• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Honkey Tonk Man Rips Hogan in Blog

Jason Scene

Classically Charismatic
Yesterday on Facebook, Honky Tonk Man went on a tirade about Hulk Hogan, which I thought shows the two-faced prick that Hogan really is. Honky Tonk Man really has no problem sharing his opinions.

"You guys keep asking what's the issue with Hogan. Here's the deal. Hogan is in a back brace and without it he is on a walker as an old crippled dogshit of a man who could only be found with his feet in Lard Ass Bubba's ass. You ask why HTM doesn't like Hogan?

Jeff Jarrett approached HTM for a TNA merchandise deal in 2010 and "sent" a contract. Contract never came. HTM signs with WWE & Mattel. The same time, Hogan and Bischoff join TNA and Bischoff publicly insults HTM. HTM is called up for the "Hogan & Friends Tour", went to the show and had a great event with the boys and the fans. HTM and Jimmy Hart spend hours setting up the show, spots etc. HTM and his web team promote "Hulk and Friends" everywhere which Hogan's agent praised and admitted none of the other stars did! Bubba the lard sponge calls out HTM on his radio show so HTM posted a video owning Bubba in retaliation. Hogan goes off without seeing the facts and HTM is off the tour.

HTM went to Hogan's room on the Hogan & Friends tour and spent hours talking to Hogan. Hogan was nice to HTM's face. That's the deal with Hogan. That's always the deal with Hulk Hogan. Ask Vince McMahon or Randy Savage.Hogan is a walking dead because he went with that travelling door to door meat salesman Bischoff instead of hanging with the guys who stood beside him and once again turned on WWE. McMahon's done with Hogan and WWE have no interest in his dead ass. They put over Hogan, built him up as Babe Ruth and he spat in their face. Hogan was due to wrestle John Cena at a recent past WrestleMania but couldn't commit due to his health issues then announces at Vince's backyard MSG that he's signed with TNA. Now after taking TNA nowhere Hogan's had to take a pay cut with TNA and mark my words within 6 months he'll be gone.

What is WWE going to do with a free agent crippled Hulk Hogan? Nothing. They own the entire back catalogue, anything of worth they have. Hogan has his chance to be the Babe Ruth of WWE and spat in their face. He demands top money from Vince and has nothing in return to offer.Hogan's "Hulk & Friends" Tour is dead in the water. Events were cancelled due to poor ticket sales and performance and Hogan's $100k fee demand while paying his fellow boys $3k.

THQ recently signed Hogan to WWE Allstars as his contract allows for outside licensing which is a slap in the face to TNA. Would McMahon let any WWE star sign a TNA merchandise deal? How is that taking "the company to the next level" Brother!.

The guys in the back have no respect for Hogan and Nash is laughing his ass off now that Hogan is broke and Nash is back as a player.

A major TNA backstage player has bolted TNA for WWE, someone close to Hogan which has left Hogan reeling. More on that to come..

Hulkamania killed itself.

HTM Team"

I know that HTM has talked a lot in his day, but if he's telling the truth I wonder who this person is? I honestly first thought Kurt Angle, as his contract is supposedly expiring around April or May, according to Kurt. But it says "backstage".

Anybody got any opinions/thoughts on HTM's rant?

Honky Tonk Man is jealous of Hogan's success. HTM's right about most of the stuff spewing out of his mouth and he knows that any type of publicity will benefit The HTM. He's out of the picture nowadays, not a big draw and is using Hogan as a way to become relevant...

a backstage power?

no idea who they could be talking about. the major players backstage are Hogan/Bischoff/Dixie/Jarrett that make them up.

dare i say Russo to WWE for the 3rd time? maybe Honky wants them to speculate but TNA can't afford to lose anyone right now

Sounds about right.....

I swear Hogan will wind up dieing in the ring like randy "The Ram". He just can't give it up. Even if giving it up will benefit his own health. He still thinks he's some kind of big superstar that everybody loves and cherishes but in all actuality people don't care.

The younger kids only really know Hogan in his form now....old...crippled....pointless....and the people that used to love Hogan are us. The guys on the internet who read about all his shady backstage dealings. Hogans reality is extremely warped and he did take TNA to another level...too bad it was a step back.

