Future World Title Run?

Neville = Future WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

• [COLOR="Green"]Yes[/COLOR]

• [COLOR="Red"]No[/COLOR]

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
The main event must be Neville challenging for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

This post was done in the thread regarding a UK special. It created an exciting question in my mind:

Would You want to see Neville as WWE World Heavyweight Champion in future? :suspic:

I would surely want him to have a WWE World Heavyweight Title run in future. He has good looks. He is very athletic and is a good in-ring worker. He may need to polish his mic-skills. Although I liked his promos in NxT against Sami Zayn, yet he has underwhelming promos at main roster. I think that he hasn't been allowed to speak much at main roster though. He is quite over with the crowd and aerial moves done by him are quite good. He has a nice moveset too. So thats why its a Yes from me. :)

Thoughts?

Don't really see him winning the WWE Championship. Maybe if there were two belts, but with only on title, the nearest that I see Neville getting to it would be a spot in an Elimination Chamber match for the title in a Kofi Kingston/John Morrison kind of role.

Neville is a talented guy who can go in the ring, but I do not see him as a consistent main event guy. He can have a couple of main event TV shows as a hometown hero, but he is not someone I see closing a PPV.

I don't think Neville is ever going to be a World Champion and I don't really want to see Neville in the World title picture. Don't get me wrong, Neville is an amazing performer, but not WC material, at least for now. However, that's not for me to decide.

I'm sure Neville will have a luxurous career in the WWE as mutliple time US and IC Champion in the years to come. I also see him as a future strong tag team comeptitor. I think Neville is going to be the Kofi Kingston of the future. Multiple mid card belts, multiple championships but not world champion. In order for Neville to become a world champ, the WWE needs to change their format as a whole, and until Vince dies, I don't see that. Actually I don't see WWE changing their format ever.

I think Neville is great in the ring, but his downfall is that he's too short. I have no idea what his height is, but he's got to the one of the shortest guys on the roster today. Maybe Kalisto might be shorter.

I could definitely see Neville holding one of the mid card titles, or the tag team title, but as World Champ, just can't see that happening. He has the skills and the body type Vince loves, but it's his height that might hurt him.

I can't see him ever being a main eventer on the main roster, and it has nothing to do with his size or wrestling style. It's more his lack of "it" factor. He has charisma, no doubt, but he doesn't have the kind of charisma that screams money. He's almost assuredly going to spend the duration of his WWE career around the midcard, and that's okay. Every promotion needs solid midcarders. It's a very stable position within the company, and the pay is excellent.

I can't say for certain because I'd like to see how he does if he's ever given some actual mic time. You know, given an opportunity to connect with fans as a persona instead of an amazingly athletic in-ring wrestler.

I don't know if Neville has that sort of personality in him or not because it's just too difficult to tell as we've heard so very little from him. There's just been no real chance to fairly gauge, at least in my opinion, whether he can forge a connection with fans.

IF Neville really doesn't have what it takes to forge that connection, then I don't see him being WWE Champion and I don't know that he'd make a particularly good WWE Champion. There have been a lot of guys pop up in WWE who're great athletes, bring a lot to the table inside the ring, but who just don't have that connection with fans to make a viable, long term run as champion.

That doesn't mean that Neville can't have a great career in WWE, that he doesn't have a lot to contribute and that he can't make a lot of money in the mid-card and tag team pictures. Unfortunately, and I'm guilty of this sometimes as well without really even being aware of it until after it's already said, too many of us give the impression that being a mid-carder is the equivalent of a wasted career; we sometimes say mid-carder with the same level of disdain or dread as we use when we say cancer and that's just not how it is. Neville is only 29 years old and maybe the stars will align up sometime down the road in which he's able to make that connection like we're seeing with guys like Kofi Kingston and Big E. That's not to say that Kofi will be WWE Champion, but his career has gotten a huge boost due to the success of New Day and, who knows, maybe he will get his opportunity; just because Neville doesn't get his moments in the sun in the first year he's on the main roster doesn't mean that they're not gonna happen.

Dejavu all over again. If Mysterio can become a world champion so can Neville. He will just need to keep up the good work so to speak.

I agree completely with MMA Mark.

