Gears of War 4

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
42cb7539b342e3e89041f81d173fcb61.jpg

[YOUTUBE]o3f8VgQ_dqk[/YOUTUBE]​

It's almost here! It's so close!

Folks, I can't even tell you how excited I am about the impending launch of Gears of War in a little over 2 weeks time. Gears of War is, by some way, my favourite series of games and words can't even express how excited I am to see it given a shot in the arm. Truth be told, I am still a little sketchy on some of the finer details of the game but, from what I have seen, the game looks to expand on the emergence (and extinction) of the Locust. After a period of peace, a new threat rears its ugly head and the the inhabitants of Serra have to take up arms once again.

I have this game pre-ordered, something which I haven't actually did for a long time. But what I have seen of this game has been really promising. The game play looks really smooth and if Ultimate Edition was anything to go by, the 60 FPS will be a welcome addition. It was also awesome to see Marcus Fenix in the trailer and pulling on his COG gear once again. That said, I'm utterly convinced that he will be dead by the end of the game. Off into the ether to see Dom and all the Carmine siblings...

But just how well will the game do? It's had a lot of advertising lately and Microsoft are pinning a lot of hope on this title doing well. Personally, I can't see it doing poorly. Everywhere you look at the minute, Gears is there. If the game fails to deliver, I'll be very disappointed.

Son of a Bitch, I didn't even know they had any plans for a #4 . #3 wrapped everything up perfectly.

I'm a Playstation man 100% but I absolutely love Gears of War. No other game has made me feel the feels from the beginning of #1 to the end of #3. I never thought I would actually want an Xbox 1 but this is my 2nd favorite Game franchise behind Resident Evil and if any game can get my to buy an Xbox it's this one.

I'm excited to see how it does.

I played the beta and it felt like a proper Gears game. I'm pretty excited for it, mostly because the Gears franchise is one of my favorites of all time and like I said, the beta felt like it had all the elements of a Gears game.

My biggest question mark is going to be the story. Three put a nice bow on things, so it will be interesting to see where they go from there. The little pieces I have seen from the trailers looks good, so I think everything will be good.

And if Marcus does die, I will cry just like I did when Dom sacrificed himself in Three. I'm that invested in the Gears story.

This is probably my favorite video game franchise, and I've sunk literally months and months of time into the multiplayer. In a world full of the same shooters, this one is very different and actually has a pretty steep learning curve. The story and campaigns have always been interesting too.

I played the beta (or alpha) of this game and it's great; it feels like Gears 3 with a hint of Gears 2, which is good. It seems they've learned from Gears Judgment and appear to be listening to what the casual and competitive players alike want from the game.

So needless to say, I'm waiting for the launch and I'm sure the game will sell very well. I have no doubt it will deliver and officially launch Gears to the next generation both competitively and socially.

Also, it's good to see I'm not the only Gears fan here; I thought I was the only one outside of Dave.

Son of a Bitch, I didn't even know they had any plans for a #4 . #3 wrapped everything up perfectly.

I'm a Playstation man 100% but I absolutely love Gears of War. No other game has made me feel the feels from the beginning of #1 to the end of #3. I never thought I would actually want an Xbox 1 but this is my 2nd favorite Game franchise behind Resident Evil and if any game can get my to buy an Xbox it's this one.

I'm excited to see how it does.

Microsoft are really hanging a lot on this franchise to bring people over to their system. Personally, I'm not as invested in the console wars as I used to be but I have read that Sony seem to be doing a little bit better this time around. Something that I cannot understand. Microsoft have did a great job of rewarding people who buy their console with free games and rewards for Gold members on Live. Still, this is their BIG title that they have been waiting for.

I'd imagine that Microsoft are hoping that their are others like you who are considering buying an Xbox One and this might be the game to push them over the edge.

I played the beta and it felt like a proper Gears game. I'm pretty excited for it, mostly because the Gears franchise is one of my favorites of all time and like I said, the beta felt like it had all the elements of a Gears game.

My biggest question mark is going to be the story. Three put a nice bow on things, so it will be interesting to see where they go from there. The little pieces I have seen from the trailers looks good, so I think everything will be good.

And if Marcus does die, I will cry just like I did when Dom sacrificed himself in Three. I'm that invested in the Gears story.

The only thing I don't know anything about really, is the enemy in this one. I've seen the trailers and the game play, and have seen some of the monsters. But truth be told, they haven't did anything to explain their existence just yet. Perhaps we are to assume that Serra is just a bitch of a place to live and that everything on the planet is designed to wipe out humans.

With some people rejecting the new rules of the COG, I'd imagine that a lot of the game play will see you be ture outside of the city walls and into Outsider territory once again, almost like the Stranded from the first few titles. But it all remains to be seen.

As for Marcus dying, I'm almost positive it will happen. It's the Han Solo moment of the Gears series for sure. He's in the trailer for a bit and then he suddenly isn't anymore. I don't want it to happen. But I'm preparing myself for it mentally. Just in case...

This is probably my favorite video game franchise, and I've sunk literally months and months of time into the multiplayer. In a world full of the same shooters, this one is very different and actually has a pretty steep learning curve. The story and campaigns have always been interesting too.

I played the beta (or alpha) of this game and it's great; it feels like Gears 3 with a hint of Gears 2, which is good. It seems they've learned from Gears Judgment and appear to be listening to what the casual and competitive players alike want from the game.

So needless to say, I'm waiting for the launch and I'm sure the game will sell very well. I have no doubt it will deliver and officially launch Gears to the next generation both competitively and socially.

Also, it's good to see I'm not the only Gears fan here; I thought I was the only one outside of Dave.

I knew a Gears thread would bring you of your hiding hole...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back