General Great American Bash Discussion

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
yz6fbnejt3m38phdzqjg.jpg

Don't just list cards. Give reasons.

I've looked high and low and this is the only promo poster I can find for the show. At first I though it was some students are project. But no, apparently this is the actual promotional piece. It sure does make me mant to buy this card. Anyway it's hard to predict a card with Night Of Champions still to come. But I'm certain we'll get another HHH/Cena match. I can't see them doing it for a single show then dropping it. They've been wanting to do it again for the past 18 months, so I expect that match to be dominating shows for some time to come.

I'm also expecting a Birchill/Kennedy match. Bar any draft interference. Which I suspect there might be on Kennedys part.

I thought I would post the other poster for your viewing pleasure :)
GAB_300x450.jpg

Thats the poster?

Dear god I've seen E-feds do better.

Your right Jake its pretty hard to predict a card for this PPV since NOC is annoying alot of us aswell.But I might as well have a go.......

Tag title match:

The Second Generation(DiBaise and Smith) vs Holly and Rhodes

One of these teams will be champs.Nice way to build up Smith and DiBaise while giving Rhodes some expourse.For some reason I see Rhodes leaving Holly and Joining the second Generation.

US title Match
Vladimir Kozlov vs Matt Hardy

Kozlov getting heat.Check.Hardy needs storyline.Check.US title with Russian equal heat?Hell Yeah.Kozlov is one of my secret favourites and I,d love to see him get a push into the midcard.This one would keep the crowd going.

WWE title

Regal vs HHH

Regal should be back by GAB.(I think).They were planning on this so why not?Regals a good wrestler and him and HHH have good chemsitry.

This is all I could think of.WWE is hard to predict.I'd like to see all my predicts happen but they proarbly won't.

Wow. How much does that shit totally fucking suck. Seirously. This was one of my favorite shows to get pumped over, becuase of the patriotic undertones. What the fuck is wrong with them?? Why would you continue calling it "great American Bash" and have it matched up with some GAY shit like that?? And isnt it very reminicsent of the Royal Rumble posters??? WTF is WWE thinking, seriously. Guess my idea of romanticizing this show, by keeping it very patriotic, and having it in an outdoor stadium under the lights every year, is fucking OUT.....stupid.

I think im sensing a HArdy-Trips match leading to a SummerSlam Triple threat, Or a Cena Trips rematch leading into a triple threat. Overall, I just see these next two months and subsequent PPVs as build to a triple threat. They are hinting towards it like crazy, and the crowds have been heated for all the matches. A possible even Heel turn for Trips, although I think it will be rebuffed. Shit, his pops might be even BIGGER if he turns heel LOL. Hardy-Trips for the title, or Cena-Trips 3, maybe with a gimmick. They MIGHT use GAB for the triple threat, but I really doubt it.

I don't see it. I'm expecting Jeff to move to Smackdown. A Triple H match wouldn't work anyway. He ''put him over'' at Armageddon. As evident from last nights Raw he's not prepared to do that again. He made Jeff look like shit. He didn't let him get hardly any offence. It probably had something to do with the fact that Jeff get's considerably more heat than The Game. He's also considerably more entertaining. You can't let these youngsters get big heads. You've got to bring them down to size.

Hmm... I would like to see a Texas Bull rope match betweem JBL and Matt Hardy for the U.S. title. There are rumors that JBL is getting sent to smackdown so it makes sense. I think when JBL goes to smackdown, he may go start a rivalry with Matt. I don't know. I just kind of sense it coming.
Also, I do not see Jeff in the wwe title match. Somebody else will step up to the plate although i'm not sure who.

Well now that Night of Champions is over I'm completely clueless as to what will happen at The Great American Bash. I guess that's what WWE wants, to be unpredictable, but do they really want to upset the fans? RAW has no World Champion, and while that can create some cool storylines, I think at first it will affect the show negatively. Oh, and if tomorrow they're issuing a release on Vince McMahon, then they should want people to turn in to the show.

But for my projected card... right now at least, and I bet I'll get a bunch of "you're ******ed" comments... but here's what I could potentially see happening.