If Mysterio can become champion in the era of Vince's big men then I don't see why Neville is getting an absolutely not with Triple H taking over more and more.

He's over with the fans and is great in the ring. The only thing he needs is a handful or 2 of meaningful feuds. The fact he's stuck in Limbo at the moment and not getting air time is the only thing holding him back and that's easily remedied at creative's discretion.

As much as I love Neville, I think he's perhaps a bit small to go above mid card on the main roster, we all know how Vince likes bis big guys, Neville also does more than 2 moves and has decent microphone skills, even if the US audience do find his Geordie accent baffling.

I can see him winning the world title, depending on who is in the main event in the future. He isn't small compared to guys like Rollins, Owens and AJ Styles, who I see being in the main event scene. He's even beaten bigger guys like Sheamus and Barrett without looking completly out matched, so I cant see why not.
The main problem is that even right now he has very little credibility. Its hard to see him as IC champion let alone the wwe world heavyweight champion.
He amazing in the ring and showed potential as a heel in Nxt, Neville just needs better booking.

No. I like watching him perform, but sadly he's in need of better surroundings, such as the WCW cruiserweights of yesteryear. He's always going to be a JTTS because there's not enough people around him to put him in consistently good feuds.

Watching him in a world title run would be like Misterio's reign, i.e. not that great. He's a great mid-card talent, and he would be fine with an occasional IC/US title run, and that's about it.

In his current role, he's bound to be a jobbing spot monkey for a long time, if he catches a break he might get a decent IC run, but WWE won't give him a chance to show off his personality, so he's going to continue being a spot monkey until they let him do somerhing besides flips.

I think he would need a pretty big, slam bang story behind it for a WWE WHC to be Neville. Brock Lesnar is super weak on the mic, but he has Paul Heymen to do all his talking, Neville needs the same kind of support or a funk load of practice of the mic. Rey Mysterio is like Neville's little kid, but even he won the Championship. (Although his story about winning it for Eddy was top notch emotional storytelling mixed with real life drama that really couldn't be duplicated today ) So really, ANYONE could win the WWE WHC if given the golden story and proper push. I think with both, Neville could be a great champion.

Rey Mysterio never should have been World Champion once, let alone three times. He was not over at a main event level except in Latino markets, and it showed every time he was champion. He was booed out of the building at WrestleMania 22 and got mild reactions in every non-Latino major wrestling city.

Neville is a guy who should not be anywhere near a World Championship. Frankly even seeing him compete for the Intercontinental or United States Championships is absurd to me. He's not a good wrestler, he has no charisma, and he looks like an overly muscular midget with giant ears. I could never take him seriously as a top guy.

He's got a better physique than Daniel Bryan, who despite being a vanilla midget had an incredible in ring acumen. Neville is missing that indescribable factor, that "I don't know what" or "it" factor that made Bryan such a huge star, basically charisma.

Reigns has the body of a god but the charisma of a dung beetle. Bryan looked like a goat but you wanted to believe in him. There was this earnestness in his promos that made you want to root for him. I don't feel that with Neville.

He's a bit awkward on the stick, but so was Bryan. Neville hasn't discovered that one thing that really gets him going. For Bryan, it was the yes chants. Neville in his current state has the tagline "man that gravity forgot" that feels a bit pretentious.

Until he discovers that missing factor, he's a highlight real midcard guy. I could see a late career title victory, but he just doesn't have that charismatic pass for what he lacks in look. Christian had enough charisma to overcome his look, but ultimately Vince would never take a chance on him. It took the two world title era to give Captain Charisma a world title in WWE, and that time has passed.

I like Neville, I preferred it when he had a first name. He's got the indie pedigree, the NXT call up, he has all the potential, but he has a lot of the stereotypical flags that WWE traditionally does not push.

Of everyone who has come up through NXT in the last two years, I'd say he has a chance, but he's far behind guys that are yet to be called up like Balor or even Apollo Crews, let alone the litany of guys on the main roster who could be world champion.

I want to stay optimistic for Nevile, but he's got a lot going against him.

I only voted yes because of his potential. His ring work is already top notch but without any improvement on the mic or cutting promos it just won't happen unless he gets paired with manager who can talk for him and the right program falls in his lap.

As he sits now, he's not even US or IC title holder material unless his opponent carries the promos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back