Free Or Fired Angle Was Terrible

One more thing, how does it make Barrett look "weak" and/or "stupid"? The guy has pretty much pissed every Superstar on Raw and SD off at one point that isn't Nexus. And even then, you got Otunga bitching about him. Why would he alienate himself from his only allies?

I am so glad the WWE booked to kids now. At least they understand this storyline.

I think it sucks, S-U-C-K-S. At first when Cena had to choose between doing the right thing and his career when Barrett challenged Orton for the title, I thought this would be an interesting angle. Now it has ended up being completely unnecessary and redundant. I mean everyone on here knew that Cena wasn't actually fired, but now every young fan of every age with either lick of sense knows it too.

How long was Cena out? 3 weeks? A month? Big freakin' whoopdedoo, he wasn't fired and he sure wasn't antagonized he was simply given a short break from in ring competition while getting to show up of course. A thank you is in order instead of an ass beating. This storyline had potential to be great, but it was utterly wasted and turned up useless. This angle picked up momentum and then was stopped dead in it's tracks, hell what other reason would we want to see Nexus get their ass beat? Their no longer a threat! They have failed everything they tried to do, how in the world are we gonna take them seriously? I now no longer care what happens at TLC, Cena beats the crap outta Barrett IDC, Barrett beats the crap outta Cena IDC, the two ally and make love in the middle of the ring IDC. Why? Because with this move Barrett and Nexus utterly failed as the antagonists. They didn't take anything from Cena, if it were me I'd simply laugh at them, hand signal the letter L on my forehead and walk away. The war is over, Cena won. Checkmate, touche, Cenation conquered Nexusia and burned it's capital city. Why bother having a match? Cena has decisively beat Nexus, and at TLC all Cena will do is pin a broken down LOSER. I don't hate Barrett, BUT I PITY THE FOOL. That's right I pity the biggest heel in the company, the guy that I'm supposed to hate and who's supposed to antagonize the hell out of the faces. I have a feeling that WWE creative had other plans but ended up scrapping the angle, and the match turned into a dud. If this was intentional, shame on them.

So from here after this I guess we'll have the implosion of Nexus, heel vs heel that's always fun. Unless you think the crowd is gonna get behind a face Otunga, haha yeah.

I think it sucks, S-U-C-K-S. At first when Cena had to choose between doing the right thing and his career when Barrett challenged Orton for the title, I thought this would be an interesting angle. Now it has ended up being completely unnecessary and redundant. I mean everyone on here knew that Cena wasn't actually fired, but now every young fan of every age with either lick of sense knows it too.

How long was Cena out? 3 weeks? A month? Big freakin' whoopdedoo, he wasn't fired and he sure wasn't antagonized he was simply given a short break from in ring competition while getting to show up of course. A thank you is in order instead of an ass beating. This storyline had potential to be great, but it was utterly wasted and turned up useless. This angle picked up momentum and then was stopped dead in it's tracks, hell what other reason would we want to see Nexus get their ass beat? Their no longer a threat! They have failed everything they tried to do, how in the world are we gonna take them seriously? I now no longer care what happens at TLC, Cena beats the crap outta Barrett IDC, Barrett beats the crap outta Cena IDC, the two ally and make love in the middle of the ring IDC. Why? Because with this move Barrett and Nexus utterly failed as the antagonists. They didn't take anything from Cena, if it were me I'd simply laugh at them, hand signal the letter L on my forehead and walk away. The war is over, Cena won. Checkmate, touche, Cenation conquered Nexusia and burned it's capital city. Why bother having a match? Cena has decisively beat Nexus, and at TLC all Cena will do is pin a broken down LOSER. I don't hate Barrett, BUT I PITY THE FOOL. That's right I pity the biggest heel in the company, the guy that I'm supposed to hate and who's supposed to antagonize the hell out of the faces. I have a feeling that WWE creative had other plans but ended up scrapping the angle, and the match turned into a dud. If this was intentional, shame on them.