Honky Tonk Man is jealous of Hogan's success. HTM's right about most of the stuff spewing out of his mouth and he knows that any type of publicity will benefit The HTM. He's out of the picture nowadays, not a big draw and is using Hogan as a way to become relevant...

huh what? are you insinuating Honky is a moron? why would ANYONE right now use Hogan to get relevant or get over in any way? he's as washed up as they come. there's tons more talent to get an internet rub from.

by the sound of it, he's just upset about something and took it public. to say he's using Hogan's name and relevancy is stretching it in 2011

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Honky Tonk's infamous reign as Intercontinental champ happen because of Hulk Hogan?

Anyway, I agree with HTM on some points. Hogan's a greedy guy, just like most people in the industry. I won't blame him for taking money from TNA and other sources as he wishes, because hey, guy's gotta make a living. What I will blame him for his the generally directionless booking of the last year and 2 months that has not elevated TNA as he said he would. While I can't comment on the Hulk and friends tour since I never really cared for mass-nostalgia runs, the fact that it was a flop isn't surprising. Hogan hasn't been majorly over in the minds of most wrestling fans since he was last in the WWE.

huh what? are you insinuating Honky is a moron? why would ANYONE right now use Hogan to get relevant or get over in any way? he's as washed up as they come. there's tons more talent to get an internet rub from.

It obviously worked, no? Did you wake up this morning and say, "I wanna talk about HTM"? No. But you are now, aren't you?

The only backstage person I can think of that is close to Hogan is Jimmy Hart, which I dont think would be a big deal to TNA thay have bigger problems to worry about.

As for Hogan everybody already knows what type of person he has been over the years so what HTM has to say is no big news or suprise.

ill agree! all htm wants to do is be relevant! he is always coming out with crap and trys to get pple talking about him! i cant remember tha last time he worked in a decent company! genius_deadman r u saying hulk hogan is not a household name? by ripping on tha face of wrestling u arent trying to be talked about? oh and btw how annoying r tha moderators in these forums!!! take things a little too seriously!

Yesterday on Facebook, Honky Tonk Man went on a tirade about Hulk Hogan, which I thought shows the two-faced prick that Hogan really is. Honky Tonk Man really has no problem sharing his opinions.

I know that HTM has talked a lot in his day, but if he's telling the truth I wonder who this person is? I honestly first thought Kurt Angle, as his contract is supposedly expiring around April or May, according to Kurt. But it says "backstage".

The guys in the back have no respect for Hogan and Nash is laughing his ass off now that Hogan is broke and Nash is back as a player.

A major TNA backstage player has bolted TNA for WWE, someone close to Hogan which has left Hogan reeling. More on that to come..

He's talking about Nash, can you not read? Not being insulting but the major TNA backstage player who bolted from TNA for WWE is Nash. Hogan is reeling because Nash has gone and joined WWE where

What HTM has said doesn't surprise me and shouldn't surprise anyone, Hogan has always been about Hogan. He'll go behind everything he claims to stands for and then sell out. WWE doesn't need Hogan, Hogan needs them because sadly it looks like his whole TNA career looks to be one big joke.

In retrospect, I don't think signing Hulk Hogan was a wise idea. I just don't see what he's done to improve the product from the position that it was at in 2009. The product looks different, but I'm not seeing the business growth that's worth what Hogan signed for. (No, guppies, we don't know the figure, but I promise you Hogan is not doing this for charity. Hogan does not come cheap.)

But you couldn't have predicted this at the beginning of 2010. I thought it was a great opportunity back then, despite my aversion to Hulk Hogan. I thought he'd give a rub to the product, rather than making himself an acting focal point. (Silly, silly Rayne.)

My big worry is that people who are tuning in for the Hulk + Eric show will tune out after they leave; or, worse, if whoever's signing contracts over there is so worried that people will tune out if they leave that they're kept around. The product is not improving as a result of their oversized influence. (Eric, the reason people blame you and not everyone else on the roster is because as a producer, you have a much larger responsibility to the overall health of the product. It is very shitty of you to pass the blame for your failure to improve TNA onto the backs of your workers.)

