Free Or Fired Angle Was Terrible

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by Aberle4Life, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Aberle4Life

Aberle4Life Occasional Pre-Show

I get that John Cena is WWE's top guy right now and the company would perhaps suffer without him on RAW for awhile. That's why this whole "free or fired" angle they ran with him and Nexus never should have happened.

What was the point? He got fired, then proceeded to show up at every RAW for a month until Wade Barrett rehired him this past Monday. He was allowed to go into the ring whenever he wanted and basically remained a WWE superstar for that month--just without actually wrestling in a match.

This angle made Barrett look really stupid. You're supposed to be building him up and WWE actually had been doing a decent job with it, but he now looks as weak as he ever has. His faction started to turn on him and he bent after a lousy MONTH to rehire Cena after he obviously wanted to get rid of him for months before that.

I'm assuming WWE wanted to give Cena a bit of an edge with this angle since he had been getting so stale before it. That's why he should have been sent home for awhile, so his character could contemplate life without WWE and what he did wrong along the way. Instead, he just stayed the same ole' happy-go-lucky Cena, partying with the WWE Universe before every RAW. Why not have him go away, then a couple months later--unannounced--just show up and beat the hell out of somebody from Nexus? Now, it's basically the same John Cena with the occasional mean look on his face.

I get WWE wants ratings and merch sales. Great. But in their blindness for these things, they're missing out on executing realistic storylines. How could they wrap up this Cena-fired storyline before the very next PPV? It's just dumb. If they wanted Cena available for the next PPV, they never should have run with "Free Or Fired." It was just a lazy way to get Cena out of Nexus.

Anybody agree that the Free Or Fired storyline was basically a big waste of time and effort?

2. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

It was a good storyline but at the wrong time. I don't know this for sure but I bet their plans had to be scrapped or cut short because of Orton's injuries. If they would have done this during the summer, then I think it would have been better because Cena could have came back right around now heading towards the Royal Rumble. It wasn't a waste of time but it could have been done better at the right time.

3. joker217

joker217 Dark Match Jobber

This angle showed so much promise when it first started, and the night Cena got "fired" they did really well with him saying good-bye at Survivor Series and his promo the next night on RAW. Everything afterwards has been ridiculous. Its making Barrett and the Nexus look weak, and its also just the same old, boring Cena character as well. WWE wonders why Cena gets the remixed reaction he gets, and its because of reasons like this with them forcing him down our throats. If you ask me, this showing signs of desparation by WWE, because they think they need Cena at every show to make the shows a success, instead of using his absense to build other stars like JoMo, or establish Orton more as a top face. This angle had promise, but like everything WWE does nowadays, they fuck it up.

4. Dzone

Dzone Getting Noticed By Management

I couldn't care less if Cena was there week in-week out BUT why was he at RAW week after he was fired... The angle would have been much better if he was off TV for atleast 2 weeks-5 weeks.

WWE are showing that they can't do anything without Cena, it's making them look weak. This is eventhough Orton gets basically the same reaction (face reaction) as Cena *see the Slammies nominees for Wrestler of the year thingy*. The angle was pretty good though but it was very in-your-face and annoyingly stuffed into our faces...

5. Wade's Public Transit Bomb

Wade's Public Transit Bomb Championship Contender

Are people really complaining that John Cena wasn't off TV? Never mind that Raw for the foreseeable future is The John Cena Show or that it is the holiday aka gift giving season? In the words of The Miz.. "Really?" That would be like keeping Homer off an episode of The Simpsons.

6. Cats Pajamas

Cats Pajamas Serenity now!!!

I didn't care for this whole Nexus thing at first but I was happy to see they have actually kept a pretty good Barrett/Cena feud going this whole time. Most of the time I get bored when a feud spans a couple of PPVs. I think a good part of that is how Barrett delivers his character, though I still think it'd be good to have him get a clean win occasionally.

7. The Wrestler`s Wrestler

The Wrestler`s Wrestler Occasional Pre-Show

The Cena free or fired angle was as a big waste of time like the EV2.O angle. I honestly dont know if the wwe booked this angle week by week, Or it was planned out that wat from the start. If it was the latter then WE ARE IN TROUBLE because that angle made NO sense. It made Barrett look stupid even though he is ment to be one of the "Next gens" big heels along with Sheamus and The Miz.

How could they have Cena cut that "Going home promo" The have him come back THE NEXT WEEK on raw. Cena is ment to be fired but he is...

