His Greatest Rival???

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
i just stopped watching Triple H s DVDs and there are some great matches from him and some that just stink(Hog Pen hahaha)

But along the years Triple H has been in a lot of great FEUDS with some of the greatest in the sport but......

WHO IS TRIPLE H s ULTIMATE RIVAL???

we have Hogan and Andre.......HBK and Bret.....Stone Cold and The Rock.....

But who is the one for HHH

we ve seen him fight since 98 til 00 with the Rock
we ve seen him 97 till 00 with Mick Foley
we ve seen him with SCSA from 99 till 01
we ve seen him with HBK since 97 or 02 till 04
and we ve seen him with Randy Orton since 04 till now

i ve loved all his feuds.....except this orton feud..... they had SOME good matches but lately EVERYONE knows that this 2 HAVE TO END IT ONCE AND FOR ALL BECAUSE NONE WANTS TO SEE THEM ANYMORE EXCEPT IF ITS IN A HELL IN CELL and thats a stretch....... and I say it like a HUGE fan of HHH

Who will be his ultimate nemesis......debate....

I would have to say Shawn Michales seening as they were the two that started DX in 96/97 and Shawn was HhH's longest fued to date plus dont for get the personal hatred they had for each other and Hunter running Shawn Over in the car Shawn came back at Summer Slam 02 and after Shawn beat trips he took out HBK with his trusty Sledge Hammer thats all i can remember cause after that i can remember the Mc Mahon's figting both of them until the DX Reunion happen in 06.

i think his greatest fued is with orton
the reason why i think this is because they buit evolution right and randy broke out at the right time. and now orton has a reason to beat hhh as a heel then they throw legacy involved.Sure it gets boring but the story line is exellent.

To me, it's kind of hard to tell on who his nemesis is. I say it's because in his biggest feuds, the intensity and aggression was always kept equal like it's hard to see who he had a real rival showdown with. The storylines were "personal". But I'd say it's either HBK or The Rock.

there are many elements that go into having a great feud.... it doesn't have to be backstage politics but a genuine in ring hatred for eachother......

i never felt it more intensely than with his current randy orton feud..... this is a classic feud they started off friends in evolution worked together for a common cause, keep the belt on the champ, well when the student won the prize it fueled hhh's intensity surrounding the belt that is all it started off as nothing personal on hunter's side outside of jealousy and gold lust.

he quickly slapped the young pup down put him in his place..... fast forward a few years and randy is finally exacting the proper revenge, he takes out all hunter cares about his family and more importantly the gold, it has stayed firmly in place around randy's waist, not only is hhh driven by gold lust to destroy randy as he did in the past, but now it is personal, i love it, i wish it was over with by now, but i am enjoying the ride while it is here to enjoy

Over Triple H's ten+ year reign as a dominant player in WWE/F he has had some great feuds with many of the all time greats. Undertaker, HBK, The Rock, Mick Foley, SCSA, Orton, Batista, Cena, etc. But, the one feud that really sticks out in my mind is the always entertaining feud of Triple H vs........................HBK! These 2 men have been through it all, best of friends and worst of enemies. They have teamed with eachother and faced eachother in numerous matches throughout the years. Triple H even managed HBK when HHH was in his early years. They formed the ever exciting D-Generation X. They have headlined WrestleMania's against eachother. These two guys are the best two men left in the WWE (not including Undertaker).

HBK is Triple H's biggest rival and best friend.

This is a really hard question. All major feuds he's had are either with people who's primes were behind them (HBK), people who's primes are ahead of them (Orton) or people who already had arch nemises' (Rock and Austin).

You're missing some of his great rivalries though...
What about Chris Jericho? They had that great match where Chris Jericho won the WWF title for the night and then they reignited their feud in 2002 which ended in a great Hell in a Cell match.
Or Kane? They've had some classic matches. They've been rivals for the Intercontinental title, the tag titles and the world title. Although, due to Katie Vick, this rivalry should not be considered the best of either man's career.

