Having Kids

Pole Smoker

Pre-Show Stalwart
I've been thinking about what it would be like to have kids and whether or not I would want to. I would like to have them but I can't stop thinking about what kind of world I would be bringing them into. I think this because there's so many problems in the world today and the future looks even worse. In the future the world will be faced with problems such as overpopulation and lack of resources. These two things will more than likely lead to big wars. How long is it before WW3.

Also people are becoming more and more corrupt and evil. There's so many news stories these days about violence, raping, vandalism, etc. The future looks to be a terrible place. Not to mention the fact that kids these days are raised terribly. Divorces and family disputes cause more children to become thugs. Imagine how the kids of today will raise theirs.

Also these days it's so hard to find a woman who I'd actually have kids with. Marriage is a sham these days with I think over 50% ending in divorce. I personally would only get married/serious relationship to have kids but then that leads to more problems.

Also the world is so up tight now. You can be accused of racism for the simplest things and even small things like scenes being cut out of Tom and Jerry for being too violent or apparently racist. Teens say their depressed and stuff these days when they've got nothing to be depressed about. They're spoiled brats.

end of rant.

Do you think the next generation of kids will have a terrible life or a good one?

Will you have kids?

Do you disagree or agree with my opinions on the future world?

Before I even consider having children, I need to live my life to the fullest and be happily married with someone who I want to be with till I die. Until those two things happen, never. The idea of being a father scares the living hell out of me because I'm simply not ready to have that sort of commitment in my life. My best friend is a father and it amazes me how he is so damn calm and collected about it. If I became a teenage father, I'd rather die first.

Is this thread about wanting to have kids or our opinions on the world? I'm guessing it's about having kids.

Yes, I want kids one day. But not now. I'm only 20 (turn 21 in exactly 2 months, very excited). But I want to make the best of what I have now. Freedom. No girl is holding me down, no kids. I can hang out with whoever I want, go wherever I want. I want to get this fun out before having to settle down. Of course I want lineage.

If I have a son, he will be a quarterback and I will be extremely proud when he decides to sign with WWE instead of going to the NFL.

If I have a daughter, I will be polishing my shotgun every time she brings a guy home.

The thread is about are you having kids and if you think the future will give them bad lives. I should have mad it clearer sorry.

Unless something catastrophic happens within the next two and a half years, I'll definitely be having a kid around that time. I used to be opposed to the idea of having children because I never thought I'd get married (I absolutely loathe the way we treat the institution of marriage in Western society, but that's a story for another time), but I'm married now and my wife has made it clear that a child is non-negotiable as soon as I receive my JD.

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to having a child with her. I used to not want to get married (and thus have children) precisely because almost everyone in the US equates a healthy, happy marriage with a great, interesting sex life and a financially secure lifestyle (having both of these expectations when you get married is probably the dumbest thing you can ever do). Fortunately for me, she's pretty much paying my way through law school and thus giving me the opportunity to flourish in my professional life.

Sorry for going on a disjointed tangent here, but I'll break down the gist of this post for you here. I never pictured myself having kids because all statistics point to the fact that I probably wouldn't be able to raise them fully with the woman that I had them with. Not only would I not be able to see my children every day, but I'd also have to stay in contact with a woman that in all probability would hate me or that I would hate. Seriously, what do most marriages give you besides great memories that are forever tainted by a horrible end to things? Fortunately for me, even if my marriage eventually ends, I'll forever be indebted to my wife for giving me the chance to challenge myself and to get a degree for a profession that I've always dreamed of being a part of.

Yeah, this post makes a ton of points irrelevant to the thread, but I'm keeping it here so I can read it tomorrow to make sure I've vented my frustrations and articulated my thoughts properly. If you don't want to read all of this, here are my short answers to the questions posed:

Do you think the next generation of kids will have a terrible life or a good one?

Some will have a good life, some will have a terrible life.

Will you have kids?

Yes.

Sure.

A lot of women dream of one day being a mother and a wife and there's nothing wrong with that. To me, neither of those things are necessary in leading my own happy and successful life. I devote 110% of my time to building my career and honestly, everything else is secondary to me.

That being said, will I have kids? I don't want to. I've never pictured myself as a mother and I've never had the desire to raise children. Ever. It's just not a priority in my life and I don't really see it ever being one. I got into an argument with my mom awhile ago when I mentioned that I didn't see myself ever being a mother. She freaked out and said, "What's the point of living if you aren't going to have kids?" I'll drop dead now if that's the reason I'm on this Earth. It's certainly not the reason I get up in the morning.

I don't want to make it seem like I think kids are the most dreadful thing in the world. They obviously aren't. I admire mothers who are really passionate about raising their kids and making sure that they have as many doors open to them as possible. It's also possible (even though I'm the most stubborn person ever) I could change my mind as I get older or if "the right man" comes around or whatever. That remains to be seen.

