They Are Pushing Anderson Hard

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
I don't know if I'm the only one to think of it, but on Impact this week, Mr. Anderson looked nearly unstoppable the whole show. He shows up calling out Jeff Hardy with a broken arm and is placed in an Ultimate X match against Kazarian. He shows no signs of backing off. Not a big deal, really but before the match, we had Fourtune ambush him and basically hand the match over to Kaz. But Anderson still fought back and had a tremendous showing and nearly won. Of course Fourtune interfered again costing Anderson the match due to yet another beatdown. However that didn't put him down yet. He came back with a led pipe and fought off Fourtune. It wasn't until Jeff Hardy came out and attacked Anderson with a chair and a ladder that Anderson was finally taken out.

We know he's not being taken off camera as him surviving earned him a title shot against Hardy. Even though it's obvious he'll never fight Hardy 100% and that being the idea of the story the fact the man still stood after all that and will probably do it again next week really shows just how far TNA want's the guy to go. It seems Mr. Anderson may be one to take The Immortals down at some point. Any thoughts on Anderson's showing on Impact this week?

He's being pushed through the roof, and rightfully so — there's few on the roster with as much total package potential as Anderson, and he's been built for months to be in this position.

Is it any wonder anyway that this push comes a few weeks after it was announced he signed a long-term deal with the company? Call it what you want — I call it loyalty rewarded.

At this time, I'd say that Anderson will ultimately be the #1 contender for the title and will face Hardy at the next TNA ppv. Given the situation with RVD, Sabu & EV2.0 right now, I'd assume that RVD will be out of the title picture for a bit until that situation has resolved itself.

Eventually, I look for it to ultimately be a 3way feud between Hardy, Anderson & RVD for the title and will probably begin after the next ppv.

I'm impressed with Anderson. He looked incredibly strong on Impact even in defeat. I would assume that he'll be named as the #1 contender given the fact that he was supposed to "survive" the match as opposed to win it. Seeing as RVD is seeminly being put in a program with Sabu, he'll be out of the title picture for now. As for Anderson, I think if he doesn't win the world by the end of 2010 then 2011 will indeed be his year.

If you remember Lex Luger was a Star in WCW and WWE but it took the NWO to make Luger into a Superstar when he was feuding with Hogan over the World Heavyweight Championship. The NWO would beat Luger like a dog and Luger would always come back and have a chance at victory, even winning the championship one Monday Night. TNA needs to build huge stars and this is how to do it. Anderson has always been a star, but this could make him like the NWO did Lex.

That being while Anderson goes after Immortal I hope they send another non-superstar like Joe, Pope, Jay Lethal, or the soon returning Desmond Wolfe.

Creating Superstars is the key and TNA has a shortage. Create a few of your own legends so that you can have epic feuds.

He's being pushed through the roof, and rightfully so — there's few on the roster with as much total package potential as Anderson, and he's been built for months to be in this position.

Is it any wonder anyway that this push comes a few weeks after it was announced he signed a long-term deal with the company? Call it what you want — I call it loyalty rewarded.
Exactly.

I'd say Anderson is the most charismatic talent they have in the ring. He deserves the push.

If memory serves, he was getting ready for a push in the WWE before being forced out, quit, or what ever happened.

When I first began watching TNA a few months back, Anderson (along with the tag team action) is what kept me coming back.

So I'm glad to see him getting a push.

I read a post awhile back where someone suggested anderson would be pushed like scsa. It certainly appeared that way after Impact, and given Andersons gimmick and crowd reaction I'd say its warrented.Although i think Jeff should be champion for at least 3 months a program with him and Anderson would be great. Since the Pope has openly opposed Fortune/Immortal I hope they further the pope/Aj meeting from Impact. This could solidify all four guys.

To be honest i dont think he's all that great, a good talent but in my eyes not a superstar, it will take about a year to get there but not right now. but he is a hard worker

I don't know if I'm the only one to think of it, but on Impact this week, Mr. Anderson looked nearly unstoppable the whole show. He shows up calling out Jeff Hardy with a broken arm and is placed in an Ultimate X match against Kazarian. He shows no signs of backing off. Not a big deal, really but before the match, we had Fourtune ambush him and basically hand the match over to Kaz. But Anderson still fought back and had a tremendous showing and nearly won. Of course Fourtune interfered again costing Anderson the match due to yet another beatdown. However that didn't put him down yet. He came back with a led pipe and fought off Fourtune. It wasn't until Jeff Hardy came out and attacked Anderson with a chair and a ladder that Anderson was finally taken out.