1. In his in ring gear (Even down to his knee pads)
    2. Cutting promos backstage with Josh Matthews.
    3. Cutting promos in THE RING for 15 MINUTES too.
    4. Running around the arena and even HIDING under the ring
    interfering in championship matches without security chasing him down.

At least when Matt Hardy was "fired" back in 05 when he invaded the arena it was a quick, In attack Edge then run when the security comes. No in-ring gear, No promos backstage. That made it more believable, Cena being fired over this past month has been a complete JOKE. And come to think about it a little more, The fact that Cena was still doing house shows as "Jaun Cena" under a mask but still in his gear leads me to think that not a lot of planning went into this angle. Because if Cena was taken of house shows it would of been easier to get that storyline over, But because Cena was still doing the house shows there was no believability in that story. If the wwe knew that they was not going to pull Cena from the house shows they should of not of run with the free or fired angle. Which leaves me to believe that this was booked week to week. And what makes this angle even more sad is that there wasn't even a match between Cena and Barrett to get Cena his job back. That could of drawn some money, Instead Barrett just hires Cena back and now we have a chairs match between the two @ TLC for pretty much no reason, Because like Cena said "Being fired wasn't all that bad" :lol:

8. Aberle4Life

Aberle4Life Occasional Pre-Show

Thanks to everyone for their responses so far, and keep them coming.

Eboney, I'm not complaining that Cena has still been on RAW every week. It's that he was "fired" and then proceeded to remain on the show every week. It wasn't realistic in the least and made the whole Free Of Fired angle just meaningless and ridiculous. It's poor writing, and if they had no plans of not having Cena on each week they shouldn't have done the angle in the first place.

9. Slyfox696

Slyfox696 Excellence of Execution

Wow, people are crying again in a John Cena thread? Go figure.

First of all, to those claiming Wade Barrett looked weak...shut the fuck up. Barrett's the heel, and heels should ALWAYS look inferior to the faces. It's Wrestling 101. But besides that, Barrett fucking fired John Cena, and you're claiming he looked weak? Why? Because Cena beat up Barrett's friends? Has the intelligence of the IWC dropped so low that it now considers beating up the FRIENDS of a heel to make the heel look weak?

Get out of here with that stupid shit. And that's what it is...stupid. The fact of the matter is, if Cena's name was Stone Cold Steve Austin, all of you wrestling pseudo-intellectuals would be proclaiming it the greatest story ever.

Fucking terrible. Learn a little about wrestling before you post such stupid comments.

10. jh715

jh715 Dark Match Jobber

When the free or fired stipulation was announced, I was intrigued and I never thought Cena would go through with counting the 3 against Barrett at Survivor Series. I was thinking maybe a heel turn could be in the works or R-Truth would have interfered or something because of the backstage talk they had. The stipulation was interesting and when he counted the 3, I was legitimately stunned. Then there were a few things that I noticed that made me realise that this storyline was going to bomb and it began the night after Survivor Series.

1) John Cena's "farewell" speech was in the middle of the show. Whenever a WWE wrestler, for example Shawn Michaels or Ric Flair, their farewell speech was at the end of Raw. Then the other wrestlers would come down into the ring, hug, talk and everything else. But with Cena's it was in the middle of the show and no wrestler came out to hug him or congratulate him or whatever. Okay, he got a nice long aisle of wrestlers applauding him and Randy Orton hugged him and they said their goodbyes and Cena exited out the parking lot with Barrett giving him Cena's "You Can't See Me" taunt. Nice little piece of work that added intrigue to the storyline.
    2) When Cena was giving his farewell speech, he was in his ring gear. Now, going back to Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels when they left, they weren't in their wrestling attire but either a suit or normal clothes. Cena was in his ring gear, knee pads and those wrist bands.
    3) He interfered later in the night. Cena interfered later in the night and cost Barrett in the WWE Championship rematch with Randy Orton. Okay, I understand it's furthering the storyline, but didn't Cena just walk out of the building about an hour before? Are we supposed to believe that Cena walked out after his speech, walked back in without security doing anything and then attacking Barrett, still with no security coming after him and no one noticing? Hmmm... I smell bad storyline in the making.