WWE Championship
So what I guess I could see happening here is a couple of different things. I don't see a Triple H vs. Edge match just yet -- but I think they might be messing with each other over the course of the month. I guess maybe Triple H vs. John Cena in a rematch could happen, and Edge screws over Triple H, setting up the Triple H vs. Edge match for the World Heavyweight Championship at SummerSlam. Other than that, I guess Triple H could feud with .... Big Show? possibly Umaga even though we've seen that before.

World Heavyweight Championship
Could it be possible that Batista never appears in a World Heavyweight Championship match again? God I hope so. But Edge could potentially feud with Jeff Hardy. The storyline could work in a way that Hardy tells Edge that he's changed into a terrible person since the days of the Hardy Boys and Edge & Christian. Jeff Hardy feuding with La Familia could actually make me want to watch Smackdown. Hey, I'm really tired right now, but something just crossed my mind and I'm not sure if it will come out right: something like Undertaker returning at some point in the future, and then having a six person tag match at SummerSlam: Triple H, Undertaker, and Hardy vs. Edge and the Edgeheads... or Chavo and Bam Neely... well you get what I'm going for.

ECW Championship
God... I'm not totally against Mark Henry being the champion... it's just that....who is he going to feud with now? You know what would be awesome? SUPER CRAZY. God I love Super Crazy. Hahaha. That would never happen, and if it did it would not be on PPV, and if it was it would be a squash match.... hardcore squash match.
So who could Henry feud with? I doubt Matt Hardy. Hmmm.... let's think about this one. I think Finlay and Hornswoggle will continue their feud with Miz and Morrison... and I don't really know what will happen.
So there you all have it: Mark Henry vs. Super Crazy... that's my erm.... my prediction...wow, now the "you're ******ed" comments can come in.

"I'll give you my Big Show if you give me your Chavo Guerrero and Bam Neely"

Anyone? I guess Vickie could get Chavo and Bam Neely on Smackdown and send Big Show to ECW.... eh...

US Championship
Matt Hardy vs... NUNZIO... except totally not. I'm guessing either Mike Knox or Elijah Burke.... and maybe... just MAYBE Armando Estrada. Maybe like... a huge match, like a four/five-way. Again... I don't care about the US Championship

Intercontinental Championship
Maybe in the wake of Night of Champions instead of having the championship match it'll be something like Kofi Kingston and HBK vs. Y2J and Lance Cade. Why? I don't know.

John Cena needs a match huh? Hmm.... well.... good luck with that, John. Unless he gets that championship match that I was only-kind of joking about.

Women's Championship
Mickie James vs. Katie Lea Burchill or Beth Phoenix.... or both.... hey, why not throw Layla into the mix somehow! ... god I'm so tired.

World Tag Titles
DiBiase and Cody Rhodes vs. Hardcore Holly.... and someone else... wow RAW has like ... no one anymore.

CM Punk, Batista, Kane, and... Paul Burchill might all be involved in the event too...

DIVA'S CHAMPIONSHIP, take two?
Anyone think they might just forget about this championship altogether? I hope not, I enjoy Diva wrestling. I'm pulling for Natalya or Victoria to win.

Hey, don't hate me... I'm tired... and actually typing coherently... from what I can tell.

I have a feeling that I'm going to read this after RAW is broadcast(ed?) and be like, "wow... I AM ******ed."

Okay, that's totally what will happen. I think Regal's suspension ends the day before the Great American Bash. He's going to return as General Manager and King of the Ring somehow... and call it THE GREAT BRITAIN BASH!

Oh my god I need sleep... and lots of it. I have a paper on Somalia due tomorrow... yeah I do.

But yeah, I like Regal and I think he needs to return soon.... well, as soon as he can.

Ok here's what I think will hapen Tripls will lose the title to Hardy or Punk will cashe in the MITB and bring the title to Raw in the next couple of weeks so Trips can go after the WHC an have a mach against Edge Trips will win via chokaslam from Taker which will mark his return and lead into a Taker/Edge mach at Summerslam but itl probably be bether fo taker to return at Unforgiven(like last year) so trips/edge mach is at Summerslam itl be prety cool.
WWE title I say triple t mach maybe Punk/Cena/Batista or something else

I've always like the GAB, but the poster just doesn't look right, and yes VERY ROYAL RUMBLE

I'll only go through some my thoughts keeping in mind the Night of Champion Results.

