyweight Championship is missing. Flipping things over, throwing a tantrum, etc. Then Vince's music hits to a big pop and out he comes out with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on his shoulder.

*welcome back* chants fill the arena

Vince: WELCOME EVERYONE!!!!!!! TO MON-DAY NIGHT RAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! And now, as we move past WrestleMania, we also enter A NEW DAY in WWE.

And for the low low price of $9.99, you all had the pleasure of witnessing three championships change hands. First was the incredible Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship, with the winner of that and NEW Intercontinental Champion, DANIELLLLLLL BRRRRRRRYAN!!!!!!!

*crowd cheers and begins Yesing*

Vince: Yes! Yes! Yes! Daniel Bryan is indeed your Intercontinental Champion. Also, we all got to witness the end of another undefeated streak, and no, this streak was not broken by Brock Lesnar, it was Rusev's streak and it was ended by JJJJJJJJJJJJOHN CENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

*mixed reaction*

Vince: Now, now, quiet down, because you won’t want to miss this. You see, back at WWE Headquarters, there is business that needs to be attended to, and as you all know, the Authority is always best for business, but as the old saying goes, there is always space for improvement, no matter how long you've been in the business, and that also applies to this championship I have on my shoulder right now. First, I am here to address the state of this championship. Last week, there was controversy when Seth Rollins was set to defend against the former champion and now suspended Brock Lesnar. You see, what Seth Rollins did was come out here for the match and as soon as the bell rung, Rollins immediately left the ring and declared that he would NOT be defending his title tonight, and then left, and then you all saw the chaos that ensued with Brock Lesnar soon after. Now some may enjoy what Brock Lesnar did, and a certain somebody made a certain business decision as a result and made sure it benefited Seth Rollins. Well, I call it instigation, and instigation in WWE will not be today, not tomorrow, not next week, has never been, and will never be tolerated. As a result of that, I HEREBY STRIP SETH ROLLINS OF THE WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

*loud cheers and some loud boos*

Vince: QUIET DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vince: I am not finished speaking yet. Earlier I mentioned that today is the start of a new day in WWE, and that means IT IS TIME TO CLEAN UP THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!! So with that being said, tonight will be the last night that The Authority will have the day to day operations of Raw and Smackdown under control. We have appointed a team of new general managers for both Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smackdown. The new Raw and SmackDown GMs will be making their identity known later on tonight and also this Thursday night on SmackDown, so now, of course, things are still in control for tonight. As far as this championship goes, yes, there will be a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion crowned soon. And the new GMs have already arranged for there to be a 16 Man Tournament, and no, this tournament will not include Seth Rollins, starting tonight and with the finals being at our next pay per view, Extreme Rules, available exclusively on the WWE Network and only for the low price of...............

Vince and the crowd all in unison: $9.99!

Vince: Thank you everybody once again and enjoy the new WWE!!!!!!!!

*Vince's music plays as he exits*

Can't say I'm all that crazy about it to be perfectly honest. Just my opinion, not knocking the OP for his or anything.

For me, the biggest problem with this scenario is that it pretty much pisses in the face of the MITB concept. One big reason why the winner of the MITB match is usually a heel, or a tweener, is because it gives said wrestler the opportunity to generate some heat while simultaneously screwing over a deserving champion out of the title. To strip the title from the heel champion because he's a slimy weasel just doesn't jibe with the history of the concept. In a time when WWE is getting criticized left & right over Vince's schizophrenic decisions resulting in inconsistent booking, this would ultimately be one more thing to complain about especially when Vince himself has been behind the "instigation" of so many screwjob storylines & angles in the past. On top of that, it gives the impression of Vince holding Seth Rollins responsible for what Lesnar did and that's just more bogus storytelling. Lesnar isn't the first guy to be screwed out of the title by MITB and he won't be the last, so punishing Rollins by declaring that he "instigated" something just doesn't really hold water. After all, NOBODY expected Lesnar to go ape shit on Michael Cole, the rest of the announce team and the poor camera guy. Rollins didn't instigate anything, he just got the hell outta Dodge while Lesnar took it upon himself to decimate the ringside area and anyone he could get his hands on.

Ultimately, when you dig a little beneath the surface, this idea strikes me as being more about ousting The Authority from power and being able to hold a tournament just for the sake of holding it more than anything else. Personally, the only real problem I have with The Authority is that they're out on Raw seemingly every week making some long winded 20 minute promo. If they weren't doing that each week and generally cut the promo time in half, it'd feel fresher to me. While not as much of an issue, at least not for me, I'd rather Trips & Steph be more openly hostile rather than acting all magnanimous and benevolent.

