Hokey Tonk Man Says Hogan is Done With TNA

Dizzy

Championship Contender
via Twitter:

Hogan is done with TNA. HTM said this almost 6 months to the date. March 2011! WWE Legend The Honky Tonk Man said on his Facebook yesterday that a top behind-the-scenes player in TNA, someone close to Hulk Hogan, has left and is returning to WWE. Honky’s team then wrote the following blog on his official website against Hulk Hogan:"You guys keep asking what’s the issue with Hogan. Here’s the deal. Hogan is in a back brace and without it he is on a walker as an old crippled dogshit of a man who could only be found with his feet in Lard Ass Bubba’s ass. You ask why HTM doesn’t like Hogan?Jeff Jarrett approached HTM for a TNA merchandise deal in 2010 and "sent" a contract. Contract never came. HTM signs with WWE & Mattel. The same time, Hogan and Bischoff join TNA and Bischoff publicly insults HTM. HTM is called up for the "Hogan & Friends Tour", went to the show and had a great event with the boys and the fans. HTM and Jimmy Hart spend hours setting up the show, spots etc. HTM and his web team promote "Hulk and Friends" everywhere which Hogan’s agent praised and admitted none of the other stars did! Bubba the lard sponge calls out HTM on his radio show so HTM posted a video owning Bubba in retaliation. Hogan goes off without seeing the facts and HTM is off the tour.HTM went to Hogan’s room on the Hogan & Friends tour and spent hours talking to Hogan. Hogan was nice to HTM’s face. That’s the deal with Hogan. That’s always the deal with Hulk Hogan. Ask Vince McMahon or Randy Savage.Hogan is a walking dead because he went with that travelling door to door meat salesman Bischoff instead of hanging with the guys who stood beside him and once again turned on WWE. McMahon’s done with Hogan and WWE have no interest in his dead ass. They put over Hogan, built him up as Babe Ruth and he spat in their face. Hogan was due to wrestle John Cena at a recent past WrestleMania but couldn’t commit due to his health issues then announces at Vince’s backyard MSG that he’s signed with TNA. Now after taking TNA nowhere Hogan’s had to take a pay cut with TNA and mark my words within 6 months he’ll be gone.What is WWE going to do with a free agent crippled Hulk Hogan? Nothing. They own the entire back catalogue, anything of worth they have. Hogan has his chance to be the Babe Ruth of WWE and spat in their face. He demands top money from Vince and has nothing in return to offer.Hogan’s "Hulk & Friends" Tour is dead in the water. Events were cancelled due to poor ticket sales and performance and Hogan’s $100k fee demand while paying his fellow boys $3k.THQ recently signed Hogan to WWE Allstars as his contract allows for outside licensing which is a slap in the face to TNA. Would McMahon let any WWE star sign a TNA merchandise deal? How is that taking "the company to the next level" Brother!.The guys in the back have no respect for Hogan and Nash is laughing his ass off now that Hogan is broke and Nash is back as a player.A major TNA backstage player has bolted TNA for WWE, someone close to Hogan which has left Hogan reeling. More on that to come..Hulkamania killed itself.HTM"

http://www.gerweck.net/2011/09/15/honky-tonk-man-comments-on-hogans-tna-status

So, keep in mind, Honkey Tonk sounds like a jealous bitter idiot who constantly lies like he 100% confirmed that Beefcake would show up in TNA.

Now, what he's saying is very true but at the end of the day, TNA seems to be putting themselves in a better direction overall without him.

Roode being pushed, Aries being champ, MCMG waiting to regain their belts, Velvet getting pushed, etc. Everyone at this point and time is getting a push homegrown and adopted talent (better name than reject or Ex-company star) and that's the way it should be....Just don't return the 6 sided ring.

So, will anyone miss Hogan or wants him back?

Hogans not the problem, the crappy storylines and booking existed way before he ever showed up, Dixie Carter is a mark for Vince Russo, and as long as that's the case, TNA will flounder.

I like your thinking about TNA and wish it was true but good luck. For every step TNA goes forward, they go two steps back. I want to love the company but they just keep dangling the carrot in my face then taking it away.

i totally agree with you! although it was good when hogan came in because he brought some big names guys like anderson etc along with him! im not gonna say better or worse but tna was a lot different b4 him! they will do fine without him! tna needs to start focusing on the international market! america doesnt seem to want to let go of the very stale wwe but every other country seems extremely into tna!

While there is hate from Tonk to Hogan I see this story being fake.

I would love Hogan to be out of TNA as well as Dixie. This to be honest doesn't make a lot of sense. Lately there has been some rumblings coming from the Hogan camp about him making announcements and such, but to be honest this sounds like a fake story.

As the OP said; HTM lies a lot.

LOL.....