WWE Championship
HHH vs Batista

Reason -
Raw hasn't got a title and they want one on the show.
Batista can't challenge Edge due to the last chance stipulation made for NOC so to be champion again he'll have to challenge HHH. Batista was Former Number One contender for the worlds heavyweight title making him high on the possibility list.

World Championship
Edge vs Cena

Reason - Cena is the Former Number 1 contender to the WWE championship and because Batista can't challenge Edge, I think cena will battle with Edge.

Chris Jericho vs Shawn Micheals
Reason - With all that has happened between the 2 over the past few weeks/months and HBK costing Y2J the Intercontinental Title at NOC this rivalry has hit boiling point.

IC Title
Kingston vs JBL

Reason - JBL is very american and at past GAB PPV's he's fought people who he describes as "Foreigners" (Eddie and Rey) so to keep that theme running he'll face Kofi

After last night's Night of Champions The Great American Bash should be interesting. I cansee Vickie saying that Raw will not get another shot at the WWE or WHC. Giving her a ton more heat. This would then cause C.M. Punk to come out and say at the bash he will cash in MITB on the WHC. Edge would have La Famillia in his corner and for the "better of Raw" Cena and Batista will be in Punk"s corner to counter La Famiila. Making it one-on-one. Then Punk wins and brings the WHC to Raw.

I think then triple H will then defend the wwe title against MVP. This way he finally gets his main event oppurtunity and it gives the fans a fresh match.

Jericho vs. HBK is a given. They have been feuding for awhile and they will most likely have a gimmick match to either end or continue their feud.

Mark Henry will probably defend the ECW title against Finlay. Just because it is too early for Matt to challenge for the title.

From reading the results Night Of Champions wasn't nearly as intresting as I thought it was going to be. I suppose Kofi winning was a surprise. Now WWE need to capitalise by booking him in a match at The Bash. They should do this. And I hope they do. But this is the IC title. It's hardly been on PPV in the past year. If it happens I'm predicting a Kofi/Cade match. Sounds like a crowd killer to me.

WWE need to have a World Tag Title match as well. I suggest Cryme Tyme as opponents. They're over. which is what the heels will need.

And the WWE & WHC title matches/outcomes should be intresting. That is if it's not been sorted by then. I'm making the definite prediction of no Edge vs. HHH.

TheOneBigWill's 'Early' Great American Bash predictions:

W.W.E. Championship: Triple H. v. John Bradshaw Layfield: You think I'm kidding, because Triple H. is Smackdown and J.B.L. is Raw, but I'm not. The fact is, unless Raw decides to have a tournament that'll crown a new Champion, then they'll need to wrassle one of the Heavyweight titles away from Edge or H.H.H.. and I'm willing to bank on it being H.H.H. that loses, to give him the ability to then challenge Edge.

John Bradshaw Layfield mentioned at Night of Champions that it wasn't gonna be if, but when on when he got a Championship match and won a Championship. I'm willing to bank on that time being now. J.B.L. is NOT the perfect choice for the future Raw Champion, but the alternative is to turn Batista tweener and place him into this match. Either way, Triple H. survived John Cena, but I doubt he'll survive another Raw opponent.

World Heavyweight Championship: Edge v. Mr. Kennedy: Oh man, this is the most confusing title match to predict for because Edge now has a whole list of Superstars who could challenge him. Mr. Kennedy seems primed to be the guy interrupting the wedding and resulting in a small feud that'll lead to Kennedy losing in the end, but still getting his first big break into Main Eventing.

The alternative to this match could be the return of the Undertaker, although I'm sure Edge v. Taker is more of a Summerslam type feel. As much as I'm not ready to see those two again, if Taker returns to regain the Championship.. then I'd rather they pushed it off until Survivor Series. (After all, thats where Taker debuted originally, so it only makes since for him to return then too.)

E.C.W. Championship: Mark Henry v. Finlay: The shit matches begin. Mark Henry has no true opponent that could rival him, or even threaten him on the E.C.W. brand. Short of Big Show getting a one on one match, or Kane getting a rematch.. it looks like Finlay could become the Number One Contender, as hes truly the only face on E.C.W. that could deserve a shot.

