Full WrestleKingdom 10 Card

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
Pre-Show New Japan Rumble

Over-the-top rope battle royal with two participants starting and one minute between entrances. Number and identity of participants TBD.This is where you will find Nagata, Tenzan, Taguchi, Captain Fookin New Japan, Tiger Mask IV, Liger and Kojima

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship 4-Way

reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) (c) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. Roppongi Vice (Rocky Romero & Beretta) vs. Ricochet & Matt Sydal

Special Six Man Tag Team Match

Toru Yano & Two Mystery Wrestlers vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga)

Special Singles Match (Note: If Lethal holds the belt at this point, it is performed for the ROH World Championship.)

Jay Lethal vs. Michael Elgin

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship

Kenny Omega (c) vs. KUSHIDA

IWGP Tag Team Championship

Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) (c) vs. Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma)

Special Singles Match

Hirooki Goto vs. Tetsuya Naito

NEVER Openweight Championship

Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata

IWGP Intercontinental Championship

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. AJ Styles

IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Hells yes this card is going to be amazing. The Ishii Vs Shibbata match is going to be stiff as hell and amazing.

That seems remarkably similar to last (this) year's card in many ways. Don't get me wrong there are some good looking matches just a lot of repeats/retreads.

That seems remarkably similar to last (this) year's card in many ways. Don't get me wrong there are some good looking matches just a lot of repeats/retreads.

The thing that really irks me about NJPW is the fact that for the last three years it seems the World title has just gone in a triangle between Okada/Tanahashi/Styles. That and despite no matter how much I love him Nakamura will always be in the IC title picture, as well as Doc and Gallows with the tag titles, and the Jr. tag titles continue to have the same damn matches every month with any combination of reDRagon/Bucks/and whoever.

The thing that really irks me about NJPW is the fact that for the last three years it seems the World title has just gone in a triangle between Okada/Tanahashi/Styles. That and despite no matter how much I love him Nakamura will always be in the IC title picture, as well as Doc and Gallows with the tag titles, and the Jr. tag titles continue to have the same damn matches every month with any combination of reDRagon/Bucks/and whoever.

This seems to be the show where that triangle ends though. Everyone seems to be expecting this to be Okada winning and end the feud with Tanahashi, ready to push him down from his (f)ace of the company perch, while Styles has that back injury - which supposing that pushes him out, who fills in for him versus Nakamura?

Also, I take it Suzuki is still working the NOAH invasion angle given his presence/star power being a glaring absentee from the card?

Tanahashi vs Okada has been epic, This is the one that Okada needs to win to complete the story that has been going through with all of them. Also all of these matches are different, they do callbacks to previous matches and things that happened are countered. This will be another amazing match from them.

Pre-Show New Japan Rumble
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team - reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) (c) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. Roppongi Vice (Rocky Romero & Beretta) vs. Ricochet & Matt Sydal
Special Six Man Tag Team Match - Toru Yano & Two Mystery Wrestlers vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga)
Special Singles Match - Jay Lethal vs. Michael Elgin
IWGP Junior Heavyweight - Kenny Omega (c) vs. KUSHIDA
IWGP Tag Team - Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) (c) vs. Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma)
Special Singles Match - Hirooki Goto vs. Tetsuya Naito
NEVER Openweight - Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata
IWGP Intercontinental - Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. AJ Styles
IWGP Heavyweight - Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Slightly disappointed in the card. i was hoping for Los Ingobernales (EVIL/Naito) to face Meiyu Tag, but I guess Naito, Goto and Shibata are too big for that sort of treatment. Still a shame though. They need younger heavyweights to rise up the card sooner rather than later, and however rough EVIL might be now, he needs to get on up there.

Besides that... eh. I'm sick of the multi-man matches that is the junior heavyweight tag team. I'd rather they unify it with the heavyweight division and then run a NEVER Tag Team Championships for the secondary tag teams, while the good juniors and heavies go for the main title.

What else...

Styles vs. Shibata is super cool and is a fresh match. Besides that, I was kind of hoping for Elgin vs. Ishii (Elgin is freelancing fully atmo, so him becoming a New Japan guy full time would be cool), since I'm not the biggest fan of Lethal. Might have been interesting to see him defend against Jushin Thunder Liger or something, but whatever.

Slightly disappointed in the card. i was hoping for Los Ingobernales (EVIL/Naito) to face Meiyu Tag, but I guess Naito, Goto and Shibata are too big for that sort of treatment. Still a shame though. They need younger heavyweights to rise up the card sooner rather than later, and however rough EVIL might be now, he needs to get on up there.

Besides that... eh. I'm sick of the multi-man matches that is the junior heavyweight tag team. I'd rather they unify it with the heavyweight division and then run a NEVER Tag Team Championships for the secondary tag teams, while the good juniors and heavies go for the main title.

What else...

Styles vs. Shibata is super cool and is a fresh match. Besides that, I was kind of hoping for Elgin vs. Ishii (Elgin is freelancing fully atmo, so him becoming a New Japan guy full time would be cool), since I'm not the biggest fan of Lethal. Might have been interesting to see him defend against Jushin Thunder Liger or something, but whatever.