I just don't think Triple H has an arch nemesis to be honest. He's just been around for too many generations. He was around during the attitude era, the post attitude era and now he's still going strong in the PG era. He's in a very unique position, he simply doesn't have an all time great rivalry. He's had lots of good rivalries, just never one that his career will be defined by. He's like Ric Flair, and Sting. Many rivalries that produced many good matches. But never had a career rival.

imo it has to be mankind due to the quality hardcore matches and the amount of effort into the whole fued plus the unforgetable hiac

For the 1st half of HHHs career id have to say the rock because the two moved up the card together & both put each other over tremendously
-in early '97 the rock (then known as rocky maivia) defeated hhh (then known as just Hunter Hearst Helmsley) for the IC Title (this was several months before maivia joined the Nation & hunter and shawn formed DX which brings me to my next point)
-in '98 The Nation & DX had a huge feud which included the famous DX impersonating every member of the Nation skit & where the rock & hhh feuded over the IC title that summer which ended when hhh beat the rock at summerslam in that ladder match which pretty much stole the show (austin-undertaker for the wwe title was the main event)
-in late '98 DX & the corporation had a feud where this time dx impersonated every member of the corp. & hhh-rock had a couple matches for the wwe title
-in '99 they didnt have a feud but they fought a couple of times over the wwe title which included the 1st episode of smackdown
-in '00 with austin out the 2 feuded over the belt starting from WM when they were both involved in the fatal 4 way elimination match, then a match at backlash where the rock won the belt for the 1st time as a face, & then the 2 participated in the 2nd iron man match in wwe history where hhh won, eventually the rock got the belt back at KOTR
-from '01-'02 they really didnt fight each other alot because of HHHs 1st quad tear & the rock going to hollywood which resulted in the rock leaving wrestling full time

2nd half of HHHs career its a tie between hbk & orton
-hbk from '02 when hbk wrestled his 1st match in 4 yrs against hhh, the 2 were involved in the 1st elimination chamber, 3 stages of hell, last man standing, etc. until '06 when DX reunited
-its been orton since '04 ever since hhh kicked orton out of evolution; the 2 feuded from '04-early '05, '07-'08 with dx vs rated rko & then over the wwe title, & unfortunately theyre feuding right now with other legacy members dibiase & rhodes involved and even HHHs in-laws; these 2 have fought a gazzilion times including about couple hundred last man standing matches (hopefully october can come quick so these 2 wrestle inside HIAC which will finally end this stale feud)

so guys there u have it

First off, Hogan's greatest feud was not against Andre the Giant. They had a classic WM3 match, but that's not his greatest feud.

Second, I would have to say that HHH will go down in history as someone who people just can't get along with. He's had the most personal feuds ever. HBK, Orton, Rock, Taker, Foley, Edge, Cena, Nash, Jericho, you name it. I for one, think that his top 3 feuds are HBK, Orton, and Kurt Angle.

HBK- they have so much history as friends and enemies

Orton- HHH's protégées, feuding since '04.

Angle- well, it got personal with stephanie.

HBK plain and simple. HBK's return at summerslam, then his suprise title win cements it for me

So you're saying a return of Summerslam and one win is considered a rivalry?

HHH has no arch nemesis and that is fine. He has great matches with Foley, Rock, Austin, and the list goes on. Like others said, he is just like Sting and Flair. Orton may fall into that same category because in this current era, Cena has Edge and Batista doesn't really have anybody but I don't think Orton and Batista are arch nemsises either.

Although it's close to me it's Shawn Michaels the whole best of friends and then worst of enemies build the feud got worked perfectly. HBK after coming out of a 4 year retirement from an injury that was thought to have ended his career tries to start back up DX but Trips pedigrees him then after HBK beats him at Summerslam he whacks him with a sledgehammer.They competed in the first elimination chamber which saw HBK win his last World Championship. Three stages of hell was awesome as was their LMS match and the Hell in the cell blowoff match at bad blood 2004.

Simple guys, HHH's greatest rival has been and will always be the IWC who bashes him for marrying the boss's daughter

I'm gonna choose someone who hasn't been mentioned yet :O

The Undertaker !!!!!!

