Genius or Stupid: Corgan Sells WWE the Library, but Keeps Impact Alive

johnbragg

Championship Contender
Premise 1. The only value TNA has to WWE is the tape library. WWE is not going pay extra just to shut it down, and is not going to operate it as a fourth "brand".

Premise 2. The tape library isn't making TNA/Impact Wrestling any significant money.

So is there a deal possible where TNA sells the tape library to WWE for a "fair price", and Corgan (or Aroluxe, I suppose) operates Impact going forward?

What's a fair price? A "fair price" would be determined by comparison to what WWE paid per hour for the other tape libraries (besides ECW and WCW). According to a f4wonline article from 2014 that I can't google up (I get plenty of wrestling news sites reporting on the article though), f4wonline cited the "going rate" as $500 an hour. Between the weekly PPVs, 2 hours of Impact for about 10 years and monthly PPVs for 10 years, I count about 2000 hours of TV/PPV. 2000 * $500 = $1,000,000.

IF you're angling to buy and operate TNA, wouldn't you want WWE out of the bidding? I would. HEck, work in a clause where WWE buys the rights to the Impact back catalogue for $2000/month on a rolling basis, provided that Impact Wrestling can still use the footage for their shows, advertising, etc under license from WWE.

No. The problem is WWE would want to be able to expand the WWE network, and would want the library and all future matches.....they don't want to just own the past, if impact continues to air, wwe would want to have access to anything they do going forward, and that doesn't benefit TNA to not be able to expand on their own history.

MAYBE, Possibly but doubtfull
IF Billy ends up with the company and plans to re-brand/name it to something other than TNA then your idea could work. give Vince EVERYTHING TNA (excluding the Impact name) for the right price..THEN announce that TNA Wresting IS DEAD and Impact Championship Wrestling is born in it's place, Keep the titles the same names but change over all TNA branding on the championships to I.C.W.

The tape library is the only thing with any real value to it, unless someone needs a pet project. No way Vince buys the tape library and allows TNA to continue because then he has to pay rights fees because TNA, Impact, Impact Wrestling, the PPV names etc are most likely trademarked, and I just don't see Vince wanting to pay money every time WWE wants to sell a DVD with TNA footage on it or to show it on the network etc.

Now if Corgan wants to completely rebrand the company moving forward, new name, new shows, new image etc and sell off the old footage and trademarks then its not a bad idea, and quite honestly if done right they could play out a hostile takeover from within (ala nWo or Aces & 8s) that would easily set them up moving forward, assuming WWE or whomever was willing to give them time to build the story line and "kill TNA" then both sides win. TNA gets a reboot, WWE gets their tape library that's now got some value to them.

This would never work. TNA's problem according to many TNA alumni is that the casual fan STILL has no idea they exist. Billy Corgan seizing full ownership of TNA but selling WWE the tape library would not benefit WWE.

It would amount to free exposure on the WWE Network for another wrestling company that is trying to compete in the U.S. market. No. It makes no sense.

DVD's? no. When the time comes A.J., Joe, Roode, and whomever else will have to try to get their TNA footage on their own accord. Even if Corgan gets control (at this point I assume he will) it doesn't guarantee that TNA or Impact Wrestling has a long life ahead of it.

For the record, I hope TNA lives, but WWE would not even want the tap library without ownership of the brand. Essentially that would give TNA free exposure to the WWE audience. Silly.

This would never work. TNA's problem according to many TNA alumni is that the casual fan STILL has no idea they exist. Billy Corgan seizing full ownership of TNA but selling WWE the tape library would not benefit WWE.

It would amount to free exposure on the WWE Network for another wrestling company that is trying to compete in the U.S. market. No. It makes no sense.

DVD's? no. When the time comes A.J., Joe, Roode, and whomever else will have to try to get their TNA footage on their own accord. Even if Corgan gets control (at this point I assume he will) it doesn't guarantee that TNA or Impact Wrestling has a long life ahead of it.

