Gail Kim Quits The WWE

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The title of the thread pretty much says it all. Earlier today, Gail Kim confirmed on Twitter that she officially quit the WWE as of this past Monday.

Since Monday, it's been brought up that she purposely eliminated herself from the Divas battle royal and did it because she "was just checking to see if anyone was paying attention."

She also concurred with someone in Twitter who said that WWE doesn't respect "true women wrestlers with talent." Gail Kim said "Yes it is a shame I agree. I know it's a man's world but the women are just as important!"

Yeah, that last line is complete bullshit. Women's wrestling has NEVER, EVER been a draw in America. When Gail Kim signed to the WWE, she did it for the money. She said as much herself. She knew that the WWE didn't have a "real women's division", but that didn't seem to matter much to her at the time. She was too busy counting the zeros on her checks.

I agree with some of what you say about her doing it for the money, but that doesn't mean we should ignore any work these people put in for that money. She was a great wrestler and deserved better. :(

Can't say I'm too surprised by this. Gail Kim hasn't been featured that much since her return to WWE, and the boyfriend/girlfriend relationship storyline with Daniel Bryan really didn't go anywhere. She did have her chances at becoming Divas Champion every now and then, but she never won the title. Will I miss Gail Kim? Probably not. I never had too big of a problem with Kim, but I don't think her loss will break the Divas division.

Also, I really don't understand this sudden outburst by Kim. In TNA, she was pushed pretty hard, and she was involved in some big time feuds for the Knockouts Championship. She CHOSE to leave TNA. She wanted to go the WWE. Gail Kim knew what she was getting into, when she signed on the dotted line, so I really can't feel any sympathy for her here.

Gail Kim was by FAR the most underrated diva on the WWE roster. I was waiting patiently for her to finally get pushed as she's got a lot more of the total package than many divas. Her heritage offers great opportunity overseas for her to be featured even though she is Canadian. I really wanted to see her and Kharma battle but I knew that she'd just be squashed anyways. I think there are two facets that TNA does way better than WWE, the women and cruiserweights, even though WWE has pushed Mysterio for years and was pushing Sin Cara and Evan Bourne is definitely exciting to see.

Sad that Gail had to quit to finally get what she wanted.

I'll believe it when I see it, to me it smells like a storyline. I don't think they would let her just eliminate herself from a match then announce it was her quitting.

Maybe it's the start of a new push where they will force her to wrestle and in protest she will just lay down. I would love to think they are smart enough to run a story like that and build her up till Kong Returns. Esp. with Melina being canned and Maryse being injured you can only put up with Kelly Kelly and the annoying twins so long.

sadly for most people, women's wrestling isn't taken too seriously,i doubt she'll be missed, gifted as some might be, wrestling seems to be a man's world.

It's a shame that Gail quit the WWE, but I really hope that she goes back to TNA. She was featured prominently there and I really prefer the Knockouts Division to WWE's Divas. TNA has always had better women's wrestling and I hope that Gail Kim can make her way back there and have some good feuds with Angelina Love and Mickie James.

Like I said in the WWE Releases thread I honestly can't give a damn about Gail Kim. I mean with all do respect I'm not gonna miss her one bit. She did the right thing by quitting I think she realized that she should just let the younger divas shine. The place for Kim to go now is TNA. It's full of WWE has beens. Just look at Victoria she's 40 and she still wrestles there.

Though I just gotta say one other thing. Does anyone else thing Gail's twitter account might have been hacked? I mean it happens. And after she eliminated herself she went to her Twitter to tell everyone how she wasn't trying to get herself fired and that she likes working for the WWE. Just pointing that out.

Yeah, don't feel bad for her for a second. She was one of the faces of the best women's division in pro wrestling with TNA a couple years ago, but decided to leave when WWE, the company with a joke of a women's division, came calling with a bigger paycheck. I can't blame her for wanting more money, but if she really believed that she would get pushed like she did in TNA, she is/was completely delusional.

Since she is getting married to Robert Irvine of the Food network I figured it would be a matter of time before she asked for her release.

She can work on raising a family with him and eating great food.