As far as Honky Tonk goes, he'd lick Hogan's asshole for a beatdown segment on a taped Impact.

a backstage power?

no idea who they could be talking about. the major players backstage are Hogan/Bischoff/Dixie/Jarrett that make them up.

dare i say Russo to WWE for the 3rd time? maybe Honky wants them to speculate but TNA can't afford to lose anyone right now

To be honest I assumed he was talking about Kevin Nash there, didn't those two bury the hatchet in WCW and agree to work together to run the place?
It's hard to tell what influence Nash had in TNA really.

Everything HTM says is entertaining, I find it to be a riot, and it amuses me greatly, but I don't take it for gospel nor do I take a lot of the other bullshit that these people say for gospel either. Especially when they're profanity laced tirades.

The fact is no one here knows anything about anything unless they're actually involved in the innerworkings of the business. Hulk Hogan is not a humanitarian but neither are any of the people that work in that business and let's be honest about that. These people are only here to entertain us and nothing more.

We don't know these people beyond their personas, why should we really give a shit about the scuttlebutt that none of us are around to actually see unfold.

Honky Tonky Man's time as a main player has come and gone and while I enjoy his interviews and seeing him still work on the indy scene, I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt and anything people like Hogan say for that matter with a grain of salt as well.

Hell the most amusing thing is outside a few criticisms like what Hogan said about Cena being buried by the Rock which I personally don't agree with Hogan, but his criticism was done a lot more tactfully than what people like HTM and Mark Madden say. Also most internet idiot marks can't do anything but rip apart name stars like Hulk Hogan without using expletive upon expeltive about someone the don't even really know and only base their opinion on information on internet bulshit.

The most amusing thing is I never hear about Hogan writing novel sized blogs or do scathing shoot interviews about anyone. Granted, some of the stuff he says like the whole Rock-Cena situation in WWE I don't agree with, but he presents his case and his reasonings a lot better than most people in the business do and most internet assclown smart marks ever do.

I think that oughta tell you something.

And on a side note I read one poster say something about Hulk Hogan being the real life Randy The Ram (Mickey Rourke's character in The Wrestler), Hogan hasn't wrestled in almost a year, the person who's more likely to get that title from Hogan is someone like Ric Flair who's in the past officially retired whereas Hogan never has (don't count his presidency angle in 1998 with WCW that was just a setup to do an ill-fated nWo reunion). Basically Ric Flair is more likely to end up like Randy The Ram than Hogan. If anyone can't see that for the truth they're an idiot.

I don't think he's making it up. Sure, he's probably trying to get some attention, but I don't think the HTM honestly thinks he's going to be MEing WM because of his opinion.

Hulk has proven these points for a while now. And really, why would HTM not be straightforward w/what happened at the Hogan and Friends thing or whatever. Why would he jeopardize a chance to suck up and get some exposure?

By the way, I really hope the people dissing HTM aren't the same people that defended Hogan in the thread where he made comments about the Rock. Isn't this the same situation but just with Hogan on the receiving end?

I would think it was Kevin Nash, but the "more on that to come" insinuates that it could be someone else. Kurt Angle is a good guess, but he is involved in a pretty major storyline right now. Maybe it could lead to a "loser leaves TNA" match.

this rant by HTM made me his #1 fan. Hogan is a piece of shit and has been since his raise to the top. Nash saw that the boat was sinking and decided "fuck this, I'm outta here" I say boat instead of ship cause that's exactly what TNA is, a lil boat trying to act like a ship. As to who HTM is talking about, I believe he was talking about how Nash left, him being the big player in the back. Unless its Kurt Angle which I wouldn't mind, its time for him to leave the minors and re-join the major leagues.. Hogan will die a broke and lonely and bitter man. And that couldn't make me happier..

this rant by HTM made me his #1 fan. Hogan is a piece of shit and has been since his raise to the top. Nash saw that the boat was sinking and decided "fuck this, I'm outta here" I say boat instead of ship cause that's exactly what TNA is, a lil boat trying to act like a ship. As to who HTM is talking about, I believe he was talking about how Nash left, him being the big player in the back. Unless its Kurt Angle which I wouldn't mind, its time for him to leave the minors and re-join the major leagues.. Hogan will die a broke and lonely and bitter man. And that couldn't make me happier..