For the record, I hope TNA lives, but WWE would not even want the tap library without ownership of the brand. Essentially that would give TNA free exposure to the WWE audience. Silly.

This. This is one of those fantasy booking things on paper that seems interesting, but in reality has little reason to happen. If WWE is buying TNA, even if it's just for the tape library, a non-compete is in order for Carter, Corgan and anyone else in power who will benefit from the sale, and the company goes under (TNA) because WWE has no reason to keep them operating when they have their own version on their own network already.

I'm hearing the very negative feedback, which I respect. But I don't think some people understood what I was proposing, which tells me that I didn't explain it well.

The idea is that

1. WWE buys the TNA library as of Oct 1, 2016 for $500 per hour, around $1,000,000 from TNA or Impact Ventures or Corgan Media or Aroluxe or whoever.

2. The footage becomes WWE property to use on the WWE network, on WWE DVDs, on RAW/SD whatever.

3. TNA/Impact also has the right to use the footage on Impact and on PPVs, licensed from WWE, for some nominal fee. (Maybe there are some limitations here, details to be worked out--how much footage TNA can use.)

4. WWE and TNA also agree, on a rolling basis, that WWE will continue to buy TNA's content at the same $500/hour rate.

No. The problem is WWE would want to be able to expand the WWE network, and would want the library and all future matches.....they don't want to just own the past, if impact continues to air, wwe would want to have access to anything they do going forward, and that doesn't benefit TNA to not be able to expand on their own history.

WWE would be getting the TNA library going forward.

As for TNA not being able to expand on their own history, they already can't do that because they completely turned over the talent roster. But if Corgan comes up with some plan to use old TNA footage, it would still be available for TNA to use on Impact.

Dtosm5150: Meant to quote you to reply, but the sale of the library would give WWE full rights to use everything, TNA logos and trademarks and all.

The way I look at it, the TNA library is practically worthless to TNA. What I mean by that is they have no real way of turning that tape library into revenue. They can't make any money selling DVDs, they haven't made real money with the old TNA Vault service, etc. They're not going to make any money selling the legacy of Styles, Joe, JArrett, TNA Raven, Main Event Mafia, the Hogan-Bischoff era, Aces and Eights, Ultimate X, etc. They don't have the structure to monetize it. They just don't. WWE does.

Going forward, TNA/Impact is a TV show with international distribution deals, a PPV distribution deal, and possibly live ticket and merchandise sales. None of that has any value to WWE--they can't use TNA's international TV deals or POPtv deal because they've signed exclusive agreements with other cable networks.

So, if I were Billy Corgan, I'd be trying to work out the details on how to get WWE out of the "buy TNA to get the tape library" business. Figure out how to let WWE have the tape library without buying the company.

Note: I really don't think WWE is worried about TNA as competition.

I agree that WWE would not do that. Doesn't make sense. If Impact Wrestling continues, then WWE wouldn't even use the tape library on WWE Network with the exception of using a match or two for an AJ Styles or Samoa Joe compilation. The only way that WWE buys the tape library is if it comes with everything, just like he did with TNA. That way, talent relations can bring on the guys and gals that they think are worth while, release the talent that they have no interest in keeping. Guys like EC3 will probably get rebranded to Derrick Bateman, and Lashley will probably want to leave again because he doesn't want to give up his MMA career.

I'm hearing the very negative feedback, which I respect. But I don't think some people understood what I was proposing, which tells me that I didn't explain it well.

The idea is that

1. WWE buys the TNA library as of Oct 1, 2016 for $500 per hour, around $1,000,000 from TNA or Impact Ventures or Corgan Media or Aroluxe or whoever.

2. The footage becomes WWE property to use on the WWE network, on WWE DVDs, on RAW/SD whatever.

3. TNA/Impact also has the right to use the footage on Impact and on PPVs, licensed from WWE, for some nominal fee. (Maybe there are some limitations here, details to be worked out--how much footage TNA can use.)

4. WWE and TNA also agree, on a rolling basis, that WWE will continue to buy TNA's content at the same $500/hour rate.

WWE would be getting the TNA library going forward.

