Heel Shawn Michaels 2002 - 2010

Cvaldezjr04

Occasional Pre-Show
Ok, now I was just watching this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=B7DOcHRgQMo

I gotta admit, it reminded me of Shawn Michaels of 1997. He drew so much heat that night in Montreal in 2005 talking about Bret Hart and actually teasing the fans by having Bret Hart's music played...CLASSIC! and he was also preparing for his match with Hogan at Summerslam, this video got me thinking...

1st Question....Could Shawn Michaels have been a legitimate heel in his 2nd run (2002 - 2010). I know when he first came back in June or July of 2002 he was trying to be a heel by being with the nwo....that don't count, I'm talking when he started actually competing again.

2nd Question....If so, was this (2005) the perfect time to have him be a heel for a while?

3rd Question....Paint your scenario of how you would have played him as a heel

Absolutely Shawn Micheals could have been a top heel. When he first turned his back on Marty Janetti it made him rise to new heights of awareness cause of how popular the rockers were as a team and that made his heel turn noticed and a sexy bad boy is always cooler than a good one so it was the foundation for the rest of his career. When he double crossed Hogan it brought back that shawn micheals we all loved to hate back in the early 90's just for a little while to get most of the fans on Hogans side and by god did it work.

I'd just keep doing that with HBK and continue on in that vein. You'd get him to become friends with someone and then stab them in the back for his own personal gain. He's so good at promos and he'd be pretty convincing building peoples trust, helping them and asking for more chances promising he was a changed man and then when everyone least expects it he blindsides them. I'd just get him to do this over and over till he reaches the top cause after all thats what made him the "heart break kid".

The only way HBK could have played heel is if he was a bitter mean man. It's just with his beliefs what he could and would do was limited. I enjoyed his second run sooooo much because he showed that he was still the best despite being put out for five years.Those few times where he went heel for a month or two were the best because I would see hazy shades of the HBK that ruled the 90's. Basically I think he flopped back and forth because he wanted to prove that he could still play the heel role and draw heat.

1. Yes, not only legitimate but amazing, IF we allowed him self to push the envelope - but this would have been limited by his new found religion. Remember, what made HBK an awesome heel was that not only was he bad, he was down right nasty, and he could pull off doing that while looking cool at the same time.

2. HBK leading in place of Orton in Legacy, the way HBK played a heel would have brought out more from Rhodes and Ted, would have made them more interesting too instead of the one dimensional characters they were. Legacy was Orton and this lil b****es, With HBK the other two would have really developed.

3.He starts DX anew with Rhodes and Ted Jr.

What I wouldn't give to have seen HBK have one more solid heel run before his retirement, but I guess it was not to be.

that was awesome, i just wish they kept him heel after his match with hogan, i really wanted an hbk vs hhh match with him being the heel, keeping him heel for a year would have been great, and i agree him leading a young faction, would have been great also

I'm one of the few people out there that prefer Michaels as a heel vs a face, even though he's very good at both. When he's cocky and arrogant, he simply is at his best and I think he could've used his real-life Christianity to play an arrogant preacher who tries to convert everybody else to his lifestyle. He could also talk about how he's been wrestling for years and how he's more experienced than everybody else so that makes him better than everybody else, and that way he could've put over even more guys than he already did during his time in the 21st century. I wish he did all of this, but instead they made him be virtually the same character for 8 straight years (minus the time he turned heel to face Hulk)

By the time HBK came back for his second stint he was humbled alot!! I dont think his heel run would have worked he wasnt cocky like before and didnt think he was above the company like before!! He found GOD which is awesome on his part:worship: and went through the lifes hell as we all go through!! Wasnt he only supposed to be back for that one match only but it turned into a 8 year marathon which i enjoyed alot!! HBK is the best of all time thank you sir:worship:. His heel run would have not worked couldnt have worked and i am glad they didnt even think about it

Of Course HBK could have played a heel when he returned, silly thread. The fact remains Shawn Michaels found God or whatever whilst on the shelf and he point blank refused to do anything on screen that would compromise his religious views. The 2005 feud with Hogan aside, somebody had to be heel and everything HBK spoke of in those promos were truth, thus he wasnt being a heel, hell the crowd cheered him thru that feud. Any wrestler who burys Bret Hart in Canada is gog to come off like a major heel, HBK was obviously the person to get out there to stir the pot.

I don't think it would've worked for two reasons, one, as someone mentioned already his religious beliefs were strongly advertised during and since his return. It wouldn't have made much sense for him to be the dastardly, degenerate, cocky and obnoxious heel that he once was, even though I and I'm sure a lot of others would've loved it. The other thing is that I have serious doubts any one would've booed him. For the most part everyone loves/loved Shawn... Much like Triple H ended up becoming, I just think it's impossible for a performer so awesome to be booed it just doesn't make sense.

Shawn Michaels could have been a heel for part of his second run in WWE. They set him up for a turn in a great way during the Hogan angle in summer 2005 and he could have remained a heel after that. An earlier feud with John Cena for the WWE Championship could have been a good option if Michaels was a heel. A sarcastic heel would have been good route for how he would have been portrayed. Michaels would have mocked Cena constantly and not take him seriously, bringing out those loud intense angry promos from Cena we are all so used to now. If Michaels had put Cena over in a feud like this early on then it would have been good for him because he was still fairly new as the top guy at the time. He inevitably would still have turned back to a face though whether it had been for the DX reunion or his return in 2007 to feud with Orton. I'd have kept him a face from that moment on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back