So from here after this I guess we'll have the implosion of Nexus, heel vs heel that's always fun. Unless you think the crowd is gonna get behind a face Otunga, haha yeah.

Nexus attacked Cena, forced him to join Nexus, and gotten him "fired". How the hell have they failed in everything they tried to do. Anyone with a brain should see that this whole Nexus angle was to get Wade over as a heel and if you noticed, he is the only one that's over. He's had two or three title shots so the only thing he has failed to do is win the title. Barrett is a top two heel on RAW so he's doing a damn good job. It's the job of the face to take out the heel at the end. Cena went through hell at the hands of Barrett so now he has to take him out. This angle was a not of waste of time and even the obvious can see that.

No it was terrible, your not exaggerating. They had the world in their palm when cena counted three for orton, and then dashed everyone's hope the next night on raw when cena interfered in a match. OK, the first post-firing encounter was acceptable as it set up Miz' cash-in, it was in fact a necessary. But the weeks afterwards where he continued to be a law unto himself, was exceedingly wasteful.

We have the fact that cena showed up on raw after he was supposed to be fired, no not having any attempt at him trying to cover up his identity. Firstly doing his "can't see me" sign to the camera which was avoidable, then coming down to the front row which was fine, until he ran in the ring and nobody made any attempt to stop him except the nexus themselves. Finally, somehow acquiring a camera man to film him backstage so everyone knew his location, but once again having no security come for him.

Then we have the fact that cena showed up in work clothes. Cena is a little unfortunate in the fact that his ring attire is actually the sort of thing you could picture someone wearing outside of the ring as casual wear... but that doesn't excuse the fact that they could and should have made him look more casual and ordinary than he did to show him as a normal ticket buying fan.

We next have the second biggest crime of this situation, that cena found himself re-hired....WITHIN A FRIGGING MONTH! This cena not being on TV could have been extended to at least 2 month duration had my initial points been better dealt with, but as it stands they didn't get all the life out of the beast that they could have done, without ever compromising the possible factor of the story boring people which is criminal.

Finally, the most despicable mistake was that WWE didn't trust themselves enough to think they could maintain ratings without having cena so explicitly on their shows. If cena had appeared as Juan cena, or attacked nexus backstage but never openly given away his identity or finally never openly come out to the ring in front of everyone then they could have maintained interest and built tension of his return better. But having him appear on every show so obviously showed they didn't have enough faith in the rest of their show drawing ratings which is really disappointing and worrying for me.

For me, this storyline should have been longer, and shown less of cena. Seen as they have made a whole host of mistakes with their biggest story of the year, I'm disappointed. You have a point my bud, you do indeed.

All you people complaining. You are all a bunch of ******s. Simple explanation of why Cena showed up every week with none of the security trying to stop him. The security that works for the wwe know Cena and are friends with him, the same security that was beaten up during Nexus's original attacks. So why should the same security that was beaten up by the Nexus care that they are now getting attacked? Of course they are just going to let Cena do what he wants because they really don't care. They explained that straight away and yet so many people don't seem to understand.

My problem with the whole Nexus/Cena storyline is that it is back to square one! We are at the exact same point that we were the night Nexus first appeared and beat the crap out of Cena. There has been no permanent changes to any character other than Sheffield and Tarver being replaced by Harris and McGillicutty, and Daniels and Black Cena completely out. There was no growth to any wrestler....not even Cena or Barrett.

The storyline was shit not because of who was in it, but because of the outcome. How long was Cena actually "fired" for a few weeks? I know its kayfabe and we all have to suspend disbelief, but its hard to be excited about Cena returning to WWE when he never left. Barrett and the Nexus look like fools for not being able to take out Cena. So Barrett decides to hire Cena back so the Nexus guys can attack him again? and that he can have a match with him? Wow Wade you really let Cena have it by giving him his job back after a few weeks, and agreeing to wrestle him in a match.