As for TNA not being able to expand on their own history, they already can't do that because they completely turned over the talent roster. But if Corgan comes up with some plan to use old TNA footage, it would still be available for TNA to use on Impact.

Dtosm5150: Meant to quote you to reply, but the sale of the library would give WWE full rights to use everything, TNA logos and trademarks and all.

Only works if WWE can control the output, which is against the idea of selling just the library...

Most likely scheme at this point is WWE buys TNA outright, allows Corgan with "help" to run the show for 18 months-2 years as part of the deal as part of "the staff"... Corgan can buy WWE stock or get options in lieu of his stake depending how ballsy he is... the library goes to WWE, the future is in his and possibly someone like Regal's hands... not a bad outcome for TNA...

I have an issue with this "tape library" argument.

Nowhere has it ever been said that this is what WWE is interested in. It's never been brought up in the last 16 years that WWE is interested in buying companies "for their tape library".

The only reason why this term gets thrown around is because that was one of the reasons why the WWF bought out WCW (among other reasons, the main one being: Vince wanting to thrash around his proverbial dick and show everyone how big it is). It's only thing we know for certain that came out of that deal.

Since then, ECW, ROH, TNA and every other company under God's yellow sun has been treated like WCW. "WWE wants them for their tape library, that's the only thing it's worth".

I'm sure that the tape library is one of the benefits that comes with buying TNA out, however we have to look at the bigger picture. WWE didn't acquire just WCW's tape library, it took it's entire IP (the tape library being part of that). That's the reason why they could debut Booker T as Booker T or Diamond Dallas Page as Diamond Dallas Page.

If the WWE buys TNA, it won't be only for its tape library. It'll be a claim on the entire IP, meaning they can acquire talent and use just about anything TNA's ever created. On top of this, WWE gets to jump on the foothold that TNA has already in the Indian market which is quite large as we learned some years ago. There are a number of things more valuable than a tape library.

With that said, to assume that WWE cares only about the damn tape library would be idiotic. It's one of those things that us internet fans have spread around to the n-th degree and it's become one of those "facts" even though there hasn't been a single report, not even a rumor, that states that this is what WWE is after.

So to refer back to the topic here: no, it wouldn't be genius. Why would WWE want to only purchase the rights to the tape library? Why would WWE want it in the first place? So they can sell a few DVDs on AJ, Roode and Joe?

Keep in mind that the WWE doesn't even want TNA referenced on TV. With only having the tape library and not ownership of the entire company, do you honestly think they'd run FOOTAGE from TNA while TNA is being ran by Corgan or Dixie?

That's literally free advertisement of TNA in the highest degree. Thousands of DVD sales, showing AJ's best work in TNA and thus promoting TNA as the place where AJ, Joe and Roode started. It raises curiosity and at the very least improves TNA's brand awareness. There's absolutely no way WWE would go for this. The payoff for them does not outweigh the consequences.

I have an issue with this "tape library" argument.

Nowhere has it ever been said that this is what WWE is interested in. It's never been brought up in the last 16 years that WWE is interested in buying companies "for their tape library".

WCW and ECW are not the only libraries/IP sets WWE has bought. World Class, Central STates, AWA, Maple Leaf Wresling, Stampede Wrestling, plus a bunch that had been brought under the JCP --> WCW umbrella.

WWE paid the Gagne family $3M for the AWA library. I googled up stuff yesterday that said that WWE's standard rate was $500 per hour.

The only reason why this term gets thrown around is because that was one of the reasons why the WWF bought out WCW (among other reasons, the main one being: Vince wanting to thrash around his proverbial dick and show everyone how big it is). It's only thing we know for certain that came out of that deal.

Since then, ECW, ROH, TNA and every other company under God's yellow sun has been treated like WCW. "WWE wants them for their tape library, that's the only thing it's worth".

