'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan: Worthy or Not?

Does 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan deserve to be in the Hall of Fame?

• Yes. He was a great wrestler.

• No. He didn't do anything worth getting in.

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
wwf6.jpg

Ireland, Italy, Japan, Poland, Scotland, Spain, Switzerland and Wales.

Duggan was signed to the World Wrestling Federation, in January 1987, making his first major appearance with the WWF at WrestleMania III, where he made his pay-per-view debut. In the weeks preceding WrestleMania, Duggan began his first WWF feud with Nikolai Volkoff. At the event, he ran to ringside prior to a match between The Killer Bees and the Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff and interrupted Volkoff's pre-match singing of the Russian national anthem. Duggan had previously done this on TV matches leading up to the event. Although he did not win any major titles in the promotion, for seven years, he was a consistent fan favorite with his patriotic gimmick. His character was mainly comical, as he rarely was in major contention for titles. His first major WWF match was at the first-ever Survivor Series PPV in 1987, when he participated in the first Survivor Series match and was a member of the winning team.

Duggan participated in the first-ever Royal Rumble match in 1988, where he was entrant #13. He won the match (which consisted only of 20 men) after he last eliminated One Man Gang thus making history as the first-ever Royal Rumble winner and receiving a push. He then started a feud with King Harley Race, whom Duggan defeated several times in both televised and non-televised shows. At WrestleMania IV, he participated in a 14-man tournament for the vacant WWF Championship, where he lost to Ted DiBiase in the first round after interference from André the Giant. Duggan and André started a feud with each other, and attacked each other several times. André interfered in Duggan's match against Hercules on the April 30 edition of Saturday Night's Main Event. Duggan also claimed to be the only wrestler who knocked out André in a WWF ring. Duggan earned a shot at the WWF Intercontinental Championship against The Honky Tonk Man in July 1988, but Honky Tonk got himself disqualified, thus retaining the title.

Duggan proved that he was an American patriot by feuding with several foreign heels in the fall of 1988. He got involved in a feud with Dino Bravo, and the two were on opposing sides as Jake "The Snake"'s team fought André the Giant's at Survivor Series 1988. Duggan was disqualified after he used his 2x4 on Bravo. Duggan's team eventually lost the match. His next feud was with Russian Boris Zhukov, whom he defeated in a flag match on the November 26 edition of Saturday Night's Main Event. He restarted his feud with Dino Bravo, and at Royal Rumble 1989, Duggan and The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) defeated Bravo and The Fabulous Rougeaus (Jacques and Raymond) in a two out of three falls match. He was involved in a brutal rivalry with Bad News Brown, which culminated in a match at WrestleMania V where both men fought to a no contest.

In mid-1989, he started a feud with King Haku, who was given the crown and robe by Harley Race, who had departed from the WWF. Duggan defeated Haku to win the crown and earn the title of "King of Wrestling". On the May 25 edition of Saturday Night's Main Event, Duggan earned a shot at the Intercontinental Championship against "Ravishing" Rick Rude. Duggan won the match by countout, and Rude retained the title, as a title cannot change hands via countout or disqualification. At SummerSlam, Duggan teamed up with Demolition (Ax and Smash) in a six-man tag team match and defeated André the Giant and the Twin Towers (Akeem and Big Bossman)

He eventually lost his crown to "Macho Man" Randy Savage who began calling himself "Macho King" and started a feud with Savage. At Survivor Series, he captained a team dubbed "4x4" against Savage's team, "The King's Court". Duggan's team went on to lose the match. Duggan started a feud with Big Bossman in the fall of 1989, which culminated in a match at Royal Rumble 1990, which Duggan won by disqualification. He faced his former rival, Randy Savage again on the January 27 edition of Saturday Night's Main Event. Duggan faced another former rival, Dino Bravo at WrestleMania VI and went on to win the match. He began teaming with his former rival, Nikolai Volkoff and started a feud with The Orient Express (Tanaka and Sato), whom they beat at SummerSlam. At Survivor Series, he competed on the Hulkamaniacs team captained by Hulk Hogan. Duggan was eliminated but the Hulkamaniacs went on to win the match. At Royal Rumble 1991, he participated in the Royal Rumble match, but was eliminated by Mr. Perfect. He began a short feud with WWF Champion Sgt. Slaughter and faced Slaughter for the title on the February 1 edition of The Main Event. Slaughter retained the title by getting himself disqualified.

