General Great American Bash Discussion

Predictions:

WWE Champion Triple H vs. Edge

Triple H wins this only for Edge to take it at Summer Slam in a gimmick match. Look at this like No Mercy. Replace Edge with Orton. Bioth come out fresh and have a singles match. Triple H wins. Then later on they have a gimmick match and Triple H ''puts over'' Edge. So the end result is that the heel gets the title. But Triple H is in no way made to look inferior.

I'm unsure if Triple H. v. Edge will happen in a rematch at Summerslam. Somehow I'm seeing the Undertaker returning, via Vickie's request, and a Hell in a Cell match between the two. (no title involved) I think the winner will end up getting Triple H. though, and that'll likely be the Undertaker.

Meanwhile, I see Triple H. winning here and going on to face either Umaga, The Big Show, or The Great Khali. He's gotta face a meaningless monster at Summerslam, so he can just by-pass the 2nd biggest p.p.v. of the year without looking bad.

World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk vs. Batista

This will be awful. Two years on the main roster and the only quality singles Punk match that comes to mind is the match with Morrison where he won the title. Batista has only had quality matches with Taker & Edge. I doubt I'll be wrong in thinking this won't be great. Punk wins. I'm expecting a heel turn by one of them. But I say that every month.

I wish it were Punk. As much as everyone raves him as a heel, I'm begging at this point to see it. To be honest, and I have no clue why, I'm really liking Batista on Raw to the point that I wouldn't mind seeing him win the title here. And that isn't even me disliking Punk, that's just me suddenly liking seeing Batista again.

None the less, Kane has got to make an appearance so this match can happen in a rematch, with Kane added to the mix, for Summerslam. Summerslam seems to love Triple Threats. Never fails that they always seem to have at least one. (maybe)

ECW Champion Mark Henry vs. Tommy Dreamer

Can't wait for this. Does anybody actually think that Dreamer stands a chance? This match is only happening because Finlay is busy at the moment. It'll be Finlay/Henery at Summer Slam and then we'll get the feud that nobody has been waiting for Matt Hardy vs. Mark Henry. The only thing these two share is initials.

I could give a shit less about Matt Hardy v. Mark Henry, but I am highly interested in seeing Finlay v. Henry. That'd be a tough, physical match I'd think. I can only hope it's a Summerslam match. That way in another 20 year's when I'm buying the next Anthology, and I watch this year's Summerslam as the first one.. I'll say "Hey, Finlay v. Henry was mildly okay."

WWE Tag Team Championship Fatal Four Way

Really looking forward to this. For no reason other than it's different. Hawkins & Ryder take the win. Actually does anybody see Chavo & Neeley becoming a fith team? Probably won't happen. But it would make it more intresting.

I could only wish. You know, I'm not gonna knock this match because like you, I'm highly interested in seeing it. When was the last time the W.W.E. even had a 3 team match, let alone 4. My only wish, is that they could've added Chavo & Neely, as well as possibly Moore & Yang, or Kendrick and his new bodyguard, and turned this into a Turmoil match.

I'm unsure if Triple H. v. Edge will happen in a rematch at Summerslam. Somehow I'm seeing the Undertaker returning, via Vickie's request, and a Hell in a Cell match between the two. (no title involved) I think the winner will end up getting Triple H. though, and that'll likely be the Undertaker.

Meanwhile, I see Triple H. winning here and going on to face either Umaga, The Big Show, or The Great Khali. He's gotta face a meaningless monster at Summerslam, so he can just by-pass the 2nd biggest p.p.v. of the year without looking bad.

This match is huge. I really is WrestleMania main event quality. They might have faced each other before. But this is the first important match between the two. There would be no groans if this was announced as the main event of Mania 25, because it's new.

That being said they've jumped the gun. They've rushed into the match and now it doesn't really mean anything. But they won't drop it after a month. No way. I might be wrong about Edge winning next month. You're right in thinking Undertaker will return. I see it happening at Summer Slma. taker really hasn't been away that long so far. Only 6 weeks. By SS it'll be nearly 3 months.

This match is huge. I really is WrestleMania main event quality. They might have faced each other before. But this is the first important match between the two. There would be no groans if this was announced as the main event of Mania 25, because it's new.

I agree that it's Mania quality. Hell, I even said I felt it was of that quality. The only time these two have met in a meaningful manner before was a Triple Threat match with Cena. Or perhaps a couple Raw single's matches during the D-X/Rated R.K.O. feud.

But this match should've truly been held off on. If anything, they could've made this match a Triple Threat w/ the Big Show, or a multi-man match with Big Show, Kennedy, Umaga, etc.

That being said they've jumped the gun. They've rushed into the match and now it doesn't really mean anything. But they won't drop it after a month. No way. I might be wrong about Edge winning next month. You're right in thinking Undertaker will return. I see it happening at Summer Slma. taker really hasn't been away that long so far. Only 6 weeks. By SS it'll be nearly 3 months.

While Taker hasn't been gone very long, I don't judge it by length, I judge it by surrounding. Meaning is he really needed? While "I" would say no, many have said yes.

And if you really think about it.. Mick Foley was "retired" by Triple H. in Feb of 2000, only to return 1 month later and Main Event Mania anyways. Sure it was a one time thing, but he didn't stay retired for longer than 3 weeks. So Undertaker being gone 6 weeks, is really a stretch considering the storyline in which he left.

I also look at it with Vickie playing games with Edge. Perhaps Taker won't return tonight, but instead Edge hits a spear then Taker's music plays, spooking him, which causes him to lose. Over the course of the next few weeks, more mind-games continue, ending up in what I can only hope is either a Casket or Hell in a Cell match. I'd assume Hell in a Cell, but I can't say I'm looking forward to it. Most Cell matches anymore absolutely suck.

While Taker hasn't been gone very long, I don't judge it by length, I judge it by surrounding. Meaning is he really needed? While "I" would say no, many have said yes.

If Taker is taking time off to heal himself then 5 weeks would just be a waste of time. He may as well have continued to wrestle and wait until he had a proper injury. That way he'd get 6 months rest.

Also if Vickie allows him to return it would make Undertaker look week. Imagine him at home doing nothing. Then on the Saturday after the wedding Vickie calls him up in Death Valley. Undertaker eagerly picks up the phone and speaks to her. He can't wait to return. ''Thank you for this second chance Ms. Guerrero''.

As far as I'm concerned he can stay away fro a while. I'm bored of him. His matches are decent. But he's been exactly the same for 4 years now. A heel turn is needed.

Also if Vickie allows him to return it would make Undertaker look week. Imagine him at home doing nothing. Then on the Saturday after the wedding Vickie calls him up in Death Valley. Undertaker eagerly picks up the phone and speaks to her. He can't wait to return. ''Thank you for this second chance Ms. Guerrero''.

