Gail Kim leaves TNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if the WWE did throw a lot of money her way then hey I cannot blame her for taking it. Lets face it she did all she could in TNA and was just going to hnag around doing a little match here and there, and she might end up doing that in the WWE but getting paid more so why not. Look Gail wanted to wrestle and sorta make a name for herself and she did that in TNA, and now that he has her moment in the sun in TNA she is leaving it for the greener pastures in the WWE. Will it hurt TNA? I dont think so as they will find someone else to take her place as from the looks TNA is always searching the Indies for people.

Lets face when Cage's contract runs out next time, I bet he will jump as well as being a midcarder now in TNA, which he proly be in WWE, is nothing great but least in the E he would make more. Gail did what she wanted to do and now its all about making the money and you cant blame her for that.

I feel Vince just wants to make TNA pay dearly for making the "Diva Search" and pillow fight matches a joke,

Those matches were a joke before TNA was even around, TNA had nothing to do with making them look like a joke

Also, the "affirmative action" booking in WWE is also another factor. Would they really want Gail for her great wrestling, heart, and determination to make fans respect workrate,

Pretty sure they want her cause she draws, I think they think she could be the new Trish Stratus, and I think she could fill the role nicely myself

I have no problem with Gail jumping ship for WWE, she would be stupid to turn down the huge offer WWE is giving her, WWE has done things like this in the past, both Hardy's a good examples of this, more Jeff than Matt but still, both were released from WWE went off to work for other promotions, Jeff in TNA and Matt in ROH and various other indy feds, a few years later WWE decided they could be good additions to the Raw & SD! rosters, and offered them new contracts, now they are doing the same thing with Gail, nothing wrong with that at all, as AJ said next time Christians contract comes up I'm sure he'll jump ship back to WWE, wouldn't be surprised if 3D did the same

I'm surprised that TNA would let her go, even though she might not be in the "marquee" feud, she was a cornerstone of the Knockouts in much the same way that Trish was for the WWE for years.

From her perspective, I'm not as surprised. It seems she hit the same problem that Bret Hart hit years and years ago when he was a "pure face" (and before he went evil Canadian). There was nothing particularly distinctive about her except that she was the "good guy" which doesn't seem to get over as much when you have more shades of grey characters and it didn't seem that TNA was planning on changing that up anytime soon.

IF she is gone, then it's not because of any lack on her part, but a lack on the part of TNA's woman division. If you watch Gail's early matches and her first time around with WWE, you've see that the part that made her distinctive was that she was one of the most creative wrestlers in the field. She would bust out submissions moves out of nowhere. But there is almost no one in TNA that can match her on talent right now. That's not to say that there aren't some talented people, but she's as far ahead of them as say, AJ is from Tomko in terms of wrestling ability. But TNA has a distinct lack of work for submission wrestlers. Name 2 other submissions aside from Angle's ankle lock that are used on regular basis. You can't because there aren't any. This fact, along with the fact that even with WWE, she was injury prone (one of major reasons she was let go in WWE) and that could be what has happened to her time in TNA.

Personally, I see it as a going spot for the Knockouts in the Locker Room right now, which, ultimately, will be a good thing for the Women of TNA.

Lets not forget that the Women are the highest rated matches on iMPACT! and I think it is the right time now to push another female to compete against Kong. Whether this means bringing in someone with the same ability as Kim (and, lets face it, not many of the current Roster have that ability).

The usual names, Sable, Trish, Amy Dumas and Jazz will surface here as a replacement, but here is my idea: Nora Greenwald.

Damn good wrestler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back