Duggan also served as commentator for the opening match at WrestleMania VII. On the April 27 edition of Saturday Night's Main Event, he participated in a battle royal, won by Intercontinental Champion Mr. Perfect. In late 1991, he patched up things with Sgt. Slaughter, who had turned babyface, and the pair formed a tag team. At Survivor Series, he fought with Slaughter, the Texas Tornado, and Tito Santana in an elimination match and their team went on to win the match. At Royal Rumble 1992, he participated in the Royal Rumble match, which was for the vacant WWF Championship. Ric Flair went on to win the match. On the February 8 edition of Saturday Night's Main Event, Duggan and Slaughter defeated the Beverly Brothers (Blake and Beau). At WrestleMania VIII, he teamed up with Virgil, Sgt. Slaughter, and Big Bossman against The Nasty Boys (Jerry Sags and Brian Knobbs), The Mountie, and Repo Man. Slaughter eventually left active wrestling and Duggan continued to pursue his singles career again.

In mid-1992, Duggan was moved to undercard status and was often used in feuds of other wrestlers. In early 1993, he was involved in a feud with the then near 600 pound Yokozuna, who was the #1 contender to the WWF Championship. Manager Mr. Fuji was bad mouthing America and Duggan challenged his protégé to a match. No one at the time had knocked Yokozuna off his feet, and the stipulations to the match were if Duggan knocked Yokozuna off his feet, Duggan would win. On the February 6 edition of Superstars, Duggan won the match after knocking Yokozuna down completely and then was manhandled by the much bigger Yokozuna after the match. Yokozuna gave him about four more Banzai Drops, sidelining Duggan for about four months.

Duggan returned with a new singlet style wrestling attire, and challenged then-Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels for the title on the May 3 edition of Monday Night Raw. Michaels ran through the crowd, and retained the title by countout. They had a rematch the following week in a Lumberjack match but Michaels retained the title again by disqualifying himself. At King of the Ring, he wrestled in the King of the Ring tournament, but lost in the first round to Bam Bam Bigelow. Shortly afterwards, Duggan left the WWF.

Duggan signed a contract with World Championship Wrestling (WCW) in late 1994. He debuted in WCW at Fall Brawl 1994: WarGames, where he defeated Steve Austin in thirty-five seconds to win the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship, to show his respect was to the United States. After becoming champion, he quickly started a feud with Austin, and eventually defeated him in a title rematch at Halloween Havoc by disqualification. The two had a second title rematch on the November 16 edition of Clash of the Champions, where Duggan retained the title again by disqualification. Duggan's reign ended at Starrcade 1994: Triple Threat, where he was defeated by Vader.

Duggan's career at that point turned to him becoming the Saturday Night 'Guy' as he was subjected to wrestling on W.C.W.'s Saturday night show, even long after they brought in Nitro. Duggan would have several feuds on Saturday night with the likes of; Bunkhouse Buck, Meng, Sgt. Craig Pittman, Big Bubba Rogers, Kamala, and the Blue Bloods lead by Lord Steven Regal. He also had a brief run as Television Champion during the end of the 90's, but he unofficially crowned himself the Champion after finding it in the trash. With Duggan's career pretty much wrapped up and closed, he signed a Legend's deal with the W.W.E. and has been wrestling with them up until this point to help put over other talent. His list of accomplishments and Championships (according to Wiki) are as follows:

International Wrestling Association of Japan
IWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

International Wrestling Cartel
IWC Tag Team Championship (1 time)[88] - with Scottie Gash

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI ranked him # 157 of the 500 best singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003.

Texas All-Star Wrestling
Texas All-Star Wrestling Championship (1 time)

Mid-South Wrestling Association | Universal Wrestling Federation
Mid-South Louisiana Championship (1 time)
Mid-South North American Championship (1 time)
Mid-South Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Magnum T.A.
UWF World Tag Team Championship (1 time) - with Terry Taylor

World Championship Wrestling
WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WCW World Television Championship (1 time)

World Wide Wrestling Alliance
WWWA United States Championship (1 time)

World Wrestling Federation
WWF Royal Rumble (1988)
Slammy Award for Greatest Hit (1987)
Slammy Award for Best Vocal Performance (1987)

Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards
Most Improved Wrestler (1982)
Feud of the Year (1985) vs. Ted DiBiase

Hacksaw Jim Duggan: While in today's company, and with most of today's fans they might not understand just how important of a mid-carder Jim Duggan was to the company. He never won any major Championship, but did become the first-ever Royal Rumble winner.