Tonky might be a liar but for some reason I believe whatever bullshit he spews when it comes to Hogan, why you might ask.. simples... Hogan's the biggest bullshitter in wrestling history.

WWE made Hogan the babe ruth of WWE? FACT.
Hogan/Cena @ WrestleMania 25 I believe it was and Hogan claimed a back injury FACT.
Hogan announcing TNA and him joining teams at MSG, WWE's home arena? FACT.

I'm not hating on Hulk, I was stoked for his 2002-2006 return but lets be honest he kicked WWE in the balls, in 2002 he put guys over but from 2003-2006 he put ZERO people over who could of done with the rub.

Personally I don't think Vince nor HHH would use Hogan in the future due to his bullshits.

LOL.....

Tonky might be a liar but for some reason I believe whatever bullshit he spews when it comes to Hogan, why you might ask.. simples... Hogan's the biggest bullshitter in wrestling history.

WWE made Hogan the babe ruth of WWE? FACT.
Hogan/Cena @ WrestleMania 25 I believe it was and Hogan claimed a back injury FACT.
Hogan announcing TNA and him joining teams at MSG, WWE's home arena? FACT.

I'm not hating on Hulk, I was stoked for his 2002-2006 return but lets be honest he kicked WWE in the balls, in 2002 he put guys over but from 2003-2006 he put ZERO people over who could of done with the rub.

Personally I don't think Vince nor HHH would use Hogan in the future due to his bullshits.
Didn't stop them from using him after they bought WCW. Same goes for Nash, Hall, Pac and that entire group. If there's money in it Vince will bring him back at the drop of a dime. This is Hogan not Max Moon.

And since when is Vince McMahon such a moral crusader? If he could make a buck he'd sell his mother's bones. There's nothing wrong with that either. It's that attitude that kept his company in business for over 50 years.

If it is true then my thoughts are that its a start. Regardless of if its his own fault or those booking him, his run in TNA has not gone well. Ok, I know the guy has a lot of serious injuries that have limited him in the ring but surely he could have been used a lot better as an on-screen character. Immortal is such an old fashioned and boring idea for a faction and Hogan running around acting like his character from 10+ years ago is still relevant is just annoying. It would have been really interesing seeing him work as a manager of young up and coming wrestlers or in a proper 'general manager' type role where he booked for the fans and acted as a mouthpiece for the company. I have never been a Hogan fan but I just feel TNA missed a huge opportunity by not exploiting his 'legend' status in the right way. I feel the same way about Bishoff, I know he's not the most popular backstage personality but I have always enjoyed the work of Bishoff the on-screen character and again I dont think they have used him in the best way possible. Its great to see Bobby Roode etc getting the push they deserve and I hope this continues, there are some great talents in TNA that should be pushed far more and hopefully this is a signal of things to come. Now lets finish with this Jeff Hardy nonsense and TNA could really start making a name for itself.

Didn't stop them from using him after they bought WCW. Same goes for Nash, Hall, Pac and that entire group. If there's money in it Vince will bring him back at the drop of a dime. This is Hogan not Max Moon.

And since when is Vince McMahon such a moral crusader? If he could make a buck he'd sell his mother's bones. There's nothing wrong with that either. It's that attitude that kept his company in business for over 50 years.

Well the difference is that Nash hasn't been bullshitting as much... And there's the fact that he's Trips' and HBK's best friend, so he'll always have a job in WWE. Nash, of the entire group, has seemingly grown up and he's made it clear that right now he's doing it all for the money. Sure, he may be a big time player in TNA, but TNA's money can't compete with WWE's and Nash knows that.

Not to mention, Vince has kept Ultimate Warrior and Randy Savage both out of the WWE for years. It had to take Savage dying for McMahon to give him any recognition, and I'm still not convinced that Vince will induct him into the HoF. Furthermore, Vince also refired JJ after he bought out WCW from when JJ held the IC title captive.

All in all, Honky Tonk man has given a lot of strong back support to his claim. Does that mean he's right? No, it's an educated guess and it's a highly likely one. In fact, I'm pretty sure that if it wasn't for the fact that TNA is paying for Hogan's surgeries then he would've split a long time ago.

HTM has lead the common idiot down these roads before. He is a great self promoter and yet a below average talent at best. He knows that if Vince didn't give him the push he did, he would have been a mid carder in trailer park shows for life. With that being said, Hogan is probably done with TNA due to the end of his contract anyways and HTM is using that as a way to do more self promotion for himself and air his dirty laundry and bitterness on never being a top guy while Hogan was the guy. What all the yahoo's like HTM fail to realize is that Hogan was so big at the time, it didn't matter what or who had the strap or if he was off doing a stupid movie, the fans aka: kids, were still eating up the Hulkamainia slop and no one had a chance to replace that hype. Now as far as Hogan and TNA go, I HOPE he's done, and I HOPE TNA use the storyline with Sting finally ridding TNA of him and maybe, just maybe someone can write some good strories for the young talent to run with! And then Pam woke up and Bobby was in the shower....Did I lose you?

