Favourite Call of Duty online experience?

Your favourite Call of Duty multiplayer experience

• Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

• Call of Duty: World At War

• Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

• Call of Duty: Black Ops

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Rob

Telling me I'm invincible..
Since 2007, Call of Duty has become one of, if not the biggest franchises in gaming. Infinity Ward and Treyarch do the honors on alternate years and both developers have added their own swing to each of their installments. Whilst the single player campaigns in each Call of Duty game has been cinematic and engaging, overall as a gamer (and I'm speaking about me personally) I buy each game because of it's online components. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was the first FPS I became truly addicted too. Call of Duty: World At War carried on this addiction and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was just a complete life-stealer. Black Ops not so much but I think thats because I have less free time nowerdays.

Now, each of these games has obviously had to up it's game (no pun intended) from the previous title, and these changes have effected the overall experience of playing online. The question I ask you all is, taking everything into account, which Call of Duty game do you like the most online? Which experience keeps you coming back for more?

Heres a list of the Call of Duty games in question and the significant changes that were made from the previous title:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Perks
  • Killstreak rewards
  • Beautiful graphics
  • A HUGE online community

Call of Duty: World At War
  • Gore
  • Nazi Zombie mode
  • Updated perks and killstreaks
  • Co-op campaign mode (including competitive)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • Massive selection of perks (including additional abilities with each perk)
  • Massive selection of killstreaks
  • Massive selection of weapons, attachments & additional weaponary
  • Updated graphics engine
  • Spec-Ops mode

Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Huge ways to customise your classes and playercard
  • Wager Mode
  • CoD points
  • Combat Training
  • Updated Nazi Zombie mode

I'd say, for me personally Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is my favourite online experience, not just in any Call of Duty game, but just in general. I've only recently started playing it again and I'd forgotten what I'd been missing. The graphics are simply stunning, the maps for the most part are fantastic (minus that stupid theme park map in the DLC, what were IW thinking?!) and the weapons pack such a punch it almost makes me giddy. It's one of the few games I could stay up till 6 in the morning playing and not regret doing it. It's just a modern masterpiece and IW (or whoever the hell is developing the inevitable Modern Warfare 3) have got their work cut out topping it. This games release was an event for me, I was as pumped for it's release as I have been for WrestleMania or going to the British Grand Prix every year, I was like a 9 year old kid on Christmas Day. I know this has no relevance to the actual game itself but from my standpoint, all this has added up to what I can only describe as my favourite gaming experience online of this generation. Full stop.

I personally prefered either World at war or the new black ops purely for the Nazi zombies mode, i just find that the online gametypes like S and D and team deathmatch bore me after about an hour.
With Zombies it brings a lot more co-op work into play so is a lot better when playing with a group of friends, and the fact that another map pack is out soon for the ps3 adds to this enjoyment

I like Modern Warfare 2. It had just enough customization. Weapons and perks unlocked at fair levels.

I'm not a big fan of the whole "buying your weapons" concept, it made too many options, and I can just stare at the screen for hours debating what to buy.

I may get heat on me for this but MW2 because it was my first COD game.My friend said it was good and i got it.But I enjoyed it thoroughly.

But mainly cuz of my two orgasmic moments.

1st.I had a shit ass team against a real good team.My friend was on the other team.It was 5400-7400(them) and..I got a Nuke :D.Literally one second after i launched it my friend got a kill which wouldve won them the game.

2nd.Playing cops and robbers on skidrow.Im a robber.Im on the stairs that are on the far right of the map if you start in the carpark.And they lead to the other side with the yellow room and the second story of hte building.So im on the stairs leading up to that looking that way.(Im down btw)and my friend is in the opposite corner up the stairs with his shotgun out.I throw my knife it rebounds of the stairs 90 degrees and hits him.

Call of Duty 4. Everything was balanced imo and all the maps were decent (except downfall) I remember staying up till 4 in the morning play it with my friends. The killstreaks also weren't overpowered and did not ruin the gameplan. WAW was ok but I played it for a week and went back to COD 4. MW2 was annoying due to it being buggy. Also killstreaks did way too much damage.