He had several major feuds, and was the proud American. He was the guy that regardless of his talent, abilities, or accomplishments, everyone wanted to see because of who he was. They rallied behind him, and he was the end-all, be-all to a fan-favorite from that era in time.

I personally don't believe Jim Duggan belongs in the Hall of Fame because he hasn't done enough to earn that spot. I understand that he's one of the oldest wrestlers to still be competing, but that isn't exactly a good thing. I get that he won the first-ever Royal Rumble, and that's a great accomplishment, but I don't think it'd be good enough. Duggan's feuds with several high-powered names are also to be noted, but in most of those feuds.. you have to take into account on whether he won, or lost to put them over? My guess would be the latter. What are your thoughts and opinion on Jim Duggan being a Hall of Fame inductee? Worthy or Not?

I would say he doesn't belong, but I could easily see him getting in. he was at WM 3 for crying out loud, and is still somehow I guess active today. He won the Rumble in name only as it was just 20 back then, but other than that he didn't do much. If anyone ever gets in on their name alone it's this man right here. He won the US title in WCW from Steve Austin, but that's his biggest accomplishmentother than the Rumble. He just was always there but never did much. He might get in just for nostalgia, but he doesn't belong in, at least not to me.

As fun as Duggan was he does not deserve to be in the HoF.

While greatly popular in the WWF with his flag waving and his 'Hoo!!', he never the less didn't do anything to really set him apart from the pack. A god in the Mid South area, even his accomplishments there fail to raise him to HoF status. No real memorable fueds, no outstanding title reigns, just not Hall worthy.

the reason for this reply is only becouse i hate bandwagons.

What's more patriotic then Hacksaw Jim Duggin and his 2x4? Nothing, thats what. Hacksaw Jim Duggin should be inducted into the HOF this year. why?

Becouse he might not be a big name like Austin, Hulk, The Rock ect.. but he is one of the veterans that no matter what will get a response just by seeing his face. he gets cheared by the fans more then half of the WWE roster.

While he hasn't done many History grabbing highrating fueds or matches one thing he has done is dedication to the Wrestling buisness. he is one of the longest wrestling wrestlers in the WWE, and even the world. He hasnt been in any drama's hasnt bitched about being jobbed out, infact some may even say he loves putting young people over.

Jim for HOF 09.

I would put him in without question. He doesn't have a lot of credentials like a lot of other names in this "Hall of Fame Worthy" discussion thing, but he still has just enough to make his induction worthy (like being the first man to win the Royal Rumble).

The reason I think he should go in is because even though he was never World Champion in the big two or anything of that matter, the guy has ALWAYS been super over with the audience. The fans love him. He's just a loveable guy. Not to mention, he's a good worker, too. Watch some of his UWF stuff. He was by far their biggest star at one point in time and the guy had plenty of solid matches/feuds in that company. Then, you add on to the fact on how WWE and WCW fans always stuck with him throughout his career no matter how long he went absent... the guy just is a Hall of Famer, no fucking doubt about it.

Definitely no, he doesnt have the credentials in my book. He was never IC champ or WWE champ. He was never in the main event scene either. Basically all he is known for was carrying around a 2 x 4 and yelling "ho" and maybe winning the first Royal Rumble. Basically when it boils down to it a career mid carder(at best) does not deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

Duggan belongs just as much as anyone else. He's always been over, and he's well known. There's no reason not to add him. He's hardly going to be the star attraction. But the HOF should be like a wrestling show, you need somebody to get the people in attendance going, and Duggan could do that.

Definitely no, he doesnt have the credentials in my book. He was never IC champ or WWE champ.

Two names, Jake ''The Snake'' Roberts & Jimmy Snuka.

He was never in the main event scene either.

Other than being involved in the WWF Championship match at WrestleMania 4 & teaming with Hogan at a Survivor Series event.

Basically all he is known for was carrying around a 2 x 4 and yelling "ho" and maybe winning the first Royal Rumble.

''Big'' John Studd is in the Hall Of Fame for less then.

Basically when it boils down to it a career mid carder(at best) does not deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

Almost everybody is a career mid carder in WWE from his era. There weren't many spaces on top, certainly not for faces.

Take notice how most of the time he was never pinned, he often got himself disqualified. Mostly because WWE didn't want to diminish his aura. The same can't be said for 2007's main HOF draw, Dusty Rhodes.

Duggan belongs just as much as anyone else. He's always been over, and he's well known. There's no reason not to add him. He's hardly going to be the star attraction. But the HOF should be like a wrestling show, you need somebody to get the people in attendance going, and Duggan could do that.

