Flair Region, Lexington Subregion, First Round: (1) Ric Flair vs. (32) Cody Rhodes

Who Wins This Match?

• Ric Flair

• Cody Rhodes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
This is a first round match in the Flair Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.

Rupp_Arena_26033.jpg

RicFlair010.jpg

#1. Ric Flair

Vs.

813243_1331973380761_320_392.png

#32. Cody Rhodes

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted

Ric Flair is arguably the greatest of all time. Much as I love Cody Rhodes, he is far from the greatest. I admire him for turning all his shitty gimmicks into something entertaining, but come on. It's the Nature Boy (not Buddy Rogers) we're talking about here. The 16-time world champion, the stylin', profilin', limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin' n' dealin' son of a gun, Woo!
I expect good things from Cody in the future, but the obvious vote is Flair.

Ric Flair is a 16 time world champion. He's one of the greatest wrestlers of all time and is in the top 2 or 3 on the mic. Cody Rhodes stands no chance in this match. Flair wins with a WOO so loud it knocks out Cody.

This can be a great match, a real old-school classic match. Flair wins this one after a technical bout that gives Rhodes a good showing.

Let's not forget that noone could catch Flair in his prime. He was the greatest, and is still considered one of the greatest. So I'll say Flair wins via submission.

EDIT: This is also the Ric Flair region, so no way Flair doesn't survive his own region..

I'm more interested in Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes. Cody though gets the draw.

This would be an entertaining match. When given time, Cody is a very competent wrestler and would likely put on a good match with Flair. Ric would go over though, likely using dirty tactics to steal the win.

I'm more interested in Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes. Cody though gets the draw.

It does kind of feel right, that Flair is facing a Rhodes in the first round, but you're right. Flair gets the win, but it will probably be a more entertaining match than most people think. There's a lot of connections between the two (Legacy/Evolution, Flair/Rhodes) so I think Flair would do what he does and make the kid look great, but there isn't a scenario in the world where Cody gets a win here.

Ric Flair undoubtedly. Cody Rhodes, I like him, I really do. He is a good worker, a midcard heel or face but never a stature of Ric Flair at any time given. Even Cody had won multiple World Titles and flurry of Mainevents in PPVs that wouldn't be enough for him to get over someone like Ric Flair.

Wow, nice draw. After all the wars Naitch had with Cody's Poppa it only seems fit that his boy meets Flair in this tournament.

I've no doubt that Cody would get a lot of offense in, channeling the spirit of Dusty, and we'd certainly see a bionic elbow or 2, but lets be honest here, Flair is going to get the win and advance.

Winner: Ric Flair

If this were mid 2000's Flair vs pre-Stardust Cody, my money would probably be on Cody, since Flair at that point was well documented about putting over younger talent. But against prime Flair? No chance. It's unfair. Cody would have to be in the same legendary class as his father, and well... I don't think Cody is in the same class as his older brother.

Flair wins and faces a far more daunting challenge against Verne Gagne next round.

Flair gets the win. Not even close, to me. Cody is entertaining but he is not a 16 time world champion. Flair has done a lot for Wrestling in general and Cody hasn't done much since Legacy. Sure, he has won a few IC titles since then but Legacy is where he was prime. Flair is one of the best to ever step foot in a ring as well.

Vote Flair.

Flair would cut a great promo on Stardust, er... I mean Cody. Then he would flop around for 10 minutes before playing dirty and picking up the win. Cody isnt his father & this would not be a hard match for Flair.

It troubles me greatly to see a cool talent like Cody get absolutely destroyed, but he's nowhere on Flair's level even now. Flair is an inspiration to the guy too, remember the little "CR" on his trunks and the low-slung kneepads?

Cody is great in the way that he's a collective mashup of all his personal inspirations. But since Ric Flair was clearly a significant figure among those, he uses his superior experience and ability to "play the game" in the ring and takes it.

Five years ago I could see Ric putting Cody over, sure. And I like Cody Rhodes. I like Stardust too. But people solidified in the mid-card don't get the big surprise pin over the legend.

I think people are forgetting that Flair was a total jobber for most of the latter part of his career. He put over everybody and was sometimes no worse than Hacksaw. Many times he couldn't even get on the card. Had Cody debuted before WM23, he would've beaten Ric at a random Raw in under 5 minutes and then go on to face a top talent at the big show.

I think people are forgetting that Flair was a total jobber for most of the latter part of his career. He put over everybody and was sometimes no worse than Hacksaw. Many times he couldn't even get on the card. Had Cody debuted before WM23, he would've beaten Ric at a random Raw in under 5 minutes and then go on to face a top talent at the big show.

Flair also had a streak of how many wins before being retired by HBK? He was a good IC champ in a time where the IC belt was garbage, and his mic skills never diminished.

I miss Dashing Cody Rhodes with that kick ass theme song and that brilliant jacket. :(

Dusty here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back