We know he's not being taken off camera as him surviving earned him a title shot against Hardy. Even though it's obvious he'll never fight Hardy 100% and that being the idea of the story the fact the man still stood after all that and will probably do it again next week really shows just how far TNA want's the guy to go. It seems Mr. Anderson may be one to take The Immortals down at some point. Any thoughts on Anderson's showing on Impact this week?

Don't get me wrong. I like "Ken Anderson". But this is just another Sting v. NWO storyline. I can't help but keep seeing this as nothing more than Bischoff and Hogan trying desperately to remain relevant in a business that has passed them by.

I am Really Happy that Anderson is getting a Major Push and it's no coincidence that he is receiving it after signing a contract extension for Two Years. Anderson is a fantastic talent and one of the More Enjoyable things right Now in TNA.

It was a great match and i enjoyed watching it as anderson is one of my favorite wrestlers. I just don't know why people are saying he is finally getting a push when WWE pushed him as well before he got injured again and then released just sayin he would be in a similar situation had he still been in the WWE, in my opinion anyway

Mr. Anderson....Anderson is on his way to proving himself as being an unstopable force. As much as he has been ambushed and screwed over the last few weeks, he stll looks strong even though he has been squashed several times. He now has a nice chunk out of his head compliments of Hardy's blotched chair shot which kept him from making a couple of house shows. He will probably be good to go by the next tapings. Hes getting his push the hard way, but I can see him being the next HWC. I'm sure he has some legit heat with Hardy that will show in their matches. A lot of good feuds got started at BFG, and the Hardy/Anderson feud should be one of the best.

Ric-Flair.jpg

Mr. Anderson....Anderson is on his way to proving himself as being an unstopable force. As much as he has been ambushed and screwed over the last few weeks, he stll looks strong even though he has been squashed several times. He now has a nice chunk out of his head compliments of Hardy's blotched chair shot which kept him from making a couple of house shows. He will probably be good to go by the next tapings. Hes getting his push the hard way, but I can see him being the next HWC. I'm sure he has some legit heat with Hardy that will show in their matches. A lot of good feuds got started at BFG, and the Hardy/Anderson feud should be one of the best.

Ric-Flair.jpg

It is interesting that he essentially got cut from WWE "allegedly" because Orton and others felt like he was careless in the ring. Yet, he claimed it was favoritism toward Orton and Cena that got him the boot. Here we have Jeff Hardy, who is allegedly the one that WWE let get away (who is essentially an addict and a pusher) botching that chair shot and cracking Andersons nugget and I'm sure some will say that somehow it's Anderson's fault!

I'd like to see Anderson get this push to the title, but I suspect that we're in for some more of the same old, same old NWO redo.

Don't get me wrong. I like "Ken Anderson". But this is just another Sting v. NWO storyline. I can't help but keep seeing this as nothing more than Bischoff and Hogan trying desperately to remain relevant in a business that has passed them by.
Well it's not like Sting failed or anything. He was a huge deal regardless. But I seriously doubt it will go down the same exact road. For one, Anderson has been pushed hard long before The Immortals formed and with Hulk forced off TV, it really is doubtful he's becoming food for them. Hulk may be quite the ego-maniac, but he can't possibly be such an idiot to make the same mistake twice.

Anderson has been pushed hard the moment he entered TNA. And that is one of the reasons I believe his push has worked. I believe had he started out in the midcard he would have been lost in the shuffle. It does seem especially after thursday night's show that he is ultimately going to be the one to save TNA from immortal. But Vince Russo is not expected to book the easy way. He can fuck up even the simplest storyline.

But at least Anderson is charismatic. I do have some doubts over his wrestling ability but let us see how everything pans out.

i was wondering if that cut was hardway or not. it sure looked nasty. i will admit i didnt care for anderson in wwe, but with that said he has really impressed me. i think he could be made into the face of the company if they dont screw it up. he sure has been beat up lately and just keeps coming.

Well it's not like Sting failed or anything. He was a huge deal regardless. But I seriously doubt it will go down the same exact road. For one, Anderson has been pushed hard long before The Immortals formed and with Hulk forced off TV, it really is doubtful he's becoming food for them. Hulk may be quite the ego-maniac, but he can't possibly be such an idiot to make the same mistake twice.

Sure he can. Look at his personal life. His Wife leaves him, daughter following in his footsteps, son a tragic figure. He wore out his welcome in WWE (or was just used up and Vince saw that), goes to WCW where he and Bischoff run that company into the ground.

Look at the end of the day this is about getting tv ratings. If they don't, they will go away. Networks need ratings. If they happen to be a big fish in a small pond, i.e. they get better ratings on their network than other programming, then the best they can ever hope for is just that. To remain a big fish in a small pond.

