Get rid of the Titantron!

AlwaysHasBeen

Occasional Pre-Show
When WWE began to implement a screen at the top of their stage, they used it to market the superstar during their entrance via cool graphics and images. It progressively became larger and the Titantron was born. While it definitely adds aesthetic value to the set and entrance way, I feel it has caused more problems than added benefits to professional wrestling, or at least WWE.

First, I think it's really irritating when wrestlers are in the ring staring at themselves on the screen. It's even more disheartening to see veterans like the Undertaker (who does it alot) and Chris Jericho stare at themselves when putting someone in a submission move or just casually during their matches/promos. A lot of wrestlers do this and it's very noticeable to me.

Second, I think the emergence of the Titantron has inadvertently made formerly attentive wrestling audiences suffer from horrible cases of ADD, trying to find themselves on the Titantron while on camera instead of focusing on the match at hand. I feel as if this really dumbs down the audience reactions to in-ring action and not to mention looks bad on television when half the audience is looking up the ramp instead of the ring.

So, in conclusion, I think the Titantron has setback the evolution of pro wrestling in its tendency to distract. While it maybe should not be scrapped completely (and am sure will not be), what do you think about it?

WHAT? What kind of thread is this? Will taking away the titantron, make the product better? Who cares? Really...they need the titantron. If your sitting right in front of the titantron, and someone gets slammed through the announcer's table, how are you going to see it. The titantron sees what the camra, and people at home see. And why are you paying so much attention to the audiance? Its a live show, people will act stupid no matter if the titantron is there or not. Also, moves like the 619, the opponent needs to see when he's coming. Granted, they could be less obvious when looking, but taking away the titantron is piontless. It doesn't help draw veiwers, it doesn't make the storylines better, it doesn't make the matches better. Just... no dude...

Agreed with Hamler. This thread is idiotic. The titantron for WWE's shows is what many other sports like the NBA has. Its a way for people in the audience who cant every aspect of the match that we as viewers or people right in front of the ring can't see. It also makes entrances look better. Pretty bad thread dude I cant honestly say much more

did you just make this thread to get noticed? Thats the most idiotic ideal iv ever herd, Theres no way getting rid of the titantron could make the product better, as if WWE would consider it anyways...other than the music thats what gives each wrestler his or her own entrance...its a WWE staple nowadays...

I think the only was someone is gonna agree with you is if you pay em off, or they want attention as well

Actually it does have to do with production though, to make it a BETTER product...might be suprised how many keep thier eyes on that screen...

Wow i was at WrestleMania 26 this year and i set in nose bleed if it wasnt 4 the tron there i wouldn't hav seen a thing that thing is great 4 the fans who cant pay to sit in the more expensive areas and yes this thread is stupid somebody get rid of it lmao!!

I agree with the two posters above me that the Titantron should stay. Besides being there for fans in attendance that can't see all the action. It has become a huge part of the show over the years. It ads more excitement to a wrestlers intro in my opinion the days of just having music weren't as exciting until they added videos to go along with it. I agree the wrestler in the ring should pay less attention to it.

While this is a REALLY stupid thread because the Titan Tron is the last thing making the E awful, the Titan Tron going HD really was kind of stupid. If you don't have an HD TV which quite a bit of America doesn't and even if you do, it makes the picture grainy and did you ever really want to see Snitzky's acne ridden face and back? Yes, they remedied that and got rid of him but the Titan Tron when it's on makes the picture look awful. Aside from that, doesn't do any real bad to the show.

My only issue with the Titantron is that no matter how miniscule your spot on the card is, EVERYONE gets an elaborate video/graphic package. There's people on the card that don't deserve an entrance package on par with the mid card to top guys. And by that I'm talking about the guys that are lifers on Superstars and such. The Titantron is un-fucking real, especially when you're in the building. Being at the last 2 Wrestlemanias, I can attest to this. It's what makes WWE the best at what they do. Every time I go to a concert or see some sort of a big set, I will always say "yeah, it's good...but it's no WWE production".

If wrestlers looking up at the titantron is a problem then the E should be smart enough to just leave up a raw or smackdown logo during a match. Then there is nothing to take attention away from the ring.

I did not make this thread to get noticed, it's just something I've been thinking about. Sorry if no on else sees any aspect to agree with. Did not mean to tarnish the forums with my observations.

Too late for that man, take away the Titantron, that's just dumb. Why don't they just take wrestling off the air all together, that way it would be forced to go back to its roots and become good again.

The Titantron serves a purpose. To advertise their PPV, to give people in the nosebleeds a better view of the show, and to look appealing on TV. Getting rid of that is like asking a business to get rid of their billboards.