Intercontinental Championship: Kofi Kingston v. Lance Cade: I foresee Chris Jericho giving his rematch to Lance Cade in an effort to claim Shawn Michaels never would've done something as "noble" as that.

If Cade v. Kingston happens, it really depends on how much Kingston has gotten over with the Raw crowd on whether or not they keep the Championship on him. Personally, I'm already ready for Cade to win the Intercontinental Championship. I think it'd be better served on Lance Cade than on Kofi Kingston.

United States Championship: Matt Hardy v. John Morrison: I can only hope and beg this match to happen. If not now, then definately at Summerslam. (again, I hope) John Morrison seems primed to be the guy to take the United States Championship from Matt Hardy, so Hardy can return in a month and defeat Mark Henry to become E.C.W. Champion.. only to then set up a United States v. E.C.W. Heavyweight Championship match-up.

World Tag Team Championships: Ted Dibiase & Cody Rhodes v. Hardcore Holly & Mystery Partner: Wouldn't it be fitting? What would be even better, is to have Hardcore's partner end up being someone who also turns on Hardcore and joins Dibiase and Rhodes.

Women's Championship: Mickie James v. Katie Lea Burchill: Just because Katie Lea got defeated doesn't mean she didn't prove that she could've easily won. I think Katie will still stay in the main spot, and at a Pay Per View designed to be built for Americans she could very well win.

Other Ideas: The Bash is really just a 'by-pass' Pay Per View to get us to Summerslam. So I doubt anything of major events will happen here. I could see a regular Chris Jericho v. Shawn Michaels match that happens, only for it to end rather quickly with Shawn getting injured, then a rematch happening at Summerslam. Or for Batista to join Jericho on this Pay Per View, setting up a possible Triple Threat/handicap match with Jericho v. Batista v. H.B.K.

Since the Diva's Championship wasn't decided at Night of Champions, I'm fully assuming it'll be decided on this p.p.v.

John Cena won't miss a Pay Per View, so if thats the case, then what could he possibly do? My guess is Cena, along with several other big names will bunch together in some type of Number One Contender match to determine a challenger to a Heavyweight Championship for Summerslam.

Couple of early thoughts:

Shawn Michaels -vs- Chris Jericho, is a given I think. The feud has been building nicely and this would set them up for a "gimmick" match at Summerslam, to end the feud between them.

Also fancy Mark Henry -vs- Finlay to happen for the ECW Title. Finlay's the only reasonable face on the ECW roster at the moment and surely the only guy they can put against Henry.

Well, with Night of Champions over there are several ways this could go.

What I personally believe will happen will be that now that RAW has no World Champion, they will send over someone to challenge the other two brand's World Title(s) in an effort to regain a World Title. Somewhat of a "war," I guess.

With that said, I think Kane will end up challenging Mark Henry to try and bring back the ECW World Title, and I think someone like Batista or JBL will end up challenging Triple H for the WWE Championship.

As for Edge, I think he will defend against someone like Mr. Kennedy, or perhaps CM Punk where Punk tries to bring the World Heavyweight Title home to RAW?

There are a lot of possibilities, and we will obviously have some idea or perhaps even our answer after this week's programming.

As for the other matches, this is a great opportunity for the WWE to make people care about the World Tag Team Titles again. Will said up above that it could be Rhodes & DiBiase vs. Hardcore Holly & A Mystery Opponent, and I think that is a fabulous idea. And like Will also said, someone turning on Holly again to join w/ Rhodes and DiBiase would be a really good twist and idea, in my opinion. I honestly am excited to see where this faction leads to.

Anyway. The Great American Bash shouldn't be that monumental of a PPV, but it will still be somewhat enjoyable, I'm sure.

WWE vs. WHC- Loser Gets Stripped Of Title- Edge vs. Triple H- They will figure out that RAW needs a title and they will create this match in which the loser gets stripped of the title, I am guessing that Edge will be the one to lose the title, bringing the world Heavyweight Title to RAW.
WINNER- TRIPLE H

World Hevyweight Championship- John Cena vs. Batista- Tista and Cena will fight for the vacated title in the main event, they will have one matches on RAW to get into this match, with Batista being the heel, I actully think that they will give the title to Batista and have him run as a psyco strongman type thing, he would be a great heel on RAW IMO.
WINNER- BATISTA(New World Heavyweight Champion)

Intercontinental Championship- Kofi Kingston vs. JBL- Unfortunatly I see JBL getting a title shotagainst Kofi, sucks I know, but I think WWE is going to give Kofi a decent run as champion, so I dont see JBL losing
WINNER- KOFI KINGSTON

Chris Jericho vs. Rey Mysterio- HBK will continue to be "injured" and Rey will step up for him, with him comming back in the next couple of weeks, this match would make a lot of sense.

