Great Moments In WWE History That Are Not Well Remembered?

A few that stick out to me:

JBL smacking Hornswaggle at the hospital:
I forget exactly why they were fueding, but Swaggle was in the hospital, JBL paid him a visit and smacked him harder then I have seen anyone get smacked in the WWE. This is right up there with the Austin/Manking/VInce stuff done in the hospital.

Debra stripping at Rock Bottom:
I was 15 at the time so this one is kinda obvious, but it was a good precursor to what Miss Kitty about a year later. I remember thinking while Debra was stripping that this was actually gonna happen. Shawn was just classic Shawn during all this and made the moment so funny acting like Debra was a stipper. I thought he was the coolest guy when he put the dollar bill between Debra's cleavage.

Razor attacking Owen while he was interviewed:
This was part of the build for the Razor/Bret title match at the 93 Rumble (really good underrated match). Owen rockin a pair of zubas is interviewed and is talking about his family as Razor comes in and hits him with a garbage can and kicks him a few times and then says, "Hey Rocket, did your dad teach you that one?" Just thinking about it makes me laugh. I just imagine Razor off screne hearing the family comment and then thinking I'll use that as tough talk after I beat Owen down.

micheals superkicking jannetty through the window of the barber shop. It was the start of the HBK gimmick that made a legend. It still does get mentioned but not often enough.

Or how about when jake the snake's viper bit macho man on the arm when he was stuck on the ropes. Even though it must of been planned for weeks randy still had some nuts to let a snake bite him on the arm. Oh and if it was kayfabe ive gotta admit ive been led along to this very day cos i still think he was really bitten even though they took the poisonus fangs out it look legit :0

Owen Hart vs. British Bulldog tournament match for the European Championship in Europe (Germany I think). Do yourselves a favor and watch this helluva match between 2 legends.

July 9, 2001. Probably my favorite RAW ever. ECW is formed to join the WWF vs WCW war. The moment the WCW/WWF guys turned to beat up Jericho/Kane and form ECW was awesome.

There are a lot of great moments mentioned here. I don't have anything specific, but rather a general moment in time. Back when Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby the Brain Heenan were doing commentary. These two guys were absolute gold together. So many funny moments, with The Brain saying something absolutely ridiculous or outrageous and Monsoon growing more and more irritated by his comments. Everyone talks about JR being the greatest, which is absolutely true. However, JR and Lawler have nothing on these two as a tandem.
I'm also going to include from an actual wrestling angle, the feud between William Regal and a babyface Y2J several years ago. Regal was the General Manager of Raw, and he was seriously perturbed with Y2J's disrespect and shenanigans. One such prank that Y2J pulled on Regal was slipping into his office while he was attending business elsewhere. Jericho was looking around and noticed Regal's tea urn sitting on his desk. Jericho cracked a huge smile to the camera, then turned his back and unzipped. He took a leak in Regal's steeped tea!!! The cameras followed Regal as he headed back to his office. As he sat down behind his desk, he had a look as though something was out of place but he couldn't figure out what. He went for his tea urn and poured himself a cup. The look on his face as he took his first sip was priceless!!!! To me, this moment and moments with Jericho, and also Regal's stint as GM with Tajiri as his sidekick, were amongst the most entertaining series of skits ever on Raw.

There are a lot of great moments mentioned here. I don't have anything specific, but rather a general moment in time. Back when Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby the Brain Heenan were doing commentary. These two guys were absolute gold together. So many funny moments, with The Brain saying something absolutely ridiculous or outrageous and Monsoon growing more and more irritated by his comments. Everyone talks about JR being the greatest, which is absolutely true. However, JR and Lawler have nothing on these two as a tandem.

Couldnt agree more. Hennan/Gorilla were by far the greatest duo ever on commentary. Moments with these 2 would include: Hennan after Flair winning the 92 Rumble (YES,YES,YES) and Gorilla chasing Hennan off RAW in 93. Priceless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back