Feud of The Year

Discussion in 'Wrestling Awards' started by klunderbunker, Dec 5, 2012.

?

What Is The Best Feud Of 2012?

1. Bobby Roode vs. James Storm

2. CM Punk vs. John Cena

3. Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

4. CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan

5. The Rock vs. John Cena

6. CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

Feud Of The Year

2. The_Reptile_

The_Reptile_ Pre-Show Stalwart

Rock/Cena carried most of the weight to making the most profitable PPV in company history.

It wins.

Peoples_Champ and TJ Matics like this.
  3. SpoodBeest

SpoodBeest City Dweller, Successful Fella

Toss up between Punk/Bryan and Punk/Jericho here can't decide on which I shall be back to vote eventually now it's time to share reasons why I won't consider voting for the other options.

1. I don't watch TNA

2. Punk/Cena had Big Show involved finishing his issues he had with Cena prior and really only came down to the two having issues as it built up to their bout at NoC then Cena got hurt and Ryback went on to feud with Punk and Cena's been involved in the painful Ziggler/Vickie/AJ scandal it was a essentially a one PPV program and in my opinion Lesnar/Cena was by the far the superior option for poll in regards to that category

3. Was Sheamus/Bryan even a feud? There wasn't very much interaction between the two at all heading into WrestleMania it was like the two would cut a promo a week about their upcoming match and focus on other shit. Then 18 seconds happened and that was what built the epic MOTY candidate rematch at Extreme Rules, but even with that thrown into play the real focus was on Del Rio beginning a feud with Sheamus rather than Sheamus continuing a program with Bryan.

4. Cena/Rock was what is was some good jabs and promos thrown at one and other in the build up to their match but other than that wasn't much heat to it, they delivered a great main event to cap off the PPV of the Year but in terms of a feud there wasn't much that wasn't already touched upon and done better last year. Just because it does well for business in the form of one big match doesn't make it a great feud, the match sold itself.

Then you have Punk/Bryan and Punk/Jericho. One was a straight forward classic feud for the richest prize in sports entertainment that turned a little whacky when AJ and Kane ended up getting involved but it helped the feud rather than hurt it, it really did. Then you have a personal feud over the WWE title with Jericho trying to mentally take Punk out of his game by insulting his family, specifically his father's alcoholism and Punk wanting revenge. Basic enough and both feuds got very appropriate blow off matches at Extreme Rules and Money in the Bank respectively. Again someone persuade me or I'll try to decide after watching some video packages...

4. This Is My Name Thank You

This Is My Name Thank You Is a horrible poster.

Bobby Roode and James Storm for me. The matches they had for the title and after without the title were epic. The way TNA handle this feud was awesome. It felt like good old school wrestling the way it was played out.

5. Bababaloney

Bababaloney Dark Match Jobber

This one's a slam dunk...No other feud in 2012 even comes close in intensity and quality to this one.

6. Rainbow Yaz

Rainbow Yaz Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
    E-Fed Mod

Punk was involved in some solid feuds with Jericho and Cena this year, and Cena/Rock had some terrific promos between two guys who made you feel at times really hated each other.

That said I had to give my vote to Roode/Storm. I'm not a huge TNA fan, and before this feud I couldn't remember the last time I watched TNA with any consistency. I'm not even a James Storm fan, but this feud was too good to pass up. The breakup of one of, hell arguably the best tag team in TNA history, leading to a classic cocky/cowardly heel cheating and taking the easy way out to retain his title against the the do good against all odds babyface. It made me feel like I was a wee little Yazzy again, watching the face chase the title, coming so close so many times. They worked terrific matches, cut good promos, and for a time Bobby Roode was the top heel in wrestling. This feud alone made me watch more TNA in the last year than I did in probably the past two or three years combined.

7. SpoodBeest

Punk/Bryan has officially won me over that was quite the tough decision.

8. Reflection

Reflection is a happier and wiser man

Josh Isenberg vs Good Journalism.

9. Joe's Gonna Kill You

Joe's Gonna Kill You The Hunt is On

10. Bernkastel

Bernkastel Reaper of Miracles
    E-Fed Mod

Rock/Cena

11. avi01

avi01 Getting Noticed By Management

Bobby Roode vs. James Storm for me. Rock- Cena was pivotal and it is second..in terms of magnitude, Rock-Cena is much much bigger. However their feud was not that good in terms of content, some good promos here and there but the feud relied heavily on the star power of Rock and Cena more than actual content. It may have spanned over a year, but most of the action went on Twitter.
    Storm-Roode however, is a beautiful story told. From their friendship to Storm`s heel turn and rise on top of TNA, by the end, I don`t think any other match(Bound for Glory) had so much personal feeling around it. I just wished their Bound for glory match was for the title..would have been a perfect way to end it.
    Cena-Punk was pretty good but to be fair, it was nothing compared to the heights they reached last year.
    I liked Punk-Bryan but the other feuds are just better.
    I feel Lesnar-HHH should been a choice here. They did retained attention for months despite limited appearance from the actors..still the most personal feud in WWE this year.

12. FunKay the Inevitable

FunKay the Inevitable People Like Me, We Don't Play

How did Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan, the very definition of a non-feud, get on here and Lesnar vs. Cena got left out? Anyway, I'm not here to poke holes in the WZ forum's logic (the like of Sly, Sam and Coco are far better at it than I) so I suppose I'll choose my #2 choice and that's (drum-roll please); Punk vs. Cena.

