His Greatest Rival???

I think that both Shawn and Mick will be known as his greatest nemesis' when everything is said and done.

Shawn because of the fact that he started DX with the Game and then after a very successful run in that stable, ended up feuding with him over the WWE title. I liked it and I think it worked well because of the history that they had with each other. I think their has always been an edge with them as well, they always seem as though they are about to implode and Shawn is about to kick his teeth out.

Mick because of the destructive matches that they had with each other. I name Royal Rumble 2000 and No Way Out 2000 as testament to this fact. Those were two of the best matches I have ever seen and definitely some of the most brutal. Mick really was the anti-Triple H in many ways. Triple H is always in control and likes to be very organised in the way he goes about things. Mick just goes out there and inflicts pain, mainly on himself. There matches were always brilliant.

I will say the Undertaker though, Triple H has never beaten him in modern day wrestling has he? The last match I remember them having was Wrestlemania X-7. Apart from that, I don't believe he has beaten him or even faced him one on one.

I think that both Shawn and Mick will be known as his greatest nemesis' when everything is said and done.

Shawn because of the fact that he started DX with the Game and then after a very successful run in that stable, ended up feuding with him over the WWE title. I liked it and I think it worked well because of the history that they had with each other. I think their has always been an edge with them as well, they always seem as though they are about to implode and Shawn is about to kick his teeth out.

Mick because of the destructive matches that they had with each other. I name Royal Rumble 2000 and No Way Out 2000 as testament to this fact. Those were two of the best matches I have ever seen and definitely some of the most brutal. Mick really was the anti-Triple H in many ways. Triple H is always in control and likes to be very organised in the way he goes about things. Mick just goes out there and inflicts pain, mainly on himself. There matches were always brilliant.

I will say the Undertaker though, Triple H has never beaten him in modern day wrestling has he? The last match I remember them having was Wrestlemania X-7. Apart from that, I don't believe he has beaten him or even faced him one on one.

Undertaker beat Triple H at King of the Ring in 2002 and HHH beat Undertaker at Insurrextion the month before.

If he had a rival, my choice would either be Rock or Austin. All of their matches delivered and it was during when HHH was at his best.

I agree on that 100% on all of that. I however, cannot choose just one person, throughout the different stages of his career he has had excellent feuds with top names and they have pulled out all the stops in each feud.

Back in the days when Triple H was in charge of DX, his greatest rival was the Rock, he always feuded with him. First he feuded with him over the Intercontinental Championship and over the WWE Championship.

Then during the McMahon-Helmsley Era his main rival was Stone Cold or Mick Foley. Triple H in the end forced Mick into retirement when Mick lost the HiAC match. Triple H had revealed he had paid off Rikishi to run him down and Stone and Triple H had many matches with.

When he had returned from injury, obviously, who everyone says is his greatest rival, Shawn Michaels, feuded with him. Triple H faked a DX reunion and pedigreed HBK. They fought quite a few matches with Triple H and Shawn trading the title to one another.

Sorry for posting all this but I see these as Triple H's main rivalries over the years, and in order for me to decide I would have to look at each one of these feuds. I guess in the end I will have to go with Shawn Michaels. I mean, Triple H and him are the best of friends, and as hard as it was to believe they could ever be enemies ( at least in kayfabe ) they did an excellent job of it. They had some amazing matches. From DX to rivals back to DX , they have gone full circle. The fact that two best friends could really tear each other apart such as they did, they really put each other through hell ( no pun intended seeing as their feud ended in a three stages of hell match )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back