First Round: Montreal - Kurt Angle vs. Billy Graham

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Kurt Angle

• Billy Graham

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round matchup in the Montreal Subregion. The ring and arena are universal throughout the first round and the organization is not a factor. There is a 20 minute time limit. Vote using any criteria you like. Most votes in the poll at the end of the time period wins. In the case of a tie we will go off of the number of written votes. In the case of a second tie, both are eliminated.

molson_grande.jpg

Kurt Angle

kurt-angle-interview-20050623021631.jpg

Vs.

Billy Graham

superstargraham.jpg

Voting is open for 4 days.

Kurt Angle is gonna pull this one off, purely from the fact that he's accomplished quite a lot in his career, he's a gold medalist and NCAA (I believe that's the name?) in amateur wrestling, and numerous world champion reigns in professional wrestling, this guy is a monster in the ring, a powerhouse alongside the fact that he's very technical, I always mark out for him being on the mat, then sprinting op to the top turnbuckle to belly to belly suplex his opponent.

Nothing, and I repeat, nothing can make me change my opinion as opposed to Billy Graham, who sure has a world title under his name when a world title was something to brag about, but Kurt Angle without a doubt is the superior guy in this one.

Angle completely shits on Grahmn here. He's superior in basically every single possible category, and that's not me being the a Kurt Angle nut holder, it's the truth. Angle has had more great matches than Grahmn can dream of. Speaking of Billy Grahmn, who cares about him? Anyone? Didn't think so. Kindly leave this tourney now, Mr. Grahmn.

Having a gold medal has nothing to do with professional wrestling. Billy Graham was big. Angle never was. Graham was Hogan before Hogan. I have no problem voting for Graham. Angles career has been overrated. He's a shitty face, a shitty heel. Graham was the ultimate face who paved the way for people like Hogan and the Body. Graham finds a way to go over.

Kurt angle goes over here in a decisive way hes been the best in the business for about 10 years now and grahams matches were never as entertaining as angles..angle can beat graham with a cigarette in his mouth

This is yet another example of making a vote that killed me to do it; but I just couldn't see the Superstar going over Angle. I just think that Angle has way too many tools with which to defeat Graham. I absolutely loved Graham as a kid and still hold him in great respect; he influenced evryone from Hogan to Ventura to HHH in one degree or another. That being said, I think that a match between the two sees Graham engaging Angle in tests of power which Angle either flat out avoids getting into or uses some of his technique to reverse any knuckle locks or the like. After a series of Suplexes, and attacks on Grahams lower body, he slaps on the Ankle lock and takes the win.

I am voting for Kurt Angle here.

I am not going to bullshit anyone and list off a thousand reasons as to why Kurt Angle should go over Billy Graham. However, what I will say, is that to my mind, Kurt Angle is the best superstar to ever go between the ropes. His amateur background set him in fabulous stead for the WWE and he has been the only wrestler who I will watch, regardless of who they are against. Kurt Angle is a wonderful worker and probably one of the best pure wrestlers to ever wrestle.

Angle here.

Normally in this tournament I've found most people are disgustingly ignorant/hateful of the older guys, the legends of the sport, but here, it's reversed. Graham is a good guy and his most notable accomplishment is being the beta version of Hogan. Angle is awesome, and deserves to go over. He's better then Graham in every way, except for overall look. Vote Angle.

Kurt Angle has been one of the best, if not, the best all-round professional wrestler to ever compete inside of the squared circle. His wrestling skills are phenomenal, as proved by his Olympic Gold medal, and would easily take anyone done with simplistic mat-based moves/submissions. The guy is pretty awesome on the mic too. You tell him his angle (pun intended) and he will pretty much deliver.

Unfortunately for Billy, he wasn't as good as Kurt Angle in all aspects. Sure, Graham defined how the WWE wrestlers are called "superstars" and he was one of the main attractions back in the day, he doesn't have the ability to go over Angle in a match.

Vote Kurt Angle.

Kurt Angle can win this whole goddamn tournament. So unless its against the Undertaker, it's always going to be an easy pick for me. Vote Kurt Angle without even thinking.

I picked Kurt Angle Here, but for Becker to pick someone not from Pittsburgh almost swayed me :p

Kurt Angle was one of the type of people that could have beat Hogan in his prime, not sure if the two ever did fight in WWE, cant remember if they did. I guess they have a chance now, although neither are in their prime now. Lesnar beat Hogan with ease so I think that Angle could have done well against him. And since Graham was NOT as good as Hogan, I give it to Angle here.

Kurt Angle might put on good matches, but he has lost to a lot, and I mean a lot of shit wrestlers over the years. The reason for this is that fundamentally, he is not a company carrying man. Sure, he's popular, but his complete lack of ratings change on TNA says it all really. Angle is a brilliant performer, but you can still put on a performance and lose. Graham was a company carrying man as a heel in the 1970s, which is unbelievable. To this day nobody has held a title as a heel for longer than him in the WWE, and only nWo Hogan has ever done it anywhere. Billy Graham is such a huge influence on wrestling, it's untrue, but more to the point, he beat most of the huge names of his generation more than he lost to them, unlike Angle.

Simply put Kurt Angle is one of the best wrestlers to have ever been in a wrestling ring. With each match, he adds a level of intensity and work ethic that often goes unseen. The man lives to put on good, entertaining matches.

He has speed, agility, power, technical skill. Kurt Angle is an all around solid wrestler.

As Tastycles pointed out, Angle has lost to a lot of names, but he always gave 100% to every match he was in and I see him doing no different against Billy Graham. In fact, Angle would probably increase his game to prove that he was the better man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back