Fourtune/Immortals Swerve brewing?

FightOwensFight

Formerly Global Conquest
Last night on Impact, EB was having his open challenge to Anderson charade and was attacked and pinned by Matt Morgan. Somehow, with a contract for Anderson (though I suppose the "open contract" part could be explained as it wasn't tied to one person, but seeing as it was directed specifically at Anderson that wouldn't make sense) Morgan signs it and fully expects a title shot. Then, Flair comes down to check on EB only to make the match official for Turning Point (which definately suprised EB).

What is the point, within the storyline, of rewarding Morgan with a title shot immediately after turing on Fourtune and the Immortals, especially with EB referring to him as persona non grata?

Couple that with the discord within Fourtune, that at least to my recollection, sprung up from nowhere, and you have a lot of activity centered around Fourtune.

Anyone else come to the same conclusion? Am I reading to much into this? Thoughts on where this could end up?

Although I like the idea it is WAY too quick. I mean this group just formed as the power brokers they cant split that fast. Now on the other hand perhaps I could see Flair joining Morgan and Anderson and someone else(maybe Doug Williams) saying how he despises Hogan and Bischoff and Jarret and he only joined to buy time and now the real group is here but I think even that might be too soon. Anderson's injury has pushed

Well of course a swerve is coming, just not yet. This is way too soon. The damn group just formed. The only reason for the Matt Morgan turn is because of the unexpected injury to Anderson. Yes, TNA does change stories and people too often, but this would be insanely quick for them to change something so drastic already. They need to give this time to settle first. There has to be some major heel dominance for a little bit before the power struggles begin so they can set up the uprising. And frankly, I think this whole Douglas Williams possible face turn brewing is starting way too soon too. Hopefully it either lasts a long time or doesn't come to fruition.

They kinda pissed me off even hinting at a swerve, right now it should be TOTAL DOMINATION OF TNA FOR ATLEAST 6 MONTHS. I truly hope the Morgan turn was simply because of the Anderson injury and I hope they go on for a few months of absolute MEM+ level of domination.

As much as it Pains me to say the Swerve will be Morgan laying down for Hardy at the ppv and the last 2 weeks being a setup to keep Anderson from having a chance of taking Hardy's title away from Immortal

Nah, it was just Flair being obnoxious and basically implying in a heelish way that Hardy vs Morgan will be some sort of a punishment for Matt, because he is facing Hardy, who is considered a force to be reckoned with [ by Immortal at least ]. Don't think there's a swerve coming, at least not for now. TNA kind of messed with people's minds so much that they made us all paranoid about what's about to happen and who's turning on who and when, and having NO idea what's going to happen. Pretty smart.

Its too early for Fourtune to turn on Immortal. It will happen at some point though. It will possibly happen when Immortaal is holding all the titles and fortune realise that Immortal have used them merely as stepping stones and have not kept up their end of the bargain. Fourtune will probably be faces against Immortal but as the case is with TNA you never know.

As of now its too early to even suggest something of that sort. Its not happening at least for the next 6 months. Fortune will continue to dominate TNA along with Immortals for the time being.

i think that the original idea was always to have only 4 members of fourtune, theres an upcoming poster for a TNA P-P-V with just beermoney a.j. and kaz w/ flair in the middle, so i think that morgan is just hardy's first victim as a monster heel... plus anderson is legit hurt so they needed someone to fill in, so taking morgan out of fortune was a quick fix... no swerve coming out of this i think

There won't be a swerve. I believe Hogan hasn't been on TV for 3 weeks now. He will be the one to run down and cost Morgan the title shot. It doesn't make any sense for Morgan to still be in the group. He just got lynched with a chain from the ring.

I do believe there is a swerve on the horizon. Unfortunately, it does appear to be coming sooner than expected. I believe the first steps were taken last night on iMPACT!, what with the Blueprint on his way to a face turn and Fortune beginning to have some dissention with Doug Williams.

Someone on here mentioned that the big swerve would hit when Immortal had all the belts. The biggest problem with the Immortal group is that there is technical only two active wrestlers in the batch. It's not so much an equal stable as it is two dudes with three managers. Unless Jeff Hardy got all the belts himself, I really don't see this happening.

