Final Resolution: Kurt Angle Vs. Rhino

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
If you don't want to be spoiled, please don't read on.

Kurt Angle vs 'The War Machine' Rhino

On the upcoming iMPACT, Mick Foley announces that at Final Resolution, Kurt Angle will wrestle Rhino in a singles match. The deal is, if Angle wins he gets to face Jeff Jarrett once again. If he loses however, his TNA contract is void.

So this automatically tells me that there is no way in the world Angle is losing here. He has to go into his rematch with Jarrett looking super strong so that he looks like a legimate threat to him. If Rhino wins, what does he gain? I doubt TNA would give him a shot at the Heavyweight Title against Sting.

It should be a decent match though, but nothing more. Angle will win this in about 12 minute me thinks and it should be a similar match to the Angle/Abyss match from the last pay per view, except without all the weapons and gimmicks. I can't wait until this Angle/Jarrett feud is over and done with, so we can see Kurt Angle vs Mick Foley.

I agree with Rusty, I don't see Angle losing at all! I think the match will be decent and I would be happy if Rhino was being used more and being pushed to the upper midcard, but I just think he is going to job to Angle. TNA doesn't appear to be able to find a spot for Rhino and a common storyline since last PPV he face Bashir and now Angle. In a way I can maybe see Rhino turning on the originals and siding with the main event mafia turning heel and allowing Angle to get the win. But in the end I just think Angle will win it, and go on to face Jarett since their really isn't any point to push Rhino(who is bland & boring)to the top.

Can anyone seriously see Kurt Angle's contract being void? Why would TNA want to get rid of one of their biggest assets?

I agree with Rusty and mysterio_fan, i cannot see Angle losing that match either. As Rusty says Angle has to go into the match with Jarrett looking strong and unbeatable, he basically has to be like a psycho Edge character. I don't know what Rhino would get out of winning against Angle, Rhino seems like mid card wrestler since the Main Event Mafia storyline has taken hold, i can't see him in a match for a suitable enough title.

Yeah, i can also see this match being as good as the Abyss/Angle match at Turning point although without all the spots i.e tables and being thrown through stage walls. If we get weapons used in this match it would be a nice extra touch and possibly make the match that much better. In all honesty i think this match will be short without much exciting moves just holds, grappling and the odd "spectacular jump"

Kinda pointless. Filler match. Don't really have an opinion on this. I'm sure the match will be perfectly passable. The stipulation is a little bit ******ed. Unless the WWE is deciding to clear out all their ex-talent from TNA (here's hoping) then Angle's definitely going to win. Unless they really, really want to draw out this Jarrett feud of course.

Why are TNA making us wait for that match? I mean, we've already seen it. They seem to have got this the wrong way round. You have Jarrett avoid Angle before they have a match, sillies.

The deal is, if Angle wins he gets to face Jeff Jarrett once again. If he loses however, his TNA contract is void.

This match was going to have a total lack of drama anyway. But even less so with a stipulation like that. I might have to make a new years thread regarding all the shitty little TNA stipulations, I'll mark them off like a jailbird does days in his cell.

The stipulation wouldn't be so bad if TNA actually used it sometimes, but they don't. They don't even have Undertaker like situations where somebody will vanish for a couple of months. No, Angle will be on the next weeks iMPACT.

Who exactly do TNA have to replace Angle anyway? Storyline wise it's stupid.

I'm with the crowd in saying Angle wins easily here. Why Rhino of all people? He's a jobber to the stars. Put this match on Impact and it's one thing, but at a damn pay per view? This just shows me the problems with putting on multiman main events: It takes away the rest of your upper card guys from being in a match like this. Even if TNA tries to throw a curve and have Angle lose, there's no cahnce their either biggest or second biggest star leaves and everyone knows it. Pointless match really, with Angle winning.

Why can't we ever get "kewl" T.N.A. stipulations like "If Angle wins, he gets to live.. but if Angle loses, Karen gets to cut his nuts off". It'd sell more than this crap.

Seriously? Angle v. Rhino. This match may have been remotely interesting, about 2-3 years or so ago when Rhino first came into T.N.A. and won the Heavyweight Championship, slightly making himself seem like a top midcarder.

But years have passed, and Rhino hasn't done a whole lot of anything. Didn't he lose to Cute Kip recently as well? I mean, wow.. losing to Kip and suddenly being a "contender" against Kurt Angle. Either Angle's standards have dropped off the charts, or Rhino's power rankings were lost in translation.

The sad thing is, I can see this match being one of the Main Event's they promote, so it'll take up a decent amount of time. Horrible, horrible booking. iMPACT! has better matche... oh, wait. It's T.N.A., nevermind. :disappointed:

Well, at least (assumably, barring Jarrett helping Rhino) we'll get a good rematch outta the deal.

i think that most likely angle'll win, but i'd like to rhino win, then have angle "fired" and have him refuse to accept it and still appear on impact, it'd increase the main event mafia's thing about how the do what they want when they want, no mattger what others say. but i doubt it'll happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back