I personally would love to see them succeed on the level of the old "Monday Night" wars as that's good for business and good for the fans. But I just don't see that they have the infrastructure needed to do so.

While I'm sure people look short-sightedly at the "they" storyline and the takeover storyline and think it's great stuff, it's not going to be enough to sustain them. At some point, the storyline has to end and new ones must be written. What then? What do they do when Nash, Sting, Hogan, Bischoff, the members of EV2, Team 3D, and others hang it up for good? What will they be left with? Pretty much what they started with. Lots of talented guys that most of the wrestling public doesn't know much about. Again, I like guys like Styles, Eric Young, MCMG, Beer Money, et al. But do you really believe that nucleus is enough to compete with WWE? Really?

I hate to sound like a cynic but wasn't The Pope pushed almost exactly as hard and nothing came of it? Think back to the 8 card stud tournament. Pope won 2 matches in one night, then was attacked by none other than Mr. Anderson backstage. He limped out and still beat Anderson in the finals. He then went on to lose to Styles pretty easily at the following ppv and dropped back down the card. I see the same thing happening to Anderson. He'll lose to Jeff come Turning Point and then it'll probably be RVD's turn.

Now I've honestly stopped the TNA bashing since lately I've been enjoying it more than WWE but this seems to be their way of doing things. Whenever challenger A is challenging for championship X (not the X-division championship, just any title) at ppv BFD, he is made to look extra powerful in the weeks leading up to the show. Yet after losing, he is inexplicably taken off television for a while. Naming specific people would practically be pointless since I'm sure it's already happened to the entire roster by now. This is just their way of doing things. :shrug:

I hate to sound like a cynic but wasn't The Pope pushed almost exactly as hard and nothing came of it? Think back to the 8 card stud tournament. Pope won 2 matches in one night, then was attacked none other than Mr. Anderson backstage. He limped out and still beat Anderson in the finals. He then went on to lose to Styles pretty easily at the following ppv and dropped back down the card. I see the same thing happening to Anderson. He'll lose to Jeff come Turning Point and then it'll probably be RVD's turn.

Well... Anderson is more popular and charismatic than Pope, and seems to be way over with the fans. They tried to do the same with Pope, but Pope didn't get the reaction they expected or needed. Anderson did and still does.

BTW. I think the Pope has good mic skills but he is not great in the ring. In fact, Pope looks like a sissy when he is wrestling. Anderson, on the other hand, is an a**hole and sell his skills better - inside and outside the ring.

Anderson will be WHC pretty soon... maybe not now bow because of Hardy, but I see TNA making him the champ in 2011.

i was wondering if that cut was hardway or not. it sure looked nasty. i will admit i didnt care for anderson in wwe, but with that said he has really impressed me. i think he could be made into the face of the company if they dont screw it up. he sure has been beat up lately and just keeps coming.

It was definately hard way, its a huge gash the could never be done with a blade. While Anderson was still on the mat they zoomed in on his head, and as Angle would say, "its real.....damn real".

Ric-Flair.jpg

I just tried to post a long thoughtfull post detailling every one of my thought and I lost it on the post button so this one will be shorter.

Expect ME faces to be pushed hard (well to look strong not to win) in TNA for the next few months because they will mostly win 0 matches in that period. If it's like nWo the heel will make run in or you will see rigged and/or handicap matches a lot.

But in the end I like this way of pushing a face it's fresh. In WWE the face lose all match long and comeback with 5 moves (not just Cena many faces did it before and will do it after him).

In a nWo/TNA/wCw scenario the face are made to look strong and the heel are made to look weak and cheap which make them easier to dislike compared to a monster heel like Sheamus. A dirty heel is better for heat and a strong face is better to cheer for and that's exactly what TNA was in need of before they had no real heel. Even if you like some of the wrestler if it's anything like the nWo you will be sick to see him win and will pay to see the face win not pay to see the heel finally win vs a super hero.

This push is definitely well-deserved.

Since coming to TNA, Anderson has cut some tremendous promos, become extremely over with the audience, and put on the (so far) Match of the Year against Kurt Angle at Lockdown.

That said, I do think Jeff Hardy should remain champion for quite some time. I really, really dig this new Jeff Hardy character, and I think there's a lot of potential for it. However, at the same time, Anderson should be his #1 foe for quite a while, no doubt about it. I love Rob Van Dam, but they need to put him aside for now and try and make Hardy vs. Anderson TNA's version of The Rock vs. Austin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back