This Immortal/Fortune alliance throws into question one serious problem with TNA: much like the WWE, there are too many heels and almost no faces. As much as I'd hate to see the swerve happen so soon, it kind of has to. Otherwise it will become an all-heel show and that simply won't work. I hate how much TNA is becoming like wCw.

As much as it Pains me to say the Swerve will be Morgan laying down for Hardy at the ppv and the last 2 weeks being a setup to keep Anderson from having a chance of taking Hardy's title away from Immortal
NAH, can't see a swerve coming. My thought is that TNA turned Morgan because of the injury to Anderson. My thinking is Morgan will lose (he may get cheated) and Hardy wins, it also wouldnt surprise me if Matt Hardy makes a debut as soon as he can debut with TNA and likely join his brother. Anyway, i dont see a swerve coming for a while.

I believe this is what we can expect at Turning Point:

Morgan will give Hardy a fight, but Fortune will screw Morgan out of the title. It seems to easy to begin with, but the fact of the matter is this; Morgan is just a 2 week fill in. If it turns out that they are trying to keep Anderson away from the belt, I think what TNA will be looking at is a company with 2 huge heel Authority Figures and no face figures. How will anyone win in that situation? So, SOMEONE needs to come in and try and be the face figure for the face talents in TNA. I see this as Sting and/or Kevin Nash.

So in the end, Morgan is face, Hardy is Champion and Heel (of course), and Sting/Kevin Nash lead Anderson, Morgan, Pope, Joe, and others against Immortal and Fortune.

After last night I still think something is going on and it looks like it is happening too fast. Once again, Flair and Fourtune help Matt Morgan get a title shot. This is now two weeks in a row where this has happened. I really don't think it is a coincidence. Now, I do agree with most that this is way too soon, but it still looks to be on the horizon. Either that, or they are going to tease it for WAY too long.

I've been thinking this for awhile now and tonight almost confirms it in my head. Hogan and Flair as allies,ehhhh, doesn't really work. Immortal needs a opposition. All this stuff with Matt Morgan and now we get Morgan vs Hardy for the title with Fourtune's leader as special referee? Hmmmmm. Just one man's opinion.

What TNA are putting a special ref match at the PPV? Are you kidding me! I'm a big fan of TNA and havnt seen tonights ep yet(I'll watch it tomorrow) but aint WWE doing the same match with Cena as ref? TNA needs to get there own ideas...

What TNA are putting a special ref match at the PPV? Are you kidding me! I'm a big fan of TNA and havnt seen tonights ep yet(I'll watch it tomorrow) but aint WWE doing the same match with Cena as ref? TNA needs to get there own ideas...

No you're right, they're deffinitely ripping WWE like that. Did you know that they also have MEN that wrestle in a RING? Males! With ding dongs! And their ring is four sided! Be creative TNA, psh.

Your ignorance is borderline pathetic. No wait, it is pathetic.

----

No, Fourtune is not swerving Immortal. At least not now, I doubt it will ever happen. If Fourtune swerves Immortal that means they'll turn face. TNA is already prepping a TNA group to opose them. So with Fourtune face, you've got four guys, then you've got Pope, Joe, Angle, Anderson, Doug Williams and Matt Morgan. That's six guys. Fourtune + faces = 10 guys. 10 guys will go against Hardy and Jarrett? Use some logic people, god damn.

No, Fourtune is not swerving Immortal. At least not now, I doubt it will ever happen. If Fourtune swerves Immortal that means they'll turn face. TNA is already prepping a TNA group to opose them. So with Fourtune face, you've got four guys, then you've got Pope, Joe, Angle, Anderson, Doug Williams and Matt Morgan. That's six guys. Fourtune + faces = 10 guys. 10 guys will go against Hardy and Jarrett? Use some logic people, god damn.

