History, Fueds & Wrestler's Fan Status': Part II

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
Firstly, I will say that Part II of this thread series will be more of a discussion & less of a personal opinion asking a simple rhetorical question. Sorry for those who didn't like the first one. I just thought I should have posted it out there.

Secondly, this threads is based on my knowledge & studying of tapes. If I am wrong & I this thread I created is dodgy with no factual information, please inform me on this thread. I dont want to be viewed under the same banner as the dude who claimed Victoria was Chris Benoit's mistress. Such a tool (the guy posted the statement, not Benoit).

Ohkay, now onto business...

Back in the days of the territorial WWWF (I think that it was called), wrestlers who were faces had more of a chance over the heels to:

- Develop their character
- Showcase their skills
- Spent alot of the time mocking their opponent to garner a crowd reception.
- Control the fued (at times, even start the fued)

During the WWF era, it became more of a toss up out of which wrestler could do one or more of the options above onscreen to develop & showcase themselves. This usually depended on a variety of factors & people in the business.

In the WWE, the heels seem to be more inclined into doing all three of the above. The faces do these as well, but not to the extent as heels. Faces do so over a lenghty period of time [John Cena & his development of a second finisher, the STF] whilst heels do this over short time frames. After all this, my question is this:

Do you prefer wrestlers to do the above options, or any other related factors of developing oneself as a wrestler previously not mentioned, as a face or a heel?

For me, I prefer the heel factor. It gives the wrestler no limits to what they can accomplish. Once their developmental stage is finished, they trial this as a face to see what the fans will react to.

Your thoughts please...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back