If you want to use that philosophy than sure he could get in cause he was over but then again almost everybody was over in the 80s. And if you want to use the philosophy "well he did more than this guy thats in" then you could put him in for that too. But I dont like either of those philosophies, the question asked does he deserve to be in. Some of the other HOFs that he compares to dont deserve to be in for the same reason why I dont think Duggan deserves to be in and that is he simply lacked the credentials. Just because he was over in a period where everybody was isnt enough in my eyes. When I think of Jim Duggan I certainly dont think Hall of Famer.

If you want to use that philosophy than sure he could get in cause he was over but then again almost everybody was over in the 80s. And if you want to use the philosophy "well he did more than this guy thats in" then you could put him in for that too. But I dont like either of those philosophies, the question asked does he deserve to be in. Some of the other HOFs that he compares to dont deserve to be in for the same reason why I dont think Duggan deserves to be in and that is he simply lacked the credentials. Just because he was over in a period where everybody was isnt enough in my eyes. When I think of Jim Duggan I certainly dont think Hall of Famer.

But Jim Duggan is still over now, in an era when everybody has to work to be over. ''Hooo'' is still chanted, I'm sure plenty of people still buy foam 2x4's if they're still produced.

I can't remember who said it, but Duggan is still a valuable asset, even if it's just for house shows. He get's people into worthless matches. Which is more than half the people on the current roster can do.

But Jim Duggan is still over now, in an era when everybody has to work to be over. ''Hooo'' is still chanted, I'm sure plenty of people still buy foam 2x4's if they're still produced.

True, but how much of that can you contribute to Duggan actually being good or it just simply being the nostalgia factor? It seems like anytime WWE brings out these "Legends" they get massive pops because these are the guys that alot of the fans grew up watching. Obviously I have no way of proving this but I would almost bet that you can bring out most wrestlers from that era and they would get a pop. Hell say a team like the Bushwackers made a return and competed in the tag division I would bet they would even get a huge pop and people would cheer for the to win the belts.

True, but how much of that can you contribute to Duggan actually being good or it just simply being the nostalgia factor?

Most of the Hall Of Fame is based around the nostalgia factor.

It seems like anytime WWE brings out these "Legends" they get massive pops because these are the guys that alot of the fans grew up watching.

But people like I.R.S., Ted Dibiase & Repo Man don't appear week in and out like Duggan does. He constantly get's a solid responce, which is more than Knox, Burchill & Kozlov get.

Hell say a team like the Bushwackers made a return and competed in the tag division I would bet they would even get a huge pop and people would cheer for the to win the belts.

When Nick Bockwinkel was inducted he got one of the smallest reactions of the night. Jim Duggan wouldn't. People would cheer and be entertained by him. Which I think is the point of the event.

After all, half of them are shown on WWE.com anyway.

So because Cryme tyme are over with teh crowd and lots of people know them, should they get in the HOF as well? OH and Kane who you think is bad for a big guy. He was so over with the crowd at one point in his career. Should he be in it. No. Just because they are over doesn't and is well known doesn't mean they should be in the HOF.

Anyways i believe he shouldn't be in the HOF. I mean he wasn't that good in the ring. His gimmick was always the same and it just got boring in the end. He didn't do anything that spectacular. While he did win the first ever RR and was really over as a face what was so good about him. He did nothing that spectacular of what I have seen with him. I really felt he should of sticked to the lower midcard of the WWE.

So because Cryme tyme are over with teh crowd and lots of people know them, should they get in the HOF as well?

Depends what they go on to do in wrestling. But at the rate that WWE put people into their Hall Of Fame, I'm sure 2026 can't come soon enough for JTG & Shad.

OH and Kane who you think is bad for a big guy. He was so over with the crowd at one point in his career. Should he be in it. No. Just because they are over doesn't and is well known doesn't mean they should be in the HOF.

Of course Kane should be in. He was involved in one of the biggest feuds during one of the biggest era's of wrestling.

Anyways i believe he shouldn't be in the HOF. I mean he wasn't that good in the ring.

[youtube]rho5U_HN2Hc[/youtube]

He was a very good brawler.

His gimmick was always the same and it just got boring in the end.

So you bemoan about a guy who never needed to change his gimmick? Not many wrestlers have stayed the sam for neary 30 years.

He didn't do anything that spectacular.

Neither do a lot of people in the sport.