ECW Title- Mark Henry vs. Big Show- Horiid match I know, but who the hell else are they going to put against Henry in this match

Mickie James and Michelle McCool vs. Kate Lea and Nattie- Gotta have a womens match on the PPV to be politically correct.

Jeff Hardy vs. MVP- I have a feeling that we will see a MVP Hardy feud, which would be AWSOME, hopefully WWE will be smart and give us a good match like this.

WWE Championship: HHH vs. Batista vs. JBL- I'm following Will here about what JBL said during NoC. But then Batista comes out saying he should be number one contender and do what Cena couldn't and that is beat HHH, thus making him to be the tweener in this match.

Heavyweight Championship: Edge vs. Jeff Hardy- Other than HHH, this to me seems like his next logical fued, since who knows what they're doing with Kennedy and MVP at the moment. If Taker doesn't disrupt the wedding I could see Hardy doing because of the history they have. Heck, Jeff's first match back on RAW was against Edge and now that Jeff is basically a main eventer this helps him get back into the title scene.

Cena vs Cade- I can see Cade trying to fued to prove that he's a main eventer and to try and build his credibilty as a single's star.

That's what I can see so far.

Cena vs. Batista vs. JBL: I see Cena and Batista haveing a match for either Edge's or HHH's title. Then like a week before the PPV JBL comes out and announces that he wants in on this match and who's gonna stop him? Vince is dead.

Edge vs. HHH: These two will have a match for whatever title is still on Smackdown. I could see this going either way but I think Edge will win and all his little oompa-loompas will cheat trips out of a win.

Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho: I'm really looking forward to this match. These two guys might just be the best match of the night. But I do see HBK coming away with the win and ending this rivalry

Kofi Kingston vs. Rey Mysterio: This will be for the IC title obviously. But I don't know how this will work since these are both faces. Maybe it won't happen at all.

I could also see a tag titles match but I don't have a clue as to who Holly's partner could be. Maybe Ron Simmons??? lol But that's all I have for now.

This is not what I think will happen but if I was booking i would do this:

You have Vickie strip HHH of the title just like she did to Taker and say something along the lines of well this is my show and I don't want the WWE title on it the only champion is my man kinda thing. This causes HHH to go nuts and yadayada yada, you have Edge v. HHH

World Heavyweight Championship:
Edge v. Triple H - Edge gets Dq'd leading into Summerslam where in a no DQ match Taker returns and costs Edge the title

WWE Title:
I love the King of the Ring tournament but the problem was like woopadeedoo your the king of the ring, yay.... But now you have the WWE title tournament kinda like at survivor series where Rock won his first title just an 8 man instead of 16
Competitors:
Batista
Cena
Punk
Rey
Michaels
Jericho
JBL
Kane

What happens here is you can have your Michaels v Jericho match where there is some sort of double countout thing, which leads the feud into Summerslam with Jericho claiming Michaels has now costed him two titles in two months. Then you have the finals be what everyone is expecting and that is Cena v. Batista. The comes the swerve as Cena wins the belt only to have Batista go nuts and beat the living hell out of him and then Punk who was eliminated by Cena in round 1 comes back to cash in the briefcase and leave with the belt.

You need a filler after the first round of matches so I have a Kennedy v. MVP match for the #1 contender spot on Smackdown. Which gives HHH someone to feud with over the belt after Summerslam while Edge who's marriage is struggling has to deal with Taker's return.

No women matches no tag matches no subtitle matches just your biggest names putting on one heck of a show, anyone think its a bad idea?

First Predictions

Night of Champions ended 25 hours ago, but what the hell, I'll start my predictions.

