Gold Medal Spin the Wheel Match - Hulk Hogan (USA) vs Eddie Guerrero (MEX)

Gold Medal Spin the Wheel - Hulk Hogan (USA) vs Eddie Guerrero (MEX)

• Hulk Hogan

• Eddie Guerrero

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

300px-Gold_medal.svg.png

GOLD MEDAL MATCH

Hulk Hogan(USA)
hulk-hogan.jpg

vs

Eddie Guerrero (MEX)

eddie-g.jpg

This is the GOLD MEDAL MATCH in the 2010 Wrestlezolympics. This match will be contested under Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal rules, and will be a LAST MAN STANDING MATCH.

The match will be anything goes, with no DQ, Count-out, Pin, or Submission. A winner is declared when one man beats his opponent to a point where he canno get back to his feet by a referee's 10-count. There can be NO outside interference of any kind.

The winner of this match will win the Gold Medal in the Spin the Wheel Event. The loser will be awarded the Silver.

The match will open for discussion on Saturday, February 13th and voting will begin on Sunday, February 14th. This is a non-spam thread, so if you decide to post, you must provide reasons why you are backing a particular wrestler. You may vote without posting.

And the most overrated main eventer (allegedly) of all time goes down here. This couldn't be more perfectly suited for Hogan if it were a Bald Head Challenge. Hogan has made a career out of getting up after taking a beating. Also, what do you expect Eddie to do to keep Hogan down? Think about it: can you picture even 10 Frog Splashes connecting, let alone working? This is barely even a broken sweat for Hogan as he easily wins gold.

Chalk one up for USA! Hulk Hogan should win this EASILY. Eddie doesn't have the power and strength to but Hogan down for a 10, despite Eddie's speed as soon Hogan gets his hands on him it is over.

Hulk claims the gold.

Well there is not much I can say that hasn't been said. This is a walk for Hogan and quite an easy one at that. He's facing a man who only won the world title because of Goldberg.

Hogan is one of the faces of wrestling and he's been known to get back to his feet after everything has been thrown at him. Hogan brings the Gold to America.

How is Team USA not going to completely run away with this due to the smark darlings that are all involved on their team to begin with? And I mean this, honestly.

Anyways as for this match.. Eddie Guerrero couldn't last in any type of match against Hulk Hogan, and adding in the ability to use weapons and the surroundings is only going to make the match and Eddie's punishment drag on longer. Hogan may not have had many Hardcore style matches, but hes built for longevity and can out-last practically anyone.

Short of Team Mexico ALL getting involved and a Rock/Mankind style finish that involves a crane pinning Hogan down for a 10 count - there isn't a chance in hell that Eddie Guerrero wins here.

On any given day anybody can get lucky and get the win over his opponant. With that being said , I have to admit that even I don't see Eddie getting lucky enough to lie, cheat or steal his way out of this situation. I don't think this will be a total squash for Hogan but I don't see Eddie being able to get Hogan down for a 10 count.

Eddie's whole Lie, Cheat and Steal gimmick couldn't possibly work here. He is going to strictly have to wrestle his way to a victory and hope that any type of Extreme Championship Wrestling skills he may have ever picked up come back in his favor.

Hulk Hogan is too strong, too powerful, too skilled, too smart, and most of all - too "unrealistic". Now, wait before I get blasted...

I say that because the one thing that has always favored the Hulk Hogan gimmick is the "Hulk-Up" factor. That is the one thing that has always made me loathe Hulk Hogan. It makes Professional Wrestling look even more fake and unrealistic than it already was/is. It makes facing Hogan a no win situation for anyone, short of cheating, which still makes the world see Hogan as unbeatable and unstoppable.

Eddie is quicker than Hogan, but all thats going to do is little to nothing. Hogan isn't going to chase you, he's not that stupid. And in order to win, you have to stop running and face your opponent head-on. Thats where Eddie's speed becomes irrelevant.

Hogan could probably do a Pastamania commercial during this match and still win. Hogan is bigger, stronger, and has 7 more seconds (that he probably won't need) to recover from Eddie's best moves. Eddie may put up a fight since this is a No-DQ type of match, but Hogan gets the gold here.

I'm one of the few that voted for Eddie Guerrero.

The fact of the matter is, Eddie showed he could over come ANYTHING in his match with Brock Lesnar. If you ask me, looking at it from a kayfabe perspective, Eddie's comeback in that match is one of, if not THE, greatest comebacks in pro wrestling history. Did he get a little help? Sure, but Lesnar, one of the strongest, most brutal man ever in the history of the sport (who made Hogan pass out in a match just a year before the one against Eddie, btw), just could not put Eddie away to save his life. Why should I believe Hogan could put Eddie away? I don't, which is why Eddie gets my vote.

Eddie Guerrero has too much heart to let his nation down and lose in this tournament to someone like Hogan in this type of match, and there's nothing Hogan would be able to do to him to keep him down for 10 seconds. Eddie, on the other hand, like usual, would find a way to defeat Hogan, like he did with countless others throughout his great career.

I'm one of the few that voted for Eddie Guerrero.

The fact of the matter is, Eddie showed he could over come ANYTHING in his match with Brock Lesnar. If you ask me, looking at it from a kayfabe perspective, Eddie's comeback in that match is one of, if not THE, greatest comebacks in pro wrestling history. Did he get a little help? Sure, but Lesnar, one of the strongest, most brutal man ever in the history of the sport (who made Hogan pass out in a match just a year before the one against Eddie, btw), just could not put Eddie away to save his life. Why should I believe Hogan could put Eddie away? I don't, which is why Eddie gets my vote.

Eddie Guerrero has too much heart to let his nation down and lose in this tournament to someone like Hogan in this type of match, and there's nothing Hogan would be able to do to him to keep him down for 10 seconds. Eddie, on the other hand, like usual, would find a way to defeat Hogan, like he did with countless others throughout his great career.

Who has Eddie really defeated that was great? I don't ever remembering beating HHH, HBK, Rock, Taker , etc. Of course you would say that Hogan won the championship a couple of months previous but he lost that title and was losing ever since so I'll take that Hulk Hogan with a grain of salt. Hogan in his prime would never lose to somebody like Guerrero. Him "Hulking up" is just like Undertaker sitting up but only better. Hogan is the same guy that took a tombstone from Taker and got right back up. I don't see anything in Guerrero's arsenal that makes me think he can beat Hogan.

Hulk Hogan flat out is stronger then Eddie add to that that during his prime he would be everyone and anyone. Eddie beat Brock Lesner after Goldberg interfeared. Hulk Hogan to win this pretty much one sided match with the body slam fallowed by an atomic leg drop.

Eddie as a main eventer was always an underdog that cheated to win. You can't cheat to win a last man standing match, and there's no way that anyone in the history of professional wrestling, let alone a lesser light like Guerrero would be able to pull off a victory in this type of match against a man that just couldn't ever be kept down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back