THE BEST ROYAL RUMBLE VICTORY

The Saviour

Dark Match Winner
As we all know,we are heading towards the greatest gimmick ppv ever.This year I guess the Rumble will be quite unpredictable,there are no clear favourites.But what I am asking here is what is the BEST ROYAL RUMBLE WIN you have ever witnessed.The criteria is yours to chose.For me it should be time spent in the match,wrestlers eliminated and the also the shock of him winning.My pick will be REY MYSTERIO.It was great RUMBLE match.Rey entered the match #2 and I never wanted or thought that Rey will win it.Moreso when Triple H assaulted him after his elimination by Mysterio,I thought its certainly going to be Orton.But then I was stunned when Mysterio eliminated Orton to win the whole thing.He holds the record for longest time spent in the Rumble.I remember looking around the TV screen in the hope that someone was still there.But anyways that was a truly epic win for Mysterio,though he did win the title at WM 22,I still believe that the Royal Rumble win is his greatest moment. So what do you guys have to say?get on with it.

Three stand out

#1 The Rock in 2000- Terrific way he won

#2 Stone Cold in 2001- I marked out badly at 9 years old.

#3 Chris Benoit in 2004- One of my favorites ever. To go from #1 to World Champion and him celebrating with Eddie in the ring at Wrestlemania XX is my favorite moment in all my years as a wrestling fan.

I will only take into account the Rumbles that I have been able to remember and the first one I remember when I started watching was in 2004. i pick that one because even though I was new to wrestling I knew that what Benoit did was an amazing feat. Sure it was scripted, but he started at number 1 and lasted an hour in there, so I wouldn't take any credit away from him.

My second one would be the one from 2007. I was so happy that Taker won because I thought at his age, he would never accomplish that, but then it happened. I marked out like hell too. Plus it was a great show down he and Shawn gave us with the little mini match they had.

takers in 07 was awesome. him and hbk's back and forth was prob the best finish theres been to a rumble match, and was a precursor 2 their epic WM matches. RR is my fav event of all time, bn a fan since '87. ..even more than WM. my fav rumble winner is no doubt Benoit. i was a huge huge fan of his, entering #1 he was a long shot. i didnt believe it till he pulled big show 2 the floor and good ole JR was hollaring. one of my favorite wrestling moments ever period.

For me it's really easy. It was when Lex Luger and Bret Hart both won the Royal Rumble after they eliminated themselves at the exact same time. This moment has been duplicated a couple of times since then (off the top of my head I can think of the Undertaker/Batista steel cage match several years ago), but nobody has really made it as convincing as it was done in 1994. Though there was much emotion was poured out during Benoit's and Mysterio's wins, I still don't think the awesomeness of Luger's and Hart's win can still be matched.

My favorite win was benoit's victory it was an intense finish how he was locked out to big show everybody was going nuts. Benoit's victory was the best because it had the most intense and emotional meaning to it bc he waited so long to get his shot.

For me it's really easy. It was when Lex Luger and Bret Hart both won the Royal Rumble after they eliminated themselves at the exact same time. This moment has been duplicated a couple of times since then (off the top of my head I can think of the Undertaker/Batista steel cage match several years ago), but nobody has really made it as convincing as it was done in 1994. Though there was much emotion was poured out during Benoit's and Mysterio's wins, I still don't think the awesomeness of Luger's and Hart's win can still be matched.

Agreed 100%, it was done so immaculate that for WWE to even try and ever replicate it again is kind of laughable. I still remember watching that live and being blown away by how well done the spot was. It was a great lead in to an interesting Mania set up too, because since Yoko had to defend twice, they made Bret fight Owen first, just such an awesome well thought out Rumble finish that you can tell was clearly thought out far in advance.

It's moments like that which make me wish the kids watching WWE today really had gotten to see just what a pro Bret was back in his prime. I'd be hard pressed to think of anyway they could end a Rumble nowadays that would be even remotely as intriguing. The last 10 or so Rumbles, have been so painfully obvious who was going to win you could almost always narrow it down to 2 guys at the most. That '94 finish was really something special thought because I don't think anyone saw it coming, maybe Bret and Lex were front runners to win, but not like that! :)

In the history of the Royal Rumble my favorite Royal Rumble wins are:

Royal Rumble 1992:

"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, coming to the WWF few months prior from the NWA/WCW. Due to the then President of the NWA/WCW, Jim Herd. For his lack of know how. He was a Pizza Hut Manager few months prior!!! Flair went into RR 1992 with a purpose. He had to prove he was THE REAL World Heavyweight Champion after running his mouth for months. He entered as #3 and lasted for close to an hour and then won the vacant, WWF Championship. Great win!

Royal Rumble 2001:

Ston Cold Steve Austin winning his 3rd Royal Rumble. This win was different and very important to Austin. He came back from a near career ending neck injury that he recieved at the 1999 Survivor Series. He didnt come back until September 2000. So he had lots to prove. He needed to show the locker room that he was still the Rattle Snake, the toughest s.o.b. in the WWF, and he did.