It really doesn't matter if this was WWE, TNA, ROH, whatever. It doesn't matter if the wrestler was Steve Austin, Rock, Cena. Orton, AJ Styles, or Miz. This free or fired angle was terrible because it was rushed. If Cena didn't appear every week on Raw, then maybe him showing up a month or two later would have been something special. I guess Cena and WWE can do no wrong in some people's eyes.

I would agree with you. But i think Cena either shouldve been fired closer to wrestlemania. or returned to raw closer to wrestlemania. But honestly lets go back to Hell In a cell. He shouldnt have been forced to go into the Nexus anyway. That ordeal just made the WWE looks stupid. It was boring to watch Cena in nexus. The only good thing to come at of that is orton becoming a face.

The free or fired angle was pretty bad and its not that Cena or Nexus is responsible for that. It was the booking that was the headscratcher.

Firstly never during the angle did Cena look upset with the fact that he had lost his job. Now if this is his life, as he puts it he should have appeared more anxious. It was as if he knew all along that he would get his job back at some point of time. He was laconic and detached all along. Always smiling and joking around. He looked like he was going through a paid vacation rather than an unpleasant firing.

Secondly the way he was brought back was ridiculous. So Barrett is more or less a cheating chickenshit heel. So why does he want to face Cena in a ONE on ONE match at TLC? Is he unaware of Cena's wrestling skills? Frankly if I was the leader of Nexus I would have made Cena participate in a 4 on 1 chairs match or something against myself and three of my cronies. This does not make any sense to me.

@ Slyfox696

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but was not the whole concept of the Free or Fired Angle based around John Cena? Yeah, thought so. Score one for me."
T.W.W
It dosn't matter if the angle was based around Cena, Because it is POSSIBLE to debate if an angle is terrible or not without talking about WHO the angle is based on.

SF696
"What the fuck was wasted? People tuned in every week to see what happened. It sold PPVs, and it sets up a match between Cena and Barrett. How the fuck is that a waste of time? Do you even understand the concept of promoting"

T.W.W
Just because Cena & Barrett had their match @ TLC, DOSN'T MEAN that it SOLD well. The ppv buy rates have not coming in yet for TLC. So untill they DO you can not say that it sold ppv's because when the numbers come in they could be low.

SF696
"Let me see if I have this right. You want to do the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING the WWE is currently doing, but instead of doing it in one month, you want them to take their biggest draw off television for 3 or 4 months during what is historically the worst time for ratings during the year"

T.W.W
I would not of done THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING the wwe did with the storyline because the way they done it was STUPID. WWE putting all their eggs in 1 basket like they have done with Cena is dumb because then you have no other drawing power if said wrestler cant be on tv, Being it he is injured or it is for storyline purpose.

SF696
"You're saying that Cena should have a match to earn back his job? Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Cena was FIRED! You don't get to work a match when you're fired. Cena HAD to be re-hired on live TV, for two reasons. 1) You don't get to wrestle if you're not employed, and 2) You get to promote the shit out of the PPV"

T.W.W
Wake up mann!! Wrestling IS NOT REAL!!! They could of had an unsanctioned match for Cena to get his job back. Or Cena could of wound up Barrett to such a degree that Barrett could of agreed to face Cena in a bar fight, Street fight or whatever to make the match happen. REMEMBER ITS NOT REAL KIDO ;)
And to get back to your "Promote THE SHIT out of the match.... They did it 6 DAYS before the ppv. WAY TO PROMOTE THE SHIT OUT OF THEIR MATCH ISN'T IT!!!!!

If YOU think that promoting your MAIN EVENT 6 DAYS BEFORE the event is a good thing, Then I wouldn't want you as head of my promotional department. GOD NO! :lol:

And as it goes for the Barrett's "Was he STRONG or was he WEAK in this whole angle"
I along with MANY wrestling insiders have the opinion that Barrett has not come out of this well. This angle could of kept Cena on tv, Made a LEGIT main eventer out of Barrett, And we could of got some mid-card guys out of the nexus. Some of nexus may have jobs after this. Cena will always be here, But Barrett will need to be built up again after this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back