Who will win this match?

• Abyss

• The Pope

Results are only viewable after voting.

LSN80

King Of The Ring
CASKET MATCH
“The Monster” Abyss vs “The Pope” D’Angelo Dinero

This match also announced on TNA's website. In yet another rematch from Turning Point, "The Monster" Abyss and "The Pope' D'Angelo Dinero square off yet again at Final Resolution, this time in a Casket Match.

At Turning Point, Abyss defeated Dinero with an assist from the Pope's congregation, including his brother, who had been paid off by Eric Bischoff.

SInce then, we've seen Dinero "kidnap" Eric Bischoff, attempting to put him into a casket. His efforts were thwarted by Abyss, who instead put Pope inside of a casket. The following week on Impact, Abyss made an open challenge for a casket match, which was answered by Shannon Moore.

The match was interrupted by The Pope, who managed to hide himself inside the casket. The match was declared a no-contest, but the issues between the Pope and Abyss still remain.

Will the differences between the two be settled in a casket match at Turning Point? Who will emerge victorious, and why?

Oh boy, this could get messy. Most Abyss matches are pretty torturous to watch, unless you get the right build, opponent, etc and whatnot. RVD at BFG was that very good match. The Pope in a casket match? Should be freaking awful.

Ever since his title shot Pope has done jack shit. Another match, another loss is what I'm predicting, not that anyone will care.

Ugh, not looking forward to this at all. This could be the worst match of the night. I really don't have any interest in the Pope/Abyss rivalry. It's been very underwhelming so far, and the Lumberjack match at Turning Point was very bad. Pope seems to be riding a nice little push, so I'm picking him to win this one. Still, I don't expect much from this match. There will be a lot of brawling here, and it'll interesting to see how Pope will roll Abyss into a casket.

Im holding out hope for this match, only because the casket match between Shannon Moore and Abyss wasn't half bad before Pope interrupted it. Pope is a bigger player then Moore, so hopefully he can deliver a better match.

I see Abyss winning this. I would have called Pope with an assist before he brawled with Joe on Thanksgiving's Impact, so it appears he'll be going it alone. I see Pope continuing to lose until he sees he can't fight alone and is forced to team with men like Morgan, Williams and Joe that he doesnt necessarily like or trust. Abyss wins this, and although I want to believe this will be good, the hope Im holding out isn't high, simply based upon what we've seen in the past from these two.

Yea I'm not expecting much from this Match but hopefully the can Surprise and have a decent match. I think that Pope will get the win here and then hopefully move on to something else because this feud has not been good.

Wait, didn't we already have this match? Ugh, TNA is driving me insane once again with their booking. I don't care about this one at this point. Abyss should get the win though because if he is meant to be one of the enforcers of Immortal then he should be booked to be as powerful as can be. Pope won't get a thing out of a win in this match, so he's losing. It probably won't be that great, I'm a little sick of this feud right now.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Abyss will defeat The Pope.

A reoccuring theme for this PPV and TNA is the random use of gimmick matches for absolutely no reason. Who knows why Pope brought the casket out to begin with the very first time he DID. The caskets been around week after week since, TNA's been pulling cliche Undertaker booking week after week with the casket, and now we have a match that really doesn't interest me in the least (I'm surprised if it interests anyone).

Another theme for this PPV is that its just a throwaway PPV, that people are wasting their money on, so TNA can get to the next month. Almost every single match has one side that's clearly going to job to the other. This one might not be AS obvious, but Abyss is still going to lose to Pope. If he doesn't TNA is fucked. So, it might not happen!

A reoccuring theme for this PPV and TNA is the random use of gimmick matches for absolutely no reason. Who knows why Pope brought the casket out to begin with the very first time he DID. The caskets been around week after week since, TNA's been pulling cliche Undertaker booking week after week with the casket, and now we have a match that really doesn't interest me in the least (I'm surprised if it interests anyone).

Another theme for this PPV is that its just a throwaway PPV, that people are wasting their money on, so TNA can get to the next month. Almost every single match has one side that's clearly going to job to the other. This one might not be AS obvious, but Abyss is still going to lose to Pope. If he doesn't TNA is fucked. So, it might not happen!

I agree, what is the fucking point of this match. We have enough gimmick matches without TNA stealing the Undertakers signiture match. It is going to suck. Abyss is getting slower and fatter every time I see him and just bores me to death.

I cant see The Pope losing this. Abyss seems to lose every big gimmick match he is in, and this should be no exception. I used to be an Abyss fan when he was new and fresh but there is no way now that a rising star like The Pope should lose a 2nd ppv match in succession to the fat monster.

So Pope for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back