I assume you mean Styles vs Nakamura as that match has never properly taken place ever.

Over-the-top rope battle royal: Idk who gonna win this but imagine it being crazy

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship 4-Way: my money is on Ricochet & Matt Sydal with a close 2nd the Young Bucks..this is gonna be a spot fest high speed action that will set up series between these teams i predict 5*'s

Special Six Man Tag Team Match

Toru Yano & Two Mystery Wrestlers vs. Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Tama Tonga): Toru could introduce 2 new members of Chaos i beat on Moose and some1 else for me this is a toss up

Special Singles Match (Note: If Lethal holds the belt at this point, it is performed for the ROH World Championship.)

Jay Lethal vs. Michael Elgin: the start of the Jay Lethal farewell tour

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship

Kenny Omega (c) vs. KUSHIDA:.....another great match on this card it could go either way. but my pick is...THE CLEANER!!!! KENNY OMEGA!!!!!

IWGP Tag Team Championship

Bullet Club (Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows) (c) vs. Great Bash Heel (Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma):Bullet Club with he magic killer

Special Singles Match

Hirooki Goto vs. Tetsuya Naito: Naito for me

NEVER Openweight Championship

Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Katsuyori Shibata:i dont pay attention to the never stuff

IWGP Intercontinental Championship

Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. AJ Styles: AJ is hurt i doubt NJPW will put the title on a guy who could be out a while. But SwagSuke is the legit boss who i want to eventually challenge fellow stable mate Okada in a unification match.

IWGP Heavyweight Championship

Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi:this is my only dislike on the night...Legit Cena vs Orton feel..i feel like i have seen out heard about this match 100 time so please NJPW no more

but over all this is 9/10 card i cant wait

I just realized who is most likely to be the 2 mystery tag team members for YTR. Its going to be the Kingdom, just so they can have Maria on TV as a counterpoint to Mao being on the arm of Takahashi.

I was so disappointed when they decided to do Tanahashi vs Okada AGAIN, but hopefully Okada can win this and FINALLY end this feud. Don't get me wrong, their Invasion Attack and King of Pro Wrestling matches are two of the greatest matches of all time! But the WK9 match was sub-par when yuo compare it to their amazing work in previous matches. I've no doubt they changed that match (and the outcome) because of the GFW thing and being exposed to an English audience. They were also more pressed for time.

Styles vs NAkamura, absolute dream match, if both are at their best. I hear Nakamura has been phoning in a lot of his matches, hope this isn't true as he's probably my favourite current wrestler.

As an addition YTR revealed that Dem Boys The Briscoe Brothers are going to be his tag team partners against the Bullet Club

Tanahashi vs Okada has been epic, This is the one that Okada needs to win to complete the story that has been going through with all of them. Also all of these matches are different, they do callbacks to previous matches and things that happened are countered. This will be another amazing match from them.

See, my issue with this feud is that everything you just said was said last year. NJPW dragging the hole out of this feud is ridiculous. There's no doubt of it being a great match but it's been the same main event for the last 3 years.

The 6 man tag now has a title to go with it in a NEVER Trios title. And YOSHITATSU is going to be on English Commentary as well, I assume that is so he can be able to translate promos if there are any, and to pass on timings to Kelly and Striker

Even in my mostly hiatus-type status from regular wrestling viewing(both foreign and domestic), I'm stoked as shit for this card. I'm expecting the 2016 edition to easily top the 2015 edition as a complete show due to what I anticipate will be a stronger lower and middle card, while still presenting a couple mid 4-star level outings in the double main event.

The NEVER title match is definitely my most anticipated bout. I'm thinking Ishii and Shibata will steal the show, the same way they stole the match of the tourney at the G-1 three or so years ago, and establish the leading early candidate for MOTY.

Looks like another good show as it normally is. Omega-KUSHIDA, Ishii-Shibata, Nakamura-Styles, and Okada-Tanahashi should all be excellent. Okada/Tanahashi is a bit stale at this point, but Okada finally getting his big Wrestle Kingdom win again his nemesis should supply a good story to their usual great in-ring work.

Goto-Naito could be good too. Naito doesn't do much for me but I always thought he and Goto had good matches.

I also wouldn't be shocked if Elgin wins the ROH belt here, because I'm sure ROH would love to have a title change on the annual Dome show as a notch in their belt.

The one thing I wish is that they wouldn't be so formulaic in booking the card every year though, you can always expect that pre show Rumble and a 4-way tag match to open the show.

Rewatching WK9 right now. This show reminded me so badly how much I miss JR. Even old as shit JR is so much better than every commentator in wrestling today. I forgot about Striker giving a shout out to PWG too.

New Japan's announced the six man with Toru Yano and the Briscoes vs. Bullet Club to be a title match featuring the new NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag. It's the first six man tag title in the company's history, and it'll be a nice shine to the opening matches post-Kingdom. I just wish they'd unify their tag divisions to straighten out their roster from top to bottom.

They've got big shoes to fill if they want that title to live up to the NEVER name and what Ishii did with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back