WWE Championship: HHH vs. Edge
--HHH won't lose. Its clear that he's planning on keeping it for an incredibly boring couple of months longer. I'd love to see Edge win it, but he won't. HHH will retain and then proceed to bury Edge, have a challenge from MVP and bury him, and in the process be booked to fight Umaga on Smackdown a few times and beat the crap out of him too. Then he'll turn heel and hopefully he'll lose it to Hardy or Kennedy...and hopefully much sooner than the Royal Rumble. I don't want HHH to be champ for nearly a whole year and lose it at WrestleMania.

World Heavyweight Championship: CM Punk vs. John Cena
--If they decide to do it, they'll probably have Punk retain, but idk. Is it too soon to have Punk lose? The fans still don't want Cena as champ, apparently, but can Punk really get ratings and sell ppvs?

ECW Championship: Mark Henry vs.
--No clue. I'm hoping its not just a rematch, but it might even be Finlay. Don't really care yet lol.

Grudge Match: Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
--Simple. Jericho challenged him to a match at the Great American Bash on Raw tonight. Since Jericho has been losing a lot, I think he'll probably win the match once they actually have it, and then they'll have one more at Summerslam that Michaels wins.

United States Championship: Matt Hardy vs. ???
--If they decide to put the US title on the card, I think this will be when Matt loses it to a Smackdown star so as to put it back on the show it belongs to. Out of the people involved, I doubt it will be MVP, but it could very well be Carlito or Shelton Benjamin. Of course, there's a good chance that it WON'T be on the card and they'll just do this on Smackdown or ECW.

Women's Championship: Mickie James vs. Katie Lea
--They'll probably do a rematch. Possible that Katie wins, but I doubt it, as there aren't any faces for her to challenge outside of Mickie until Melina is cleared to wrestle due to her injury.

Room for one or two more matches...maybe involving Kofi, Hardy, Kennedy, or...eh, idk.

well after raw here is what i got
1. World Title Match: CM Punk vs JBL vs John Cena
CM Punk freshens up a stale fued between Cena and Layfield, and CM Punk stands victor after a good Triple Threat

2. WWE Title Match: HHH vs Edge
Edge lost his belt, Vickie declares him #1 Contender, i see Triple H squeaking out a win here, but not without him knowing La Familia first

3. HBK vs Y2J
hopefully some sort of gimmick match, because no doubt these guys can wrestle, i just dont wanna see a regular match between these two again, Y2J wins with the help of Cade

thats all i got for right now

Here's what I think will go down at The Great American Bash.......

(as of June 30th)

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
CM Punk (c) vs. John Cena vs. JBL vs. Batista

I think that Batista will wiggle his way in this match somehow. I think that it is too soon for Punk to lose, but then again, anything can happen in the WWE, so I will, unfortunately, go with John Cena.

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Edge (c) vs. Triple H

On the 4th of July edition of SmackDown, Edge, Vickie Guerrero and La Familia will take out their vengeance on Triple H by forcing him to defend his title on SD. Edge not only wins on SmackDown, but will win with La Familia's intervention at GAB.

ECW CHAMPIONSHIP
Mark Henry (c) vs. Finlay

Mark Henry was finally able to back up his fat mouth with a win at NoC. His first PPV defense will likely come against Finlay, since Matt Hardy is still the US Champion (more on that later). I like Henry to retain.

Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels
Michaels answers Jericho's challenge on RAW next week. Y2J wins with interference from Lance Cade, setting up a rubber match at SummerSlam.

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
Matt Hardy (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

This is inevitable. Vickie Guerrero not only wants the US belt back on SmackDown, she will go as far as making Matt defend it against baby brother. I like Jeff to win with a Swanton Bomb.

That's all I have for now, I'll definetly have more in the next few days.

okay so what I can see happening now, since CM Punk is the World Heavyweight Champion, is a few things.

First of all, on Smackdown, I could definitely see a WWE Championship match heading into the Great American Bash with Triple H vs. Edge. I figured they'd hold off on this match, but now with Edge title-less I'm sure Vickie Guerrero will make the match. I doubt Edge will win it right away... seeing as how Triple H NEVER wants to lose.

