Flair Region, Lexington Subregion,First Round: (9)Bruno Sammartino vs.(24)Jack Brisco

Who Wins This Match?

• Bruno Sammartino

• Jack Brisco

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
This is a first round match in the Flair Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.

Rupp_Arena_26033.jpg

2myul5j.jpg

#9. Bruno Sammartino

Vs.

brisco_jack.jpg

#24. Jack Brisco

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted

A shame that this has to be a first round match. Jack Brisco was a fantastic NWA champion. He defended and defeated all comers, he possessed a captivating personality, and brought credibility to the title with his legitimacy as a shooter. Brisco was a must see performer and a truly one of a kind athlete. I have nothing but praise for Brisco and would go into greater detail, but unfortunately he's outclassed here.

Bruno had every bit the charisma and natural talent that Brisco possessed, but he was a much bigger drawing card and had far better overall appeal. The NWA wanted Bruno to be their world champion in the 60's, but he refused as he wouldn't be paid much more and his schedule would afford him no time off.

Basically anything Brisco did as a competitor and as a champion Bruno did a little bit better. It's a tough decision but I will go with Bruno.

I usually hate agreeing with Ech when it comes to the tournament, but he's right here. Brisco was a hell of a champion, and it's a shame he got such a shitty draw, but the honest truth is that anything he did, Bruno did, and Bruno did it on a grander scale. The voting may not even be that close on this one, but it's a dream match for black and white TVs.

I hate agreeing with NSL on his agreement with Ech, but those guys are right. Brisco was a fine champion in the NWA days, as well as in Japan, but Bruno was a big star for multiple decades. He spent more time as champion than most guys do at a job. That alone deserves big merit.

Brisco was great in his time, but Bruno was greater. Bruno had more longevity and accomplished more, and while an amazing match it would be between this pair, Sammartino would take this one. Sucks Jack has to go so early.

Can't vote against Bruno in this one. I like others, recognize Jack Brisco as a great NWA champion but he just can't match the starpower of Bruno. We're talking a man who held the WWWF title for 12 years combined. It's gonna take more than a Brisco to knock Sammartino out of this tournament.

Brisco was a solid NWA star and held the belt, but Sammartino was able to take a former NWA territory and put it in a position that it could ruin all the others. Sammartino was a much more charismatic individual and rightly is held in higher esteem. Brisco should probably have gone deeper, but c'est la vie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back