How does minus one equal complete split?

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
Yeah I'm talking about the Corre... again.

I'm tired of hearing people say "The Corre is pretty much split up" and to be honest I find that to be bullshit. If anything, this is just Vince wanting to push Ezekiel as a face... AS HE'S DONE SINCE ZEKE WENT TO RAW!

How does Zeke getting kicked out of the Corre mean that they're on the verge of splitting? The Corporation and McMahon-Helmsley regime (a big part of the loved Attitude Era) kicked people out all the time and stayed strong for years. nWo was the backbone of WCW for like ever and they even kicked people in or out of the group. It's nothing new to keep a stable going after kicking one person out.

If anything, as Michael Cole has said on Smackdown, the Corre has never looked stronger to me. Sure they've lost the muscle, but even still, The Corre is a team built on "great manipulation" and "defying odds" while maintaining their heat, which they do. Barrett, Slater, and Gabriel are all former Nexus and the latter two left Nexus after Barrett left Nexus. I think that the Corre is really great right now and soon they'll have the IC and Tag Belts at once again.

I don't know, maybe it's me for being "different" but the fact that one man is out of a group of what was once four doesn't mean that the group is splitting. Evolution didn't immediately split after Orton left.

I personally think Zeke leaving The Corre is to accommodate them adding Skip Sheffield to the group. He would fit roughly in the same role as the one that Zeke was in and he was an original member of Nexus, just like the other 3 members. That's just my 2 cents though

I completely agree here. Zeke leaving doesn't mean that The Corre is splitting up completely because they could just be preparing for Skip joining the group in his place. Zeke might not originally have been planned to be in the group, as the rest were original Nexus members and Skip's similar to Zeke in their styles. Zeke may be being pushed as a face now but I hope The Corre does not split up so randomly after a run that's still too short and unmemorable to end yet.

What did the Corre claim before anything else? That every man would be equal and that they would be united. Barrett was trying to avoid the same thing that had him pushed out of Nexus, and it was definitely a smart idea. So what do they do when Ezekiel Jackson claims that he is the best one in the group before eventually stopping associating with the faction? They cut him. Bye bye Big Zeke! Why is this so hard to understand for so many people? I don't feel like it is much more than a little common sense, and I like to believe that people at least have that. What bad things are they getting out of this? They've now got a much more ironed out relationship, a team that will work drastically better and an empty spot that can be easily filled? It really doesn't sound too bad to me. I feel at this point, people so strongly believe that one member splitting means the whole team going, but it is not like that. Has it happened before? Yes. But they still won't take the whole faction down until they've exhausted every option in their arsenal, and predicting a breakup is severely premature. And that's that, being the result of impatience more than anything else.

The reason that people are saying that the Corre are going to split up now that Big Zeke is gone is because WWE was starting to show a little bit of a strain between Barrett and the team of Gabriel and Slater, as well as strain between Gabriel and Slater themselves. Of course, this being WWE, and creative decisions are easily forgotten, they have pretty much pretended that those strains had never happened.

Now, the average memory of a casual wrestling fan is only a few months, so that strain is still fresh in many people's minds. That's why there is still talk about the Corre possibly splitting.

Hopefully it doesn't happen and they start to book the faction correctly, otherwise, there will be no point to keeping the other three together and possibly have the Cornfed Meathead join back up when the issues with this ankle/leg are behind him.

I think the reason why everyone is saying that The Corre is splitting up is because the WWE is making the tag team division look unimportant, it's just another match to fill a spot. They have to make the division look strong before The Corre will look like a dominant faction. Look at Evolution, at that time the tag team division actually meant something which made the faction look dominating. The had the Tag Team Championship, the IC championship and the WHC with them. Evolution was the last stable that actually meant something. When The Hart Dynasty showed up, I thought the WWE were bringing back Tag Teams as more than just a spot filler. Then the USOS showed and that gave me more hope and then BAM! It goes away just as fast. They have to make the Tag Team division mean something before The Corre can be as dominant as Evolution and the NWO. Just my 2c

In reality this is really strange to me. I can see pushing Big Zeke and Wade, but really the other two have done nothing for me in months. Justin has a high flying finisher that catches the crowd. It works for him, but Heath really hasn't done anything for me since the first season of nxt. I enjoyed the group as a whole, but in the end if Wade leaves the two tag alongs behind they are screwed. They needed to be built stronger than what they were. Other than that they will be lost in the tag scene before they are left go.

Wade has somewhat of a bright future ahead of him. Even stronger now that he didn't capture the world title. We know he can be a main eventer, and hopefully he grabs on to that in the future. But I'm glad he is being re built before they run him up to the main event.

Whenever you have a faction and one member leaves it's the start of a split.

it happened with Evolution. Randy got kicked out, Batista left and in the process becoming World champion, then Flair got injured thus ending the faction.

that's really the only example I've got but mark my words if not this Friday then in the Next couple of weeks Slater & Gabriel will also tell Barrett to shove it thus ending what may be the most useless faction in recent WWE history.

it happens with every faction now a days. They put people together so some if not all of them can get a rub and then they split and do their own thing.

I think Zeke leaving was just a sign that things are starting to fall apart. Tensions have been running high in The Corre for months now, and we're starting to see some real results.

I think one of the reasons people talk about The Corre as if they already broken up is because they want The Corre to break up. The Corre has been bland since Wrestlemania, and everyone is prepared for Wade Barrett to go out on his own and see if Gabriel has what it takes to make it on his own. I think we're all prepared for Slater to just disappear.

We've been teasing a Corre breakup for awhile. Before Zeke broke off from the group many believed Gabriel was going to be the one to start the downfall of The Corre. Remember Gabriel and Barrett had their spats? All of sudden all was good again in the world of The Corre and then they chucked Zeke aside. It has pretty much been said already, but once one member is gone the group will slowly diminish. And that is how I look at things for The Corre. We all know the tension is there between the remaining three members, it is just a matter of when it comes out to completely tear the group apart.

It doesn't mean that their done NOW, but it means that The Corre is slowly starting to disintegrate. Without Jackson, someone else must be leaving after him. This is probably the end for The Corre. It has been said time and time again in this thread, but once the group loses one member, it's the end of the line.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gabriel and Slater decided to split off some time soon. They've been teasing tensions boiling over for some time now, so I'm expecting The Corre to die any week now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back