Royal Rumble 2004:

Chris Benoit, another man with something to prove. He had been wrestling for 18 yrs and never truly had his chance to be a main eventer. Yes he won the WCW Title from Sid but he didnt hold it for long at all. He was in the match for 62 minutes and his final opponent was the Big Show. He used his wrestling skill to take out Big Show and won the Rumble and later on becoming the World Heavyweight Champion by making Triple H submitting at WM XX.

Royal Rumble 2007

Undertkaer, He entered this match with the best draw, # 30. Undertaker has done everything in the WWE. At the time, 4 time WWE Champion, 7 time Tag Team Champion, Hardcore Champion, 14-0 at WM. But the one thing he had never done was win the Royal Rumble. How fitting at the 2007 Royal Rumble, the 20th Royal Rumble, that it came down to the to biggest superstars of all time, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. (I feel this was WWE's way of starting the build up for the later WM XXV face off.) Great win for Undertaker and much deserved for the future Hall of Famer

Royal Rumble 1992

Ric Flair winning was amazing. It was also the most important Rumble in history because the title was on the line. Before Flair, nobody had won the Rumble with a draw lower than the mid twenties. Flair came in at 3 and put on a clinic for an hour. The final four were Hogan, Flair, Savage, and Sid. Nobody knew had any idea who would win. It also marked the first time that Vince had given the ball to someone that wasn't his creation. Flair was the first WCW guy to ever accomplish anything in the WWE since Vince took the company over. Another thing that made the match special was the way Heenan was going nuts for Flair on the commentary the entire match. Possibley the best called match in wrestling history. It was also one of the most star studded matches in WWE history. Hogan, Savage, Flair, Piper, DiBiase, Snuka, Sid, Jake Roberts, Undertaker, Kerry Von Erich, Shawn Michaels, Duggan, and the British Bulldog were all in the match. After winning, Flair went on the to give one of the greatest victory speeches in wrestling history. "With a tear in my eye....."

I have to say Chris Benoit. Even though what he wrong and the WWE will never mention him again. I have to say it was greatest way to start making someone deserved it a champion. I was live at WrestleMania XX to see him win it. I always tell people as a wrestler Chris Benoit deserves to have his name with the greats but as a person he deserves to be forgotten. R.I.P Chris Benoit the wrestler and Eddie Guerrero.

I forgot to mention that Chris Benoit's win in '04 was fantastic and Undertaker's victory in '07 was special,I can still recall the entire face off between him and Michaels I marked out big time for that entire time.Thats why we love wrestling.

Hands down, my favorite Royal Rumble win ever was Ric Flair in 1992. I was personally rooting for either Hulk Hogan or Roddy Piper that night, to be honest I was pulling more for Roddy Piper since he never got a World Title reign and I thought it would have been epic if he had won both belts in the same night. But all was well in the end because we ended up seeing Roddy Piper segue into a fantastic WrestleMania match against Bret Hart at WrestleMania VIII. And Flair was just sheer awesome with his post match promo alongside Curt Hennig and Bobby Heenan.

The reason that Flair's win was so memorable and it's my favorite was because Vince let an outside competitor win the title in a rather quick fashion, that's not something you saw Vince do too often. After all it took guys like Booker T five years to win the WWF/E's version of the World Title and about four years for Chris Benoit to do the same thing, but Flair being who he was got that distinction rather quickly and it was even more impressive to see him get it at the expense of Hulk Hogan right in the very same match. Sure, it wasn't a pinfall victory over Hogan nor did Flair eliminate Hogan, but it was still a perfect example of a heel getting the last laugh which was a real treat to end the event.

Since the Hogan-Flair match never went through at WrestleMania VIII and with all respect to the Macho Man, I really wish Flair had an uninterrupted run as World Champion, but it was not to be. However, it still ranks as a memorable moment and my favorite Royal Rumble win to date. However, Shawn Michaels 1995 Royal Rumble win where we had a false ending with the British Bulldog thinking he won was pretty classic is a very close second for me.

For me, here are my top 3 rumble victories:

1. HBK in 1995-simply because they thought he was eliminated but he wasn't and it was down to the first two entrants at the end in him and British Bulldog. Sure it was duplicated 4 years later with Stone Cold and McMahon, but the original one was better.

2. Undertakers in 2007-simply because at his age, noone thought he would ever win it, and I am glad that he did.

and 3.) Bret Hart/Lex Luger in 1994-simply because they never would allow a co-champion of the rumble again (look at 2005 when Batista/Cena did it, Vince came out, tore his quads getting into the ring, and had them battle again to determine a winner.)

And I am gonna take it 1 step further and chose the worst rumble victory: Vince McMahon in 1999-need I really explain why this is the worst one? Well, they say the winner of the rumble main events Wrestlemania, yet this particular year, Vince did not main event Wrestlemania, I do not recall what happened with it, but oh well.

