Flair Region, Lexington Subregion, First Round: (8)Eddie Guerrero vs. (25)Bray Wyatt

Who Wins This Match?

• Eddie Guerrero

• Bray Wyatt

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
This is a first round match in the Flair Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.

Rupp_Arena_26033.jpg

943fa1b984db962aa681bc1d595c159f.jpg

#8. Eddie Guerrero

Vs.

480a1f67-e1ee-491d-9a57-7088fff24422.png

#25. Bray Wyatt

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted

What a bummer. This should be one of the more compelling matches in the first round- keyword there is should. Unfortunately, Bray is the modern day posterboy for what happens when you have a character in need of even a tiny bit of development in WWE; they have nothing for you.

At this point, Bray's sole accomplishment is beating John Cena in one of the most over-the-top dirty wins in cage match history. Eddie, while being a mid carder for the large majority of his career, did manage to actually accomplish more than literally one thing.

What a shame.

Eddy wins this, he's beaten Brock Lesnar for a World Title and with that win alone, he beats all Bray Wyatt's accomplishments. (If there really is any) Eddy with The Frog Splash for the win.

Eddy wins this, he's beaten Brock Lesnar for a World Title and with that win alone, he beats all Bray Wyatt's accomplishments. (If there really is any) Eddy with The Frog Splash for the win.

I think you can sum it up like that really. Even though both their most major victories weren't clean Eddie Guerrero won the world title off Brock Lesnar. Bray Wyatt beat John Cena and hasn't done anything noteworthy since.

This is the kind of feud Wyatt would thrive in.......and lose

I love Wyatt, I wish he were booked better, but because he hasn't been there is no chance in hell I can vote him over Eddie.
As prior mentioned, Eddie beat Brock for the world title in dirty fashion, much more meaningful then as opposed to Wyatt beating Cena before falling into irrelevance; let's not also forget Eddie's multiple mid-card title wins and his Wrestlemania XX victory over Angle, one of my personal favorite matches of his.
Latino Heat.

Bray Wyatt should be great. He can be great but Eddie was great! He won the world title, but I think even more importantly, he wins feuds. I don't think I can recall Bray winning a feud sine his debut...how is he suppose to look credible against a former champion? Eddie with a frog splash for the win.

Bray Wyatt is a great example of a character who suffered due to lack of development.
He was great during his time in NXT and his first year in WWE but ever since he's feud with Cena he has accomplished nothing and no longer looks like a threat.

Eddie Guerrero was a great midcard act and wasa great heel in his feud with Rey Mysterio he was always entertaining which Bray Wyatt is now just meh...

I choose Eddie Guerrero

Are we booking this tournament through accomplishments or are we giving it a storyline booking?

Of course Eddie's accomplishments far outweight Bray's. However, Bray is not all that weak as people think. Sure he lost his feud against Cena and Undertaker and Roman, but he has defeated guys like Ambrose, Jericho, Ryback, Kane and Bryan multiple times. I think that Bryan has never defeated Bray Wyatt either. Bray also never loses against talent that is not "true main event talent", in WWE's eyes. He's something like a jobber to the stars.

Bray Wyatt defeated Daniel Bryan at the Royal Rumble, two months before Bryan defeats Evolution at Wrestlemania in the same night. That's huge for Wyatt. Bray has a very good win-loss ratio in singles matches, despite what people think.

Eddie on the hand, not so much. He never really was such a strong champion, however he was universally loved by the fans. He always cheated to win. Also let's not forget that he lost to Rey Mysterio like what, 4-5 times in a row? Also Bray has a very good win ratio against smaller opponents. (see Daniel Bryan).

This is a very tough call for me and it might end up being a close contest. I think I'll give this one to Bray, because statistics never lie and Bray tends to have a strong start at something, before falling down on his head at the end.

You need only to look at my avatar and signature to see I am a Bray fan. I chose him...well one of his personas...for my e-fed rep image. I still feel like he has the potential to be a huge deal one day.

That said, this isn't a tournament based on what ifs and could bes.

Eddie accomplished more in his career than what Bray has, plain and simple. It should be a good match, but Eddie goes over.

Eddie accomplished more in WCW than Bray may ever accomplish anywhere, and it's a crying shame. This could have been a real barn burner for a first round match-up, but booking has just buried a great gimmick. This is another match that would be highly entertaining to see, but there wouldn't be any surprise when Eddie scores the 1-2-3 over the jobber to the stars that Bray has become.

Eddie so much necessarily. I have said in plenty of threads about how wasted Bray Wyatt was and how much maturity he had shown in the ring in the past few years. But that isn't just enough to beat someone like Eddie in the ring or on charismatic level. Latino heat is the best I have seen and the matches that Eddie had been in over the years are noteworthy whereas Bray's matches aren't. Even though Bray had some good matches in the recent past, we can't remember them well but Eddie's matches are always the memories that doesn't fade. Eddie goes over so easily.

This could be a great match with a compelling feud, potentially with Bray using Eddie's drug history and personal demons to manipulate him in some fashion and Guerrero having to overcome that.