I would not be suprised to see her show up on the food network on one of his shows.

I'm sure Gail Kim didn't really quit. She is still on the WWE website. What most likely happened is that the WWE got tired of her complaining about the WWE and the battle royal thing was the last straw so they informed her that she will no longer be on any WWE programming (RAW, SD, NXT, Superstars, etc.) but she will continue to be a WWE employee. So we won't see her anymore but she's still collecting a paycheck.

Meh, I won't miss her. It's not like she was actually being used so I could care less. Everyone is making a big deal about it as if she was the best thing to happen to women's wrestling ever. To me, she's quite overrated. Her Kong feud was interesting, but she shows me nothing. No one cares about the diva's division anymore. She left TNA for the WWE, how stupid can she be? I'm just glad I won't be reading the posts about giving her the Diva's Championship and all that mess. Best of luck to ya though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gail does well outside of wrestling making various tv appearances with her husband. She lost her passion for wrestling, it's as simple as that. I don't blame her for losing it, if I was in a company that didn't care about me I probably would quit too.

i really could care less about gail kim, and the only reason I think Melina got release too cause she probably stood up for Gail Kim and WWE crative didnt like it, all i see the divas division for is a big ol' bathroom break.

Its a shame she quit cause if anyone could draw a dime with a match it would have been gail kim vs kharma. But that's just my opinion I also this contrary to hammer that if you put time into the divas and they all had talent they would do pretty good. I mean shimmers been around for a while and they haven't gone bankrupt so they have some draw with women wrestling.

It's about time. Her and countless other divas are lost in the shuffle and she hardly ever appeared on television unless she was in divas battle royal or that one time she was Daniel Bryan's girlfriend. It must have been a pretty sweet gig though to get paid for doing nothing. I could understand her frustration about the WWE not wanting to use her or others divas that much, but can you blame them? I don't know how much better off she will be if she decides to go to TNA, but maybe she will actually be on television long then 5 seconds.

BFD...Im more than likely not going to lose any sleep over her qutting. She was too busy getting in her own way to be about anything in the WWE. She knew what she was getting into when she signed. The Divas division is not what it used to be and get even less tv time than before. It's up to you to make the best out of a bad situation and to me it seems she couldn't do that.

and the battle royal thing was the last straw so they informed her that she will no longer be on any WWE programming (RAW, SD, NXT, Superstars, etc.) but she will continue to be a WWE employee. So we won't see her anymore but she's still collecting a paycheck.

Why in the hell would they keep any talent on the roster if they weren't going to have them on WWE programming? If they had no intention on bringing her back to TV, she would be released.

Either WWE and Gail haven't come to terms with the release yet on an official level so it can be announced, or she's still employed and this is a misunderstanding with twitter or a work.

Why in the hell would they keep any talent on the roster if they weren't going to have them on WWE programming? If they had no intention on bringing her back to TV, she would be released.

Either WWE and Gail haven't come to terms with the release yet on an official level so it can be announced, or she's still employed and this is a misunderstanding with twitter or a work.

Because it would probably cost them more money to release her if her contract is not going to expire soon.

When she left TNA, I thought that it was a mistake. TNA had the better division and least they treated the Knockouts as though they mattered. TNA's knockout division made people enthusiastic about women's wrestling again.

Then she left for WWE because she couldn't get a deal with TNA. I understood why she left, the money was just too great to turn WWE down. I had hoped that the WWE would use her better this time around but it never materialized. She was only there for about 2 years yet they could have given her a lot more considering her talent.

To know that she and Melina are let go, is disappointing since they could easily have a divison on both Raw and Smackdown with these two as major leaders on each division.

For everyone saying, "I don't give a damn" , "no big loss", "I won't miss her", I think that's her point. You won't miss her! Why? Because she wasn't being used. No Diva worth their salt is really being used right now or has been heavily used for a long time now. She was twiddling her thumbs collecting a paycheck and eventually she got tired of it. So she quit. Just because the Women's Division isn't as big of a draw as the men's doesn't mean it should be ignored as much as it is. But don't sit there and say she had no talent.

