Sacrifice: TNA World Heavyweight Championship- Foley Vs. Sting Vs. Jarrett Vs. Angle

Marquis

Sacrifice: TNA World Heavyweight Championship- Foley Vs. Sting Vs. Jarrett Vs. Angle

Should be an alright match. Not expecting anything spectacular here. The match quality itself isn't what catches my interest here. Its the things on the line for this match.

If Mick Foley gets pinned, he loses the TNA Heavyweight Title
If Kurt Angle gets pinned, he gives up leadership of The Main Event Mafia
If Sting gets pinned, he has vowed to never wrestle again
If Jeff Jarrett gets pinned, he gives up his power in TNA

This is what really makes this match interesting. I've heard nothing of Sting's contract ending anytime soon, so logic tells me Sting won't be getting pinned. If anyone else gets pinned aside from Sting, it just advances the storylines. If Angle gets pinned, he gives up leadership of the mafia. I assume this will lead to the eventual splitting of the mafia, since i don't see it in Kurt's character being fine with giving up leadership. If Jarrett gets pinned, it furthers his feud with Mick. With Jarrett losing all his power to Mick, i can expect Mick to keep Jarrett around and torture him week after week. As for Mick, he just loses the title. So i see either Mick or Angle getting pinned here. By who? Not sure. Its a tough call. I'll say Mick retains here by pinning Angle.

I was thinking about this last night. I doubt it'll be Sting. He's the biggest name on the roster. Foley is a likely candidate, but he seems way too obvious. He's a great cowardly heel champion, so why would that be ended? Angle and Jarrett are the likely choices. If nothing else Jarrett losing would end the issue of having two owners. Angle being pinned means the beginning of the end of the Mafia. I'll go with Angle or Jarrett but leaning towards JJ.

I'm going to put my money on Angle, since it would advance the whole storyline, and also could re-spark things with Sting....

This should be a pretty good match, the novelty of the names, the star power and the intriguing stipulations should make for a highly entertaining, edge of the seat type of match up.

I see Foley coming out on top in this one, either pinning Angle or Jarret, giving Foley a little more power, one way or the other.

The way I see it, Foley as champion is a ratings draw, and they may as well milk him as champ while they can, this match should lead to a feud between Angle and Foley, or Jarret and Foley, Personally I hope Foley Pins Angle, thus leading to some intriguing TNA impact episodes.

Can someone clarify something for me? Since this is the official TNA World title match of the card does that mean that Foley has to be pinned for him to lose his title? I mean, if say Jarrett pins Sting would Jarrett become champion and Sting would retire or would just Sting retire? I'm wondering if these stipulations give Foley the championship advantage back that is usually taken away in a multi-person match. Does Foley have to make sure no one gets pinned or just that he doesn't get pinned?

Either way, I think Foley will pin Jarrett. It seems like Sting is only in the match because there are residual issues from him dropping the title to Foley. Angle only seems to be in the match to up the workrate. The Angle/Sting issues being brought back last night seemed really forced. This match is all about Foley and Jarrett. With Slammiversary and King of the Mountain coming up next month I expect a title change there so there's no point to do one here as well.

Quite frankly, I shudder to think of any of the men in this match besides Angle holding the title. Sting and Foley are so ridiculously broken down. Sting is flat out boring while Foley as a heel seems so forced. Jarrett? Well, I still subscribe to the theory that he's held the NWA/TNA title enough for a lifetime. I get the sad feeling that they'll give it back to him next month now that he's a face to reinforce the King of the Mountain nickname. I'm sure TNA will play it off as a feel good moment by having him finally topple Foley but I'm not buying it.

So I say Foley pins Jarrett on Sunday so we'll get a month of Foley using his full power to book Jeff in crazy unfair match after crazy unfair match.

I'm so disappointed in TNA right now. Joe is still feuding with Nash. A.J. is quietly having good matches with Booker but it's over an unestablished title. Daniels makes his big return only to quickly be busted down to X-title level again. Meanwhile Foley, Angle, Sting and Jarrett are the World title picture. Apparently the old guys vs. young guns feud ended off screen and the old guys won easily. :(

Can someone please tell me the point of this Match. When the MEM was formed, it looked like it was created story wise to give the younger guys a push against the veterans big names. Yet now the frontline is completely gone and you have 4 of the biggest veterans in the business (2 of whom are semi retired Mick and Jarret), in the main event. Shouldn't someone like AJ, or Joe or Daniels be in this match at least

I think pretty much anyone can win this match..I'll put them in order from least likely to most likely.