Nail on the head here. The only reason why Flair's boys will ever go against Hogan and Bischoff will be if Vince Russo pulls another piece of turd from his booking past: Millionaire Club vs the New Bloods. It was WCW's last ditch effort to make new stars while at the same time, slowly proving why Russo was a terrible booker. Now fast forward to today and we see old guys in TNA as well as the young guns like Styles and Kazarian. I just pray to God (and no, not Flair) that Russo takes his head out of his ass long enough to book something semi-decent.

Matt Morgan is not apart of Fortune no more and because he beat Ric Flair tonight he gets to choose his own special guest referee which we all know is gonna be RVD. But their is a great chance Fortune burns Immortal. Flair calls himself a ''wrestling god'' so he may feel that he should take over the company so I see in the future Fortune betray Immortal for personal control and power over TNA...knowing Russo it may actually happen.

If they do, and it's a strong IF, it'll be Immortal v Fortune v Dixie's Boys. Russo would have no problem thinking this would be a good idea, throwing a cyclone of clusterfuckness into 2 hours with more swerves than a drunk driver. Im faithful to TNA, DVR faithful, but nonetheless faithful, so Im not hatin. I dont however see the Immortal n Fortune splitting up until Beer Money goes to Immortal n Kaz n AJ go to TNA with Flair n Dixie taking back the company

We are talking about Flair, the dirtiest player in the game. Of course the time will come when Fortune will make a run on Immortal to seize power, though I think the time is a long way off. First Fortune has to run EV2 out of town, which has already begun. There is still fallout from BFG and a lot of twist and turns that will be necessary to set up this storyline. Flair won't be satisfied until he is running the company. He is working Hogan, keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer. What I foresee happening is Sting and Nash coming back to gain revenge on Immortal, who are the source of "deception". Who better to help them than Flair & Fortune? Sting & Nash should be able to easily convince some of the other faces to join them. The price of Sting & Nash's revenge is Flair running the company, a price they are willing to pay.

Ric-Flair.jpg

Matt Morgan is not apart of Fortune no more and because he beat Ric Flair tonight he gets to choose his own special guest referee which we all know is gonna be RVD. But their is a great chance Fortune burns Immortal. Flair calls himself a ''wrestling god'' so he may feel that he should take over the company so I see in the future Fortune betray Immortal for personal control and power over TNA...knowing Russo it may actually happen.
I don't think RVD is gonna be the special ref because he is in a feud with Rhyno and Dreamer. I think Williams is gonna be the special ref and then swerve Morgan and realign with Fortune.

Fortune may swerve Immortal but not for awhile anyways. Right Now the "active wrestlers" in Immortal are Hardy, Abyss, Jarrett, AJ, Kaz, Rhoode, and Storm. Which makes a total of 7 (BTW They should totally call them "The Immortal Seven"). So you have them, then there's the opposition of Anderson, Pope, Joe, Morgan, Williams, and let's say MCMGs join in. So now you have a 7 on 7 fued going on which could last for a few months. By that time Matt Hardy and Shane Helms are probably going to be coming into TNA so they should join Immortal along with Shannon Moore. At this point, Fourtune should turn on Immortal (Turning fourtune face). So let's say this sets up a couple matches with (Fourtune) AJ, Kaz and Beer Money vs (Omega) Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Helms and Moore. Abyys and Jarrett can have their own fueds with people like Pope, Joe, Morgan, Anderson, etc.

No you're right, they're deffinitely ripping WWE like that. Did you know that they also have MEN that wrestle in a RING? Males! With ding dongs! And their ring is four sided! Be creative TNA, psh.

Your ignorance is borderline pathetic. No wait, it is pathetic.

You're going to call someone else ignorant? That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. What's really "pathetic" is that this guy makes a valid point about TNA possibly following suit with the guest ref thing, and you bash him for being ignorant. You're probably the blindest mark on this forum, and you call someone else pathetic for drawing a completely logical conclusion? Pot calling the kettle black??

I'm not totally convinced TNA is using a guest ref to copy the WWE, but when the facts stack up, it's really not as far-fetched as you make it sound.

Yes people, use some logic like Zevon here (??). Actually, if you want to be more like him, make gigantic assumptions, as if you have already seen what is going to happen. The truth is, you have no clue if this is possible or not. Do I think it's possible? I don't know, TNA is rather erratic in their booking, so it's hard to say. But no matter what Zevon tells you, nothing is impossible, he's not Miss Cleo.