As far as I'm concerned he can stay away fro a while. I'm bored of him. His matches are decent. But he's been exactly the same for 4 years now. A heel turn is needed.

Agreed. The Vickie phone call to him is just hilarious to think about too. I can just see it now.

(Vickie) "Look, I want you to come back and make that son of a bitch, Edge's life, a living hell! You're rehired!"

(Undertaker) "But I was resting.. in.. piece." You can even hear off in the distant.. "Ohhh, yeeesssss" :lmao:

At any rate. How could he turn heel though? No way he'd side with Edge, and Edge is already on his way to being the greatest heel the W.W.E. has ever seen. He turned Vickie into one of the most over heel G.M.'s ever, and now he's going to single-handedly turn her face.

I could see Taker being heel against Triple H., come Survivor Series though. Unsure why, especially since Triple H. loves being the heel and he's honestly better at being a heel than he is at being a face. He's boring as a face.

Agreed. The Vickie phone call to him is just hilarious to think about too. I can just see it now.

(Vickie) "Look, I want you to come back and make that son of a bitch, Edge's life, a living hell! You're rehired!"

(Undertaker) "But I was resting.. in.. piece." You can even hear off in the distant.. "Ohhh, yeeesssss" :lmao:

At any rate. How could he turn heel though? No way he'd side with Edge, and Edge is already on his way to being the greatest heel the W.W.E. has ever seen. He turned Vickie into one of the most over heel G.M.'s ever, and now he's going to single-handedly turn her face.

I could see Taker being heel against Triple H., come Survivor Series though. Unsure why, especially since Triple H. loves being the heel and he's honestly better at being a heel than he is at being a face. He's boring as a face.

There's no reason why Edge couldn't become a face again. The only reason he was getting booed in 2004 was because he'd not changed since 2000. Now he's changed sufficiently enough for the fans to really get behind him.

It's better than HHH as face. He's exactly the same as when he's heel. And Taker was always more intresting as a heel.

i really think the edge vs hhh feud will continue after the bash triple h current title reign is boring to say the least and there gonna look to put the belt back on edge sooner rather then later, plus the main event for the SmackDown taping in Atlanta on 8/5 will be Triple H vs Edge for the WWE Championship.

No way will Edge turn face. Who's do they have to replace him who even comes near him in charisma skills and promo work? Besides, Edge was a good face in 02/03 partly because of his awesomeness in the ring: great high-flying skills combined with solid mat work. I'm not sure he has all that any more, not with the passing of the years and his neck injury. As a heel, that doesn't matter. As a face, I think it would.

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yes. I don't see Taker returning for a good while. I mean really a good while. As in Survivor Series, because he needs to be back a while before Mania, but I'd be surprised if he wants to rush back in to the fray. They don't really need him at the moment anyway. In fact, he'd just get in the way on Smackdown because the roster is so star-stacked, and with RAW - I predict - being full of Regalness for a good while, he wouldn't really help there either.

The other matches...Natalya to beat McCool, Jericho to go over Michaels, JBL to beat Cena (he's lost so many times, surely this time he gets to win, particularly with DiBiase and Rhodes in his corner. And it's a gimmick match, so Cena can lose without looking at all weak). And Hardy to retain over Shelton. He'll drop the belt eventually, sure, but to Shelton? Just no.

No way will Edge turn face. Who's do they have to replace him who even comes near him in charisma skills and promo work?

Well Smackdown now has the might Triple H. His in ring work is dull, and so are his promos in my eyes. But he's popular with a loit who attend WWE shows.

Big Show only has his promo work going for him at this stage in his career. I'm sure Kennedy is capable of talking, Umaga is supposed to be learning English as well.

You also have MVP. Who's probably the closes thing WWE have to Edge when it comes to charismatic heels.

you know what? I honestly would not be that opposed to having Vickie and Taker together for a while... like, working together... maybe Vickie possessing an urn? probably not but just a thought.

you know what? I honestly would not be that opposed to having Vickie and Taker together for a while... like, working together... maybe Vickie possessing an urn? probably not but just a thought.

If Vickie controlled the Undertaker via an urn, to attack Edge.. it'd be like one heel controlling a face, to go after another heel. It'd make for an interesting storyline, and very unique.. but in the end, it'll never happen.

A.) Taker has eclipsed way beyond being controlled by an urn.
B.) Noone would want to see that storyline, as they'd boo the shit out of Vickie & end up cheering Edge, which could in return actually hurt the Undertaker.

Here are my predictions:

WWE Championship
Looking forward to this match. It will be a great one. I see one of the title matches ending in DQ. In the end, I see HHH winning via DQ. La Familia will come out and help Edge attack HHH when all of a sudden the lights go off. Then when the lights come back on Taker and HHH (when he comes back to his feet) clean house, setting up a triple threat at Summerslam between HHH-Edge-Taker.

If the match doesnt end in DQ, as one poster already stated Edge will appear to have the match won until the lights go off and when the lights comes back on HHH pedigrees Edge and retains the title, setting up Edge-Taker at SS.

WHC Championship
I see CM Punk losing the title......just not tonight. Batista will have the match won after a Batista Bomb but Kane will interfere in the match as the ref is knocked out and chokeslam him, allowing Punk to get the pin fall over him. That will set up Batista-Kane at SS.

ECW Championship
Henry destroys Dreamer and will fight Big Show at SS.

Cena-JBL
I think this will be a fun match to watch. Both guys really excel in these type of brawls. I want JBL to win because he has lost to Cena four times already this year but after what happened Monday, I expect Cena to go over yet again and then maybe go on and fight Punk at SS.

Jericho-Michaels
I can't wait to watch this match! This will be the match of the night, no question about that. I see Jericho cheating to win somehow, evening the score at 1-1 and then they will have some type of gimmick match to finish the fued.

Tag Team Championships
I wouldnt be surprised if Morrison and Miz retain but I am going to go with Hornswoggle and Finlay winning the titles here.

US Championship
Should be a good match between Benjamin and Hardy but Hardy retains and maybe goes on and fight his brother in a ladder match at SS.

Divas Championship
Natalya cheats to win.

I'm looking forward to this PPV because I don't know what to expect from some of these matches. Hope to see a surprise or two tonight.

my predictions / thoughts

WWE Championship - Triple H vs Edge : Here im gonna go with Triple H even though i would want to see it on Edge more than Triple H. No offense to The Game , but he has been kind of boring lately his promos are very boring (in my opinion). They wouldnt take it off of Triple H right after he was traded to Smackdown so.... Triple H

World Heavyweight Championship - CM Punk vs Batista : Here if this wasn't storylined Batista would absolutely destroy CM Punk. I mean look at the size diffrence 232 to 300. 6'1 to 6'6. Punk's reign as championhas been good as defeated JBL and Edge. I would personally like to see Batista as a heel and champion again then form Evolution with Randy Orton. But mostl likely Kane interfers costs Batista the match then have Batista vs. Kane at next PPV , Summerslam/

ECW Championship - Mark Henry vs. Tommy Dreamer : Squash with Mark Henry retaining probably facing Show at SS. I would like to see Big Show hold title as well as Tommy Dreamer , but thats life.

