FIFA World Cup Enters The Final Straight: Semi-Final One- Uruguay vs. The Netherlands

So I don't think anyone expected these two teams to be in the semi-finals. Holland have got here largely showing unimpressive form, and Uruguay have got here largely because of Diego Forlan. And the crossbar in Soccer City.

This then folks, is for all the marbles, the winner gets into the World Cup Final: the loser gets the ignomity of the Third Place Play-Off.

Personally, my moneys on Uruguay in extra-time.

Who else is here?

Rooting for Uruguay. Forlan's hair is tremendous. Hoping that Jesus gets to start today because they're without Suarez.

I will be cheering on Uruguay as i have quite a bit of money on Spain and it would be an easier game if Spain won tomorrow.

Disarray, that is likely the greatest sig ever. It simply wins at everything. I am unable to have a differing opinion when Slick Willie is giving me the charm like that.

You have 1 guess on who I'm rooting for. And I will be very, very disappointed if you guess wrong.

Ferbs will no doubt be continuing his trend of supporting the team with the bigger reputation rather than the team who has played the better and more entertaining football

HOLLAND!

And they have certainly also proved to be one of. If not the best team this time.

Sneijder has been a beast in this tournament.

HOLLAND!

And they have certainly also proved to be one of. If not the best team this time.

Sneijder has been a beast in this tournament.

You are right about Sneijder but the Netherlands haven't even been close to playing the best football in this tournament.

That title has so far been claimed by the Germans for their performances against England and Argentina. Even Spain's victory over Portugal was more impressive than anything the Dutch have done so far, including beating Brazil

The goal that Gio just scored is the first eye-catching thing the Dutch have done so far

Барбоса;2190010 said:
You are right about Sneijder but the Netherlands haven't even been close to playing the best football in this tournament.

That title has so far been claimed by the Germans for their performances against England and Argentina. Even Spain's victory over Portugal was more impressive than anything the Dutch have done so far, including beating Brazil

The goal that Gio just scored is the first eye-catching thing the Dutch have done so far

Yes sure the Germans have been playing the best. But in terms of statistics the Germans aren't undefeated. But I also said "one of" and added "perhaps the best" so there's nowhere I'm saying they definitely were the best.

The goal being eye catching is arguable. Beating Brazil was still eye catching. Making it this far as a whole is somewhat eye catching.

And holy fuck that must've hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back