Hidden Gems

SSJPhenom

The Phenom of WZ
Hello everyone. This is my new ongoing thread series called Hidden Gems. The purpose of this thread series is to examine movies or television shows that aren't really that popular but are pretty good none the less. Anyone can post there own Hidden Gem if they want to discuss one. I'll start us off....

The Last Dragon

MV5BMjE4ODQ1ODA5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNDAxOTY5._V1_SY317_CR1,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

This movie combines a lot of different genres into one. If you like blaxploitation films, comedy, action, 80's music, and 80's style then you'll love this movie.

Its about a young man who lives in Harlem circa 1980's and who is obsessed with Bruce Lee films and philosophy. His name in the movie is Leeroy Johnson Jr, however, his nickname is "Bruce Leeroy". He studies martial arts and lives and acts like a Buddhist monk. He calls himself the Last Dragon. At the beginning of the movie, his martial arts master tells him that his training is over and that he must now journey to find The Master. So throughout the movie, as he is looking for this Master, hijinks ensue. He meets a girl in trouble, saves her and of course they begin falling for each other. Also, there is this great villian in the movie called ShoNuff, The Shogun of Harlem.

This movie is actually pretty good as ridiculous as it sounds. It has great music and great action scenes. Not to mention some fairly good comedy and drama (80's style that is). If you're looking for a quick laugh and some good action, I'd recommend this movie in a heartbeat.

What do you guys think? If you've seen the movie, let me know your opinions.

Room in Rome (2010)
It doesn't seem like much when you read the synopsis or the "parents guide," but it is a beautiful, beautiful movie. And the fact that I didn't have any expectation from it, made it even sweeter. I downloaded it for the same reason as (I'm sure) many others did... but by the time we got towards the end of the movie, I didn't even care about the actresses' state of undress. With a very limited physical environment and cast, it's praiseworthy how they pulled it off. The lead actresses' acting and chemistry were also very natural, and it never puts you through an artificial or awkward moment like many other movies do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back