Grudge Match - Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho : I see Jericho getting the win here which hopefully will end this fued so Cade and Jericho can move on. This should be and excellent match with y2j winning.

US Championship - Matt Hardy vs Shelton Benjamin : I would lik to see Benjamin hold a title which might happen having Benjamin bring that title back to the Smackdown brand. Hardy then could go for the ECW Title.

NYC Brawl - John Cena vs JBL : A good brawl type match. I see Cena winning with Cryme Tyme's help after Dibiase/Rhodes come into the match. They might have and angle where JBL gets injured and sends DiBiase/Rhodes after Cena and Cryme Tyme while Cena faces Punk at SS loses because of DiBise/Rhodes and JBL.

Tag Championship: Ryder/Hawkins vs Miz/Morrison vs Finlay/Swoggle vs. Festus/Jesee: Simply a match of Miz/Morrison losing the tag titles sending Morrison to bigger things.

Womens Championship - Mccool vs Natalya : I want McCool to win adn that probably will happen since she and Natalya will have good matches.

WWE Championship: I really can't wait to see this match. With all of the surprises the WWE has been pulling out lately this is going to be a Great match. I can only see The Game reataining here. The match could have used a little more build but its the WWE here.

World Heavyweight: I see Batista accidentaly spearing the ref, Kane comes out chokeslams Batista, Punk goes for the pin wakes up the ref and gets a three count. Therefore setting up either Batista vs Punk rematch or Kane vs Batista at SS.

ECW Championship: Mark Henry beat Dreamer in the standard 2:50 match

Divas Championship: Natalya wins hopefully. She can actually wrestle.

United States championship: Matt Hardy retains.

Tag Team: This will be a pretty decent match. Hopefully Hawkins and Ryder wins as they are a pretty good tag team

NYC Parking Lot Brawl: JBL needs to win this to gain any credibilty to be cosidered a number on contender. John Cena has beaten him four tomes this year already.

Grudge Match: If this match doesn't steal the show then damn it i don't know what i will do. Shawn and Chris destroyed the set at Mania XIX. They did it again at Judgement Day 08, and i guarantee they will do it again. As much as i love Shawn, Chris needs to go over to gain his credibilty back as much as JBL does.

It seems like a pretty good card. I will be Ordering it i know that much

I wouldn't bank on a Kane run in. Batista vs Kane has been done numerous times on Smackdown and they've both been in triple threats together so why have them at the second biggest show of the year.

I see Punk retaining and facing Cena at SummerSlam. Then Batista going on to feud with Michaels and Jericho so they can end their feud with a triple threat at SummerSlam, and Kane going on to face JBL.

WWE Championship
Triple H retains. Would rather have Edge win it a thousand times more. But whatever.. Possibly La Familia screw over Edge and he teams up with Alicia Fox similar to how he did with Lita in 2006

World Heavyweight
CM Punk retains. Not quite sure how. Dusty finish with Punk hitting the GTS and getting the 3 count after some dubious decision or ref bump.

Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho
Jericho to go over in a dubious way. (Possible Cade interference) Then next night on RAW Michaels says he wants a Triple Threat between him, Jericho and Batista at SummerSlam to prove really who is the better man.

John Cena vs JBL In A NYC Parking Lot Brawl
John Cena goes over with the help of Cryme Tyme.

ECW Title
Henry wins after a spirited fight back from Dreamer.

United States Championship
Hardy wins. Although I'd like Shelton to be champion. Not enough build to permit at title change.

Divas Championship
Natalya wins the ugliest belt in WWE history.

Fatal Four Way WWE Tag Team Title Match
Miz and Morrison drop the belts without getting pinned. Hawkins and Ryder win to defend at SummerSlam in a multi team TLC match (taking after Edge)

Has the potential to be great or poor. Annoying to see Kennedy, Umaga, Jeff Hardy and MVP left off a card which contains Mark Henry and Hornswoggle for the second PPV running. Would be nice to see Kofi in action as well. But it's free in the UK so I'll be watching for sure!

GREAT AMERICAN BASH REVIEW

WWE Tag Team Championship - Morrison/Miz vs. Finlay/Hornswoggle vs. Hawkins/Ryder vs. Jesse/Festus
--This match had potential, but didn't live up to it. Essentially, it existed of quick moves one after another, in random choice, until out of the blue, there's new champions. We didn't get to see a "story being told" throughout the match...didn't see consistency on anything...etc. Nobody looked bad and nobody looked good. Basically, the match was pointless outside of removing the belts from Morrison and Miz without making them look bad. Not very impressive at all. Hawkins and Ryder were the best choices out of the 3 challengers, but they get zero reaction from the crowd, so we'll see if their reign is a dud or not. Hopefully, the consequence of this match is a main event push for Morrison and a midcard title push for Miz (challenger for Kofi's IC title?).

United States Championship - Matt Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin
--Pretty good match. Typical Hardy stuff, though. Very, very glad that Shelton won the title, as I've hated Matt's US reign.

ECW Championship - Mark Henry vs. Tommy Dreamer
--As laborious as we all thought it would be, though I was surprised at how much offense Dreamer got off. Even more surprising was Colin's heel turn...and even more surprising will be if they have him dominate anybody as a heel that isn't Nunzio, Hornswoggle, Super Crazy, or Funaki lol.

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho
--Very good match...weird ending. Too many matches on this ppv ended without real, true endings (much to which Will, I think it was, predicted, so good job). This one could've easily just ended with Jericho hitting the Codebreaker and pinning Michaels.

WWE Divas Championship - Michelle McCool vs. Natalya
--Boring. Thankfully it was short. Natalya should've won.

World Heavyweight Championship - CM Punk vs. Batista
--Boring again. I'll admit, it was better than I thought it was going to be, but that's not saying much. What's even more annoying is that we all knew Kane was going to come out and attack them, so that wasn't a surprise, but they didn't show what was in the bag, so now it means they're going to drag it out longer...which means that several weeks of the same thing without a change is going to make me dislike the storyline and not give a shit anymore.

New York City Parking Lot Brawl - John Cena vs. JBL
--Another bore. It wouldn't have been as bad if it would've had the crowd and the announcers. Plus, it was so cheesy at times. The prerecorded spots, as someone in the live discussion said, felt like a really bad action movie. I really hope JBL was injured in the match and is gone for a while lol.

