Favourite Royal Rumble Elimination

I would personally say that out of all the rumble eliminations there have been, which is more than i want to look up, one stands out as the best but there are a few that deserve some recognition like the London elimination, taker in 2002, show in 04, and so on but i have one that is completely awesome!

Taka Michunoku: When he got eliminated it was so awesome, granted he got hurt which is not good but it seriously added to it that he basically flew over that top rope held on too long and smacked his head on the floor. Now the best part of this thing is the reaction from Jerry Lawler! Lawler seriously loves this moment and if you watch the rest of the rumble he talks about it and asks to show it multiple times! Greatest Elimination!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wMt94KDiQg

I can't believe you guys!!!!!! How'd you forget the poor Taka Michinoku elimination at RR 2000!!!!! Gangrel and Big Boss Man just flung him!!!!! Like a poor under pushed asian superstar, he hit splat on the floor, and I thought his neck broke!!!!! I had to watch it about 4 million times before I could laugh like some of the people around me would. I mean that elimination was just HARDCORE!!!!!!

As the title states, I want you to list your favorite Royal Rumble elimination. Many a time the elimination of a particular participant stays in your head sometimes due to the manner in which the participant who got eliminated took the bump or due to the fact that the elimination came as an absolute shocker. Sometimes its the hilarity of the elimination that makes it memorable.

Without further ado, here's my favorite elimination in a Royal Rumble match:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpJshxa7ryM[/YOUTUBE]

I doubt if there has ever been a bigger shocker than this one. Undertaker absolutely dominated the first half of the 2002 Royal Rumble match only to get eliminated by none other than Tough Enough winner Maven. No one could have imagined this even in their wildest imagination. And the way in which Undertaker reacted after he got eliminated by Maven just makes the elimination even more memorable. The bloodbath which Maven was subjected to was absolutely brutal with Maven taking some really stiff unprotected chairshots to the head. Without a doubt this was the biggest moment of Maven's career.

My honorable mention goes out to Jerry Lawler's elimination by Bret Hart at Royal Rumble 1997. Jerry was comentating at the time when suddenly his music was played. At that time Bret was in the ring with Austin and had Austin locked in a sharpshooter. Jerry left for the ring by saying "It takes a king....". As soon as he entered the ring Bret broke the sharpshooter on Austin and went straight after Jerry. He punched him twice and Jerry fell over the top rope. He came back to the announce table to complete his incomplete sentence ".....to know a King". Throughout the entire match Jerry kept talking about how he would have won the match had he been a participant and Jim Ross and Vince McMahon kept reminding him that he was a participant. I could not get the video but it should be watched for its hilarity. I think Jerry holds the second place for spending the least amount of time in a Royal Rumble match.

So what are your favorite Royal Rumble eliminations?

the maven/taker elimination in 2002 was good but i like in 2003 when maven drop kick taker from behind and got excited cause he thought he had eliminated taker for a second time only to turn around and get chocked slammed and eliminated lol

Cant remember the year but I'll never forget this one. They always make such a big deal over how the huge monsters on the roster will ever be elimninated and it usually takes some big group effort to get the job done but does anyone remember when HBK single handedly eliminated Vader & Yokozuna at the same time!? Just walked right over, scooped em both up, and tossed em over like it was nothing. I literally couldn't believe what I just saw.

I'm surprised no one has said Taka Michinoku. I can't remember what year it was at the moment.

But that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, he landed on his face and was legitimately injured. They kept showing replay after replay of it and the expression on his face was priceless.

Another favorite was when Jeff Hardy landed right on his back out on the floor (sick bump)....I believe it was 2001 (could be wrong).

My favorite Rumble moment is from 94:

"Luger over the top, Luger with a clothesline......DID YOU SEE THAT?!?!" - Vince

Luger clotheslined Rikishi Fatu and he did his inside out flip. To my knowledge it was the first time he ever did that in WWE (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm surprised no one has said Taka Michinoku. I can't remember what year it was at the moment.

But that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen, he landed on his face and was legitimately injured. They kept showing replay after replay of it and the expression on his face was priceless.

I said it a bit ago, but it's ok, I didnt laugh at first ut now everytime I see it, I giggle like a school girl

Kobrad and The Poster nailed my two favorites, the Bushwhacker elimination and the Taka elimination. Those are two classics in the Rumble that didn't involve big names, but were either hilarious (the Bushwhacker) or downright scary (Taka) and are still brought up amongst all of my buddies when we discuss the Rumble.

I liked the 2000 winning elimination by The Rock on Big Show. The build up to their feud was intense and when it was left down to the final two you really thought Big Show was going to massacre The Rock. Rock was really groggy when Show hoisted him over his shoulder and it was literally one of those mark out moments when I saw The Rock flip him over the top ropes then roll back in exhausted! Memorable moment.

All these are really great memories, but for me, I think the honor has to go to Simon Dean being eliminated by Shawn Michaels in the 2005 royal rumble. Dean had been warming up for around two or three minutes. HBK comes in looks at him warming up in the corner, then BAM!!! Sweet Chin Music.