Personally speaking, I think HTM and Hogan are bothworking us right now, period. I am sorry to break it to some of you guys here on the forums but just listen to Rayne he'll tell it like it is, kayafabe has mutated into something totally different and new these days in wrestling. The bullshit that you read on the internet and those tell all books, the stuff you watch on DVDs in the form of WWE produced DVDs or the scandalous and acerbic shoot interviews are all a part of the ole' time carny tradition of wrestling trying to hoodwink its fans into finally believing the con.

I'll admit I enjoy reading up on this stuff from time to time. I would be a liar if I said I never did but what I enjoy more is reading the reactions of people that believe everything they are having fed to them. Basically the moral of the story is this we are not a part of the wrestling business were are merely fans, fans of something I must remind you all that is rooted in making us question where the line between fantasy and reality has started. With the internet being such a powerful tool of technology these days, the line is getting even harder to see.

So in the case of The Hulkster and "The Greatest Intercontinental Champion Of All Time"...I won't believe anything until I ACTUALLY see it. Maybe Hogan's leaving TNA, maybe he's not. Time will tell.

Every time there is something written about TNA Hulk Hogan's name is mentioned. Hogan is bad for TNA, hogan is this and that. So now that Hogan is leaving TNA and I am sure shortly after that Bichoff will leave or be released. Do people really think that the TNA product will improve?

I knew TNA existed prior to Hogan's arrival, but honestly I might have seen 2-3 shows they never really had any draw to them. Not that when Hogan came on the screen it changed very much, But just attaching his name to the product drew fans from other places. If I had to choose I would choose Impact over SD, I found this out last night when I fell asleep during smackdown, after Sin Cara ( mistico) confrontation I fell asleep.

TNA is going to fall back in to obscurity once again, this time it will cause Dixie to sell the company just life the Jarrett family.

So, keep in mind, Honkey Tonk sounds like a jealous bitter idiot who constantly lies like he 100% confirmed that Beefcake would show up in TNA.

I think you hit the nail directly on the head as far as Honkey Tonk Man is concerned. I wish I could Red-rep HTM.

It's unlikely anyone outside of Hogan's and TNA's inner circles would have a clue what he is going to do. TNA may not want him at his current price. Creative may know since they should be preparing storylines going in to the near future.

But I highly doubt HTM can speak with any authority.

I'm not going to rehash my feelings on Hogan's tenure with TNA, except saying that there were different better things that they should have done with him and that he should have been doing on his own.

Might take things more seriously if people learned to spell in there thread titles.

If you're going to bitch about spelling please learn to spell yourself. It's their thread titles, not there!

On topic, Hogans a washed up former star who's relevance to the business today is diminishing with each passing week.
I think he should try to get one more big payday but not actively wrestling, and retire.

I wonder if this will bring back the 6 sided ring. Idk if it was Eric and or Hogans decision to get rid of it but I havent read to much about how long Eric might stay or anything. To me, TNA was alot better before they got there. Its just been brutal for me lately. Alex Shelley was hot a month ago and now you never see him, Anderson goes back and fourth between a heel and a face each week, tired of hearing about the damn network, Stings character sometimes its funny to me othertimes its like wow.

While I put zero stock in anything that comes out of HTM's mouth, I truly believe that upon the expiration of Hogan's (and Bischoff's) contracts in the very near future, they are both gone from TNA. I don't want this to be perceived as a TNA bash, but I think they will view their TNA tenure as a disappointment, and as such will bail out.

No one in the world of professional wrestling has an ego the size of Hogan (not even Angle, and that's saying something). I think that Hogan truly believed that his presence, his name value, would make TNA instant competition for WWE, and let's face it, no matter how favorably or unfavorably one would assess the Eric and Terry regime, he has come nowhere close to putting TNA on WWE's level. I think the attempt at a new Monday Night War, the claims of ridiculous improvements in ratings, etc., were all indicative of how Hogan saw his time in TNA going. I think he realizes that he has fallen well short of his own expectations, and those of others, and as such, he's ready to cut his losses and move on.

Combine all this with the deterioration of his physical status over the 2 years, and that's the icing on the cake. While I don't think he expected to ever return to competing on a full time basis, I think he may have expected to have an occasional match at a reasonable level, but as we are unfortunately about to witness in the main event of Bound For Glory, that's impossible as well. BFG will painfully confirm that Hogan is done, and I think it's the last we will see of him in TNA.