WWE Championship - Triple H vs. Edge
--Sadly, another bore. Knowing that HHH was going to retain made it harder for me to get into the match on top of how the previous few matches just sucked the excitement right out of me. Wtf was up with that ending, too? Alicia comes out to put the WWE title in the ring, but you can't tell if she's trying to help Edge or not. Vickie comes out, attacking Alicia as opposed to Edge. Edge goes to spear...Alicia? Vickie? At least Edge came out of the match looking pretty dominant.

OVERALL: This ppv was a bust. The matches in general were just too standard (or sub-standard), the endings of many of the matches just didn't feel right (except for Shelton's win), they ran probably a full hour's worth of promos that we've seen 3 times a week for the past month already.....etc. I'd write more, but it tired me out too much.

This is a bit late, but after watching the Great American Bash PPV, I was reminded that Kane is once again a heel. Examining that, has anyone noticed that Kane has probably flopped from face to heel in the WWE more than any wrestler in history? How was he even a face to begin with? On screen, he's performed some of the most evil acts in WWE history, and yet people continue to forget within very short time and cheer for him again. I think mainstream audiences should really see by now that he's never gonna hold a solid face or heel spot. And this is probably good reason as to why he's only had a cup of coffee with the World Title (I really see the ECW Title as being like a 3rd IC/US Title so I exclude that from the that last comment).For example, Stone Cold turned heel at WrestleMania XVII. It was very effective, and he kept at the top because it was so unexpected. If all of this is true in regards to why Kane can't seem to reach that top spot, can we just leave him heel and see where it goes? And to all the marks who are actually in disbelief that Kane is going heel again, Come on. I think he's shown his true colors on plenty of occasions. How many chances are we gonna give this guy?

While I missed the first 3 matches, the matches I did watch weren't all that bad. The Shawn Michaels vs Chris Jericho match was great but for some reason I just expected something more. The ending was lame just as this whole fake eye injury has been lame. The match was well paced but some reason, I preferred their Judgment Day bout. At least Y2J finally picked up a win over Shawn.

The Divas Championship match wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was actually fairly entertaining. I was shocked that Michelle McCool won it though as I was expecting Natalya to win. I would have liked it to go for a little longer since it was the first ever Divas Championship match.

I actually really liked the CM Punk vs Batista match. I was expecting it to be poor so maybe that's why I liked it. Both men worked together really well, which I found surprising. I didn't think Kane would intervene but unfortuntely he did. I guess we could see a triple threat at Summerslam between Punk, Kane and Batista. I'm sure Punk earned a lot of people's respect after this match. A very good 13 minute match.

Next up was the Parking lot brawl match between John Cena and JBL. I love parking lot brawl matches for some reason and I thought this match was great. It had good spots and it was different and unique. The beginning was really well done with Cena hiding in one of the cars. The ending could have been a little better but the match as a whole was very entertaining. I would recommend you watch this match if you like Hardcore matches. I predicted a JBL victory and I'm glad he won. It gives the guy a little more credibility.

The main event between Triple H and Edge started off slow and boring. It took about 8 minutes for the match to get in the next gear and from then on, it was a decent bout. I was expecting a little more but I actually think the lack of hype really hurt this match. The ending was great with the whole Edge spearing Vickie thing, but who exactly was Edge even trying to spear?? I doubt he wanted to spear the ref or the wedding planner, and Trips wasn't even near the cat fight. That left me a little dumbfounded.

The 5 matches I saw were very good. None of them were poor. My favourite matches were the Parking Lot Brawl, The HBK vs Y2J match and surprisingly, the CM Punk/Batista match.

The ppv was ok but there wasn't any good surprises besides shelton winning the us title and kanes interference. but I am interested to see whats going to happen next in the cm punk/batista/kane feud.

TheOneBigWill's 'take' on the Great American Bash: July 20th, 2008:

The Matches:

W.W.E. Tag Team Championships: Fatal Four-Way: John Morrison & The Miz (c.) v. Family Finlay v. Hawkins & Ryder v. Jesse & Festus: The night started off in the right way to me, as this was truly the main match I'd wanted to see. Why? Because it's such a rare moment to see the Tag Team Champions wrestling, let alone defending their titles, on Pay Per View. And to add even more, it was against 3 other teams.

The one match-up specifically in this match I'd dreamed of, in a sick-mind and violent sense, was Festus against Hornswoggle. Thanks to Miz & Morrison, that just happened to be the opening bell encounter. Unfortunately, apparently Festus has a weakness to midgets, because the mildly ******ed bastard didn't touch him. Instead, Hornswoggle suicide dived into the Tag Champs, and somehow Miz ended up getting fed to the "Corn-fed Colossus".

The match itself could've went just a tad longer in my opinion, and in the end the team that may of had the least amount of chances to win, ended up coming out with the titles. That team, was Hawkins & Ryder. In my opinion of this Championship victory, it seems the W.W.E.'s new path to glory is one that doesn't need you to be worthy in their eyes.

First C.M. Punk becomes a World Champion, later in this p.p.v. (as a matter of fact the next match) sees another "wtf" moment and a new Champion crowned, and then this. Hawkins and Ryder, the W.W.E.'s answer to jobbing in style, apparently. So where will they go? Are they with Edge, or Vickie? Does it even matter? Are they even with anyone? The fact is, they didn't get hardly any time to show that they could be Champions in this match, and ended up getting lucky at the end, by literally falling into victory.

United States Championship: Matt Hardy (c.) v. Shelton Benjamin: I said it just a moment ago, and I'm finding myself saying it once again. In the second straight "wtf" moment of the night as far as it goes with crowning new Champions, Shelton Benjamin comes into this match with one single victory over Matt Hardy on a Smackdown that was a week or so ago, and nothing else. No push, no build, hell some people might of even had a hard time believing Shelton was even getting a title shot, because the match itself wasn't even announced until the day prior.

None the less, this match went just a hair over what I'd liked it to go. It seemed that both men were just having an awkward time with each other, and the action to me didn't really pick up until the end of the match. The reason I say it should've been a shorter match, is because Benjamin isn't your stamina - long distance - go-to-guy, when it goes to wasting time. Matt Hardy could pull it, but only when he has someone who can continue to go with him. Unfortunately, this wasn't the night for either of them.

The only thing I can come to assume with Benjamin's Championship victory, is that Matt Hardy is the biggest failure as a Champion in W.W.E. history. They built him for well over a year, to take the Championship off of arguably their next brightest star in M.V.P. (who wasn't even on the card, by the way) and then Hardy has exactly ONE FEUD.. with Chavo Guerrero. And apparently that was enough for W.W.E. creative to say to themselves "Okay, that's it, this guy sucks". And just like that, Benjamin gets hot-shotted into the spot.