Wow, you actually wish death upon people. You got some issues dude, the day you start acting like you know these people like your own family or next door neighbors shows that you're someone who's a complete idiot and that your opinion has no merit or intelligence. Learn some critical thinking and then come back and try to speak a little more intelligently.

Of course that's your choice I can't control what you say or do on these boards but trolls like you definitely deserve to be told something because of how idiotic your post is. Go find someplace else to troll you stupid asshole. Hogan's old and he's seen better days but a far better fate to wish upon him is a trip to obscurity not death.

Hey, everything he says makes sense, but you can only trust what these guys say so much. How does Honkey Tonk Man know so much about these backstage deals? If I had to guess, it's probably one of those through a friend of a friend of a friend type of deals. We all played telephone in elementary school, when information gets passed around it tends to get mangled and misinterpreted, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that's what happens here.

But if you are to accept everything that HTM said as fact, he certainly paints Hulk Hogan out to be selfish, but can you really blame him? His expiration date is LONG overdue and he's fallen victim to some very poor financial decision making, a trend that never seems to end with Hogan. Sure, him only offering 3k to his friends when he is demanding 100k is pretty terrible, but Hogan is likely one of the few stars on the tour that could actually draw a crowd. Sure, Hogan turned his back on WWE to work for TNA, but should we be surprised? He'd be used to put over John Cena in the WWE, in TNA he can be a top wrestler if he wants.

Is any of this acceptable? Is it okay? No, but it's simply not surprising and we don't need to act like the Honkey Tonk Man is the only person who sees Hogan for what he is.

Said the man watching TNA weekly with nothing else to do...

Do you really laugh at a man who had all his money taken from him from his ex-wife, who did mostly nothing for Hogan's stint in WCW or WWE? Honky Tonk Man has it all in his power to say what he likes, but however if Hogan were to respond Hogan would be crucified for picking on a wrestler who had no where near the legacy Hogan has.

Hey, everything he says makes sense, but you can only trust what these guys say so much. How does Honkey Tonk Man know so much about these backstage deals? If I had to guess, it's probably one of those through a friend of a friend of a friend type of deals. We all played telephone in elementary school, when information gets passed around it tends to get mangled and misinterpreted, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that's what happens here.

But if you are to accept everything that HTM said as fact, he certainly paints Hulk Hogan out to be selfish, but can you really blame him? His expiration date is LONG overdue and he's fallen victim to some very poor financial decision making, a trend that never seems to end with Hogan. Sure, him only offering 3k to his friends when he is demanding 100k is pretty terrible, but Hogan is likely one of the few stars on the tour that could actually draw a crowd. Sure, Hogan turned his back on WWE to work for TNA, but should we be surprised? He'd be used to put over John Cena in the WWE, in TNA he can be a top wrestler if he wants.

Is any of this acceptable? Is it okay? No, but it's simply not surprising and we don't need to act like the Honkey Tonk Man is the only person who sees Hogan for what he is.

So you're actually going to buy EVERYTHING you hear and read when it comes to a business that is based in basically bending realism at every twist and turn.

Not to say that HTM is exactly lying, but these people are not in the business of telling and the truth and to be honest as amusing as some of this topic might be, who really gives a shit who in this business doesn't like who. Or who cares about who's ripping off who and demanding this and that.

It's not affecting your life and it's not affecting mine. Take everything you hear for what it is but don't be so quick to buy all the bullshit hype.

These people from Hulk Hogan down to Steve Lombardi are entertainers and not humanitarians if you're giving a shit about their personal lives then you're a wrestling fan for the wrong reason.

So you're actually going to buy EVERYTHING you hear and read when it comes to a business that is based in basically bending realism at every twist and turn.