But now that the World Heavyweight Championship is on RAW again after a [three?] year absence, they could do a number of things. Looks like they either want to build toward a Cena/Punk or a JBL/Punk match. One thing I hate though is a face-versus-face match... even if it's the Cerebral Assassin versus the Chain Gang... Actually, I really don't like Triple H so of course I didn't like that match. And I'm one of the very few people who really likes Cena... but I don't want to see a Punk/Cena match... it will do nothing for me... unless one of them is a heel... which doesn't look probable. A JBL/Punk feud would only ... kind of work... and only if it was a really short feud. I doubt that would be a main event match at the Great American Bash ... it would be like the Undertaker vs. Batista at Wrestlemania 23 (even though that should have been the last match).

But what I'd really like to see is CM Punk vs. Batista. Not a face/face match, but since everyone seems to think Batista is going to turn heel and since it's been rumored for a while. Something along the lines of Batista thinking the title should be his and CM Punk benefited off of Batista's work to get the title. Okay so it sounded better in my head.

Or I could see one final Edge vs. Batista match at The Great American Bash and Triple H faces someone like the Big Show... I don't know though...

Almost Confirmed:

World Heavyweight Championship: C.M. Punk (c.) v. Edge: While the title is on Punk, and Punk is on Raw.. Edge is still owed his rematch for the Championship. Vickie Guerrero is a General Manager. Raw doesn't have one. I'm more than sure she'll pull enough strings to make this match happen.. unfortunately at which point I'm also sure Punk will cleanly go over Edge in a regular match, to make it look as if Punk deserves Edge's title.

Grudge Match: Chris Jericho v. Shawn Michaels: Jericho laid out the challenge on Raw, I'm almost definately sure it'll get accepted even if H.B.K. can't "see" outta one eye. I'm also pretty sure Jericho is a lock to pick up the victory in this match, allowing their feud to continue for when H.B.K. gets healed and better.

Women's Championship: Mickie James v. Katie Lea Burchill: On Raw she told her Brother, Paul, that she knew she could defeat Mickie James if she was to receive just one more shot. Paul went to get her that shot, and we won't officially find out until next week but I'm pretty sure it'll happen.

Since its the Great American Bash, I'm sure the irony will set in, and we'll see Katie Lea become the new Women's Champion.

Hoped For/Rumored:

W.W.E. Championship: Triple H. v. Big Show: I understand they're faces, but something tells me if Edge gets a rematch with Punk, then H.H.H. won't have to worry about Vickie making anything outlandish for him, and she'll likely toss together a battle royal, in which Big Show will win the chance to face Triple H. for the title.

Triple H. will easily get the victory, with Big Show looking dominate to save face. This will lead us to Summerslam, at which point I fully see Edge v. Triple H. now, short of a miracle happening in which Edge gets his damn title back.

United States Championship: Matt Hardy v. John Morrison: This is once again more of a "hoping for" type of situation that rumored. Morrison is truly the best choice here to get a shot at Hardy, for the Championship. The only downside is Morrison is a Tag Team Champion, so if those titles need defended Morrison is shit outta luck.

Intercontinental Championship: Kofi Kingston v. Lance Cade: I'm really high on wanting to see this match. Cade hasn't wrestled since joining Chris Jericho, but I'm assuming Cade will be a major threat to Kingston's Championship. I could even see outside interference bringing the Intercontinental Championship to Kingston.

E.C.W. Championship: Mark Henry v. Finlay: Finlay (as I said before) is the only logical choice for Henry at this point. Outside of Matt Hardy, Finlay is the only other person who stands a remote chance to look somewhat interesting against Henry's strength. I doubt Finlay will win, but Henry won't be a Champion for long, at least I hope not.

Random: I won't give great reasons for these, but I wouldn't overlook seeing something along the lines of..

World Tag Team Champions: Ted Dibiase & Cody Rhodes v. Batista & Rey Mysterio: Mysterio & Batista have been Tag Team Champions in the past, and it'll give them each something to do on this Pay Per View. While I honestly hold out hope for Hardcore Holly & a Mystery partner (Dusty Rhodes) its always a possibility that Tista & Mysterio will join.

Number One Contender's Match: John Cena v. J.B.L.: Since both men felt they deserved a Championship match, yet since "I" feel Edge will gain his rematch.. I think Cena v. J.B.L. will happen, with the winner facing Punk or Edge at Summerslam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back