Then as we know, the attacks continued, Cena continues to take out each member of Nexus from sneaking underneath the ring, running through the crowd and in a hotel. Again, with no security chasing him down, no talks of police charges for assault or anything that could have made this storyline a little bit more realistic. Now, to top off this storyline, Cena was rehired by Barrett and they are going to settle this... in a Chairs Match. What a load of crap! I have a couple of questions to ask. 1) Since when was it mentioned that Barrett had the authority to re-hire Cena? I thought he only had the power to fire and control Cena. 2) Why in the blue hell settle it in a Chairs Match? Also, I have another thing to mention, I think it was last week Cena said that he didn't care if he was re-hired because he was "having fun partying with the WWE Universe" and because he wanted to make Nexus' lives a living hell. Now, when Barrett called Cena out to re-hire him, Cena looked overjoyed and couldn't believe it... it looked like he was going to cry or something. Well done John, you've just completely contradicted yourself a week before and this whole storyline since Survivor Series.

What has this storyline gone and done? It has made Nexus look weak, made Barrett look like a fool and it has done nothing but become ridiculous. The creative team probably added the mutiny idea for both Barrett and Otunga to try and save this God awful storyline and for some reason, I can see Otunga turning against Nexus, becoming a face and maybe getting a bit more of a push because of this. Besides Barrett, Otunga is the other focal point of Nexus. He talks about plans, he stands up to Barrett occasionally and he was the one who planned the mutiny against Barrett and told him he would be exiled from Nexus if Cena was not re-hired. Then on Monday, the same thing happened to Otunga that happened to Barrett just a week before. Anyway, I've gotten off point here, this storyline since Survivor Series has become ridiculous because WWE doesn't want the kids to not buy the John Cena merchandise seeing as he is the poster boy of the WWE.

If WWE wanted to make this seem a bit more legit, look back to the Matt Hardy vs Edge storyline in 2005 or keep Cena out of the arena's and move on with life. Maybe they could have had an interview with him via satellite or something. That way, he is still on TV in some capacity and the kids and women are happy or mix the two, start with the satellite interviews and then begin with the run-in attacks on Nexus, but have security stop him and eject him from the building, that way, it looks legit. Those are just some basic ideas, how I would flesh it out, I don't know yet.

But my point is, WWE dropped the ball with the free or fired stipulation and now the storyline has failed and I can't wait for it to end.

11. shagonzalez

shagonzalez Dark Match Winner

I found the angle intriging.IMO i think Barrett gave in to soon to hiring Cena.I don't think it made Nexus look weak cause it seemed Cena was sneak attacking each of it's members,and we all saw what Nexus did to Cena on Raw.I do have to say that it would have been better if Cena went away awhile and Nexus had taken over,then have Cena return and wreak havoc on Barrett n the Nexus.

12. The Wrestler`s Wrestler

The Wrestler`s Wrestler Occasional Pre-Show

First off all this is NOT a Cena thread, It is a FREE OR FIRED ANGLE WAS A TERRIBLE THREAD.

If it was Austin, Rock or Hogan it would STILL be a STUPID waste of time because there was NO point in the payoff, And that is another subject to do a thread on in itself. You see in an ANGLE you want the face to go through so much $h!t that when its time for the PAYOFF, That is when the face finally getting his BIG win over the heel, It is all worth the while. Or worth THE MONEY!

If Cena was fired untill the rumble or no way out, He could of spent that time trying to get back at Barrett (Without it being as EASY and nonsensical as it was) Finally you get to the match where if Cena wins he gets his job back and if Barrett loses he has to give up his leadership roll in nexus, Or even Nexus has to disband.

As has been said in this thread and by Cena HIMSELF, His firing hasn't been that bad on him. So WHY IN THE F would we care about the PAYOFF match, If the FACE HIMSELF HAS SAID that what he went through before he gets his hand on the heel wasnt all that bad. Gee that is going to make people reach into their pockets and pay $60 $70 for the PAY PER VIEW.

The pay per view match is WHERE you have Cena get his job back, Like in a ladder match for a raw contract for Cena. But NOOO Cena gets his job back on FREE tv and gets a chairs match with Barrett at the ppv.
    AGAIN FOR WHAT??? Not for his job, Because he has that back alreday, And not for the HARDSHIP he went through because he said himself " Hey! It weren't so bad." So what are people really paying their money for to see Cena and Barrett swinging chairs at each other for???

When you have a story like this you want the HEEL to look STRONG and confident so WHEN the FACE knocks him off his perch the FACE looks STRONG in the end. Barrett has been made to look WEAK in this feud with Cena running around doing whatever he pleases and dont forget "Being fired isn't that bad!" And Barrett's world is crashing down around him BEFORE we even get to the pay per view. So this angle is like you Slyfox 696 it is pretty much... Stupid.

