GW II Round 4 - Theosaurus vs. The Apple Spitters And Gringo Killers

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
2ykyzhf.png

Graphics Wingman II

[YOUTUBE]Qi8q_t3le60[/YOUTUBE]

Welcome folks to Graphics Wingman II where sig-makers battle it out in a match for sig-making supremacy. We have an excellent match-up for you today, when two teams of excellent sig makers go head to head.

Introducing first, a team that has been making sigs since the beginning of time...

Theosaurus!

Their opponents, a team looking to make more noise than vuvuzelas...

The Apple Spitters And Gringo Killers!

The scheduled category for this match is "UFC." Teams have until February 7th to post their graphic. At which point, two graphics, one from each member must be put forward to the public vote and a winner will be decided.

Please remember that this forum is non-spam, so if you want to discuss any graphic that is posted, please ensure that you follow the spam guidelines and rules for this forum. Alternatively, post your thoughts in the Graphics Wingman Discussion Thread in the Requests sub-forum.

So, with that said, let's get it on!​

Seeing how I loved the way my Ezekiel Jackson sig turned out I decided to base this sig off of that one. So here we go!

28s7s06.png

I don't know much about UFC, but I watched A-Team and that is why I chose Rampage Jackson. Plus I loved the render I happened to use and thought it would make for a great sig. I started with a dark grey/black background and placed my render of Jackson on top of that. My next step was adding the large Rampage font in the background. Font I used was TOSCA and I made it white and then place a silver bar in a clipping mask over top. Next I added the Jackson font, same font as before and set the color to black and placed it over the Rampage font. Next I added in some stocks for lighting, more stocks to give it a grunge type fill, and then more lighting stocks. Also I threw in an exposure as well. Then I made a new layer with the applied image and blurred it. Then I applied the image again this time sharpening it up and then I did one more apply and added a cooling filter to give it the blue tint. And then I called it a day. Enjoy!

2ep225j.jpg

This was pretty straight-forward. A few stocks to make the background. Place the render and did some things with it. Then a few more stocks on top and finished off by throwing a few gradient maps in places that needed it. The text was a bit different though, as I used a ripple filter on it. Simple, but it came out awesome if I do say so myself.

griffincopy.jpg

Pretty basic sig for me as well. Found a good render for Griffin and a nice stock background as well. Added a couple extra layers blended differently spliced in between my background images until I got the right look and did the same with my background Griffin image, and voila.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back