The only thing I am happy regarding, is now I can finally prove that it isn't just my dislike for Punk alone. As I think Benjamin is just the same, and I love watching Benjamin wrestle, but he never should've won the Championship tonight. There was no build, and nothing that goes in his favor in saying he deserves it.

E.C.W. Championship: Mark Henry (c.) (w/ Tony Atlas) v. Tommy Dreamer (w/ Colin Delaney): MATCH OF THE NIGHT!! :lmao: Nah, I'm just playin'. Honestly, this match went way too long for what it should've as well. There was no reason why this couldn't of easily been a squash match, one and done. But instead, Mark Henry is apparently suppose to look mildly weak against a guy that up until two monthes ago hadn't been on Pay Per View since jobbing as a random number in the Royal Rumble, then again in a battle royal before Mania.

Henry did control 98% of this match, and it wasn't until Dreamer hit a couple signature moves, including his D.D.T. that lead Tony Atlas to jumping up onto the apron. This leads to Dreamer going to the corner, after Atlas gets down, and before Dreamer can jump off with what is apparently a finishing type move?? Delaney jumps up on the apron next to Dreamer, whispers something to him, and both do the "Extreme" pose. Unity at it's finest, that is until Dreamer goes to jump off, and gets yanked in another direction by the W.W.E.'s newest heel.. COLIN F'N DELANEY!

Yes!!! That's right, Colin Delaney FTW and finally said Fuck You, Tommy Dreamer, I'm not going down the losing path anymore. I'm a winner, and I'll prove it! :lmao: Sadly, this was the over-shadowing greatest moment of this entire contest, and Mark Henry does pick up his first Championship retaining victory.

Grudge Match: Shawn Michaels v. Chris Jericho (w/ Lance Cade): While this will definately fall into their worst match (yet) catagory, I honestly think this is the only way it could've gone. Both men started from the opening bell until the ending one, and wouldn't let up with the punches. Not a lot of great wrestling in this match, and I didn't honestly go into it expecting there to be.

If anything, I got exactly what I wanted, because I had hoped if they wanted to make me believe these two hated each other as much as they were playing toward, that neither man would take the time to hit a lot of chain wrestling-like moves. Instead, it ended in a bloodbath.. well, for Shawn Michaels, that is. H.B.K. seemed to have the upper hand during the beginning of the match, but things changed completely and forever the second Shawn took an elbow to his injured eye. That created a cut (and another amazingly and likely deep blade job by H.B.K.) around Shawn's eye that just made the entire match that much more enjoyable.

The only thing that pissed me off, was I sat in my chair yelling at the official to get the fuck out of the way. I kept thinking to myself, if Shawn Michaels wins this match because that fucking referee won't move and he randomly hits a Superkick and wins, I'm gonna be fucking pissed off. Then I kept thinking the official was going to stop the match and DQ Chris Jericho because he wouldn't let up.

In the end, Chris Jericho still didn't get a pinfall or submission victory, as the official just decided to stop the match due to H.B.K. barely moving and excessive blood loss. I personally think that was bullshit on Shawn Michaels part as well, to not even give Jericho the pinfall finish, but if you look at the storyline it's excusable to the point of making some sense. Jericho wanted to injure and destroy Shawn Michaels, not beat him. And Jericho didn't even really go for a cover the entire match. (maybe one or two at most) Lance Cade also interjected himself into the match, and his only glory of it was delivering what could've arguably been the final knockout blow to Shawn's head. Cade delivered a very stiff looking kick. Cade raises Jericho's hand at the top of the ramp, while Shawn is looked after in the ring.

On the final couple of notes I have. Someone really needs to teach Michael Cole the difference between left and right, because he did it again. He said Shawn's "right" eye was in bad shape, when it was actually the left eye that was massively bleeding. I sat there thinking, "Holy crap, if his right eye is in bad shape, what would you say the left eye is?" And finally, my goodness, someone needs to get Chavo Guerrero and Shawn Michaels together, so Chavo can share with Shawn the number to that hair restoration group.

W.W.E. Divas Championship: Michelle McCool v. Natalya: Did I expect this match to be good? Yes. Was it? Not hardly. While it definately wasn't horrible, the fact is Michelle McCool 'screams' diva all over her.. so why the fuck was I blindly assuming Natalya was going to win because she had the wrestling Family background, and the better ability, and the overall greater amount of talent? pfft, silly me right?

The moment Natalya locked in the Sharpshooter near the ropes, I knew she was going to lose. But the fact is, when McCool had her shit-ass leg submission on Natalya the second time, Natalya could've very easily rolled that into a Sharpshooter, which I held out hope for. Unfortunately, McCool walks away with history, while Natalya just walked away.. or limped, as it were.

I don't have very much to report from this except Cherry and Eve came out to congratulate McCool. Has Maria been fired?? Because she's a Smackdown diva, yet she hasn't been on the actual show since the draft. And she's been advertised to be.

All in all, like I said, I don't have much to say about this match because it wasn't very long (thankfully) and it wasn't at all entertaining to me. The only other final note I have is that I really had no idea how I couldn't of seen McCool's victory coming the moment she walked out. Her outfit even matched the title, and everyone knows that's all that matters these days.

Directly after this match, Chris Jericho walks back out and explains that he wants everyone to take their tickets and frame them, because history was made tonight. (Not the Divas Champion being crowned though) He said that he came from the trainer's room, and Shawn Michaels career is over. He's been diagnosed with a detached retina!

World Heavyweight Championship: C.M. Punk (c.) v. Batista: Whelp, I've said for weeks that if C.M. Punk wants to be taken seriously as any type of Champion, he was going to have to prove it here. The little bastard even had an interview earlier in the night, stating he was in the business to prove people wrong. Well Indy Punk, you didn't. Infact, you proved me right.

Whoever thinks this wasn't a glorified squash match is blind and naive. Batista had this match firmly in his control, and the few moments Punk did have control and hit his signature moves, Batista kept kicking out with ease. The only good thing I'll give Punk credit for is having a decent to good match with Batista. A lot better than his sad attempt at a Main Event with J.B.L., or his half-assed victory over Snitsky.

However, that not withstanding, I've never discredited the guy for being untalented. He has talent, he wouldn't be in the business if he didn't. But the fact is, he needs a victory, without interference, without controversy, desperately. And he didn't get what he needed the most tonight. Why? Because Kane came out and destroyed both Batista and C.M. Punk, declaring this match a double Disqualification!