Bray is a guy who, unfortunately, chokes in a big match-ups. That's true today more than ever. And with a feud like I described behind it, this would be a big match. Face Eddie was very much beloved and would likely go over a jobber to the stars like Wyatt. Sure, Bray has the Family behind him, but they're becoming increasingly ineffectual and would likely be outsmarted/outmaneuvered by the crafty Guerrero.

It would be a hard-fought match, but Eddie takes this and probably in slightly dirty fashion.

I want Bray Wyatt to be a mega star, I really do. I was blown away by the character when he first debuted and thought the Wyatt's would be a major deal. Then...they didn't do anything. None of them won any titles, won any feuds and Bray just doesn't have any direction but still remains solidly over.

But against a LYIN', CHEATIN' AND STEALIN' Guerrero, he'd just be adding another L to his resume. Eddie would find a crafty way to get the pin on Bray but would suffer a Wyatt family beatdown after the match was over.

The Eater of Worlds has not set the world on fire like he should have. Bray should be the most dominant force since The Undertaker, yet has been stuck in a very strange position. Why Vince gives this guy an awesome entrance, great mic time & surrounds him with huge maniacs yet keeps having him lose matches is something I will never comprehend.

Because of this clusterfuck of booking, I have to go with Eddie. The guy has done it all despite not being the biggest or meanest. If Bray had some more wins & gold around his waist it would be a different story possibly. Since this isnt about potential & we have to go with legit accomplishments- then Eddie wins.

You know what? Fuck the system. Bray needs this win a whole hell of a lot more than Eddie does.

That's what people have been saying for two years now. The irony is even if he somehow beat Eddie he'd lose to whoever was next almost immediately and that's Bray Wyatt's lot in life it seems

Eddie Guerrero was a quite decent wrestler, and when the WWE didn't have many options they took a shot on him and he did very well.

Bray Wyatt is a quite decent wrestler, and now the WWE doesn't have many options they don't take a shot on him.

Wyatt is formulaic and boring, in my opinion, but it is categorical fact that he hasn't achieved what Guerrero did. Eddie wins.

I'll say it again: Bray Wyatt is Team Rocket. He's the new Kane. He should be extremely imposing, but isn't because he loses too much to top faces and doesn't get enough time crushing lower card faces.

If Eddie was in full-on top face mode, then he would definitely win, based on narrative, ring skill, and even tricksy-ness. Wyatt may lie, cheat and steal too, but Eddie did all of that and more.

Bray Wyatt got a bad draw here. Given the sentiment that goes along with Eddie Guerrero, he is never getting through this match.

It has been pointed out, I am sure but Eddie was a career mid-card superstar. It was only towards the very end of his career that he actually managed to break through the glass ceiling and take the World Championship. Don't get me wrong, he definitely deserved it. He was a great wrestler and someone who the wrestling world rightfully mourns over.

But Wyatt has a lot of potential. This isn't his year; that much is absolutely certain. Given an easier draw, he might have gotten a few rounds further. But he hasn't done too much of note just yet. He could go on to be one of the most successful wrestlers in the history of the WWE if they can finally find a way of making him get over in the big matches. If they have a little faith in him, like they did with his opponent here, then he might just win this thing one day; such is his potential.

But right now, Eddie beats him.

Eddie was a good in-ring worker. I liked him.

The main thing that favoured Eddie was his booking and its opposite in the case of Bray Wyatt unfortunately. In terms of accomplishments, Eddie wins easily.

But in terms of in-ring work, I give the nod to Bray. Bray is an underrated in-ring worker.

It would be a fun match though. Eddie goes up for the frog splash but Harper distracts him and thus allows Bray to hit a uranage suplex from top rope. And then follows a cryptic spider walk and Sister Abigail for the win.

Follow The Buzzards!

Eddie was a career midcarder who loved putting over everybody. He's had some huge wins over the likes of Angle, Brock and others, but he lost the title to Bradshaw of all people and then went on to lose tons of matches. His main event run was a stint, and while Wyatt has lost tons of matches as well, he only loses to the very TOP people on the card. He loses to Brock, Roman, Taker, Cena. He doesn't lose to a Rey Mysterio, a Jeff Hardy, or an Eddie Guerrero. Bray would win this match-up hands down.

Eddie was a career midcarder who loved putting over everybody. He's had some huge wins over the likes of Angle, Brock and others, but he lost the title to Bradshaw of all people and then went on to lose tons of matches. His main event run was a stint, and while Wyatt has lost tons of matches as well, he only loses to the very TOP people on the card. He loses to Brock, Roman, Taker, Cena. He doesn't lose to a Rey Mysterio, a Jeff Hardy, or an Eddie Guerrero. Bray would win this match-up hands down.

It seems like he loses to everyone...When was his last high profile win? Honestly?

Eddie was more than a career mid-carder. He had a main event run with WWE where he beat Brock for the belt, as you've mentioned. And, "stint" or not, it's more time at the top than Bray has had, or maybe will have, considering booking.

This is down Kentucky. Its Ric Flair region so its 80s mid-south.

Wyatt plays a mystic crazy cult leader. God if Wyatt was around when kayfabe is alive...wow.

Guerrero here. Bray has been the most mismanaged talent I have seen in a while. He is becoming unsalvagable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back