13. CerebralViper96

CerebralViper96 Dark Match Winner

What I didnt like about the "Feast Or Fired" angle was when John Cena was fired,it wasnt believeble.Seriously,he would show up in regular entrance gear and when he step over the rail,no security guards came to stop him.At SummerSlam in 2009 when Brett DiBiase interfered in the Orton/Cena match,security was all over him.They grabbed,put his hands behind his back,and rushed him to the side of the entrance.And also,what was up with when Cena was still fired,and he AA'ed Wade Barret,they would still play his music:wtf: They could have made this a great angle but sadly,it was a huge dissapointment

14. Wade's Public Transit Bomb

Wade's Public Transit Bomb Championship Contender

Okay. The angle wasn't rocket science. Cena vowed to take out the Nexus and we all know his motto is "Never give up." Did you really expect John Cena to just take his shit and leave without getting to Wade Barrett first?

The WWE doesn't got for realism or shoot-y stuff, they go for entertainment. That is what separates the successful feds from the others. I promise ya that more WWE fans are happy to see that Cena didn't really go away than more complaining "Well, Cena didn't really get fired" or "Why is Cena still here?"

There have been many complaints about Nexus in general and I just want to know if people have actually watched any of it.

15. Slyfox696

Slyfox696 Excellence of Execution

Correct me if I'm wrong, but was not the whole concept of the Free or Fired Angle based around John Cena? Yeah, thought so. Score one for me.

No, it would NOT be a stupid waste of time, just like this one wasn't.

What the fuck was wasted? People tuned in every week to see what happened. It sold PPVs, and it sets up a match between Cena and Barrett. How the fuck is that a waste of time? Do you even understand the concept of promoting?

TLC 2010 says hi. What the fuck do you think is getting ready to happen?

Are you really this ignorant?

Wait...

Let me see if I have this right. You want to do the EXACT SAME FUCKING THING the WWE is currently doing, but instead of doing it in one month, you want them to take their biggest draw off television for 3 or 4 months during what is historically the worst time for ratings during the year, and stretch out that same story for months, and put everything else on pause?

That's fucking stupid. Thank God you don't work for the WWE, they'd be out of business inside of a year. You clearly have no business criticizing anyone's booking with that kind of ridiculous logic.

Cena said that to get under Barrett's skin, to psych Barrett out into getting Cena his job back.

Although, I can see where the subtlety of that would escape you.

That makes no sense. And you're criticizing WWE's booking?

You're saying that Cena should have a match to earn back his job? Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Cena was FIRED! You don't get to work a match when you're fired. Cena HAD to be re-hired on live TV, for two reasons. 1) You don't get to wrestle if you're not employed, and 2) You get to promote the shit out of the PPV.

You're terrible at this. Did you just start watching wrestling yesterday? Any answer other than "yes" should embarrass you.

Yes, because THAT doesn't make sense...not like wrestling a match when he's fired. You're full of logic buddy.

Like you said, to watch the face get his revenge against the guy who has been tormenting him for almost the entire year. Barrett cost Cena his title, orchestrated multiple beatdowns and fired Cena. Cena got his revenge on every other member of Nexus...why do people pay for TLC? To watch Cena finally get his revenge on the leader of Nexus, Wade Barrett.

Even children can understand that concept. Doesn't surprise me that you don't though.

The heel has looked strong nearly the entire year. All year long Barrett and Nexus has gotten the better of John Cena, except on just a couple of occasions. Now it's Cena's turn to knock the heel off of his perch, like you said.

:lmao::lmao:

That's the stupidest comment you've made yet. Before I shred you with it, feel free to rephrase it. Keep in mind, this feud has been going on for most of the year.

Exactly. It's just like in all the movies...first the superhero takes out the henchman, then he goes for the leader. It's classic American storytelling 101.

:lmao:

Coming from the person who doesn't think this thread is about Cena, wants the WWE to stretch a one month angle out over 4 months, who wants the WWE to take their biggest draw off the show and then have him wrestle in a match for the company he isn't employed by, and finally doesn't understand basic match promoting, this comment can only be described as laughable.

As I'm sure EVERYONE in this thread is now laughing at you. Your intelligence has been found wanting. I suggest you scamper for cover, because in a battle of our intelligences, you're bringing a plastic spoon to a gun fight.

16. jacdnwarrior

jacdnwarrior Championship Contender

The problem is no one really believed Cena would be fired. No one really bought that. He's your number one performer (like it or not) in terms of income, so the company will never take him off the show. The fact he was around every night, people knew that the gig was up and he'd be back eventually.

17. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Fucking slayed me.

Um yea, anyone who has anything to say bad about this angle is a fucking moron. Some of the best and most riveting WWE TV in a very long time, and a payoff battle that sells a PPV that is usually a "meh" B show. Brilliantly booked by the WWE, from the word go.

18. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

Well if they already "knew" he wasnt going to be fired based on all that shit you said that 98% of people dont actually think of or care about, then what does it matter if he showed up weekly?

19. LSN80

LSN80 King Of The Ring

This is rediculous really. This storyline was a massive success. Everyone complains that they wanted Cena out of the title picture, well, you got what you wanted. Instead of Cena being the one whose always on top, Cena is the one whose perceived as weak, or at the mercy of others. This brought a new dimension to his character, one that hadn't been seen before.

For those who suggested to "look back" to the Edge and Matt Hardy storyline of 2005, Matt Hardy was legitimately fired, folks. Cena wasn't. Matt Hardy was never a top draw, Cena is the face of the company. Why would you keep the face of the company off of TV for any length of time? It was already a risk keeping him out of the ring in terms of wrestling for over six weeks, but thats exactly what they did. The angle was a huge success for the fact that it brought a new dimension to Cena's character, it produced one of the promos of the year, and definitely the hottest angle of the year. How in any way can that be perceived as a failure?

20. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

I see and acknowledge that the feud was a draw. And it also helped spark some fire for Raw and it's talent. But I just can't get off my back that this could've been miles beyond better. I don't care about Cena being fired and then being backstage the next show. That was standard Steve Austin.

But the fact that following Barrett's victory over John Cena at Hell In The Cell, the potential really was endless. The first Raw following that, when Cena tried to fight back and did, only to be forced to obey and at the end of the night forfeit a title match really layed out a perfect format that would have any fan biting their nails hoping for Cena to finally snap and "fuck the world". But that never happened. In about a few weeks the only difference between pre-HIAC John Cena and post-HIAC John Cena was the fact that he had a mismatched wrist band on. WWE had the right idea for about a week and after that it was pretty much gone. Instead of Wade ordering John to do his bidding, particularly his "muggings" he was instead getting a glass of water, reluctantly siding with The Nexus to no true care of the fans as he would just screw them off, or just plain ol' fighting them as usual as if his loss meant nothing.

The fact that it drew remains, but the fact that so much more could've been done with it will remain and slander it.

21. WWEIsLife2

WWEIsLife2 Championship Contender

OK does anyone remember when Vince "Fired" Stone Cold Steve Austin at Judgment Day 1998? Anyone? Oh I do,what did Austin do? He showed up on RAW the next night and kidnapped Vince. Austin was then Re-hired a Week later by Shane Mcmahon to the 5-Yr Deal,any of this ringing a bell with anyone?

If they didn't take Stone Cold off RAW what makes anyone think John Cena was going to be taken off RAW after Survivor Series? Anyone with a Brain knows John Cena is the Face of the WWE right now wether anyone here likes it or not,DEAL WITH IT!

I for one have liked the Free or Fired Angle,its not made Wade Barrett or Nexus look weak at all IMO.

22. Tired0FthePeople

Tired0FthePeople Defender of the Universe

I hear you man I really do. I hear you loud and clear and understand perfectly. But this is what you have to understand....
    what you describe above....all this 'potential' the angle hand and all these fans who would have bee biting their nails waiting for cena to snap and say fuck the world....the problem is...no one wants to see that. No one but you, me and about say...14 others from on this site. There are about 25 wrestling fans in the world who wants to see this. OK im exaggerating the numbers...but the bottom line is that Vince didnt book it all the great ways you think he could have because only 1% of wrestlings fans would have been pleased.

Listen to all those pops cena got. You think the wwe universe thinks about this stuff the way you or I do? I get that you probably understand all this but that means that you should understand why they booked it the way they did. Hell...not even a good portion of the IWC would have liked it to be booked the way you and others described lol...so they booked the angle to please the 99% that they pleased. I think the angle sucked ass...but thats just me. WWE will never be booked to the satisfaction of the IWC.