I'm sure that the tape library is one of the benefits that comes with buying TNA out, however we have to look at the bigger picture. WWE didn't acquire just WCW's tape library, it took it's entire IP (the tape library being part of that). That's the reason why they could debut Booker T as Booker T or Diamond Dallas Page as Diamond Dallas Page.

Well, most of the TNA talent were wrestling under their own copyrights. As for TNA copyrighted wrestlers, Suicide comes to mind, maybe Curry Man, Judas Mesias, Rellik--there's not much. AJ Styles, SAmoa Joe, Bobby Roode are working in WWE as Styles, Joe and Roode.

You're right, in a narrow sense, that buying the tape library would include the right to use the characters and trademarked concepts in the tape library--Fourtune, MEM, Aces and Eights, etc. I think the details can be worked out there for either company to use any of it as part of the agreement--Impact Ventures could sell the IP to WWE as Part A of the agreement, while Part B allows Impact Ventures to license any of it for Impact TV for $1 a year or something. And maybe PArt C prohibits WWE from using the TNA PPV names for WWE PPV.

If the WWE buys TNA, it won't be only for its tape library. It'll be a claim on the entire IP, meaning they can acquire talent and use just about anything TNA's ever created. On top of this, WWE gets to jump on the foothold that TNA has already in the Indian market which is quite large as we learned some years ago.

WWE already has an Indian TV contract, so they might not be able to take advantage of the Sony deal.

There are a number of things more valuable than a tape library.

Those things are more valuable to TNA/Impact Wrestling/Corgan Sports Inc, but probably not that valuable to WWE. (In my opinion)

With that said, to assume that WWE cares only about the damn tape library would be idiotic. It's one of those things that us internet fans have spread around to the n-th degree and it's become one of those "facts" even though there hasn't been a single report, not even a rumor, that states that this is what WWE is after.

So to refer back to the topic here: no, it wouldn't be genius.

That's fair. I can never tell with my ideas like this--they're off-the-wall to the point where I can't fairly judge.

Why would WWE want to only purchase the rights to the tape library? Why would WWE want it in the first place? So they can sell a few DVDs on AJ, Roode and Joe?

Yes. Plus Angle, fluff out their Sting package, maybe take another ride on the Hulk Hogan nostalgia train. Maybe something tracing the Kliq/ NWO/ DX /3LiveKRu/ The Band/.

WWE Network content, DVD content, etc. It may not seem like much to us, but the reality is that WWE pays $500 a month for pro wrestling TV tape, whether it's ECW or Central States. What the heck are they going to do with the Central STates library? I don't know, but they have some sort of plan. (No disrespect to the old timers who loved Central STates, it's just that I'm 43 and I have no idea who was there or when etc.)

Keep in mind that the WWE doesn't even want TNA referenced on TV. With only having the tape library and not ownership of the entire company, do you honestly think they'd run FOOTAGE from TNA while TNA is being ran by Corgan or Dixie?

Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't. But the evidence suggests that WWE is willing to pay for territorial tape libraries. MAybe it's just Vince's ego and he wants to collect it all. Maybe it's seen as a minimal investment that future developments might turn into gold.

That's literally free advertisement of TNA in the highest degree. Thousands of DVD sales, showing AJ's best work in TNA and thus promoting TNA as the place where AJ, Joe and Roode started.

That might be true. But is TNA today, or Impact WRestling (name change probably goes with ownership change), the same place? If WWE can sell The AJ STyles Compendium DVDs, and use that to use AJ Styles to sell tickets, does it really matter to WWE if 350,000 people watch Impact on Pop vs 300,000?

It raises curiosity and at the very least improves TNA's brand awareness. There's absolutely no way WWE would go for this. The payoff for them does not outweigh the consequences.

Fairly argued, I just think that, for WWE, the payoff (the benefits of using the TNA footage to boost Styles, Joe, Roode, maybe a returning Angle) and the consequences (promoting TNA/Impact today) are both pretty small, in line with the $1M or so investment WWE would be making in buying the 2002-16 TNA library. (And $70000 a year for the Impact library going forward.)