While he did win the first ever RR and was really over as a face what was so good about him. He did nothing that spectacular of what I have seen with him. I really felt he should of sticked to the lower midcard of the WWE.

I'm sure Jim Duggan had a carrer before WWE, in fact I know he did. When Vince bought in loads of wrestlers from different territories he had to put each of them somewhere on the card. They either went to the top, middle or bottom. Unlike most Duggan was very high up the card, so for somebody who apparently wasn't that great people within WWE sure had a high opinion of him. Certainly where they had plenty of other people they could push.

Depends what they go on to do in wrestling. But at the rate that WWE put people into their Hall Of Fame, I'm sure 2026 can't come soon enough for JTG & Shad.
:lmao:

Of course Kane should be in. He was involved in one of the biggest feuds during one of the biggest era's of wrestling. .
Yeah i guess. I was trying to prove a point but you beat me.

[youtube]rho5U_HN2Hc[/youtube]

He was a very good brawler..
I don't know about that. I mean He looks good there but he couldn't do that every night. Well lets jsut say he wasn't as consitent as what he should be doing. It isn't that hard.

So you bemoan about a guy who never needed to change his gimmick? Not many wrestlers have stayed the sam for neary 30 years. .

Yeah but it's just got old and boring. Some peoples are alright like Hogans and Takers but Hackshaws wasn't good enough to be going for 30 years i believe.

I'm sure Jim Duggan had a carrer before WWE, in fact I know he did. When Vince bought in loads of wrestlers from different territories he had to put each of them somewhere on the card. They either went to the top, middle or bottom. Unlike most Duggan was very high up the card, so for somebody who apparently wasn't that great people within WWE sure had a high opinion of him. Certainly where they had plenty of other people they could push.
But was he anything in his career before WWE. LIke did any one know about him as much as they did when he got to WWE. Also Vince puts any one in the main event or high on the card. Look at what he does now.

I don't know about that. I mean He looks good there but he couldn't do that every night. Well lets jsut say he wasn't as consitent as what he should be doing. It isn't that hard.

I'm sure he went out and did exactly the same in that match each and every night. Most wrestlers from that time had to I believe. He was probably the Ric Flair/Harly Race of his particular territory.

Yeah but it's just got old and boring. Some peoples are alright like Hogans and Takers but Hackshaws wasn't good enough to be going for 30 years i believe.

While most former wrestlers like Bob Orton & Ken Pantera are driving trucks for a living, Duggan is still a TV star. I doubt many wrestlers thought their careers would have ended after 15 years and they'd then have to move into a different field. Duggan is probably working for WWE twice a week and making plenty of money at it.

Don't point out that he should have saved his money in the 80's and retired, I hate it if people do stuff like that.:icon_mrgreen:

But was he anything in his career before WWE. LIke did any one know about him as much as they did when he got to WWE.

I'm sure somebody could confirm that he was know in some capacity before he went to WWE. He's facing Ted Dibiase and get's a beat down by the Road Warriors in that match I posted, which wouldn't happen if he was a nobody.

Also Vince puts any one in the main event or high on the card. Look at what he does now.

There's a slight difference between the 80's & 00's.

Why shouldn't Duggan get put into HOF? They put average guys in the HOF like Orton and Piper, guys who can't claim to have won ANY Royal Rumble. Pretty much every guy who has won the Rumble has been viewed as deserving to be in HOF (with the exception of maybe Luger, Rey Mysterio and Batista).

Ok, Jim Duggan has never won anything really worthwhile and is currently nothing more than a jobber with name value, but he's stayed over for so long despite this. At the end of the day, if Piper can get in for being over as a heel, why can't Duggan for being a face

if Piper can get in for being over as a heel, why can't Duggan for being a face

Piper main evented Wrestlemania and feuded with Hogan, not to mention was one of if not the top heel in the WWE in the mid 80s, he also had a great match at WM8 for the IC title. Them things alone are more than anything Duggan has done or can say.

I'm sure somebody could confirm that he was know in some capacity before he went to WWE. He's facing Ted Dibiase and get's a beat down by the Road Warriors in that match I posted, which wouldn't happen if he was a nobody.

He was definitely huge before going to McMahon.

Being from Louisiana, I can confirm that Duggan was hugely over in this territory. It could be said he was here to what the Von Erichs were to Dallas or what Eddie Graham was to Florida. That’s how over he was. The only person, who wasn't a national star like Flair or Andre, who I would say was more over then Duggan was the Junkyard Dog, but that's it. If you don't believe me, just watch the tapes. Hell, "Best Of's" of the Mid-South/UWF just started coming out last year. And even ESPN Classic shows old UWF episodes from time to time (not as much as they show the AWA, but if you check the monthly showings on that channel, you will be able to catch a few episodes). See for yourself.