Nope...

The Brock thing is not about the title, it's a convenient way to explain why he's not back until Summerslam or even later. Brock is hotter offscreen than on it right now cos it lets Heyman switch allegiances.

We don't need a tournament at the moment. All the titles are being held by workhorses. There is little that a King Of The Ring would give anyone that MITB won't right now. The only way a tourney does work is if it IS KOTR that begins right after Extreme Rules and is used to seperate all the guys with rematches/title shots stored up but what is going to work for Rollins to get him over here is the sheer number of fronts he has to worry about, so his "heel/coward" act will work, unlike when they did it with Jericho or Edge.

Rollins has to worry about Reigns, Orton, Bryan (double risk as IC champ is #1 contender) and maybe Taker and Sting as well who want title shots...So he has to get a bigger "entourage" bringing guys like BNB and Sheamus into the fold...but of course THEY could also be a threat say if BNB wins MITB...and just when he's navigated it all...and perhaps it's revealed Heyman has been the guy to help him do so... THAT'S when Brock comes back...

This way you get months of defences, feuds and matches.. Orton first for a month or two, if Bryan is IC champ for Night Of Champions that's a perfect match... title for title... THEN you can have your tournament if you want one. By the time Survivor Series rolls around and Seth feels he's survived, Brock will be chomping at the bit...

Personally I have grown very tired of the Money in the Bank concept. However I do realize it's popularity among the masses. As Jack - Hammer stated, this craps all over the concept. I'm also not in favor of just ripping the title away from Rollins. His character as a classic heel is very refreshing and should be amazing to watch as he continues to develop.

i HATE the idea....for 1) that's not a good reason to strip him of the title and 2) why wouldn't he get his re-match?? i like the idea of having 2 shows again with the IC title on one show (i would have it on smackdown) and the US title on RAW and having the WWE title on RAW and the World title on Smackdown, BUT they won't do that. with that said...firstly, i like Rollins as WWE champion. he can wrestle and speak, 2 things that not every WWE superstar can do. he should be WWE champion for a while and while i'm a HUGE fan of two shows and 2 world champions and 2 mid card champions..it also won't happen.

Yes, the WWE World Heavyweight Championshit, the main championship in WWE and the championship that everyone on the roster has an obsession about getting their hand on. And I, have a booking proposal for it

I'm going to start with RAW, April 6th, 2015

The show starts with Seth Rollins in panic mode in the locker room all because his WWE World Heavyweight Championship is missing. Flipping things over, throwing a tantrum, etc. Then Vince's music hits to a big pop and out he comes out with the WWE World Heavyweight Championship on his shoulder.

*welcome back* chants fill the arena

Vince: WELCOME EVERYONE!!!!!!! TO MON-DAY NIGHT RAWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! And now, as we move past WrestleMania, we also enter A NEW DAY in WWE.

And for the low low price of $9.99, you all had the pleasure of witnessing three championships change hands. First was the incredible Ladder Match for the Intercontinental Championship, with the winner of that and NEW Intercontinental Champion, DANIELLLLLLL BRRRRRRRYAN!!!!!!!

*crowd cheers and begins Yesing*

Vince: Yes! Yes! Yes! Daniel Bryan is indeed your Intercontinental Champion. Also, we all got to witness the end of another undefeated streak, and no, this streak was not broken by Brock Lesnar, it was Rusev's streak and it was ended by JJJJJJJJJJJJOHN CENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

*mixed reaction*

Vince: Now, now, quiet down, because you won’t want to miss this. You see, back at WWE Headquarters, there is business that needs to be attended to, and as you all know, the Authority is always best for business, but as the old saying goes, there is always space for improvement, no matter how long you've been in the business, and that also applies to this championship I have on my shoulder right now. First, I am here to address the state of this championship. Last week, there was controversy when Seth Rollins was set to defend against the former champion and now suspended Brock Lesnar. You see, what Seth Rollins did was come out here for the match and as soon as the bell rung, Rollins immediately left the ring and declared that he would NOT be defending his title tonight, and then left, and then you all saw the chaos that ensued with Brock Lesnar soon after. Now some may enjoy what Brock Lesnar did, and a certain somebody made a certain business decision as a result and made sure it benefited Seth Rollins. Well, I call it instigation, and instigation in WWE will not be today, not tomorrow, not next week, has never been, and will never be tolerated. As a result of that, I HEREBY STRIP SETH ROLLINS OF THE WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!

