• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Good ol' JR

j.beaner

Occasional Pre-Show
What is WWE thinking? Aparently as we all know WWE has decided to keep JR off of WWE programing. Can Someone Explain to me how they can Shove aside a Hall of Famer, and the best Television announcer in wrestling. JR has spent darn near 20 years (17 years actually) with the WWE. And on top on that hes been in the buisness for 24 Years. And now For Some odd reason WWE is saying that he isnt a present character. Thats Just rediculous. He had a speech at the hall of Fame and was just mentioned on RAW by Shawn Michaels. Im not very happy with WWE pushing a legend to the side that this.
How do you Feel about WWE keeping JR out of the Broadcast booth???

I m totally on the poster side. JR is a legend and most of the wrestlers of present and past have said that he is the greatest announcer of all time. I am surprised that stone cold steve austin is not commenting on jr/wwe relations too. I know its not his matter but still JR is his best friend. I just watched JR hall of fame video that wwe made at the time of induction in 2007(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQxqNCrYkUs) and i almost cried with jr in the end of the movie.I am not happy at all how Vince is treating him. How can wwe treat some one like jr so bad. He is the best of all time. I was hoping untill last moment that JR would be used in HBK/Taker match at Mania26 but no they didnt. If you watch the match again then you will notice how crappy the whole commentry was. Their match was awesome but could not generate the same emotion like WM25 because of the crappy commentry. I want JR to jump the ship and get in TNA. He has enough money what he need more than money is respect from peers and recognition as a legend by the boss. BIschoff has already said that he would do anything he can to bring JR in TNA if he wants to. JR we love you and cant see you getting insulted like that. Please quit wwe for god sake coz they dont respect you.

I think it's horrible. The broadcast team of Matt Striker and Todd Grisham was good on ECW... I liked it then. But on Smackdown, I won't hesitate to say that the team of Grisham and Striker gets a bit annoying after a while. When I first heard of Jim Ross's 3rd Bells Palsy attack, I was very upset. When I saw that the new team of Grisham and Striker would take over Smackdown, I was fine with it because I assumed that it would only last a few months and J.R. would be back soon. But to find out that WWE has no intention to allow J.R. to return... it's horrible.

Jim Ross was and is the greatest WWE commentator in the WWE. He is in a league of his own. While Matt Striker is one of the better commentators in the WWE right now, he isn't anywhere near J.R.'s level. Jerry Lawler has really been slipping in the past several months. Michael Cole wasn't that good to start with, but shows that he can be atleast somewhat amusing when he's on NXT. Todd Grisham... I never quite liked him as a commentator, but more as an interviewer backstage like he was doing before. I like Josh Matthews as a commentator... I think he gets better every week, he's very underrated in my opinion.

I fail to see why WWE doesn't want J.R. to return. "Voice of the past" my ass. The man is a legend and he should be able to return when he is good and ready. He is good and ready... LET HIM RETURN. WWE commentary is not the same without Good Ol' J.R. He has called some of the greatest matches in WWE history and he should continue to do so until he decides to stop. He should not be forced to stop at all.

Jim Ross is terrible, and has been for years. He's a shell of his former self, and it was nearly embarrassing to try and listen to him commentate anymore.

One of these days wrestling fans are just going to have to understand that people aren't around forever, and that the new guys will have to take over sometime. It's time for JR to step aside, and let the next generation of commentators take over.

Actually, what many fans don't realize is that the decision to keep JR off television is as much JR's as it is the WWE's. From what I've heard, Ross suffered another attack of bells palsy and supposedly looks ten times worse than ever. He no longer wanted to be seen on television in this state, so he and the WWE agreed to take him out of the commentator's chair.

JR is a legend and the greatest commentator, but you have to think, why did WWE shove him aside? maybe because of personal reasons? or his health? or maybe because this is 2010, possibly a new era of the WWE, it seems like WWE is doing away with the present, and bringing in the new. you can see all the changes. think about this there arent alot of the -main- main eventers that we all saw in the years, the only main eventers we have today that we had in the past years are randy orton, undertaker, edge, chris jericho (not so much really), triple h. it seems like with all the changes that WWE is now bringing in new future main eventers such as Jack Swagger with the fact he is the World Heavyweight Champion, and Sheamus. face it MVP and Evan Bourne will probably never be main eventers no matter how skilled they are. and the new things, new ppv's, new show, putting ECW back in its casket, and new commentators. its not hard to see.

To quote the Legacy theme: 'It's a New Day, it's a New Generation'. Jim Ross can't keep going forever no matter how much we want to. He's been doing announcing since the 70's and if the WWE wants Ross in another capacity then tey'll put him in a new capacity. We have to allow new talent to come in I mean isn't that what we've been arguing about in terms of main-eventers over the last year?

Actually, what many fans don't realize is that the decision to keep JR off television is as much JR's as it is the WWE's. From what I've heard, Ross suffered another attack of bells palsy and supposedly looks ten times worse than ever. He no longer wanted to be seen on television in this state, so he and the WWE agreed to take him out of the commentator's chair.

While I respect that you try and look at this from a different prospective and your intitled to your opinons. But i must say that JR he was at the hall of fame and looks to be in fairly good shape. ive heard that hes just lost a little weight but he still talks fine. theres no way that JR wants to stay off of Televison cause he had a speech at the hall of fame, its just that the WWE didnt air it. And i heard that WWE decided to pull the plug so to speak, on JR calling the Taker Michaels Match. they said before the show that JR would come out and call that match, but then vince said no, claiming that JR would take away too much from that match and so they're not gonna use him. Which i honestly dont understand. JR couldve make that match, if anything else that much better.

I think that this is a horrible decision on the part of WWE. JR is the most famous, well-known commentator of all time, atleast for this generation. If you look very closely to the hall of fame, you will see that they show him, and he already looks much better. The team of Matt Striker, and Todd Grisham are do-able at best. They need to hurry up and bring back the voice of the E. They are lacking creditablity very badly, and will continue to do so until JR sits back in the commentating booth.

Once again, you guys are being ignorant to the fact that the guy just had another attack of bells palsy and was literally unable to due his job anymore. It was a MUTUAL decision by him and the WWE.

I'm not taking away from JR. None of us need to rant and rave about how great he was, still is, and always will be at play-by-play announcing. But the man has a crippling disease that has deformed his appearance, not to mention it impairs his speech. No matter how well he would have chosen his words, his impairment would've made him sound just awful on live television, thus taking away from the match.

I understand the WWE's perspective. While JR is probably the best play by play commentator to have ever called a wrestling match, the WWE knows he isn't going to be there forever, and they have to have other guys do it. Don't get me wrong, I love JR, have great respect for him, but, at some point, you have to put him aside in favor of a younger guy. Its hardly a new phenomenon. And I also tend to agree with SlyFox. The reason JR was removed from TV was his bell's palsy. If you remember what happened after the first attack, it wasn't pretty. at the risk of being insensitive to JR, he had a face perfect for radio. He slurred his speech. It was extremely unfortunate for JR, but, it still happened. the WWE had to move on without him until he got better. This time, they have to move on, period. That doesn't mean they are abandoning JR, even though he is not on TV, I thought I read that he signed a new contract...indicating they probably are going to use him where he can benefit the company the most. Backstage, talent relations. Jim Ross is just as good at finding talent as he is talking to us every week.

JR isn't just a commentator. He also held the positions of Executive Vice President of Broadcasting in WCW, as well as Executive Vice President of Business Strategies and Executive Vice President of Talent Relations in the WWE. Commentating isn't the only thing he is capable of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back