Hogan and Bischoff love their "Power Stables." They think this will draw money, having the biggest names together in one group. I doubt that will be the case, but you never know. Fourtune has been diminished by joining Immortal. The actual wrestlers in the group (Styles, Beer Money and Kaz) are not involved in any kind of feud right now, instead playing backup for Hardy, Hogan and company.

I hope Fourtune leaves Immortal soon, because I believe they are much better than playing Hogan's "henchmen." But only time will tell what's in store for Fourtune and Immortal.

I'm not totally convinced TNA is using a guest ref to copy the WWE, but when the facts stack up, it's really not as far-fetched as you make it sound.

What facts? Special Refs in pro wrestling has been done for YEARS. What is TNA's benefit in doing it? Use your god damn brain.

"Oh! Hey Dixie! We should have a special referee at our match too! People will buy the PPV then."

To think that TNA is copying WWE by having a special ref at their PPV is as stupid as thinking that Jeff Hardy's custom belt will be the World Championship from this point on, officially, for every champion in the future.

Seriously, this forum is full of complete morons and you my friend are one of them.

Yes people, use some logic like Zevon here (??). Actually, if you want to be more like him, make gigantic assumptions, as if you have already seen what is going to happen. The truth is, you have no clue if this is possible or not. Do I think it's possible? I don't know, TNA is rather erratic in their booking, so it's hard to say. But no matter what Zevon tells you, nothing is impossible, he's not Miss Cleo.

I'm not making assumptions, those are the facts.

Fourtune - 4 active wrestlers.

Immortal - 3 Active Wrestler.

Oppositition - 6 Active Wrestlers

As it is right now, it's 7 on 6, which leaves one open spot for a face to join the opposition. It's perfect. Now let's see what will happen if Fourtune turns on Immortal, making them faces. First of all, that is absolutely stupid because if Fourtune turns on Immortal in order to stay the top heel faction in the company, then THAT means that Bischoff, Hogan, Hardy, Abyss and Double J will have to align with the faces. It makes absolutely no sense. Will Bischoff just sign the company back to Dixie? Are we supposed to magically forget what Immortal did over the last year? It will not happen.

Immortal Goes Face/Fourtune Stays Heel - 9 Active Wrestlers[faces] versus Four Active Wrestlers[heels] and a big clusterfuck of a storyline.

Now there's option number two. Fourtune turns on Immortal, making them faces. They're sick of being their slackers -- it makes sense. However.

Fourtune Goes Face/Immortal stays Heel - The Opposition becomes 10 people. 10 people that will fight against three heels. To think that THIS will happen is ludicrious. The only way for that to work is if somehow all the heels in TNA join Immortal, and guess what, with Fourtune face, the only heels left are Robbie E., GenerationMe and Orlando Jordan. Four people. That's still less than 10.

So to sum it all up -- it will not happen. Forget about it. In one case it makes no sense storyline wise. Don't give me that "Russo does things like that" bullshit. Russo has his moments but he's not an idiot. In the other case the heels are outnumbered.

I'm not making assumptions, the facts speak for themselves. Do with them what you will.

Zion, the assumption you are making (and it is a flawed one at best) is that anyone opposed to Immortal would have to align with the faces. You show the numbers as being 4 in Fourtune, 3 Immortal, and 6 Opposition. Like Nickb03 pointed out, is it really that much of a stretch to envision Fourtune going it on their own, against both the faces and Immortal? Now it is 4 on 3 on 6, much more even. Also leaves it open to have one of the "faces" be swayed to the "dark side" and join immortal (maybe even Williams) and then you have 4 on 4 on 5.

Finally, you talk about facts yet ignore the fact that three weeks in a row Morgan has been involved with matches either with members of Fourtune or involving them in some way and in each case if he had lost his title shot would be gone. YET, each time he was able to get by as a DIRECT RESULT of something Fourtune did. THOSE are the facts.

Bottom line, Fourtune do not need to be faces to go against Immortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back