Wow, you have proven nothing to me except your outstanding inability to read. One of the first things I said in my post is that you can't accept anything anyone in the wrestling business says as 100% truth. I even went so far as to explain that he probably got all this information second or third hand. Hell, I even started my second paragraph with "But if you are to accept everything that HTM said as fact."

Here, I suggest trying this out...

reader_rabbit_learn_to_read_game.jpg

None of these people from Hulk Hogan down to Steve Lombardi are entertainers and not humanitarians if you're giving a shit about their personal lives then you're a wrestling fan for the wrong reason.

Once again, that's almost exactly what I said. You can't blame Hogan for anything he's done, he's human just like the rest of us. That doesn't make him any more or less wrong for doing it, but you can't be surprised when assholes act like assholes.

Wow, you have proven nothing to me except your outstanding inability to read. One of the first things I said in my post is that you can't accept anything anyone in the wrestling business says as 100% truth. I even went so far as to explain that he probably got all this information second or third hand. Hell, I even started my second paragraph with "But if you are to accept everything that HTM said as fact."

Here, I suggest trying this out...

reader_rabbit_learn_to_read_game.jpg

Once again, that's almost exactly what I said. You can't blame Hogan for anything he's done, he's human just like the rest of us. That doesn't make him any more or less wrong for doing it, but you can't be surprised when assholes act like assholes.

Even with what you said about not believing everything HTM or any other wrestler says, you still seem to believe something and the fact that you're going that route says it all. You seem to act like you know these people in real life, hey if you're on a first name basis with any of these wrestling stars, I'll apologize, but you're just a fan like us from what I am gathering.

You definitely seem to act like you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY know who Hulk Hogan is as a person from everything you're reading on the internet. I really don't care who Terry Bollea is I really don't. Obviously you seem to gravitate towards anything you do hear even if you don't believe it. Again, I don't hear guys like Hulk Hogan or Triple H entertain the musings of these veterans that love to "shoot" or blog about their dealings with these stars who supposedly are out to wreck everyone's career. Who gives a rat's ass fuck it, you weren't there and I wasn't there. This isn't the Red Cross these people work for, it's the entertainment business. Shoots are funny and all that stuff, but just take it as an extension of kayfabe. Because in my mind that's what my gut feeling is telling me.

By the way nice work with the image embedding sport, is that a scan you made of the box art for your own copy, I am so excited that it can be for Windows and Mac users, upload it on an FTP site for me so I can start using it too, maybe I'll be able to read as well as you can since it seems like you've benefited enough from its use to suggest it to me.

Although on a side note man, Terry Bollea is more likely than not an asshole, but I think that's a prerequisite in the entertainment business no matter what form we're talking about. I just sometimes have a hard time seeing why people want to put such an emphasis on the personal lives of these people and who they really are beyond the persona. That's my main argument with why I took exception to your post and some of the other ones on here.

Hey SirJoseOle, its funny, you quoted my whole post and didn't fucking read it.. I want you to read it over and find the part where I said "I want hogan to die" or I can't wait for hogan to die" yeah when you're not gonna find that cause I didn't fuckin write that, you idiot.. Just know I wouldn't wish death upon anyone, but I won't shed a tear when hogans number get called.. Its a shame that the good ones like owen, MR perfect and eddie die young, and the wrestling world gets stuck with hogan for what feels likeforever..and yeah, thats my opinion and I will post it any times this topic or any hogan topic comes up.. You don't like what you read?? Then skip my post when you see my name..

Now, on to the original topic, do I believe everything HTM says? Not all but mostly. A lot more people have said the same things about hogan than people that have said different.. He's selfish, greedy, self centered etc..

Hogan will die a broke and lonely and bitter man. And that couldn't make me happier.

Well you moron, you said nothing could make you happier if he dies a "broke and bitter and lonely man". What is that supposed to mean, I mean hey I don't care if you're a Hogan fan or not, I could give a shit to be honest, but you just said nothing would make you happier than someone dying, someone you don't even know. And yes Eddie Guerrero, Curt Hennig and Owen Hart's death were all untimely passings. But please if a fraction of what people say of Eddie and Hennig's lifestyles were true those guys didn't help their cases with their use of drugs. I hate saying it like that, but that's the reality of these things. People are never what they appear to me. It sounds like you got a bigger problem than I do, you stupid fuck. Owen's death I won't deny was the worst of them all since it was a horribly executed stunt. But please don't try to act like Eddie and Mr. Perfect were pillars of the community, moron.

