• AJ Styles vs. John Cena

• Samoa Joe vs. Brock Lesnar

• Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate

• New Day vs. Usos

• Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman

• Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega

• Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reigns vs. Strowman. Long feud (by today's standards), several good matches and, most importantly, went a very long way to getting Strowman over.

Black and Dream had a reason to feud. Other than a title. Derived from their personalities. With a satisfying ending to the feud, which included a reason why they wouldn't just carry on beating each other up. Like, a whole story about recognition and respect, with a resolution. In 2017. I was astonished.

Jericho and Owens being on this list continues the grand tradition of Owens being celebrated for any old mediocrity as long as he does it loudly. Someone backstage comes up with a good prop idea and you'd think it was Rock versus Austin.

This one is difficult for the most part.

Black vs. Dream was a picture of how to build for a match and have the match itself exceed an excellent build.

Styles vs. Cena was another fantastic outing but this time around, it was pretty obvious how it was gonna turn out.

Joe vs. Lensnar was the first time in a long time in which Lesnar looked vulnerable against a modern star, someone who wasn't around during the Attitude Era. It made Lesnar more interesting than he had been in years, but I never got the sense Lesnar was ever really in danger.

Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate all rests within the quality of the three televised matches they've had in 2017. There wasn't so much of a story going on, just two extremely talented guys fighting over a championship. While simple is often the way to go, this may be a case of being too simple.

The New Day vs. the Usos is the best tag team feud in a very long time with one amazing match after another. My one complaint is that they switched the titles so much but even that pet peeve is soothed by the quality of the work these two teams put in.

Reigns vs. Strowman dominated much of the landscape in WWE this year and it's easy to see why. They put on really good matches that told good stories and there was a real sense of spectacle; Reigns being pushed off a platform while strapped to a gurney, Strowman flipping over an ambulance, Reigns putting an Ambulance in reverse and then slamming it into a parked 18 wheeler while Strowman was in the back. Most of all though, this feud established Strowman as someone to watch, you couldn't write him off after seeing such consistently good work in this program and subsequent programs that were going on with him.

Okada vs. Omega is a bit overrated in my eyes, but it's still the feud that's ultimately established Kenny Omega as the most talked about non WWE wrestler in the world.

Jericho vs. Owens was fun, but I was turned off by them hot potatoing the US title, it was just unnecessary for this program, especially with Jericho leaving shortly thereafter.

While I'm pretty sure it won't win, I'm boing with Black vs. Dream. I know it was only over the course of about a month and led to a single match program, but the build and the accompanying match were damn near close to perfection. It wasn't overexposed, it didn't outstay its welcome and once again established that simplicity and allowing the wrestlers to organically be more of who they are is often the way to go.

I'm going to break some hearts and say I wasn't that fussed about Black Vs Dream. Yea, I said it. Though I do sympathize with being extremely happy to see something just formatted properly.

For sheer entertainment, I don't think Reigns Vs Stroman can be topped. Funny promos, insane matches, just all around delivery on every level

ROSES RED

VIOLETS BLUE

POETRY IS HARD

IM NOT FINISHED WITH YOU

Braun Strowman wrecking Roman's shit was one of the funniest things I've seen this year. From the moment that ambulance door came off, to Reigns legit trying to kill him, it's been a rollercoaster of entertainment we haven't had in a while. On principle alone it should be voted for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back