23. JDX

JDX World W Entertainment

Wow, first post and I’m pissed. Slyfox69…6, first off maybe you should try to get beyond the freshman year bull of 101 and join the grownups. Norcal, I at least expected a little bit of reason from you. And to any other Cena fan boys here let me break it down nice and slow for you in no particular order.
    1. How was this angle a success? With the exception of the Nexus debuting, Raw rating has basically stayed around the same level its always been at: a 3 rating. The PPVs buys were all down from last year quite significantly and since none of us know the merch sales I’m going to take a leap and guess that if PPVs and TV ratings were lower or the same that merch was lower or the same as well. But you guys would probably blame the economy or UFC for that one, right?
    2. To Slyfox and WWEIsLIFE2, good job on the stone cold references… if it wasn’t for the fact that in possibly thousands of posts the attitude and pg eras are completely different! Sure, it might be said that they are apples and oranges but you two would say hey they’re both fruits. Yeah, like Anderson’s an asshole and so are you guys… except he’s a badass asshole and you well not so much. But for debate’s sake (which is not about being right, it’s about winning and that’s all everyone wants now to win, right left the table a long time ago) let’s say attitude and pg are the same. Stone cold fought the ministry and on three separate occasions got his ass handed to him. 1) crucified on the UT’s symbol, 2) the funeral parlor where he was saved by Kane and RAN AWAY because he was weak and drugged, and 3) when he saw the higher power and looked like he’d seen a ghost. Did Cena ever have any of these things done to him or something even pg equivalent? No, he got beat down hard once. But let’s move onto the groups themselves. The ministry never went looking for a fight or beat down; people came to them and knocked the fuck out for it. They also built to a peak then fell. Nexus, however, started at its peak. Every time they outnumbered a guy or smaller group, they’d run whenever the numbers evened out or outnumbered them (of course this is way past the time when the E made stables truly strong). They had no real victories to speak of and the victories they did get blew up in their face but not in grandiose fashion but dusty finishes and interferences.
    3. To anyone who thought Cena should have missed Raw a couple times or months, not going to happen but one Raw would’ve been enough to drive the point home. But this only leads me to conclude that Cena has gone beyond the superman gimmick and evolved into… the Road Runner/Steven Seagal gimmick! And this is even worse because both of those things mean Cena is never even worried about losing. He just zooms past any opponent and fucks up their plans or simply snaps their neck without any thought or effort. Nexus is no threat because they have been reduced to mere annoyances akin to mosquitoes, easily smashed under a five knuckle shuffle. Oh, and as to the length, it started in June. It’s now December. It’ll end at mania in April. That’s 10 months boys and girls. Long and crappy enough for everyone?
    4. Finally, to all my opponents who would make the cheap counter of why do we all watch it? Answer: why wouldn’t they? It’s the only pro game in town. How many kids know about TNA or anyone on it except Hardy? Otherwise it would have gained serious ratings and the painted face man would be his lovable babyface self again. Bottom line is the WWE really doesn’t care anymore. They are making oodles of money with stuff they put out with only a slight downward shift that will recover after football is over. Vince is living the American Dream: basically doing crap or nothing and getting richer off it. All the hard work of the Monday night wars is over good times are here to stay… until profits drop low enough to get his attention.

As for me, I stopped watching Raw two weeks after Nexus came. All my info came for recaps, I bought Night of Champions because I knew Punk was going to do something in Chi-Town (born and raised) and I bought Survivor series because 1) I got the game and knew TLC was crap no matter who was in it and 2) it might be the last one ever. I only recently started watching Raw again because Punk got traded. Now I turn on my cable box and surround sound, leave the screen off and listen to the commentary. It’s a lot better that way, believe me.

24. daveamania

daveamania Dark Match Jobber

The free or fired angle was just classic wrestling storytelling. The only thing I wish WWE would’ve done was not to bring Cena’s face back on TV so soon. His first attack after getting “fired” on McGillicutty (the one where they didn’t show his face on camera) was great. The so called “unknown attacker” doing the Cena’s trademark “you can’t see me” hand wave to the camera was entertaining . They should’ve kept those guerrilla attacks going on for a few more weeks without showing Cena’s face.

25. Y-2-Jay

Y-2-Jay Pre-Show Stalwart

One thing i really disagree with is the part i bolded i don't agree with it for one reason its major stereotyping. You are saying all the people who are bashing this storyline are Stone Cold/Attitude era fans. You are probally right that most of those are fans of Austin but you can't say that "If it was Austin you all would love it" because some of those people might hate the Austin character and the Attitude Era.

But i do agree with what you said here everyone has done it heels and faces i remember back in HHH's 02-05 time on RAW he was leaving RAW for good only to beat the shit out of the face at the end of the night and you also had Booker T (A fired WCW guy) helping Y2J win the undisputed title and like you said Austin did it lots of times. There is a few examples showing its nothing new and will happen again.