*loud cheers and some loud boos*

Vince: QUIET DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vince: I am not finished speaking yet. Earlier I mentioned that today is the start of a new day in WWE, and that means IT IS TIME TO CLEAN UP THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!! So with that being said, tonight will be the last night that The Authority will have the day to day operations of Raw and Smackdown under control. We have appointed a team of new general managers for both Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smackdown. The new Raw and SmackDown GMs will be making their identity known later on tonight and also this Thursday night on SmackDown, so now, of course, things are still in control for tonight. As far as this championship goes, yes, there will be a new WWE World Heavyweight Champion crowned soon. And the new GMs have already arranged for there to be a 16 Man Tournament, and no, this tournament will not include Seth Rollins, starting tonight and with the finals being at our next pay per view, Extreme Rules, available exclusively on the WWE Network and only for the low price of...............

Vince and the crowd all in unison: $9.99!

Vince: Thank you everybody once again and enjoy the new WWE!!!!!!!!

*Vince's music plays as he exits*

No more RAW and Smackdown GMs. That wouldn't be fair to strip Seth. I could see if Seth had to be stripped because of injury. The tournament would hurt the prestige of the title. It's not like WWE has 16 legit guys who could be world champion.

No more RAW and Smackdown GMs. That wouldn't be fair to strip Seth. I could see if Seth had to be stripped because of injury. The tournament would hurt the prestige of the title. It's not like WWE has 16 legit guys who could be world champion.

a) you don't need 16 legit guys who could be World Champion because you will automatically lose 8 of them after the first round.

b) more than enough names below to fill 16 spaces for a tournament. Main Eventer's, former champions, future HOF'ers and a wild card.

c) I would have a number one contenders tournament and the chance to face Rollins at Summerslam. I wouldn't include Brock Lesnar as he has a rematch anyway.

Round 1

Bray Wyatt vs Mark Henry
Wyatt going up against a bad ass heel and Authority member which turns him into a tweener for the evening. He goes over. Crowd very happy.

Daniel Bryan vs Cesaro
ICW's wet dream here. Bryan wins after a 15 minute classic of pure wrestling.

Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger
Two former champions and former tag team partners. Ziggler wins.

John Cena vs Big Show
Big Show scores the win (with help from The Authority of course) to put the favourite out in the 1st round.

Randy Orton vs Kane
Kane scores the win with help from the Authority and another favourite is out due to The Authority.

Sheamus vs Fin Balor
Fin Balor is the NXT wildcard. He scores the upset win against his fellow countryman.

Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose
Two friends go head to head. Reigns goes over.

Rusev vs Ryback
Two big guys go at it. a strong match up for TV. Rusev goes over looking strong.

Round 2

Daniel Bryan vs Big Show
Big Show goes over another fan favourite and knocks out another favourite. More heat for the Authority and Big Show looking very strong.

Kane vs Dolph Ziggler
Kane beats Ziggler drawing big heat for The Authority.

Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt
Wyatt again plays the tweener as WWE's golden boy and IWC villain is beaten. The referee stops this match due to an injurt sustained from a major spot and declares Reigns unable to compete. Reigns stays looking strong and Wyatt gains momentum as a crowd pleaser.

Rusev vs Fin Balor
Rusev decimates Balor but Balor wins by DQ and the underdog progresses.

Semi Final

Big Show vs Fin Balor
Balor still hurting from the injuries sustained in the match with Rusev is the massive underdog here and has the whole crowd behind him. Big Show scores the easy win though, looking strong again and drawing huge heat.

Bray Wyatt vs Kane
An appearence from Randy Orton distracts Kane and revenge for Orton's 1st round defeat gives Wyatt the victory.

FINAL

Bray Wyatt vs Big Show

Kane, Triple H, Mark Henry all try to interfear and cost Wyatt the match but Rowan and Harper make the save and Wyatt scores the win. The Wyatt family are reunited, the crowd are white hot for them and Wyatt begins his fued with the Authority/Rollins in his quest for the Title.

For what it is worth I don't think we need a tournament but if WWE decided to go down this route that is how I would book it.

Another reason I booked Rollins' title strip is because he was clearly scheduled to defend his title, and he failed to comply with that. And that's exactly the tournament I was thinking of, and with Bray ending up as champion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back