Great moments that could have been better/were ruined

I may be mistaken but I don't think even the announcers knew who the third man was. I have a vague memory of reading Bischoff wanted the third man kept secret and wanted a natural reaction from the announcers so he didn't tell them what was going to happen. My guess is if Heenan knew ahead of time that Hogan was the third man he wouldn't have said what he said.

Absolutely! I agree. The point of this example was not to blame Heenan. I am sure he would have played it better had he known. The point of including it was the fact that it would have been better without his suggestion and the announcers' panicked reaction to his suggestion. I don't blame Owen for having crap on his face or for Perfect's back being too hurt to withstand a longer Sharpshooter--but those moments would have been better otherwise.

. Starcade 99 could have been set for December 31 to end around midnight just before the dawn of a new century. Hogan, Sting and Goldberg vs Hitman, Hall and Nash. Could have been one of the biggest moments in wrestling history. Four Horsemen could have been involved to take down all the NWO stooges, Flair leg locking Bischoff and Savage could have returned to save the day for WCW. The NWO should have ended with a red and yellow Hogan joining forces with Sting. For me, it's the end of the NWO angle that ruined things for me and obviously for WCW. It could have been carried out so much better.

Im thinking something like this would have been just awesome. Would have taken better booking than we got to stretch it out for another year but this idea has epic written all over it.

I honestly think this is one of those things that didn't matter at all at the time but has become a big deal after some internet fans started saying it ruined it for them after hearing it talked about on a shoot or something and others jumped on board to be cool. That moment was not ruined whatsoever by Bobby Heenan. Heenan was a heel announcer who hated Hogan. Was he supposed to be saying "Yippee here comes Hulk!"

I don't think it ruined the moment but it did take a little bit away from it. I remember watching the pay per view and when Heenan said that, my first thought was "I bet Heenans right." It was still shocking to see but that comment did take a little bit away. All in all, Heenan is one of the best ever so that moment shouldn't define him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back