I mean according to commentators i don't think trips has beaten the dead man until an elimination chamber two year's ago correct me if wrong so surley the guy you can't beat is your biggest rival until you beat them :p

Triple H has had some of the greatest rivalries this business has ever seen. However to pick just one is very difficult... however I for once am going with the majority and have to say HBK.

It's obvious that when he returns he'll partner Trips for a while, then ultimately, it'll turn into another feud. These two men have feuded on and off all of their careers, granted they have been best friends and allies, but they've also hated eachother more than perhaps any other two people in this business. They seem to bring the best out of eachother no matter the circumstances, I'll give them that, and as long as they wrestle with the same company, this rivalry will continue. It'll be one of the longest running rivalries we have ever seen.

Honorable mentions of course go to...

HHH/Foley - I mean come on Triple HHH beat the shit out of this guy and 'ended' his career, that's a great rivalry.

HHH/Austin - These two have had great battles in the past and it ranks up there.

HHH/Rock - See above.

The list can go on and frankly speaking perhaps all of his rivals deserve the greatest title, but seeing as how I picked the HBK/HHH one, I'm sticking with it, it just had that much more than the others.

i kind of liked the fueds he had with kurt angle when stephanie was involved, but his best fueds were with hbk, because they know each other so well

Good Thread. Anyways Triple H has feuded with some of the greatest superstars to ever wrestle. Its kinda hard to say who is greatest rival was. Cuz like you said Austin vs the Rock or Kane vs Undertaker. But with Triple H, I'm going to say it was with HBK. The reason I say HBK is his greatest rival is because they've had so much history together; and if you look at their year long feud back in 02, it was brutal as hell. HHH used the sledgehammer on his longtime friend and he betrayed him.

Hard to say who HHH's main rival would be hes had some great rivalries when he was still up and coming he had some good matches with the Rock for the IC Title

THen when he became a main guy in 1999 he did some good stuff with Austin Mick Foley between 1999-2001

2002-2004 Did a feud with HBK two best friends who turn against each other with some kick ass matches in it and some for the WHC.

2004 HHH and Beniot after WMXX The Game and Beniot feuded for the WHC in the months after WM

2005 The one main feud of 2005 was the Batista one for the WHC HHH lost 3 times to Batista marking Batista as a top guy in WWE

2006 Had a min feud with Cena for the WWE Title for WM and Backlash yet dwell into DX with HBK to feud with Spirit Squad Vince and Shane and Rated RKO

2004-Present HHH and Orton since Orton became WHC in 2004 seems like at least once a year these two go for it and its a back and forth type feud

To say the best feud or rivalry HHH has been in was his 2000 feud with Mick Foley HHH the new Top Guy in WWE has some killer matches at Royale Rumble and No Way Out eventualy ending Foleys carer plus there was early matches 1997 1999 etc

It's The Rock. Most of the matches delivered. Unlike the Orton ones which are ok, but not terribly memorable. And the HBK is defined by the first match of their feud. The SummerSlam match is very good but the rest are nothing special.

Triple H's grestest rival was of course the Rock! They BOTH made each other's carrers in the WWF/E. From where they both met for the IC title on RAW (which the Rock aka Rocky Maivia won that night from HHH). Until the last time they wrestled on RAW in mid-june in 2002.

The Rock Vs. Triple H, hands down! And that's all I have to say.

At first I wanted to say Shawn Michaels, but after giving it a little more thought, I realized, there isn't much you can say about that particular feud that you couldn't say about any of the others. Face it, people will forever hate Hunter over the backstage politics and whatnot, but the man knows how to make a feud work. Sure the Orton feud has been a little meh, but I blame that on Orton being boring. When you put Hunter in a program with someone who can pull his own weight, 9 times out of 10, it will be great.

1. The Ultimate Warrior - Destroyed HHH at WrestleMania.

2. Alex Wright - Destroyed HHH in WCW.

In all seriousness though, I'd say the Rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back