This would never work. TNA's problem according to many TNA alumni is that the casual fan STILL has no idea they exist

Personally, I think that this is a crutch that some within TNA attempt to use and it's not something that carries much weight anymore. TNA has had billboards advertising themselves in Times Square, they've had wrestlers that are huge names in wrestling, whether it be hardcore or casual, that every fan knows about. They launched a campaign to go head to head against WWE on Monday nights that got mainstream press coverage, etc. After being in operation for nearly 15 years and spending huge sums of money to hype their product, I don't see how anyone who cares to watch TNA hasn't been able to at some point along the way.

As for the tape library, you and others have it right, in my mind, as WWE isn't going to purchase the library without buying the entire company. They'll want to expand the WWE Network and make the TNA brand part of the "WWE Universe" as they have with other properties like WCW, WCCW, AWA, Mid-South/UWF, Florida Championship Wrestling, Georgia Championship Wrestling, etc. and that only really happens if they own anything & everything associated with TNA.

While it is a longshot that's so long that you're probably more likely to snipe a falling star, I would love it if the WWE suddenly had a library of TNA content on the Network.

I probably don't even qualify as a casual TNA fan, but I remember watching back in 2011 and seeing some of the most amazing ring work I've ever seen. Psychology would be blended seamlessly with ridiculously athletic moves (most of the time), I was hooked up until things got really weird with the whole Hogan and Abyss thing.

If the Network just suddenly uploaded the entire library in one huge splurge of an upload, I'd probably binge watch harder than I've ever binge watched before.

While it is a longshot that's so long that you're probably more likely to snipe a falling star, I would love it if the WWE suddenly had a library of TNA content on the Network.

I probably don't even qualify as a casual TNA fan, but I remember watching back in 2011 and seeing some of the most amazing ring work I've ever seen. Psychology would be blended seamlessly with ridiculously athletic moves (most of the time), I was hooked up until things got really weird with the whole Hogan and Abyss thing.

If the Network just suddenly uploaded the entire library in one huge splurge of an upload, I'd probably binge watch harder than I've ever binge watched before.

Wow so you've never heard of youtube? Is WWE network the only video option within your means to give you wrestling content? :banghead: TNA content exists all over the internet. You have no reason as to why you cannot watch TNA the minute after you read this. TNA footage is not rare or hidden that you would need WWE to buy it and uncover it for you or any fan to discover it. You WWE fans do not keep a piece of revenue from WWE's acquisitions with the "I would love TNA's library on the Network." The only person who should love it are the people that actually benefit which are HHH/Stephanie/Vince McMahon. Nothing changes for you because you can literally watch the same content that you so crave a tab away if you stop being lazy and just type in Sting/TNA, Roode/TNA, AJ/TNA, Kurt Angle/TNA, etc. Nothing can stop a TNA splurge now! :shrug:

Btw, Hogan/Abyss angle was in 2010 not 2011. That angle went on around the same time that WWE had a midget's courtroom under the ring featuring Hornswoggle/DX/HHH. Don't sit there and say it's wacky when I'm sure a WWE fan as yourself continued to consume nonsense like that from WWE on a weekly basis. TNA had it's weird moments like any promotion. No need to bastardize them and treat them like a special case

The way I look at it, the TNA library is practically worthless to TNA. What I mean by that is they have no real way of turning that tape library into revenue. They can't make any money selling DVDs, they haven't made real money with the old TNA Vault service, etc. They're not going to make any money selling the legacy of Styles, Joe, JArrett, TNA Raven, Main Event Mafia, the Hogan-Bischoff era, Aces and Eights, Ultimate X, etc. They don't have the structure to monetize it. They just don't. WWE does.

That's what I've never understood about TNA, how they can't make money off their product when the WWE makes millions off the same product.

Now people will argue that the WWE has the exposure and the resources, but TNA had that, not as much but they could have done something ages ago to bring in the revenue. I mean shit it's not like they didn't have the talent. Instead you have a noodle brain like Dixie Carter, I don't know the woman but her track record isn't good. She might call herself a businesswoman but she is a bad businesswoman. The only thing keeping TNA afloat all this time was her parents company Panda Energy. It just seemed to me that this was a plaything for her and she didn't take it seriously enough, which is a shame because others are expecting it to work so they can pay their bills.

