First Round: Montreal - Magnum TA vs. Steve Williams

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Magnum TA

• Steve Williams

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round matchup in the Montreal Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated.

molson_grande.jpg

Magnum TA

Magnum%20TA%20autograph%20pic-medium.png

Vs.

Dr. Death Steve Williams

dr_death.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

steve williams takes this match..had magnum ta's career lasted longer than he might have and probably would have been more of a star than williams but since it didnt dr death wins this match

Magnum TA is someone who got over because of his looks and charisma. He had a very average wrestling skill set and his finisher was a belly to belly suplex. And trust me, that will not pin Dr. Death Steve Williams. Dr. Death is more powerful, stronger, faster, and can flat out wrestle circles around Magnum.

This should be a good match, but in the end, a Doctor Bomb and the Oklahoma Stampede end it for Terry Allen. Vote Dr. Death.

I can't call it any other way than for Dr. Death. Magnum had a lot of promise, and definitely was next in line, but he died before he could really blossom as a star, so it wouldn't be fair to give him this match over Dr. Death.

I can't call it any other way than for Dr. Death. Magnum had a lot of promise, and definitely was next in line, but he died before he could really blossom as a star, so it wouldn't be fair to give him this match over Dr. Death.

Umm... didn't die. Nearly did, but he's still alive. He was in a horrific car crash that left him in shambles, but he recovered... and in essence his career died. Terry Allen lives in Hampton, VA and even makes occasional appearances at conventions and the like.

While I do think that Magnum's abilities and charisma are blown a little out of proportion in these forums, I do think he'd give Williams a pretty competitive match. When it comes to overall athleticism, I've got to give the edge to Magnum though not by much. Williams was a damn good athlete back in his day.

In the end, I think Dr. Death's raw brute strength would be too much for Magnum to overcome. Dr. Death is one of the legitimately strongest wrestlers I've ever seen. I've seen old footage of him military pressing Big Bubba Rogers, AKA the Big Boss Man, in the mid 80s back when BBR was legitimately over 350 pounds. He may not have had the chiseled physique of someone like Lex Luger or the Ultimate Warrior, but he didn't need to. He was just a thick slab of muscle really.

Much is said of Magnum TA's "what if" potential, but he never got to show that potential off. Williams probably never fulfilled his potential in the US either, but he was a world champion in Japan, and I think that there is a legitimate potential that he might have been one had he been in NWA throughout the same period. Williams is bigger and stronger, and I expect that he'd win this one.

Williams is an all time person favorite of mine, so my vote was easy. Williams is better in every category you can judge here. Magnum was a lot of 'what if' and though Williams has the same questions about him, he was a lot more what he actually did. I honestly believe there was a lot more that could have been done with Williams, but in the end, what he actually did do was still more than what I believe could have been done with TA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back