But in the end, it was Batista leveling Punk with a Spinebuster outside the ring, that would've surely lead to the end of Punk's title reign. Batista was rolling him into the ring, and moments from dropping a Batista-Bomb on him, when Kane interfered and took Batista out first. Then, rolled into the ring and flattened Punk next.

I'm going on record and assuming a Triple Threat match will happen at Summerslam for the Championship. I'm also assuming that either Punk will pick up a fluke victory in retaining, or his reign will be finally over, as Kane might possibly walk away with the title. However that is jumping the gun, and we weren't finished with tonight's action. You see, after Batista realized his chance at becoming Champion was once again inches away, yet unfortunately not there.. he dropped Punk violently in a Batista Bomb, assumably turning heel, as he drops his elbow pads and walking away, very, very frustrated.

New York City Parking Lot Brawl: John 'Bradshaw' Layfield v. John Cena: Do the commentators not have the ability to call this match from the parking lot? I mean, they've talked over watching action unfold from the parking lot before.. so why silence them now? This match reminded me of how dreadfully silent the Boiler Room Brawl matches were. That type of silence is just unneeded and unwanted. So what I was stuck with, was listening to silence every couple of moments, until someone got slammed into the side of a car, or into it somehow.

The overall match wasn't pretty in any manner, and didn't truly serve a purpose of enjoyment to me. I'm curious how messed up Cena's back is, after taking that car door and the hubcap. (jagged side up) I was surprised to actually see Cena inside a car that was ON FIRE! But I'm also very surprised to see the car not explode in the slightest, because typically when flames are around it that much, the gas tank seems to not take too kindly to it.

Of course we seen the classic ref. moment of him yelling "Oh my God, FIRE! FIRE!" Because that'll put it out. :lmao: And then we seen Super Cena come back from being torched alive, and unharmed! I guarantee Superman is sitting at home thinking to himself "That upstaging son of a bitch!"

In the end, we revisited a slight moment from Survivor Series 2000, when I thought Cena was going to use the forklift to F-U the car J.B.L. was in. Seriously. Instead, Cena decided to drive it, the car, and J.B.L. all, out to the arena, where the announcers suddenly were capable of talking again! This lead to J.B.L. barely being able to stumble out of the car. A slight brawl followed, which lead to a 5 knuckle shuffle on the staging area, and then Cena attempts an F-U, only to be tossed off the staging area and through the windshield of the car on the forklift. J.B.L. pins Cena and FINALLY discovers what it's like to win agianst him.

In complete honesty, with as much as the officials have been making absurd DQ calls, I'm surprised J.B.L. didn't win sooner when Cena illegally parked the forklift in a no parking zone.

I'm also completely surprised that this feud should've been more to build on Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes & Cryme Tyme, and none of them were even apparently there.

W.W.E. Championship: Triple H. (c.) v. Edge: Wrestlemania comes early, right? Sure, whatever. In complete honesty, I'm going to say this was the Match of the Night simply because Jericho and H.B.K. didn't wrestle, and Benjamin/Hardy looked awkward. That's not slapping H.H.H. or Edge, but to be honest this match started off very slowly.

Edge stayed with it for most of the entire match, and always seemed to have a counter for anything Triple H. tried. Edge countered roughly every signature move H.H.H. had, and stayed one step ahead of the Game, literally. The announcers were concerned that Edge wouldn't be able to focus, but if anything I think we're seeing Edge returning to the Edge of old, that is more focused and more determined because he no longer has the security of a group interfering for him.

The ending was no surprise to me, as I figured Vickie Guerrero would interfere, but what was very shocking is the fact that Alicia Fox is still around. Ms. Fox rushes out and attempts to help Edge by grabbing the Championship and giving it to him. That's very short lived, however, as Vickie Guerrero stampedes out from the back and delivers a buffalo-like stampeding clothesline! Fox begins convulsing from the mammoth clothesline. Meanwhile, Vickie begins coming into the ring with the Championship, as it's very clear what she's wanting to do, and that's blast Edge with it.

The official argues with her, and they begin fighting over the title until Alica Fox comes into the ring and takes down Vickie. The two ladies roll around for a bit, until they get back up. Edge rushes in with a spear, as the announcers believe he was going for Fox??? (I thought the official) Instead of hitting either Fox or the Official, however, he straight up FUCKED Vickie up by spearing her in half! She took one hell of a spear!

After all of this unfolded, Edge turns directly into a pedigree, as Triple H. retains in regular fashion, while Edge and Vickie are both laid out as a result. The backlash to this will surely be controversial, considering it didn't look like Edge meant to hit Vickie, yet Alicia has apparently filled out the application to become the next Lita. I suppose the only thing to do is tune in Friday Night, as the (Smackdown) World turns.

Overall Thoughts: I wouldn't say this Pay Per View was anything great, but it was what I figured it would be.. very chaotic. J.B.L. finally got a measure of revenge, but at what price? He seemed almost worse off than Cena. I'd be very surprised if either were wrestling on Raw.

Shawn's detached retina is more believable than the title reigns of C.M. Punk, Shelton Benjamin, Michelle McCool, and Hawkins & Ryder, combined. FACT!

I can't wait to see the comeback story for that one either. Either Jericho will be revealed as a liar, or Shawn will have miracle surgery to repair it and in the end, why do I feel this is leading to a blindfold match that could take place as early as Summerslam, or Unforgiven?

So will Jesse and Festus ever win a Tag Team Championship? I'm honestly disappointed that they didn't, especially since this was really a great opportunity for them to. I guess it's just not their time.

Speaking of not their time, does this mean Natalya v. McCool will rematch at Summerslam where Natalya will likely win, or does Victoria get the shot at McCool? I say Triple Threat!

I have NO idea where they're going with Benjamin as United States Champion, except to say Mr. Kennedy & Jeff Hardy's title opportunities just got a lot better. I don't see Benjamin holding this Championship nearly as long as he held the Intercontinental title.. and if Jeff Hardy gets his hands on it, will it ever be defended again? I mean, because he obviously did such a great job up-holding defenses of the Intercontinental title.

I'd rather see Chris Jericho v. C.M. Punk at Summerslam, with Jericho winning the title, than Kane and Batista against Punk and Punk falling into another fluke victory. I mean hell, come on.. Punk didn't do anything tonight that showed he had a chance in hell against defeating Batista. How many more endless arguments will I find myself in, over more Punk bastards reliving his Indy days of saying.. well he was great then. He's yet to do anything to standout as a Champion, NOW, and that's the point.

No M.V.P., Jeff Hardy, Kennedy, Big Show, Umaga, Kofi Kingson, Ted DiBiase, Cody Rhodes, Cryme Tyme, Mickie James, or returning William Regal. Just look at the amount of talent that was left OFF the card, and then explain to me why I had to sit through a match to crown a second meaningless female Champion? You can't do it.