If they had followed the WWE model, charged fans to come see the shows, maybe taken the show on the road more often, it would have brought in the revenue. Please realize I'm not talking about the company as it stands now, but ten years ago they could at least tried to make it work for them.

I remember waiting to hear of a TNA that was rumoured to come to Toronto, that was when they were talent rich. Never heard a word and learned a month after the show they had been here. It was never publicized, no announcements on Impact nothing. They took the show on the road and didn't tell anyone where they were going. Only about 300 fans showed up, and I now there would have been more if only we had known the date and times.

It's too late now those fans have moved on. TNA could be used as a clinical study in how to take a successful business and run it into the ground.

This whole plan would never work and would never happen. Unlike WCW, TNA isn't as notable of a company. It doesn't get the exposure it needs to succeed. WCW had mainstream network TV, MAJOR stars in the business (Hogan, Hall, Nash to start), and the financial support to back it to get big. TNA doesn't and really hasn't had that. They had some big stars, but unfortunately they all were WELL past their prime. They had a Hogan who couldn't work a match anymore, Jeff Hardy who has been in and out of rehab, Kurt Angle who was on the decline, Booker T who also was WELL past his prime, you get the picture? They had guys like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode who they LET leave because they couldn't pay them. Styles went to Japan, made his name bigger, and finally came to the WWE and it's worked. Samoa Joe came to WWE and is probably going to be in the next wave of call ups. Bobby Roode's WWE career is just getting started but he has the makings of a potential star.

Vince wants the tapes for guys like Sting, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, etc. But he I think is looking at it as a way to gain MORE talent. There are guys in TNA that have built their characters since leaving WWE, guys like EC3, Drew Galloway, Matt Hardy, etc that Vince could use with the brand split.

Vince wants the tapes, he wants the company. But he won't just take the tapes. It defeats the purpose. But he also won't lose sleep if he doesn't get it.

That's what I've never understood about TNA, how they can't make money off their product when the WWE makes millions off the same product.

Now people will argue that the WWE has the exposure and the resources, but TNA had that, not as much but they could have done something ages ago to bring in the revenue. I mean shit it's not like they didn't have the talent. Instead you have a noodle brain like Dixie Carter, I don't know the woman but her track record isn't good. She might call herself a businesswoman but she is a bad businesswoman. The only thing keeping TNA afloat all this time was her parents company Panda Energy. It just seemed to me that this was a plaything for her and she didn't take it seriously enough, which is a shame because others are expecting it to work so they can pay their bills.

If they had followed the WWE model, charged fans to come see the shows, maybe taken the show on the road more often, it would have brought in the revenue. Please realize I'm not talking about the company as it stands now, but ten years ago they could at least tried to make it work for them.

I remember waiting to hear of a TNA that was rumoured to come to Toronto, that was when they were talent rich. Never heard a word and learned a month after the show they had been here. It was never publicized, no announcements on Impact nothing. They took the show on the road and didn't tell anyone where they were going. Only about 300 fans showed up, and I now there would have been more if only we had known the date and times.

It's too late now those fans have moved on. TNA could be used as a clinical study in how to take a successful business and run it into the ground.

I agree 100%. I feel like had Dixie not run Jeff Jarrett out of the company, he would know to travel a bit more. When he was there, they didn't have the exposure they needed or the funds to go on the road. But having 1 TV taping every 4 or more weeks and NOT charging for it, while also not going on the road and having your PPV events in the same FREE arena, it's a recipe for disaster.

They didn't need to go to major venues like Madison Square Garden or the Staples Center, but smaller venues that were cheaper to secure and you could charge a fee for entry would have benefited them, ESPECIALLY when the product was at its peak.

They can't do it now because they have no money, and they don't make money because they don't charge entry fees. They needed someone in charge who KNOWS the business.