2004 I can remember the huge build up to this Rumble, where seemingly anyone could have won it. Sometimes you can kind of guess who's going to win a Rumble, i.e. we all knew HHH would win it in '02, and once Cena came out in '08 you knew he was going to win, but 2004's Rumble had so many story elements going on at once that seemingly anyone could have walked out the victor. Orton was taunting Foley, Cena had been making a mockery out of Big Show, Heyman maliciously put Benoit as #1 claiming Benoit didn't have what it took to win the big one, Goldberg was #30 and Kurt Angle was dedicating a victory to the overseas armed forces, and that's ALL before we'd even looked at guys like Kane, RVD, Jericho etc. And then for Benoit to go all the way to win it after being left alone with the world's largest athlete as his final opponent was simply electrifying.

2007 Firstly because this was the first time someone actually won the Rumble with the coveted #30 spot. Secondly, because it was the first and only Rumble win for the Deadman, and thirdly because of the awesome ten minute exchange between Taker and HBK that was a sign of things to come.

put that cigarette out!!

with a tear in my eye, this is the greatest moment in my life.

for the hulk hogans and the macho mans and the pipers and the sids, now its ric flair and you all pay homage to the man.

1992 the best rumble ever, im not the sort to tell you i told you so but.......i told you so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSp0I_Ev0Yw

2004: Benoit. I went apeshit when he won. And him dropping to his knees with his arms raised in the air with the wrestlemania 20 logo in the background was one of the most epic things WWE has ever shown. This was easily one of the best storylines the WWE has ever produced.

Royal Rumble 1992

Ric Flair winning was amazing. It was also the most important Rumble in history because the title was on the line. Before Flair, nobody had won the Rumble with a draw lower than the mid twenties. Flair came in at 3 and put on a clinic for an hour. The final four were Hogan, Flair, Savage, and Sid. Nobody knew had any idea who would win. It also marked the first time that Vince had given the ball to someone that wasn't his creation. Flair was the first WCW guy to ever accomplish anything in the WWE since Vince took the company over. Another thing that made the match special was the way Heenan was going nuts for Flair on the commentary the entire match. Possibley the best called match in wrestling history. It was also one of the most star studded matches in WWE history. Hogan, Savage, Flair, Piper, DiBiase, Snuka, Sid, Jake Roberts, Undertaker, Kerry Von Erich, Shawn Michaels, Duggan, and the British Bulldog were all in the match. After winning, Flair went on the to give one of the greatest victory speeches in wrestling history. "With a tear in my eye....."

Brilliant post. :thumbsup:The commentary from Heenan was amazing, I lost count of how many times he yelled out "It's not fair to Flair!!"

Others I highly rate:

Rumble 93 - I actually think the dominant way Yoko one was great, it totally cemented him as the top monster heel in the WWF and prepared him to face Bret at Wrestlemania.

Rumble 95 - This one had a great story with # 1 and 2 being the final 2, the false finish was also brilliantly executed.

Rumble 96 - Shawn's comeback, the double elim of Yoko and Vader and then superkicking Diesel over the top rope for the win, great stuff.

Rumble 2001 - Austin needed to win this Rumble to get back into the title picture, he survives Triple H's attack, has an electric showdown with The Rock mid match and then wins it.

Rumble 2004 - The story was Benoit could never win the big one, a guy who was over as a wrestler first and foremost, he went from #1 for 60 minutes and won the whole thing, when it came down to him and Big Show I wondered just how he was gonna eliminate the giant, thankfully the way they came up with was not only visually great but also credible which just elevated the win.

Rumble 2008 - Yeah he came in last but it was an electric reaction, and then Cena, Batista and Triple H squaring off, with the history they have, for the right to go to Wrestlemania was pretty epic.

Man out of all the Rumble wins I either have to go with Flair winning or McMahon winning the rumble, and I know it sounds stupid but let me explain. Flair to win the rumble was big to me it showed that the wrestling world believes he is the best wrestler ever since he went from working as really the first crossover guy from WCW to be wwf champion.

Vince's win was a little different and here is why, the build up for Austin/McMahon was a long time coming, they pushed these guys as #1 and #2 Vince put the bounty on Austins head in the rumble, and despite being attacked in the back during the rumble match itself (which is the first and only time something like that happened in the rumble) it still came down as the #1 and #2 man reminiscent of HBK and British Bulldog only with how they hyped Austin coming back into the rumble and getting it down to the final 2 him and McMahon and then Vince swerved everyone by having Rock help eliminate Austin to win the Royal Rumble.

i loved watching old wcw corny as it was so when flair came to wwf i marked out seeing him win the 92 rumble. with no iwc or equivalent back then i thought there was gonna be some wcw/wwf storyline. 92 is my face followed by 94 double winners in Luger/Hart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back