History, Fueds & Wrestler's Fan Status'

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
I have been fading in & out of wrestling as of late, especially WWE. I have been tuning into SmackDown! & ECW more than RAW & Impact! and noticed something.

SmackDown featured a match between CM Punk & John Morrison. I thought to myself... face Morrison v.s. tweener Punk. A match between old rivals, the hatred is going to excel a great match between the two. However, despite their epic ECW fued for the title & previous encounters on many occasions... I saw something that shocked me...

Punk & Morrison shook hands!?!?!?!?!?! I know that the Morrison v.s. Punk fued has always been heel Morrison v.s. face Punk but just because Morrison is now face institutes that they are friends??? WHERE WAS THE HATRED!?!?!

So my question is simply this... why do fueds, history & rivals go out the window or become suppressed in the modern WWE when a wrestler changes fan status between heel & face????

Your thoughts please...

NB: has anybody noticed why John Morrison has never been able to pick up a victory against CM Punk since losing his ECW title a few years back??? What's with that???

NB: has anybody noticed why John Morrison has never been able to pick up a victory against CM Punk since losing his ECW title a few years back??? What's with that???

Morrison won that match over Punk on Friday night.

WWE has never been known to have long memories when it comes to storylines. That's why I always appreciated commentators like Jesse Ventura and even Michael Cole from time to time when they refer to something from awhile back that WWE would normally ignore. I think the stories could be so much richer, complex, and interesting if old rivalries, betrayals, and friendships would be remembered. Unfortunately, WWE is playing to the lowest common denominator and specifically avoids making things too complicated.

I think the reason is, that much like in real life, sometimes you forgive someone for what they did to you in the past. I also think that after some period of time they gain a mutual respect for each other and put the past behind them.

I never did like friendships between WWE superstars just because of heel or face turns. We all know that WWE is scripted, but they could atleast make it more believable. People like Punk and Morrison who had a pretty intense fued for the ECW Championship for three months in 2007, WWE really made that useless, by turning Morrison face and them automatically becoming friends. Also, look at M.V.P. and Kane. They fueded for the late part of 2006, but as soon as Kane turned heel, they just put them together as a team on more than one occasion. I never liked how WWE turns former enemies into ''friends'' just because of a heel or face turn, but what can I do?

that reminds me of 3 or so weeks ago i think it was morrison and cryme tyme vs whoever and before the matchup started morrison shook hands with shad and jtg?? what about their feud for the tag titles??

Its one of the things that goes with the territory. We're not supposed to think too much about it. Same for why so many people that are supposedly buddies don't run down and help their friend out when they're being jumped....or why after all this time, the referees haven't instituted a replay feature that lets them change the outcome of the match if they're told someone interfered and they didn't catch it lol.

I think the reason is, that much like in real life, sometimes you forgive someone for what they did to you in the past. I also think that after some period of time they gain a mutual respect for each other and put the past behind them.

One of my closest friends is literally the only person I've ever been in a fist fight with. 5th grade, the two of us started punching each other for some reason - neither of us can remember why - and I hated his guts. By 6th grade, he was one of my best friends and still is lol. Sometimes it just works out that way. Naturally, if WWE weren't scripted, it'd be far, far too unlikely that such circumstances would show up, but like tLight says, sometimes that actually is the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back