How do you like wwes announce teams

Disturbed

Championship Contender
I think the announce teams they have now are terrible its the worst they have ever had.lawler used to be mmy favorite but now he messes up all the time and acts like he dont care about anything.michael cole i used to like him a little bit until they ruined him with the vintage thing.matt striker is a smart ellic and dont even talk about the match half the time i mean does he even know anything about pro wrestling i rlly cant telll.todd grisham he wasnt too bad with jim ross but with matt striker he is also terrible.josh mathews hes just a nerd.they need to bring back jim ross and put him with lawler on raw and maybey lawler will be more focused with a legendary announcer.speaking of legendary why dont they scrape striker and grisham and replace them with wwe legends who are working behind the scenes.Like dusty rhodes he has annunced many great matches.u could maybey even have 3 announcers on smackdown all being retired wrestlers.arn anderson i dont think he has ever tried announcing but how bad could he do. hes been in the business long enough to know what to do.and how about jj dillon ure hes not no spring chicken but dont he have a legends contract?and wat about mean gene he would do a great job theres so many choices but does wwe even care about there announce teams wat are ur thoughts?

Sure the announcers mess up every now and then, and sometimes they're just plain boring, but I cannot say that I don't like them.

Taking into consideration about the screw ups they do every now and then, the facts that make errors on, and the general lack of entertainment, sometimes there's some golden moments, Matt Striker has some entertaining ones from time to time, and Jerry Lawler does as well, and that makes me like them just a little bit at least.

I do enjoy to sit and hear them talk every now and then, sometimes I find a wrestling match to be a little bit boring if there's no announcing, but that's only sometimes, you know, a match that is generally just there for the sake of filling the show.

So yes I "like" the announce team.

I dont like the guy but i have to admitt matt striker does have his funny comments from time to time that i do enjoy but he plays a heel but he changes his mind too much. he roots for one guy one minute and the nxt minute he talks bad about them

The problem is the announcers are just plain bored with the matches. I highly doubt Lawler is still there because he likes the product. He, like Cole are just doing it for the money. Cole even said he doesn't even like wrestling, he treats it as "just a job". Therefore, with bad story lines and C- wrestling the announcers have little emotion invested in the matches. I'm sure they miss the old days just as much as everyone around here does.

How do you know they are just doing it for the Money? If thats the case King could have Retired years ago and somehow I doubt Micheal Cole doesn't like Wrestling,he probably wouldn't have gotten into it if he didn't like it. I think the Announcing is fine overall and I do like the Todd Grisham/Matt Striker combo on Smackdown. They seem to compliment each other to me anyway.

Cole and Tazz and Cole and JBL actually worked but that's because both Tazz and JBL know the business since they're both retired wrestlers and carried the announce team. Lawler still has his funny moments but not as good as he used to be when he was on the team with J.R. or even Coach or Styles. Styles was a great announcer, he knew his stuff. Striker I enjoy, Grisham can be off at times but he does well with his role, I kinda liked the stuff with J.R. better but the combo of a tweener sided Striker with Grisham is good for me. Matthews is fairly decent, liked his work with Striker back on WWE's ECW. JBL and Styles need to be brought back. I hope that once Jericho and Miz retire which obviously for the latter is still years away that they become apart of an announce team. Those two are gold on the mic. As it stands though I'm just willing to go with it and accept the announce teams for what they are. Well the King/Cole combo, but King himself said although he missed J.R. he did find working with Cole easier in terms of going over the plans for the show beforehand and such. Not a case of programming in my view Lawler's just toned down and not been a heel announcer for about 5 years

I think JBL made a great heel anouncer, although I dont know what his current situation with WWE is, I think now that he's retired he could be a great anouncer, although as more of a color-commentator.

I also agree that Dusty Rhodes could be a good anouncer, Hasn't he done it on FCW? Having him as one could even help towards storylines if they had him commentate on his sons matches.

I agree with the sentiments that Styles should be brought back to tv, but I'm not sure Vince would ever allow it. Plus I think Styles is perfectly content with his job right now. He probably gets paid close to the same amount and does less work.

The King is okay, not great, but isn't as bad as people make him out to be. It's clearly evident that JR carried the both of them. Honestly, I think Lawler works better as the heel announcer like he did with JR during the attitude era. He's just too boring as a face.

Cole is another Coachman. Boring and even more boring as a heel.

The only competent announcer in WWE is Striker. He's the brainy smurf of the WWE and an asshole. Announcing needs personality, he has it in spades.

Lawler just isn't what he used to be

Cole with him you can see he's just reciting his lines from the book of D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F No passion at all and he interrupts people too much.

I mention these three because together you have a hell of an announce team. They can't stand each other and it makes for a bunch of great one liners and cheap shots. This is classic announcing. All the best pairs are talents that either seemed or genuinely didn't care for one another.

