Houston Region, Third Round: Metal Object on a Pole: (2) The Rock vs. (7) Harley Race

Who Wins This Match

• The Rock

• Harley Race

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
The following contest is a third round match in the Houston Region.

This match takes place in the Astrodome in Houston, Texas.

astrodome.jpg

It is a Metal Object on a Pole match.

Rules: In this contest, the match is won by pinfall or submission. However, there will be a pole in one corner of the ring with a metal object on top of it. Before a pin or submission can occur, that object MUST be pulled down. It can be used as a weapon, but other weapons are considered illegal.

#2 The Rock

28452_the-rock_l.jpg

Vs.

#7 Harley Race

harleyrace%283%29.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 30 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting will open in 48 hours and will be open for five days and all posts must be non-spam. You may use the 48 hours to present your cases as to why either competitor should/should not win.​

I'm coming into this leaning towards The Rock. Race is tougher, and I imagine would be able to take a lot of what Rock had to give, but I just have a sneaking feeling that Rock's usual ability to pull gimmick match wins out of the bag against all comers. That being said, I do think that Race probably has more of the raw assets you'd expect to be useful for the win. I could be convinced either way, to be honest.

Tough pick, but I am going for The Rock.

Race is incredibly tough, but how many times have we seen The Rock come back from the dead to win a match? He has the gimmick match experience also, always seeming to have something left in the tank to win or the ability to pull something out of the hat. For example, he beat both Dudleyz in a table match, and has won ladder matches, cage matches, street fights, falls count anywhere matches...almost anything put in his way.

In a normal match I would say Rock would beat Race. He has beaten Hogan, Triple H, Undertaker, every big star put in his way over his career. Race would certainly test Rocky, and if he got the weapon first then he would have a big shot at winning....but I think the speed, agility and explosiveness of The Rock would give him the upper hand.

Rock Bottom for the win. He would not go for the Peoples Elbow, Race wouldn't stay down long enough for that.

I think I am gonna give the edge to Harley Race.

The way I look at it is its a really close match because they are so different. However I think Race could keep the Rock down long enough to warrant getting the weapon and going to town on the rock. I'm sure Race has a much better experience of playing dirty than the rock does, but its such a close match.

Whatever The Rock could come up with to win this match... Race would be 2-3 steps ahead of him. I'm all about the People's Champion and how entertaining he is. I also know he's a very underrated in-ring technician. But he's going against one of the greats of all time and with a metal object available to use? I can go with Race on this and not feel one bit bad about it.

Do yourselves a favor and watch some of Race's matches... and you'll see why this isn't that farfetched to have Race go over The Rock here.

Vote Race.

Why do i have the feeling that since The Rock FINALLY came back to RaW & there our millions of idiots that think he is stayin will lead him to the WRESTLEZONE championship.
I sure hope not!

I went with the Rock in this match. Harley Race was a terrific competitor back in the day, but in a match of this nature, I have to give the edge to Dwayne. He is stronger, he is more agile, and he is more resilient and versatile. The toughness of Race will simply not be enough in the end to match up favorably with a man of the Rock's magnitude.

The Rock continues to electrify us for at least one more round.

I don't understand the overwhelming lead that the Rock has on Race here. Harley has been in tons of bloodbaths using various weapons in the matches. He's been brutalized by opponents and covered in crimson masks while still coming out with the "W". Although the Rock had his share as well, Race's wrestling knowledge puts him miles ahead of the Rock in every way.

I love the Rock, don't get me wrong, but voting for him based sheerly on popularity is absurd. Race is superior in this match. Not by much, but superior nonetheless.

D-Man, The Rock is benefitting from recency error. He's back on TV, it's a big deal, his mic work is overshadowing the rest of the WWE roster, and some how, that's translating into his abbreviated career overshadowing one of the greatest workers of all time in Harley Race. Rocky is a mega-athlete and was a tremendous pro in one of the greatest eras in wrestling, but Race was a mainstay in a worker's world of wrestling. But he won't get love, because he isn't currently on Raw shit-talking John Cena.

D-Man, The Rock is benefitting from recency error. He's back on TV, it's a big deal, his mic work is overshadowing the rest of the WWE roster, and some how, that's translating into his abbreviated career overshadowing one of the greatest workers of all time in Harley Race. Rocky is a mega-athlete and was a tremendous pro in one of the greatest eras in wrestling, but Race was a mainstay in a worker's world of wrestling. But he won't get love, because he isn't currently on Raw shit-talking John Cena.

Right you are sir. I'm sure a lot (not all) of the votes for Rock are due to popularity and nothing more. If people would think about the Rock's big matches in his prime they would realize he lost more often than he won. That doesn't seem right does it? But it is right. We know Austin beat Rock every time except the last time when Austin was broke down and retiring. Triple H and Rock traded wins, but HHH is the one who came out on top more often. Rock's lost feuds against Undertaker, Lesnar, and even Jericho. At best he's .500 against Foley. There's no denying his popularity but when the final bell rang Rock was left looking up at the lights more times than not when facing a big name.

I don't even believe his recent return to TV matters here. His popularity will always overrule REALITY. The reality being the fact that even on his best day, he couldn't defeat a Harley Race in his prime. Funny promos and heritage is not everything in this business. Harley Race was one of the toughest and skilled SOB's to ever play this game. Although Rockie will always be one of the most beloved wrestlers of all time, a Harley Race he is not. Shit, even HE'D admit that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back