Jeff Jarrett- The least likely but it could happen... Jarrett could pin Foley to win the TNA Title and finally put an end to Foley.

Sting- They could further the Sting/Angle issues by having Sting pin Kurt Angle to win control of the Main Event Mafia.. That could send Angle over the edge knowing hes below Sting in the pecking order.

Kurt Angle- They could give Kurt the title over Foley but it wouldn't really accomplish anything unless he pinned Sting and ended his career and further Angle/Sting for several months until Jarrett "persuades" Sting to return and end Kurt Angle's "reign of terror"...It's happened before..What's to say TNA wont do it?

Mick Foley- The likely winner.. Foley's never had a Title reign over a month but I think this'll be different.He's never been heel as World Champion and i'm rather enjoying it.. He could pin ANYONE.. Foley could pin Jarrett, thus making Foley FULL Owner and it'd make Jarrett a regular wrestler... If that happens tho, expect Jarrett to win the title at Slammiversary since, storyline wise, he'll be just a wrestler and they won't have to deal with the "Owner being Champion of his own Company" scenario on TV eventhough we all know better... Foley could pin Sting, thus giving Foley the ULTIMATE satisfaction of ending Sting's career, and would open the door several months later for Sting to return for revenge. Or, the likely scenario based on Impact a few weeks ago, Mick Foley pins Kurt Angle and takes control of the Main Event Mafia.. This could send Sting over the edge knowing he's in the same group and could finally push Sting to leave the MEM... It'll also further Angle/Foley as i'm sure Angle will be livid that he's under Mick Foley.

That said, should be interesting... The match rate will be poor aside from Kurt Angle and Jeff Jarrett... But the sub plots is what makes it interesting...I say, Mick Foley retains and Jeff Jarrett wins at Slammiversary.

It's an intresting match in one of those ''Why don't TNA just make it a 4-Way match?'' kind of way.

Isn't this show on Sunday? Good job they announced a match then. TNA have ignored this show so they can promote Slammiversary. Only problem is that nobody is going to buy Slammiversary and all that's happened is that less people will buy this show.

Foley wins, Jarrett loses.

I don't think Sacrifice is a special occasion when it comes to TNA ignoring their shows. My biggest problem is how they build up their matches. This World title match is great at least as far as promotions are concerned. But what about the other matches? For example, Booker and A.J.'s issues went on the backburner because A.J. was dealing with Joe and doting over the return of Daniels. Then last week Lauren just randomly said that A.J. had an "I Quit" match with Booker. It was so out of the blue. Yeah, it made sense but no one challenged the other. No authority figure deemed the match necessary. Everyone who was anyone was too busy with this World title match. Jarrett and Foley are busy with one another. That makes me wonder what sort of power Jim Cornette has. Seeing him nowadays is like seeing a rare white elk.

TNA has a problem with it's execution. On paper alone, a Sting/Jarrett/Foley/Angle match doesn't sound like a horrible idea. But these guys are going for the title? They all have silly stipulations that do nothing besides make it obvious Sting and Foley won't be pinned while Foley is most likely to do the pinning.

Sorry, this is a bit of a rant although I am still discussing the title match. It's just that I want to love TNA so much and it seem to want to make it an incredibly difficult task.

im hoping angle wins by pinning mick foley as he deserves it more than sting, i hope this is the start of the end for sting as he is too stale like taker now and should retire

Angle won't win, he's going back to WWE at some point. I reckon either Foley retains or Jarrett pins him.

if jarrett pins its ridiculous he isnt even a good wrestler and only gets to be a main eventer when vince russo or himself makes the decsiion

Yeah, before he started TNA Jarrett was mid card at best in WWE, with a Country singer gimmick, not a very good singer either IMO... And, he was feuding with Steve Blackman.

Yeah, before he started TNA Jarrett was mid card at best in WWE, with a Country singer gimmick, not a very good singer either IMO... And, he was feuding with Steve Blackman.

No he wasn't, Before he started TNA, He was main eventing WCW.

I put alot of though into this(the match, Not the post), And honesty cant tell who will win. Sting isn't going to retire, So he won't lose, But I don't think he will win either. I can't see Jeff Jarret going back behind the camera, But I don't think he will win the title either. Kurt Angle I could see losing, Only if it's to break up the Mafia, And they had some squabbles with each other, And Angle has been the keeping them together since he and Sting battled. I could only really think Foley could losing because he only loses the Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back