I say he belongs in.

He did win the first Royal Rumble, and has always been a fan favorite. I'm positive that at one point in his career, "Hooooooo!" was a more popular catchphrase than "Whooooo!". I'm never going to say he was bigger than Flair, but the fans always loved Duggan. He was a great brawler, and paved the way for mid-carders of today.

I say he belongs in.

He did win the first Royal Rumble, and has always been a fan favorite. I'm positive that at one point in his career, "Hooooooo!" was a more popular catchphrase than "Whooooo!". I'm never going to say he was bigger than Flair, but the fans always loved Duggan. He was a great brawler, and paved the way for mid-carders of today.

OMG!!!!! You say he is worthy but Eddie is not. Of course he was a good brawler ( most nights) but Eddie will always be better than duggan. Duggan may have had it harder with people like Flair and Hogan but that doesn't mean he still couldn't of been one of the best of all time. Frankly he was a brawler but so many people are being turned into brawlers. Unlike Duggan, Eddie could do it all.

Nooooooooooooooo. Okay, that was bad, but I stand by it. I love me some Hacksaw Jim Duggan, but in reality, he was a clown. I'm against the likes of George Steele and Eugene sniffing the Hall of Fame, so in that same type of character, I have to say no.

Yes, Duggan is probalby under rated, but his list of credentials isn't exactly mind blowing. A rumble win, and a run with the us title, not too impressive, considering the Royal Rumble wasn't the royal Rumble we all know and love.

Nooooooooooooooo. Okay, that was bad, but I stand by it. I love me some Hacksaw Jim Duggan, but in reality, he was a clown. I'm against the likes of George Steele and Eugene sniffing the Hall of Fame, so in that same type of character, I have to say no.

Yes, Duggan is probalby under rated, but his list of credentials isn't exactly mind blowing. A rumble win, and a run with the us title, not too impressive, considering the Royal Rumble wasn't the royal Rumble we all know and love.

So I'm of the opinion that if you've done anything even remotely memorable you may as well be put into the Hall Of Fame. Owen Hart going ker-splatt, Eddie Guerrero dying with a toothbrush in his mouth, yes Sean Waltman being in D-X & the n.W.o.

The Hall Of Fame is a show, and on a show like that you need people who'll engage the audience. Duggan will do that.

I also fail to see how he was a clown during the Hogan era. Honkey Tonk Man, Brutus Beefcake, both of them were clowns. Duggan was serious throughout his matches.

I voted yes he does. He isnt the best wrestler, entertainer or whatever. But the man has been faithul and loyal to the WWE for what 20 years now. And the first royal rumble win(in my opionion)is an acmplicment. Wrestlemania is the place where supersars arrive at the bigtime, but the rumble is where that road begins. Sure it wasnt for a ME spot at Mania now but its still an acomplicment that i would reely love to have under my belt thats for sure.:)

Personally, I don't think Duggan deserves to be in. The guy's character was a total goofball that waved the American flag, which was enough to get him over I guess. I won't be at all surprised to see him inducted one of these days, however, simply because of Koko B. Ware. Both were strictly mid-carders in the WWF and didn't accomplish a damn thing while they were there. They had success in other companies, with Koko's biggest success being found in Jerry Jarrett's Continental Wrestling Association based in Memphis and Duggan's biggest coming from Bitt Watts' Mid-South Wrestling Association in Oklahoma City.

Looking at their careers as a whole, Duggan probably deserves to be in more, though I still don't think he truly does. Duggan's biggest claim to fame is probably beating a young Steve Austin for the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship.

I think I share the same sentiment when I say that Duggan will probably get in the HOF, but isn't worthy. I mean, c'mon. Koko B Ware got in. What makes you think Duggan won't? I remember Duggan from him teaming with Hogan and feuding with Andre, but he never really did anything over-the-top special. My lasting memory of him in WCW was him finding the Television Title in the trash and defending it against people such as Steven Regal, Robert Gibson, and others. It was funny how he found it in the trash. I believe one of the members of the NWO threw it in the trash.

Anyway, Duggan was good for some comic relief and could hold his own during his prime, but as far as accomplishments to get into the HOF, he shouldn't be inducted, but where he's in good standing with the WWE, he'll probably get in next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back