Triple H. v. The Great Khali for Summerslam. I'm gonna start lobbying for it right now. Why? Because Khali in the Main Event at Summerslam will shut his nay-sayer's up. :lmao: And Triple H. doesn't really have any other options short of Umaga or the Big Show. I doubt Edge will rematch, short of him winning a battle royal to be crowned Number One Contender. I'm thinking Edge against Vickie will end up happening sooner or later. It's almost a definate.

Overall, the p.p.v. like I said, it wasn't great but it was a better B-Show p.p.v. than most. All in all I'd give it a 7 outta 10.

World Heavyweight Championship: C.M. Punk (c.) v. Batista: Whelp, I've said for weeks that if C.M. Punk wants to be taken seriously as any type of Champion, he was going to have to prove it here. The little bastard even had an interview earlier in the night, stating he was in the business to prove people wrong. Well Indy Punk, you didn't. Infact, you proved me right.

Whoever thinks this wasn't a glorified squash match is blind and naive. Batista had this match firmly in his control, and the few moments Punk did have control and hit his signature moves, Batista kept kicking out with ease. The only good thing I'll give Punk credit for is having a decent to good match with Batista. A lot better than his sad attempt at a Main Event with J.B.L., or his half-assed victory over Snitsky.

However, that not withstanding, I've never discredited the guy for being untalented. He has talent, he wouldn't be in the business if he didn't. But the fact is, he needs a victory, without interference, without controversy, desperately. And he didn't get what he needed the most tonight. Why? Because Kane came out and destroyed both Batista and C.M. Punk, declaring this match a double Disqualification!

But in the end, it was Batista leveling Punk with a Spinebuster outside the ring, that would've surely lead to the end of Punk's title reign. Batista was rolling him into the ring, and moments from dropping a Batista-Bomb on him, when Kane interfered and took Batista out first. Then, rolled into the ring and flattened Punk next.

I'm going on record and assuming a Triple Threat match will happen at Summerslam for the Championship. I'm also assuming that either Punk will pick up a fluke victory in retaining, or his reign will be finally over, as Kane might possibly walk away with the title. However that is jumping the gun, and we weren't finished with tonight's action. You see, after Batista realized his chance at becoming Champion was once again inches away, yet unfortunately not there.. he dropped Punk violently in a Batista Bomb, assumably turning heel, as he drops his elbow pads and walking away, very, very frustrated.

What match did you watch because for me i saw CM Punk actually prove every wrong by actually going toe to toe with batista and Batista didn'T dominates Punk like you wrote since it was a back and forth match that prove that Punk belong in the main event picture. Punk did everything he could to try to beat batista and almost had him a more then one occasion, so to me, i prove that punk can hang with the big boys in the main event picture. my only problem i had with this match was the way it ended. It made all the hard work that punk and batista did in the ring to make Punk look like a champion and a main eventer go to waste. I don't know what would have happen if Kane didn't interfered but i'm pretty sure that if it was book differently, Punk would have found a way to win.

What match did you watch because for me i saw CM Punk actually prove every wrong by actually going toe to toe with batista

Well I wasn't playing Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 with you, so I'm fully unable to see Punk do such things. :lmao: Instead, what I did see was Punk catch Batista a handful of times with some of his signature moves, to prevent the match from being a completely one sided squash.

Punk caught Batista with a stiff kick to the face, and he did that knee/bulldog combo. Outside of those two moves, he really didn't stay on offense long. And what I did see, was Batista firmly controlling the tempo and speed of the entire match.

Punk didn't hang toe-to-toe with Batista, Batista allowed Punk to remain involved in the match. And that's likely only because creative built it that way.

and Batista didn'T dominates Punk like you wrote since it was a back and forth match that prove that Punk belong in the main event picture.

How didn't he? What is this back and forth stuff you're talking about? I think you need to really rewatch this match. I already said Punk hit his signature moves, but there is no way Batista didn't control this match, and have it firmly on his side over 80% of the way.

The Champion was weak against the challenger, and shit.. speaking of which, why don't you explain to me what Punk proved? Because he said he was going to defeat Batista.. which he didn't do.

If Punk hit the G.T.S., only for Kane to then attack Punk, I might of been convinced he would've won. But instead, it was Batista delivering his set-up Spinebuster that would've lead to a Batista-Bomb, if you recall correctly, that lead to Kane attacking Batista first.. and then Punk.

Infact, if anything else Batista should've won via Disqualification, since he was attacked first. And it's really only half the time a call like that isn't made. It was only "thrown out completely" because they didn't want to make Punk look weak(er) in losing via DQ.. but at the same time, they knew it'd of destroyed everything Batista was as a Main Eventer to lose cleanly to Punk.

Punk did everything he could to try to beat batista and almost had him a more then one occasion

You're absolutely right. He did everything he could, to try and defeat Batista. But the key words there would be "every thing he could" and "try" because he didn't defeat Batista, did he? And from the way the match ended, before Kane came out.. it wasn't looking good in his favor TO defeat Batista.

So if you want to like Punk, by all means go and like the guy. But don't correct me on saying that Punk proved himself right.. because I heard the little Indy bastard tell the world he was going to defeat Batista. Something he did NOT do.

so to me, i prove that punk can hang with the big boys in the main event picture.

Colin Delaney hung in there against Mark Henry a couple weeks ago as well, does that mean he's in line to becoming the next E.C.W. Champion? Seriously. Punk didn't "hang in there" he was being carried along the way.

And you can't tell me otherwise. Seriously. LOOK AT THE ENDING! Short of Kane interfering, how was the match going, who was in control, who looked to have it won? Batista, Batista, Batista.

So how you gathered "Punk proved he could hang with the Main Event crew" is beyond me.

my only problem i had with this match was the way it ended. It made all the hard work that punk and batista did in the ring to make Punk look like a champion and a main eventer go to waste.

I agree completely. And I'll even be honest. I wanted Punk to win, if for nothing else than to be capable of being a worthy(ish) Champion. But he didn't, so he's still a fluke.

You want more proof? Batista going into this match was the tweener, yet he received more ovation and a bigger pop than Punk. Infact, did Punk get any type of pop at all? Because I didn't hear it.. but you know me, anti-Punk and all, I could've just muted it out, right? Honestly.. the guy got nothing from the crowd.

But once again, I agree the finish was stupid. "I" don't believe Batista would've been destroyed if he would've lost to Punk. I think it would've helped Punk become worthy, and because of that allowed Batista to just unfortunately take the fall.

But instead, Kane destroys them both, but not when Punk has the upper hand, when Batista does. So that made Punk look even worse, because it left everyone with assuming he would've lost, or rather was about to.

I don't know what would have happen if Kane didn't interfered but i'm pretty sure that if it was book differently, Punk would have found a way to win.