Please don't even try to say you weren't saying that. I read your post dumbass and that's exactly what your intent was you stupid fuck.

Even with what you said about not believing everything HTM or any other wrestler says, you still seem to believe something and the fact that you're going that route says it all. You seem to act like you know these people in real life, hey if you're on a first name basis with any of these wrestling stars, I'll apologize, but you're just a fan like us from what I am gathering.

Do you have any idea how pathetic this sounds? The fact that I accept any bit of information about a wrestler that puts me in the wrong? What if it's from the wrestler itself? For instance, Batista bragged in his book about how he cheated on his wife while on the road because she was too sick (from cancer) to have sex with him at home. And you're saying I'm not allowed to pass judgments on Batista because of this? Get off your fucking high horse, I can choose to judge wrestlers on whatever grounds I want.

You definitely seem to act like you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY know who Hulk Hogan is as a person from everything you're reading on the internet.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh no? I know a few key things about him based on what tens of if not hundreds of former and current wrestlers have said about him and the image he presents in the media. If enough people confirm that Hogan is an asshole, chances are he's probably an asshole.

I really don't care who Terry Bollea is I really don't. Obviously you seem to gravitate towards anything you do hear even if you don't believe it.

So you criticized me for judging Hulk Hogan based on reading personal pieces about a wrestler's dealing with him, but you judge me, saying I gravitate towards anything I read on the internet, after reading two posts on a wrestling forum? That's a serious case of the pot calling the kettle black. You're the pot, by the way.

Again, I don't hear guys like Hulk Hogan or Triple H entertain the musings of these veterans that love to "shoot" or blog about their dealings with these stars who supposedly are out to wreck everyone's career. Who gives a rat's ass fuck it, you weren't there and I wasn't there.

Once again, you FAIL TO TAKE ANYTHING I SAID INTO CONSIDERATION! I said NONE OF THIS BEHAVIOR IS SURPRISING. These guys are who they are, and you can either love them despite it or hate them for it. Whichever you choose is up to you and I certainly don't think either option is inherently right or wrong.

This isn't the Red Cross these people work for, it's the entertainment business. Shoots are funny and all that stuff, but just take it as an extension of kayfabe. Because in my mind that's what my gut feeling is telling me.

So I'm supposed to trust your gut feeling rather than the content creator's (in this case HTM) words telling me that this is true? How's the weather up there on your high horse?

By the way nice work with the image embedding sport, is that a scan you made of the box art for your own copy, I am so excited that it can be for Windows and Mac users, upload it on an FTP site for me so I can start using it too, maybe I'll be able to read as well as you can since it seems like you've benefited enough from its use to suggest it to me.

Funny thing, I actually did play that game and now I attend one of the top universities in the US. Now you're clearly not even half as intelligent as I am, but if you played the game you could at the very least become a decent wrestling poster.

Although on a side note man, Terry Bollea is more likely than not an asshole, but I think that's a prerequisite in the entertainment business no matter what form we're talking about. I just sometimes have a hard time seeing why people want to put such an emphasis on the personal lives of these people and who they really are beyond the persona. That's my main argument with why I took exception to your post and some of the other ones on here.

Are you serious right now? So after berating me for acting like I know anything about the man behind the wrestler for paragraph after paragraph, you wrap it up by saying that Terry Bollea is probably an asshole? What gives you the right to say this and not me? You are so hypocritical that I think you should get it tattooed to your back somewhere. Make sure you play that game first so you spell it right for the tattoo artist.

As for the emphasis, if I haven't said it already I'll say it now, I don't care if people take a wrestler's personal life into consideration. I often times do, and I know plenty of people who leave that out of it. I know there is no one right way to judge wrestlers, so I accept all options. To each his own, right? You, on the other hand, are getting all pissy because I choose to consider certain things when I decide if I like an entertainer. Once again, what gives you the right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back