As far as Melina goes, I don't care what her attitude was backstage. She had talent too. If I'd been busting my ass for years only to be over shadowed by Trish, I'd be a bit pissy too. Anyone would be, hell male wrestlers have had attitude issues for years and yet they're still around some are even sitting in the HOF. But I digress, they're gone and unfortunately the Diva's Division isn't going to suffer because they weren't being used anyway. But they had talent.

Gotta file this under "who cares" I mean she is good but not THAT good. That is just fact. Now when Mickie James was let go that one hurt. But Gail just never did much for me. Plus you have to have more than just talent to make it. She just doesn't.

Unfortunately, I think the same thing can be said about nearly every diva in the WWE in terms of "nobody cares". When you underbook someone out of existence, nobody tends to care when they go. Furthermore, it tends to be a popular fan reaction that when they don't see much of a superstar, it means they aren't any good. When they aren't booked to win more than lose, that also means they suck, amirite? I could be way off base here, but it's more or less a trend I've picked up cruising the forums.

When it comes to Gail Kim, she, like so many divas, was capable of great things. The problem is that the WWE doesn't want great things from divas. This is why they are used only for filler material, usually in one big clusterf*** match so they can get all the divas in and over with in a short period of time. It has nothing to do with the women being no good. It has everything to do with the ones with the company political power (all male except for Stephanie McMahon) not wanting the males to be outshone by any female wrestlers, a real possibility if they were allowed T.V. time for promos and decent matches. Let's face it, the last diva to have any real stories to her name was Michelle McCool. We all know who she married and I have no doubt that 'Taker whispered in a few ears to arrange this.

I'd say Gail Kim would do better to go back to TNA if it were a few years ago. Unfortunately, it would seem that Hogan is turning it into a lower budget version of the WWE, rearranging things so that it's run more or less like the WWE, particularly in the weakening the knockout division and making the knockouts a bit more generic. I think Gail Kim saw the writing on the wall and decided it was no longer worth it. I frankly can't blame her. I can't say she'll be missed because she was barely even used by the WWE to begin with.

I wish her well in her future endeavors, and unlike the WWE I mean that literally.

As far as Melina goes, I don't care what her attitude was backstage. She had talent too. If I'd been busting my ass for years only to be over shadowed by Trish, I'd be a bit pissy too. Anyone would be, hell male wrestlers have had attitude issues for years and yet they're still around some are even sitting in the HOF. But I digress, they're gone and unfortunately the Diva's Division isn't going to suffer because they weren't being used anyway. But they had talent.

Melina caused some problems backstage rumor is she slept with Mike Knox and Batista while with JoMo though I'm not saying she did it was just a rumor. Plus Trish was one of the gals who paved the way for her and the other Divas. She can do whatever the hell she wants she's a legend. If she was pissy then she should have kept it to herself instead of making JoMo do all her dirty work by ignoring Trish and not taking any of her ideas. Male wrestlers are much more important to the WWE so they don't get released if they're huge stars.

Melina caused some problems backstage rumor is she slept with Mike Knox and Batista while with JoMo though I'm not saying she did it was just a rumor. Plus Trish was one of the gals who paved the way for her and the other Divas. She can do whatever the hell she wants she's a legend. If she was pissy then she should have kept it to herself instead of making JoMo do all her dirty work by ignoring Trish and not taking any of her ideas. Male wrestlers are much more important to the WWE so they don't get released if they're huge stars.

The Trish/Melina situation can be compared to the whole "Rock shouldn't be the focus of Wrestlemania,Raw, etc. because WWE has a roster full of talent blah blah blah" argument that raged for weeks on this site. But again not the point. Who cares who she slept with? (Altho I do find her taste in men questionable) Its not anyone's business who she slept with, how many times she did it, or who she was supposedly dating when it happened. (I felt the same when Lita's business was put on blast) Is it right no, but thats personal.

Anyway, this thread is about Gail Kim so I'll end the post by bringing it back to what she said on her twitter. "It's a man's world/business but that shouldn't mean the women aren't important." (Something to that effect)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back