That all depends, doesn't it? I think with most of the resources available to us in our day and age, most kids are capable of having a pretty good life. But that all varies from family to family depending on income, environment, relationships, etc. Some will have a lot of opportunities, some won't.

That's very hard to say. I wish I could see into the future. In my opinion, it's all up to you and what you teach your kids. To some in this day and age, living without internet or a cell phone is hell. It depends on what you teach them and how they grow on that. I can't say for sure, but you shouldn't be swayed by todays events. That didn't stop people during the first 2 World Wars, it shouldn't now.

Will you have kids?

You betcha. It almost feels like an obligation seeing how from my fathers side, I'm my grandparent's only grandson. Can't let the family name day.

I gotta disagree. We aren't at war, and I hardly see one coming right now. The economy may be bad, but for one, it's been worse and not everywhere is as bad as the U.S. Crime is everywhere and always has been. We see it now more than before mostly because of the evolution of the media. Not much to hide nowadays so we hear more.

That's very hard to say. I wish I could see into the future. In my opinion, it's all up to you and what you teach your kids. To some in this day and age, living without internet or a cell phone is hell. It depends on what you teach them and how they grow on that. I can't say for sure, but you shouldn't be swayed by todays events. That didn't stop people during the first 2 World Wars, it shouldn't now.

Will you have kids?

You betcha. It almost feels like an obligation seeing how from my fathers side, I'm my grandparent's only grandson. Can't let the family name day.

I gotta disagree. We aren't at war, and I hardly see one coming right now. The economy may be bad, but for one, it's been worse and not everywhere is as bad as the U.S. Crime is everywhere and always has been. We see it now more than before mostly because of the evolution of the media. Not much to hide nowadays so we hear more.

I know what you mean here. Continuing the name is one of my main reasons to have them.

Also I think the next generation could have a good life at first but by the time their 30 or 40 I'm not so sure. 9 billion people (estimated 2050 number) is an awful lot and could lead to porblems.

I have a nine month old baby girl and as perfect as she is in my eyes, I constantly will tell anyone who listens DO NOT have a kid unless you are 100% ready to have a kid.

It doesn't matter if you are with someone who wants a child and you are unsure or just down right do not one, if there is any doubt or hesitation you are much better off waiting until you know for sure and are prepared to bring a child into this world.

As for the future world, ultimately it is up to you to protect your family, warn them of the dangers that exist and educate them on morals and proper decisions. I believe if you do that, then there is nothing in this world that your family would not be able to handle.

We cannot possibly predict if the next generation of kids will have a good or terrible life. That is for time to tell and not for us to know. What we can do is try to be the best type of person we can be and act as a good role model for the younger crowd who look up to us. I do not personally plan on having kids anytime soon because of financial issues. I cannot support a family right now, thus I am in no position to have children yet. If I do in the future I would try my hardest to be a good father and role model for them, teaching them values I believe in and being there for them unlike my own parents who are extremely judgmental and selfish.

I don't ever plan to have kids or get married as a matter of fact (that's for another thread) but I just don't want to find myself one wakeing up at 8am one day after 2 hours sleep going to work and then coming home at 5pm only to do what would seem like more work by changing nappies etc

And also there is the Financial burden, my ultimate goal in life is to travel to every country in world before I die and if I were to have any kids I don't belive I would be able to achieve that goal.

I thik it all depends how there raised and what ever governments we have in place, I think this generation is like any other generation if there raised up well they will have a good life, if not then they will have a bad life

Again it depends on future governments I think more and more countries will take a leap out of China's book and enforce a 1 Child per Family rule to control over population

I have a nine month old baby girl and as perfect as she is in my eyes, I constantly will tell anyone who listens DO NOT have a kid unless you are 100% ready to have a kid.

This. I myself have a 2 month old baby girl as well as my girls near 3 year old boy from a previous relationship(he's my son, whether biological or not. His father is a piece of shit who bailed and has never bothered to see him his whole life.) Now when I got with my girl, her boy had just turned 2 years old and while it's not exactly a walk in the park, it doesn't compare to how hard it is to raise a baby. For me, it's just how delicate they are and how scared I am of accidentally hurting her or something stupid like that. I've never fucked up or anything, but the mental anguish is exhausting.

Luckily for me, I have a woman who knows what she is doing. If I were to have had a chick who bailed and left me to raise the child on my own, I would be so fucked. So I would say it's really in the best interest of the child if you were to wait until you have a partner that you are confident is strong enough to stay by your side. The last thing you want to half ass is raising a child.

As for the other stuff, look, the world isn't as bad as it's made out to be on the news. In fact, I have never witnessed a rape in my life but the news would have you believing that there are rapes on every street corner. If you're a good parent and you do everything you can to keep your child out of harm's way, you'll have a much higher success rate of keeping your child safe. That's not to say that nothing could happen because there are some fucking nutty people in this world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back