The rest aren't worth critiquing. The WWE announcing is way overproduced. They say the same exact crap each and every time a particular wrestler is in the ring. It would seem that the announcers are bored actually but I'm thinking it's more a 'I got 10 ppl in my ear piece telling me what to do' kinda thing. Combine that with their bland generic personalities and lack of passion and we get what passes for WWE announcing today.

I miss the old days of King and JR, but right now I really don't care any of them but Striker and the king. Striker makes me chuckel once and a while and has a personality while King is grandfathered in for all his prevouis years (I still love the "Pupppies" days). Cole is terrable i agree with Daniel Brian he is a poor mans replacment for JR. When I hear Cole say "Vintage" 20 times in a night I want to strangle him with a pink tie!

plus who knows how much these guys are fed lines compared to the past. they are probably so afraid of saying the wrong thing, that they repeat the same things because it won't get them in hot water.

wasn't one of the big reasons foley left was because he got tired of getting ripped in his headphones?

I did read JR is starting his New Job starting with the F4W PPV helping the Announcers with the Matches and such. So while I don't think the Announcing is as bad as some make it to be I think JR will help them out even more a great deal.

I miss king back when he used to call the matches with vince, he was funny as hell as a heel announcer and it was a lot more entertaining. stryker is kinda like that now.

bobby the brain was the best though, i remember a wcw event where mid sentence the camera pans past and ugly fat chick and he just yells "OH MY LORD" haha i'll never forget that.

I actually like Matt Striker, and he's probably my favorite of the announcers right now. He knows a lot about the business, and that comes through in his calls. He's not annoying like Michael Cole, and knows when to talk and when to shut up and let us enjoy the action. Striker calls the plays and tells us what's going on, sighting numerous holds and maneuvers and tells us the history behind matches, arenas, feuds, etc. He's pretty great, and it annoys the hell out of me that Lawler and Cole don't like him.

Lawler is a legend, and I can really respect what he brings to the table, but lately he just seems apathetic and annoyed all the time. He was at his best with good ole' J.R. by his side, and I don't think him and Cole make a good team at all.

Michael Cole...god I hate that man. Daniel Bryan quickly became my favorite NXT star when he said that Cole didn't deserve to replace J.R. The fact that somebody actually stood up to Cole and attacked him (even if it is kayfab) is AWESOME. If I ever saw the man in real life i would probably attempt to Rock Bottom him through the nearest structure. Not only do I consider him to be a giant tool, he's a terrible announcer. He refuses to treat the fans like the know anything, and he pushes the faces on us every single match. He will beat you over the head with the fact that John Cena is the face in the match until you start cheering for him. He'll constantly be telling you what is going on, what happened earlier, what could happen, and what he thinks should happen. I just want to watch the match and have good announcing, and he makes me want to throw my television out the window. I don't just want J.R. to come back and send Cole back to Smackdown, I want Cole to fall in a pit of lions... Jonathan Coachman, Paul Heyman, Vince McMahon...just a few names in the great list of people who are better than Michael Cole.

The reason you think Lawler messes up a lot nowadays is because Jim Ross carries anyone he commentates with. He actually sounds believeable and puts his all into commentating, along with the fact that he's just more talented than the rest. Matt Striker is alright also, but he's tough to figure out. One minute he loves the heels, the next he hates them. Todd Grishim should stick to backstage stuff, and Michael Cole, well... he's Michael Cole.

I dont mind the announcing. They do a pretty good job. Cole and Lawler get the job done on RAW. Nothing spectacular, but its good enough. Grisham and Striker are a little better on Smackdown. Grisham does his job, but Striker can get annoying at times. Its like he talks in cliches and I want to kick him every time he says "wearing the wounds of war".

The best announcing crew is the pairing of Cole and Mathews. Cole as the heel commentator is great and he has great chemistry with Mathews. They are so entertaining. I didnt expect much at first. Like I said before, I'm not a coleminer and I didnt think Mathews could do much at the desk. But they have exceeded expectations and became my favorite pairing.

I kinda like the new announcers, but they're nowhere near as good as Michael Cole/Tazz - Jerry Lawler/Jim Ross. Sometimes on Smackdown, Matt Striker can be abit annoying, just because he rambles on about being a teacher and being "best friends" with all the wrestlers when all I've seen from him is Chris Jericho shouting at him at ringside, Matt standing up and clapping him then talking about Vickie Guerrero in a "sexual" manner. When she isn't attractive at all. :p I like the PPV announce table though. It's a great combination of King, because he's a great announcer; Cole, because he's also been there a long time and everybody recognizes his voice and; Striker, he can be funny, but he can be funny because he's an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back