Please God, don't let this mean we will see him and Bischoff return to WWE in any sort of nWo capacity. He's too old and decrepit for TNA, so he certainly is equally ancient and fragile for WWE as well. I think it's a shame that the last image we will all have of Hulk Hogan in a wrestling ring will be him hobbling around a ring in the Impact Zone, trying to do something he is physically unable to do, regardless of any aura which allegedly still surrounds him.

TNA is going to be just fine without Hogan. Hes run his course as the GM type roll hes been playing. The Immortal storyline has been a flop and will probably be over after Bound for Glory. They still have plenty of star power in Angle, Sting, Flair, Steiner, AJ, Joe, Hardy. Hes cant wrestle anymore and hes not the draw he once. Im a Hogan fan and he had a couple good moments in TNA, but its time for him to go.

Honestly I can see TNA folding within a year or two, and that was whether Hogan was still with them or not. I hope they do survive even though I'm not a fan, because they do have some talent on the roster and if the company collapses, I just don't see how the WWE would find room to give air time to the guys they sign without adding a 3rd weekly show.

Honestly I can see TNA folding within a year or two, and that was whether Hogan was still with them or not. I hope they do survive even though I'm not a fan, because they do have some talent on the roster and if the company collapses, I just don't see how the WWE would find room to give air time to the guys they sign without adding a 3rd weekly show.
Explain how you got that notion. Are the ratings plummeting now? No. Is viewership plummeting? Nope, better than ever. They're going on the road more than any previous year. They just signed a bunch of International deals and got a huge sponsor in DirectAuto. The product is solid, the roster is amazing and the shows are getting better and better. So go ahead, tell me how you got to that conclusion. Or are you just flapping your gums for no reason?

And whether Hogan stays or leaves - just keep Bishoff. He's the one TNA needs. Hogan's valuable as well, despite common smarky belief. Hope he doesn't leave.

I don't care anything at all about HTM. He was boring in the WWE and completely irrelevant now.
With that being said, as much as I'd love to see Hogan gather up whats left of his legend and finally just retire...and as much as I know that if he goes, Bischoff is going with him, the reality is the only way TNA is going to get better as a whole is if they get rid of Russo and get the company out of the hands of Dixie Carter.
The problem is, who do you replace Russo with? Paul Heyman? (my personal vote goes to Heyman. I've said it in a previous post, though his company went under, it was due to a lack of financing. With the Carters wallet in Heymans back pocket, I do believe that he can turn that company into a stellar success)
But the reality is, there's no way Dixie is going to get Heyman, because she's a mark for Russo. With that being the case, Hogan or no Hogan, nothings gonna change except for him being gone.

I think it is extremely silly to suggest that TNA will fold within a year or two, with or without Hogan. While I am a consistent critic of TNA, even I have to admit that they are in no danger of going out of business, nor would I want them to. Their ratings are consistent, albeit low. They appear to be turning a profit, although I would expect it is likely marginal. Their product is frustrating, but certainly not to the point of being catastrophic.

I would expect little overall difference to TNA's on screen product if in fact Hogan and Bischoff leave, as their on screen appearances have been dwindling anyway. I would expect the main event of Bound For Glory in 2012 to be a marked improvement over this year, simply because Hogan won't be competing in it. Many of the numerous, and I do mean numerous, problems in TNA will still remain after the departure of Hogan. Low production values, the Impact Zone, prerecorded programming and the associated spoilers, convoluted Russo-esque story lines, and several other flaws, these will remain after Hogan and Bischoff go. So yes, in my opinion, TNA will get better upon the departure of the relics. However, this would be step one of a multi-step plan to make TNA a better product.

Explain how you got that notion. Are the ratings plummeting now? No. Is viewership plummeting? Nope, better than ever. They're going on the road more than any previous year. They just signed a bunch of International deals and got a huge sponsor in DirectAuto. The product is solid, the roster is amazing and the shows are getting better and better. So go ahead, tell me how you got to that conclusion. Or are you just flapping your gums for no reason?

And whether Hogan stays or leaves - just keep Bishoff. He's the one TNA needs. Hogan's valuable as well, despite common smarky belief. Hope he doesn't leave.

Ratings and viewership may not be plummeting but for the past 2-3 years TNA's rating have been the same with or without hogan. Their ppv buyrate is mediocre and that number drops every year. So nothing is really better than ever.

The product is NOT solid or consistence. You cannot say that when the booking is horrendous for the past year in terms of storyline, utilizing talents and match finishing etc.

I laugh my ass off when people make comments such as this one. TNA will fold. 1.6 million viewers in the USA. Second biggest Wrestling programme in the USA. now enough of America i am English and its well documented that Impact Wrestlings viewer number puts RAW & Smackdowns to shame. and we arnt the only country. do some research you will find there are many countrys where TNA is doing better than WWE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back