I know Paul Heyman had his financial issues with ECW, but he legit didn't have the financial resources to keep it afloat. If he had Dixie Carters budget when she started off with TNA, it'd be actual competition for WWE because Heyman KNOWS the business.

Looks like OP might have been right. I love when people rip something like this to shreds and than it actually ends up happening showing their complete lack of knowledge on the subject...

Good call OP.

Premise 1. The only value TNA has to WWE is the tape library. WWE is not going pay extra just to shut it down, and is not going to operate it as a fourth "brand".

Premise 2. The tape library isn't making TNA/Impact Wrestling any significant money.

So is there a deal possible where TNA sells the tape library to WWE for a "fair price", and Corgan (or Aroluxe, I suppose) operates Impact going forward?

What's a fair price? A "fair price" would be determined by comparison to what WWE paid per hour for the other tape libraries (besides ECW and WCW). According to a f4wonline article from 2014 that I can't google up (I get plenty of wrestling news sites reporting on the article though), f4wonline cited the "going rate" as $500 an hour. Between the weekly PPVs, 2 hours of Impact for about 10 years and monthly PPVs for 10 years, I count about 2000 hours of TV/PPV. 2000 * $500 = $1,000,000.

IF you're angling to buy and operate TNA, wouldn't you want WWE out of the bidding? I would. HEck, work in a clause where WWE buys the rights to the Impact back catalogue for $2000/month on a rolling basis, provided that Impact Wrestling can still use the footage for their shows, advertising, etc under license from WWE.

Genius!! I’m currently on Money In The Bank 2010, but now I can’t wait to watch WWE PPVs and TNA PPVs in chronological order together, starting with Victory Road 2004. I love seeing SuperStars go from one company to another, especially if it happens from one month to the next.

Looks like OP might have been right. I love when people rip something like this to shreds and than it actually ends up happening showing their complete lack of knowledge on the subject...

Good call OP.

HAHA!! Billy Corgan should completely rebrand TNA to Impact Wrestling Championship, or IWC for short.

Fuck me sideways. Regardless of my arguments, props to the OP and anyone else who guessed this. I'll admit when I'm dead wrong - here I'm dead wrong.

Now someone make a new thread about this - this is pretty insane.

I think the deal in essence "kills" TNA/Impact Wrestling and it will be completely rebranded as a new company with new championships/lineages. Corgan essentially bought the talent contracts and assets where WWE bought the rights to TNA/Impact Wrestling with the video library. I'm sure there's a clause where the name has to be changed, championships changed, lineage changed etc. I'm sure the Knockouts won't be the Knockouts anymore as a result. Show names will likely be changed. In essence, Corgan bought the ability to start up a brand new company with none of the legwork needed.

I don't belive that WWE just bought the video library and that's it look how much Dixie lied to the talent at the TNA impact tapings this week. The WWE definitely got some talent out of the deal like the Hardys or other talent they felt they could use. Smackdown roster currently has no credible faces outside of Orton, Cena n Ambrose Raw doesn't have any besides Seth, and Zayn that could challenge for a world title. They need more talent they have 3 brands again and they need talent to showcase. I can't see them buying it to make a couple of DVDS, and for the Network. Vince and their party are too good of business men for that. I believe there is more to this then just the sale of the video library if so why take the belt off of Lashley already? I'm hoping WWE gets more than a video library out of this. But as for Impact wrestling I enjoyed their run they went hard did well created great stars just made too many bad decisions trying to compete with WWE instead of just maintaining as a wrestling promotion and see how far they could go. Smashing Pumpkin I wish the best of luck but his best bet is to become a partner with WWE.

OP be like;

1088820.jpg

I disregarded this thread because I thought the scenario was too farfetched. Truth is stranger than fiction, today. I suspect a lot of conflicting reports to come, but I'm quite intrigued by what's going on behind the scenes, which is a sentiment I generally avoid in wrestling.

Real talk though; is there any chance this translates to Samoa Joe getting his old TNA music?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back