To me there were only two months where I truly thought I was watching top quality wrestling television in the main event segments and they were April and the four week period between SummerSlam and Night of Champions. The former is discussed above, but the latter featured a collision between the modern day super powers and it featured great promos, good action and nice drama. All round quality stuff.

13. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

I went with Cena vs. Rock for this one. There was so much hype to this match and build up, unlike anything else we've seen. But what ultimately makes this feud of the year for me was because the payoff more than lived up to the hype.

TJ Matics likes this.
  14. cult_of_icecream_bar

cult_of_icecream_bar Pre-Show Stalwart

If i had to vote which feud drew more money,i'd go with Cena and Rock.But as a fan,Roode vs Storm was feud for me.It wasn't some throw away feud for the title.It had the build up,the intensity and the incredible matches.It was a classic feud.If it were in the WWE,people would pay to see it.

15. Danger Burger

Danger Burger Thread Killer

Roode/Storm. Years in the making and it delivered every time.

Cena/Rock was frankly more dissapointing than anything. Had all the potential in the world, but didnt pull me under. Cena FANS v Rock FANS was more intense.

16. Daniel

Daniel Of Ace Stevens fame.

How the hell did CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan make it on the list? And why the hell are people voting for it? I love 'em both, but come on. That was barely a feud. Their Over The Limit match was the only world championship match that I can recall without a promo video.

Cena vs. The Rock wins this. Cena vs. Punk comes close, but nothing can beat just how special the whole "Once In A Lifetime" stuff felt. Plus, 'Mania became the highest-grossing PPV in wrestling history because of it. That's hard to argue against.

17. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

I didn't get enough of Punk/Cena. There was the stuff leading up to Night of Champions, a bit after it, then baldy came in, then it just sort of fizzled out. It was all brilliant - Punk and Cena tearing chunks out of each other on the microphone is always something to behold, and the match at Night of Champions was exquisite - but there just wasn't enough of it for me. Thanks a bunch, Ryback.

That out of the way, Roode versus Storm coasts to get my vote for feud of the year. Spectacularly good feud. It should have probably been the main event of Bound For Glory, and King Mo should have probably stayed the fuck away from it, but I still thought it had a brilliantly paced build and a great pay-off. It fizzled out, they did other things, then they reignited it at just the right time. I don't think there's two wrestlers who can brag of having two matches together the quality of Roode versus Storm at Lockdown and then at Bound For Glory. What's more, King Mo's acting was much better than Shawn Michaels' at WrestleMania. No, seriously.

Edit: I might have given Cena/Rock some consideration but all that hype was so copious and superfluous and, frankly, it just fell flat on its face for me. Good conclusion though, despite all the hot air.

18. Buford

Buford Dark Match Winner

I accidentally voted for Punk/Bryan, but I wanted Storm/Roode. Now that's how you build a feud for a year. Just a great job there on all parties involved and was easily TNA's best ppv.

19. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

Ignoring money (I'll take my banning like a man now) and the fact that TNA hasn't been all that great in 2012, Roode/Storm really delivered. It was about as close to having the feel of two guys hating each other as much as anything. Rock/Cena was very entertaining at times but the lack of violence irritated me every week. Punk/Jericho was a huge let down for a long period of time, they really had to turn up Punk's family history to make it feel somewhat real. I think people forget how much complaining the IWC did in relation to Punk/Jericho. Cena/Punk was good while it lasted but was a letdown compared to last year. I don't really remember DB and Sheamus really "feuding". DB and Punk was more about AJ than anything else.

Where is Hardy vs. the Delerium Tremors?

20. Mr. Artistic guy

Mr. Artistic guy Better Off This Way

If you ever wanted to know how to book a tag team separation angle, watch Storm and Roode. It all culminating in an absolute classic match which capitalised upon the sheer potency of the intensity that that feud had. It would take something special to beat it.

Although it felt silly and childish and forced at times, the overall Cena and Rock feud would have to be that special something. It wasn't just the hype, nor that they delivered, it was the aura of this feud. It was old school in it's realism and intensity. The fact that is was very character breaking made it all the more feel like the two men involved just didn't like each other. It was once in a lifetime and for that it must win.

21. tarp

tarp Pre-Show Stalwart

This is not about WWE it's about a great feud. Cena and Rock had a great war or words and ONE count it ONE good match. Storms and Roode had several including a great on at BFG. I hope the administrator changes Bufords vote. This is tied lets fight for the best feud not just talking. Ric Flair vs Dusty, Freebirds vs Vonerich's, Rock-n-roll express vs midnight express, Tully vs Magnum these were feuds. If they had just one match it might not be remembered this long from now. Vote Roode/Storms.

22. SpoodBeest

Now I'm thinking I should have voted for Punk/Jericho :( if vote changes are not allowed then so be it but consider this a changing of minds via write in I guess.

23. #MrScissorsKick

#MrScissorsKick I'm an Alex Morgan Guy

punk vs cena

24. GI Cake

GI Cake Thank God For Sodamy.

When we get Cena vs Punk, we have yet to see anything less of a 120% percent from both of these guys. They absolutely gel together like peanut butter and jelly. It doesn't matter if it was last year, or this current year. Cena vs Punk will always be entertaining.

25. SpoodBeest

STFU self Punk/Bryan was a great feud my initial vote gives love to an under appreciated feud is all. Storm/Roode taking a decent lead wonder if it will keep up until the closing of polls...