That's it exactly. IF it would've been booked properly, Punk SHOULD'VE won. But he didn't. And he wasn't even being viewed as being capable of.

Again, for the who knows how many times now.. Batista delivered his set-up Spinebuster. Punk was practically out cold. He was rolling him in the ring, whether he'd of went for a cover or not, the fact is, Punk was practically out cold and therefore, in the losing position.

Kane attacked Batista, and the match ended after that. Punk escaped that match, he didn't prove shit from it. He stumbled out and fell into holding onto his Championship. How hard is that for people to freaking understand?

This situation pisses me off more and more by the minute, I mean seriously. I'll give Punk all the credit in the world, when the guy actually defends his Championship ON PAY PER VIEW and wins without controversy surrounding it. Shit, he's yet to do that on a Raw, against a legit. challegner, let alone a p.p.v.

Well I wasn't playing Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 with you, so I'm fully unable to see Punk do such things. :lmao: Instead, what I did see was Punk catch Batista a handful of times with some of his signature moves, to prevent the match from being a completely one sided squash.

Punk caught Batista with a stiff kick to the face, and he did that knee/bulldog combo. Outside of those two moves, he really didn't stay on offense long. And what I did see, was Batista firmly controlling the tempo and speed of the entire match.

Punk didn't hang toe-to-toe with Batista, Batista allowed Punk to remain involved in the match. And that's likely only because creative built it that way.

How didn't he? What is this back and forth stuff you're talking about? I think you need to really rewatch this match. I already said Punk hit his signature moves, but there is no way Batista didn't control this match, and have it firmly on his side over 80% of the way.

The Champion was weak against the challenger, and shit.. speaking of which, why don't you explain to me what Punk proved? Because he said he was going to defeat Batista.. which he didn't do.

If Punk hit the G.T.S., only for Kane to then attack Punk, I might of been convinced he would've won. But instead, it was Batista delivering his set-up Spinebuster that would've lead to a Batista-Bomb, if you recall correctly, that lead to Kane attacking Batista first.. and then Punk.

Infact, if anything else Batista should've won via Disqualification, since he was attacked first. And it's really only half the time a call like that isn't made. It was only "thrown out completely" because they didn't want to make Punk look weak(er) in losing via DQ.. but at the same time, they knew it'd of destroyed everything Batista was as a Main Eventer to lose cleanly to Punk.

You're absolutely right. He did everything he could, to try and defeat Batista. But the key words there would be "every thing he could" and "try" because he didn't defeat Batista, did he? And from the way the match ended, before Kane came out.. it wasn't looking good in his favor TO defeat Batista.

So if you want to like Punk, by all means go and like the guy. But don't correct me on saying that Punk proved himself right.. because I heard the little Indy bastard tell the world he was going to defeat Batista. Something he did NOT do.

Colin Delaney hung in there against Mark Henry a couple weeks ago as well, does that mean he's in line to becoming the next E.C.W. Champion? Seriously. Punk didn't "hang in there" he was being carried along the way.

And you can't tell me otherwise. Seriously. LOOK AT THE ENDING! Short of Kane interfering, how was the match going, who was in control, who looked to have it won? Batista, Batista, Batista.

So how you gathered "Punk proved he could hang with the Main Event crew" is beyond me.

I agree completely. And I'll even be honest. I wanted Punk to win, if for nothing else than to be capable of being a worthy(ish) Champion. But he didn't, so he's still a fluke.

You want more proof? Batista going into this match was the tweener, yet he received more ovation and a bigger pop than Punk. Infact, did Punk get any type of pop at all? Because I didn't hear it.. but you know me, anti-Punk and all, I could've just muted it out, right? Honestly.. the guy got nothing from the crowd.

But once again, I agree the finish was stupid. "I" don't believe Batista would've been destroyed if he would've lost to Punk. I think it would've helped Punk become worthy, and because of that allowed Batista to just unfortunately take the fall.

But instead, Kane destroys them both, but not when Punk has the upper hand, when Batista does. So that made Punk look even worse, because it left everyone with assuming he would've lost, or rather was about to.

That's it exactly. IF it would've been booked properly, Punk SHOULD'VE won. But he didn't. And he wasn't even being viewed as being capable of.

Again, for the who knows how many times now.. Batista delivered his set-up Spinebuster. Punk was practically out cold. He was rolling him in the ring, whether he'd of went for a cover or not, the fact is, Punk was practically out cold and therefore, in the losing position.

Kane attacked Batista, and the match ended after that. Punk escaped that match, he didn't prove shit from it. He stumbled out and fell into holding onto his Championship. How hard is that for people to freaking understand?

This situation pisses me off more and more by the minute, I mean seriously. I'll give Punk all the credit in the world, when the guy actually defends his Championship ON PAY PER VIEW and wins without controversy surrounding it. Shit, he's yet to do that on a Raw, against a legit. challegner, let alone a p.p.v.

Look i'm not here to debate this all day long with you, you saw that match diffenrently then i did and that's o.k. but less face it, Punk was made to look pretty stong against Batista until that stupid ending that sent punk right back were he started before the match. And just for the record, Punk didn't just do is trademark move on batista, he also did move that he did'Nt use in almost 2 years, like the spinning punch and the anaconda vice so don't tell me that the only offence that punk had was his signature move because it wasn'T and for at less half of the match punk was in control. As a matter of fact the last five minutes of the match was all Punk until he made a mistake the lead to the finished. So yes, i do agree that Punk need a big win again a guy like batista on ppv but he already proven that he can beat main event guy with his win over JBL and Kane and was able to have a really good match with BAtista at the bash so like i said before you might not see it the same way then i do and that's o.k but for me Punk prove that he's able to hang with a main eventer last night and be taken seriously as one and that all that matter.

By the way i don't thing that the lack of fans support meant anything last night because for what i was getting, the crowd was pretty dead all night. Either that or the production value of the wwe was really bad for this event because i saw this event in HD at my local cineplex theatre and i could heard anybody cheering during the whole broadcast.

I'ma throw this out here, mostly for personal curiosity, but also so we can get will off of the punk subject again. when ecw finally merges with whatever brand, will they keep the ecw title, or make it the hardcore title so wrestlers like dreamer could have a chance (and also beat on ecw's new heel... lol. freakin' delaney a heel?!)? i personally would like to see a hardcore/extreme rules match for the title on ecw for once. make the title what it was supposed to be, and not solely a mid card title on a mid card show.

Batista didn't control 80% of the match. I did see a back and forth match. Punk hit more than signature moves. To the guy saying that Batista controlled
that whole match, I wouldn't be too surprised if you're the creep who was holding the "CAGE ME WITH THAT ANIMAL" sign last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back