Pft! You people are absolutely crazy! The real experience is playing Call Of Duty 2 with friends. Did he say “Call Of Duty 2”? Perhaps he meant “Modern Warfare 2”? Nope, I didn't....

Call Of Duty 2 is the finest multiplayer game I have ever played bar none. I have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours playing this retro classic with friends over a couple of beers and a good time. When the game was released, it was the top brass of any game. The graphics were stunning and the game play took a huge step forward. The multiplayer was the reason that it got so much attention for me though. The map packs were released constantly and for a decent enough price. It was the first game I can remember that took advantage of the Live Marketplace and it has to be commended for that.

It was also the first game that I can recall seeing hundreds of thousands of players playing at the same time. It didn't matter when you logged on, you would find a match within seconds and you would be blasting the face off of other competitors in a matter of moments. There was nothing wrong with this game and the multiplayer experience was incredible. Even when it died out, my friends and I still continued to play it. I went back to play it the other day and couldn't believe that you couldn't run! Something like that is so minimal in a game now that you only notice it when you don't have it.

The greatest thing about COD2 was that it led to much better things. There are so many things you can identify in the latest offerings that stemmed from COD2 and that cannot be understated. It is definitely my favourite game and the game that I had the most fun playing with friends. What else can you ask from a game?

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Bar-none, the finest gaming experience I've ever had. I remember when it just barely came out, I stayed up all night playing with my friends. It doesn't hurt that my friends are also really good, so I was always challenged if I faced them, or if we were together it was nice to have capable teammates. I loved the guns it that game, absolutely loved the maps, and everything else was perfect. It was a fun game that you could just keep playing. I have it on the PS3, so now that modding is so rampant on the game I rarely play, but it is a GREAT game.

Hat's off to Dave for mentioning Call of Duty 2. That was one of the first gamse I really enjoyed playing online. I was a loyal Sony fan, so at the time I had a PlayStation 2, but that game ranked up there close to SOCOM for me.

Personally, my favorite overall was Call of Duty 5: World At War. Black Ops brings me the good stuff, but I didn't feel as compelled to play the campaign because I wasn't very interested in the Cold War. World War II on the other hand was the largest war ever. It's just neat to play through that. The suprise of Nazi Zombies at the end made it all the sweeter. Whoever the fuck said, "Hmmm...Nazis.....Zombies.....Nazi Zombies? Nazi Zombies!! Holy Shit, guys I just got a great idea!!!" deserves some award. Or at least free Subway for life.

Anyways, the multiplayer isn't as good as Modern Warfare 2, but for what WaW's multiplayer lacks, Zombie mode makes up for it. Modern Warfare 2 had some many balance problems that I got tired of playing it. Commando was a motherfucker to me, and I lable anyone that used it, without seeing the error of their ways, a bitch.

Call of Duty Black Ops, hasn't competed it's round on map packs and updates. Whether it passes WaW in all around greatness is likely, but yet to be seen.

The first Modern Warfare was a multiplayer masterpiece, and to my knowledge, had few problems. You don't need the complexities of two predicessors to make a good game. I never owned it though, so I can't really vote for it in good concious.

The greatest thing about COD2 was that it led to much better things. There are so many things you can identify in the latest offerings that stemmed from COD2 and that cannot be understated. It is definitely my favourite game and the game that I had the most fun playing with friends. What else can you ask from a game?

This. COD 2 probably had the best multiplayer experience for me, and like Dave said, you could find a match within a snap of your finger. And also, it had great weaponry and great maps (so good that they were remade in the Modern Warfare series), and turned out very well for a young series on the 360. I enjoyed just being in the match, playing and not having to worry about buying weapons, getting knifed from 2,000 feet away with fucking Commando, or hearing random dudes rant on about quick scopes. Just a very good all around experience. Hard to beat.

I've only ever played Modern Warefare 2 and Black Ops, and of those MW2 was by far the best.

I think I actually got slightly addicted to MW2 for a while...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back