Also another favorite, is Angle eliminating Goldberg in 04. Not the elimination itself, but how it actually happened. Brock comes in and give him the F5, Goldberg uses the ropes to pull himself up, cussing out Brock. Then from behind Angle eliminates him.

One last one that stuck out was Brock's elimination of Matt Hardy in 03. He F5 him right out of the ring onto Hass and Benjamin. Awesome.

There's no question in my mind that the best elimination (and perhaps greatest moment) in Royal Rumble history occured in 2000 when Taka Michinoku got FLUNG over the top by Bossman and Gangrel. He hit his face so hard and Jerry "The King" Lawler's commentary was priceless. He truly made a simple botch look like the funniest thing of all time, they replayed it several times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wMt94KDiQg

id probavly have to say kanes elimination of the big show when he picked up the big show and carried him over to the ropes and dumped him over the top rope. i remember show even being stunned and congratulating kane the next week for the feat

Tut tut. My two favorite moments are still on the board:

Kane eliminates the Honky Tonk Man (RR 2001). Guess Kane doesn't like music much!:
[YT]4Y4jRlRjWZg[/YT]

Daniel Puder enters RR 2005 at number 3 and gets mauled by Eddie and Benoit and Holly: Funny as hell when Puder gets on the mic and says he's going to win, then Eddie/Benoit take turns beating the holy hell out of him. Best part was Holly's face when he came out that said "Wait up boys, save some of that delicious rookie meat for me!" Poor Puder LOL!

I liked when the Undertaker eliminated Khali in 2007. It was not one of the greatest or funny, but just how they made it happen. Khali dominating everyone and then hits Shawn with a chokeslam or what ever it was. Then, the announcers were yelling , who will stop the Great Khali and the gong sounds. The expressions of the Great Khali when that happened was priceless. Everyone knew it was going to be Taker, but it was just cool to see him single handedly eliminate Khali.

Cant remember the year but I'll never forget this one. They always make such a big deal over how the huge monsters on the roster will ever be elimninated and it usually takes some big group effort to get the job done but does anyone remember when HBK single handedly eliminated Vader & Yokozuna at the same time!? Just walked right over, scooped em both up, and tossed em over like it was nothing. I literally couldn't believe what I just saw.

That was 96 and that was 1 of 3 shocking eliminations by HBK of that yr as he also eliminated Lawler with a Hiduakin type punch that Jerry oversold and he eliminated his bud Big Daddy Cool as well. Another was 1989 when Andre was eliminated by Damian when Jake brought him back out. Shawn has eliminated both of his best buds the same way which is ironic 96 to Diesel and 2010 to Trips with some tune named Sweet Chin Music. Chyna's elimination of Mark Henry and Beth Phoenix's elimination of The Great Khali was both awesome sights as well.

2007. 4 men left in the rumble, Hbk, Taker, Edge and Orton. HBk was RKO'ed and was no where to be found. Edge was about to deliver the one-man Con-chair-to when HBK slithered back into the ring. Edge tells Orton to take care of him. Orton gets backdropped over the ropes. THen to make it sweeter, Edge misses Wildly with the chair shot and gets sum goood ol' Sweet Chin Music out the ring. Good Sell by Edge. To me, Edge and Orton always seem to sell the Sweet Chin Music the best. There was a HUGE pop from HBk eliminating Orton right to the part of the synonymous kip-up and sit-up. Awesome Moment.

i cant believe i forgot about this one. andre the giant eliminating jake the snake roberts. jake comes back about 5 minutes later with his snake damian, and andre runs like a girl eliminating himself. now if that happened nowadays i think it would be a little on the corny side. but back then it was pretty awesome.

another beauty...1999 GILLBERG coming out to his great entrance of sparklers and fire extinguishers, comes into the ring, walks over to the ropes with the goldberg taunts, and gets thrown out within 10 seconds by a young edge. gillberg was truly a legend.

I can't believe you guys!!!!!! How'd you forget the poor Taka Michinoku elimination at RR 2000!!!!! Gangrel and Big Boss Man just flung him!!!!! Like a poor under pushed asian superstar, he hit splat on the floor, and I thought his neck broke!!!!! I had to watch it about 4 million times before I could laugh like some of the people around me would. I mean that elimination was just HARDCORE!!!!!!

Dammit, that was mine!

[YOUTUBE]2wMt94KDiQg[/YOUTUBE]

If I'm not mistaken that was one of, if not the final nail in Taka's career in the WWE. I'm pretty sure he was sidelined for a long time with a shoulder injury after that and then released.

afew posters has mentioned it and i agree. think it was 2000 or 2001. taka michinoku. if i remember him and funaki entered several times and kept getting thrown out. but the last once taka bit it hard and was legit injured, which of course sux. but the air time he got and landing on his face. cant lie, i enjoyed it as much as lawler did.

[YOUTUBE]LT32JLIQq_M[/YOUTUBE]
I believe that was my favorite elimination. I remember just hating his charicter, and it made me laugh to see that the wrestlers hated him as much as me. He got put over hardcore as a heel. When you have both heel and faces gunning to get you out when your not a monster of a man, you know you can get some real heel heat from the crowd. I liked the way the WWE put him in like that, it was a great way to get some huge heat on him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back