Help me out here...

pyrusane

Getting Noticed By Management
I've been a posting member on this forum for over a year, even though I only have 162 counted posts. I feel like, while my volume may be low, my quality has been fairly good. I am on here at least once a day, although a lot of times its just to read KB's reviews and see if there is anything I find interesting or offensive enough to post on. I have had some interesting conversations with a few people, and overall I feel like I have been worthwhile. I certainly don't feel like I've been a bad poster during my time here.

So...with all that being said, I am fairly sure that 98% of you have no clue who I am. How do I fix this without turning into a total asshat?

I've been a posting member on this forum for over a year, even though I only have 162 counted posts. I feel like, while my volume may be low, my quality has been fairly good. I am on here at least once a day, although a lot of times its just to read KB's reviews and see if there is anything I find interesting or offensive enough to post on. I have had some interesting conversations with a few people, and overall I feel like I have been worthwhile. I certainly don't feel like I've been a bad poster during my time here.

So...with all that being said, I am fairly sure that 98% of you have no clue who I am. How do I fix this without turning into a total asshat?

Start Posting in the Bar More Often.

Get into an argument with somebody. I'm bored I will do it...

Douche.

I know who you are, I like reading your posts, I'm sure i have repped you a fair bit.

Bah, my gf just broke up with me tonight, I'm in the mood for an argument.

Ya twat...

And thanks :)

Then you do a fritzel (?) and install a shower in the basement. seriously dude, next time Don't let them out.

Charlies Angels.

And if you knew what it was, you'd know I was insulting your sexual actions.

Wait...did you just compare me to a Tom Green character from a crappy movie based off of a crappy tv series from the crappy 70s?

That somehow hurts worse than my gf sneaking out of the basement...

Johnny Gold, huh? How much does a bottle of that run?

I got mine for a bill at my favorite liquor store...

To be honest though, my last bottle was a 35 dollar bottle of 12 year old Chivas Regal, and I actually enjoyed it a bit more. Maybe I just have too high of an expectation of a 100 dollar bottle of scotch that it couldn't possibly live up to it...

I was on a a website the other day researching some good vintages, and found a 63 year old Blackbow...problem was, it was 12,000 dollars...trying to convince my family and friends it would make an awesome birthday present this summer...

See, it is just so damn difficult to explain to people why Scotch is everything that is right with the world. My gf didn't get it...she would only drink tequila...fuck, I'm glad she escaped...

Conversing about scotch, aye? You guys are making me thirsty. I'd pour a glass, but I can't drive with any alcohol in my system. At all.

As long as the, err, "Jeremy Borash" scotch isn't spoken of, then it's all good. I've starting to make my own vintage Johnny Walker. Got passed down to me by my uncle and it's doing really well. Unopened for about 15 years.

Yes, indeed, there are quiet a few Scotch drinkers on these here forums. FalKon, IC, Pyru (hope you don't mind me shortening your name), Becker, etc. You'll fit in fine.

See, it is just so damn difficult to explain to people why Scotch is everything that is right with the world. My gf didn't get it...she would only drink tequila...fuck, I'm glad she escaped...

Scotty1.jpg

He seems to agree. It must be true.

I was always amazded how with alcohol the older it gets the better. So paculiar. Can anyone explain to me why that is?

There are two phases to aging Scotch. The length of time it ages in a barrel and the length of time it ages in the bottle. The important one, the one that determines the "age" of a good Scotch, is the time it spends in the barrel.

Scotch is aged in wooden barrels, and as it sits it absorbs flavors from the wood. For example, the bottle I am currently drinking contains hints of raisins, coffee, fresh malt, light cream, vanilla, honey, rich fruits, and a trace of smoke. This means every vintage of Scotch has it's own distinctive flavor, and no two Scotches will taste exactly the same, unless they were both bottled from the same barrel. The aging process is important as the longer it sits in the barrel, the more flavor is absorbed.

Once Scotch is bottled it no longer matures. The age of the Scotch is actually the number of years from when it was first distilled until it was bottled. So, for example, if my bottle was distilled in 1985 and bottled in 2003, it is considered an 18 year old Scotch, even though it was distilled 25 years ago.

The reason that so many older Scotches demand such a high price has more to do with rarity than anything else. For example, the Black Bowmore I referenced earlier was distilled in the 1920s and bottled in the 1980s. It is a 63 year old Scotch, and is very rare due to its age. Since every vintage has a distinct flavor (even more distinct when you talk about blended malts) buying an older Scotch like that represents a limited opportunity to experience a flavor that will likely never be duplicated.

And finally, by Scottish law, for a whiskey to be called a Scotch it must contain a minimum of 40% abv, so no matter what vintage you get, if you drink enough it will fuck you up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back