The Titantron is what sets other wrestling shows apart. It looks cool in person and if you can't get a good look at what's going on in a match, there's always the Titantron. And I can see how the big screen can kill some of the suspense on a run in or when wrestlers are caught looking at the screen during a submission. But the pros outweigh the cons by a large margin.

I can't believe you even made this thread. There is no way they'd even get rid of it. It makes no sence to do that. I for one would be upset if they did. How else are people goin to see whats goin on if they have bad seats?

Plus, there wouldn't be any intro videos. That would be boring.

Ya I agree with everyone. The Titantron is one of the best things you get to see at a live event.
Did you forget about how it has helped some entrances? Look at jericho when he first started. If the titantron was not there we would not have the count down are any Y2J chants at all. Would the crowd get to see any backstage interviews or attacks or anything that goes on..NO.
So come on man lets think about this please. This is almost like saying let's get rid of the entrance music as well.

Im gonna sort of (sort of) back the OP here. Whilst I still think the titantron should stay (although for PPV's they dont need to use one as big as they do for the weekly shows - most PPV's just feel like a glorified Raw or Smackdown) I do think its too noticeable. This has been the case since the WWE went HD, I much preferred the previous set-ups they had. The titantrons are needed for backstage interviews and for people in the cheap seats :), but I dont think they should be as big and bright as they are now.

I do agree with being tired of fans who are trying to see themselves on the Titantron so they can flail their arms about or do some kind of hip new hip hop dance or whatever these slugs think to do in their big moment on television. And I do miss the PPVs where there was no stage and no tron, just an entrance way. That way, they could fit more asses into seats int he arena, which is what wrestling used to be all about. WWE's new bitchin HD ultrastagetitantron 5000 is pretty annoying. But, allegedly, this attracts viewers and makes the product seem "cooler".

I will have to disagree. The titantron really helps for people who have to sit in the nosebleeds. Besides that, sometimes the titantron is used for promos.

When WWE began to implement a screen at the top of their stage, they used it to market the superstar during their entrance via cool graphics and images. It progressively became larger and the Titantron was born. While it definitely adds aesthetic value to the set and entrance way, I feel it has caused more problems than added benefits to professional wrestling, or at least WWE.

First, I think it's really irritating when wrestlers are in the ring staring at themselves on the screen. It's even more disheartening to see veterans like the Undertaker (who does it alot) and Chris Jericho stare at themselves when putting someone in a submission move or just casually during their matches/promos. A lot of wrestlers do this and it's very noticeable to me.

Second, I think the emergence of the Titantron has inadvertently made formerly attentive wrestling audiences suffer from horrible cases of ADD, trying to find themselves on the Titantron while on camera instead of focusing on the match at hand. I feel as if this really dumbs down the audience reactions to in-ring action and not to mention looks bad on television when half the audience is looking up the ramp instead of the ring.

So, in conclusion, I think the Titantron has setback the evolution of pro wrestling in its tendency to distract. While it maybe should not be scrapped completely (and am sure will not be), what do you think about it?

Why can't they look at themselves? I've even seen guys in the UFC do it to check positions and what not.

To be honest, I think this is one of, if not the STUPIDEST thread I have ever read.

If anything, The TitanTron IS the evolution of pro wrestling. Every sport basically has something similar to that.

As far as the audience watching the screen... Some people have bad seats and need to look at the screen to get a better view anyway LOL...

WTF am I doing!!? I have no idea why I just commented on this....

This thread should be moved...

Moved to the Why The Fuck Did I Read AND Comment On This Thread, section!!!

Seriously? You can't be telling me that the Titantron is worthless. It helps BIG TIME for live crowds and it adds some aesthetic value to the set. Entrance videos are quite entertaining, and they're played on the Titantron, when somebody is being interviewed "via satellite" it goes on the Titantron. It definitely adds another interesting little "tid-bit" to the whole product, but it is there for a reason.

you all need to chill out. Yeah it provides a nice big time feel but to cal it revolutionary is a tad dramatic. It is after all a giant tv.. When I went to a live Raw in Knoxville tn, the back stage interviews and skits were not shown to us. I don't know if thats the norm or not. I alsoknow that it cost a good penny to haul it around and that costs were the reason why all WWE brands share the same generic set up. I had as much fun watching an old Raw without a titantron then one with it.

For all you kids freaking out about this thread, you do realize that pro wrestling got along plenty fine without a Titantron for like 100 years...right? Like the guy above me said, chill out, its not revolutionary its just a big screen. Also, if yo'ure sitting in the nose bleeds, you can see every damn part of the arena, and thus see everything going on. Its not like WWE does 70,000 seat stadiums more than once a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back